Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,322 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

Constitutional Amendment: Senate Begins Voting - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Constitutional Amendment: Senate Begins Voting (14153 Views)

Senate Begins Probe Into Oil Subsidy Payments In Buhari’s Government / Ex-CJN Tanko To Get N2.5bn Benefits, Senate Begins Corruption Probe / Senate Begins Annual Vacation, To Resume September 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Constitutional Amendment: Senate Begins Voting by Parachoko: 7:51am On Mar 16, 2022
fergie001:

That's what it looks like.
The NA should also pass a bill that will make INEC be in charge of conducting LG election.
Re: Constitutional Amendment: Senate Begins Voting by fergie001: 8:33am On Mar 16, 2022
Parachoko:
The NA should also pass a bill that will make INEC be in charge of conducting LG election.
It was not among the 68 items.....

Parachoko:
When will the two house come together and vote on this bills? When will they send it to the State House Of Assembly to vote on it?
It depends on (Lawan & Gbaja).
Re: Constitutional Amendment: Senate Begins Voting by Parachoko: 8:34am On Mar 16, 2022
fergie001:

It was not among the 68 items.....
They can still work on it, i do not trust all this states electoral bodies.
Re: Constitutional Amendment: Senate Begins Voting by fergie001: 8:36am On Mar 16, 2022
Parachoko:
They can still work on it, i do not trust all this states electoral bodies.
They don't want to.....Even if they do, when it gets to the States, the Govs will make sure they kill it.
Re: Constitutional Amendment: Senate Begins Voting by Parachoko: 8:39am On Mar 16, 2022
fergie001:

They don't want to.....Even if they do, when it gets to the States, the Govs will make sure they kill it.
Even after the State House Of Assembly have their Autonomy? If they eventually have an autonomy, I don't know why they will keep on letting the State Governors control them.
Re: Constitutional Amendment: Senate Begins Voting by fergie001: 8:53am On Mar 16, 2022
Parachoko:
Even after the State House Of Assembly have their Autonomy? If they eventually have an autonomy, I don't know why they will keep on letting the State Governors control them.
They don't have the autonomy yet. Moreover, INEC is over-burdened.
Re: Constitutional Amendment: Senate Begins Voting by Fujiyama: 6:51pm On Jan 25, 2023
And a thread like this never made front page?

I hope I am wrong.

Edit: Relieved to find out it actually made front page
Re: Constitutional Amendment: Senate Begins Voting by Zulum500: 7:06pm On Jan 25, 2023
buckeyemedia:
Bola Tinubu’s wife is a Senator, he is not one of those men who feels a woman’s role is in the house (Kitchen & Bedroom), respect Jagaban, or are you a housewife?

Don't mind her..
She just been foolish 🤣

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido / Strong Statement From Buhari’ll End Herdsmen Killings -okowa / Last Lap: Tinubu Campaign Mulls Alliance With Smaller Parties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.