Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,113 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

The Beauty Of Southern Nigeria Shocked Me! (video) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Beauty Of Southern Nigeria Shocked Me! (video) (53280 Views)

The Beauty Of Maiduguri At Night (pictures) / The Beauty Of Crystal Lake Resort Oguta, Imo State In Pictures / Joe Igbokwe: "Air Peace Blocked Me From Travelling, Shocked Me" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Beauty Of Southern Nigeria Shocked Me! (video) by OChimex: 10:20am On Mar 12, 2022
GeneralDae:

So how do we go about the human development? Isn't infrastructure a great part of human development? If good roads and power are on ground for everyone, it makes life easier not just for the poor but for investors. When Investors invest, the people get jobs, or what is your idea of human empowerment? Is it to share the money?

If you arent an Economist, you will never understand human capital development. It is so broad, but this is the pillar of every great country in the world. I will explain in a layman's understanding.

"What is the best for your kids, is it to give them good home and moral trainings and instill discipline, integrity, hardwork, send them to school to get adequate knowledge; or avoid letting them get these trainings and just buy them cars, build them mansions and acquire properties for them?

Invest more seriously in education, trainings and retrainings, skills acquisitions, oversea trainings, empowerment, these are what add real values to peoples live. Because nigeria lack these, that is why almost every sector is manned by unfit people who is no qualified enough to handle the position. When people have skills, empowered adequately financially, they add serious values at any level, make money for themselves and afford basic needs, food, clothings and shelter. They become more happy, live better and become productive.

Roads and flyovers dont make people happy, productive, or live better. Built only those things, then expect foreigners to come take over and you become slaves in your country.

Those ones follow oo but secondary, without human capital developement, the other development wont be usefull.
Re: The Beauty Of Southern Nigeria Shocked Me! (video) by GeneralDae: 11:10am On Mar 12, 2022
OChimex:

If you arent an Economist, you will never understand human capital development. It is so broad, but this is the pillar of every great country in the world. I will explain in a layman's understanding.

"What is the best for your kids, is it to give them good home and moral trainings and instill discipline, integrity, hardwork, send them to school to get adequate knowledge; or avoid letting them get these trainings and just buy them cars, build them mansions and acquire properties for them?

Invest more seriously in education, trainings and retrainings, skills acquisitions, oversea trainings, empowerment, these are what add real values to peoples live. Because nigeria lack these, that is why almost every sector is manned by unfit people who is no qualified enough to handle the position. When people have skills, empowered adequately financially, they add serious values at any level, make money for themselves and afford basic needs, food, clothings and shelter. They become more happy, live better and become productive.

Roads and flyovers dont make people happy, productive, or live better. Built only those things, then expect foreigners to come take over and you become slaves in your country.

Those ones follow oo but secondary, without human capital developement, the other development wont be usefull.
Okay let's be more practical here. Put yourself in the shoes of the Government who has maximum 8 years to be in power. There are no good roads, electric power is nothing to write home about, no rails to effectively transport cargoes, airports are embarrassing etc. On the other hand, you have a population with many illiterates who lack skills. What do you do?

This is what I'll do:

Training people would take years and so that's a long term goal, so I would set up structures for such trainings as much as I can, but in my 8 years I can't leave the infrastructure dilapidated. I would focus on infrastructure because:

1) When completed, the rails would create jobs in future for my people. The need to learn rail maintenance would arise and people would be employed as trainees.

2) I would focus on boosting electric power before training people because power would revive a lot of businesses including small scale businesses which would create jobs for poor people.

3) I would build roads and bridges to connect rural areas because all these would eventually bring development.

4) I would build things like the AKK gas pipeline. Now imagine if Jonathan or Obasanjo built such things on time, we would be supplying gas to Europe today.

5) I would build the ports because part of the reason for the delay in Dangote refinery today and the increase in costs is because there were no deep ports to convey large Equipments and there was very poor infrastructure on ground. No existing Subsea gas pipeline or connecting rails, in addition no power for the industrial facilities. Now such projects (the Dangote refinery) wouldn't take so much time in a country like South Africa.

No matter how you look at it, infrastructure reigns supreme. It is primary and number one,then investments in vocational training is number two. Private sectors on ground can also invest in vocational training. Government already made tertiary education cheap and this is why we have so many doctors sought out by the West and Saudi Arabia, but what have we benefited? We haven't benefited much because we did not also invest in quality Healthcare facilities. We need more Healthcare infrastructures to prevent people from running to India for some complex stuff.

In summary, you can't beat infrastructure. As the biggest economy in Africa, it is a shame to me that our infrastructure is not yet where it should be. Rather than focus on mirage vocational training (which can be done by the side and in several ways), Government must start with building what we don't have and putting things on ground first such as pipeborne water, good roads, rails, ports, bridges, flyovers, and electricity. When these things are on ground, the educated people we have would make use of them and have room to employ new interns or educate more people in turn.
Note that we already have many educated people in UK, U.S, and Germany, who more than anything else may be inspired to think of establishing stuff in Naija when the infrastructures are already in place.

1 Like

Re: The Beauty Of Southern Nigeria Shocked Me! (video) by Broveens42(m): 11:46am On Mar 12, 2022
GeneralDae:

So how do we go about the human development? Isn't infrastructure a great part of human development? If good roads and power are on ground for everyone, it makes life easier not just for the poor but for investors. When Investors invest, the people get jobs, or what is your idea of human empowerment? Is it to share the money?

Try and understand that guy. Owerri for example has chosen a path; the entertainment /hospitality industry, where people are sure they would profit from. That is why you see beautiful structures being built everyday and even along not so motorable roads. They do their own land scaping, knowing fully well that the roads will be attended to.

Just pour a black substance on this road and you wonder why owerri is beautiful?
It is private businesses talking, not Government.

Re: The Beauty Of Southern Nigeria Shocked Me! (video) by ebufa: 12:21pm On Mar 12, 2022
9182736455O1999:

Wetin you gain now.
you're just showing the world how foolish you are

Ijaws are backstabbers!
Re: The Beauty Of Southern Nigeria Shocked Me! (video) by 9182736455O1999(m): 12:31pm On Mar 12, 2022
ebufa:

Ijaws are backstabbers!
how? wetin them do you
Re: The Beauty Of Southern Nigeria Shocked Me! (video) by Transcriber: 2:17pm On Mar 12, 2022
wiseone28:
Una don start with this nonsense comparison.. why not invite the op to ur state to do the same enlightenment other than spoiling the thread with hatred
cheesy
I'm just being honest here. Was anything I said a lie? cheesy
Why did the guy not respond? He knows that's the pure truth. undecided
Re: The Beauty Of Southern Nigeria Shocked Me! (video) by wiseone28: 2:20pm On Mar 12, 2022
Transcriber:
cheesy
I'm just being honest here. Was anything I said a lie? cheesy
Why did the guy not respond? He knows that's the pure truth. undecided
He knows it is baseless engaging you

Re: The Beauty Of Southern Nigeria Shocked Me! (video) by Transcriber: 2:21pm On Mar 12, 2022
wiseone28:
He knows it is baseless engaging you
answer the question oga. Was anything I said a lie?
Re: The Beauty Of Southern Nigeria Shocked Me! (video) by wiseone28: 2:24pm On Mar 12, 2022
Transcriber:
answer the question oga. Was anything I said a lie?
Yes it was
Re: The Beauty Of Southern Nigeria Shocked Me! (video) by Transcriber: 2:26pm On Mar 12, 2022
wiseone28:
Yes it was
what part sir? cheesy
Abeg rest. Don't disgrace yourself grin
Re: The Beauty Of Southern Nigeria Shocked Me! (video) by God2man2again(m): 2:39pm On Mar 12, 2022
I was there sometimes ago.

Positive vibes for this country at this critical time when the youth are calling Nigeria Zoo.

So many places in Nigeria that people don't even know.

Traveling is part of knowledge.

God bless you for this information.
Re: The Beauty Of Southern Nigeria Shocked Me! (video) by wiseone28: 4:03pm On Mar 12, 2022
Transcriber:
what part sir? cheesy Abeg rest. Don't disgrace yourself grin
Are you from Lagos?
Re: The Beauty Of Southern Nigeria Shocked Me! (video) by Transcriber: 7:21pm On Mar 12, 2022
wiseone28:
Are you from Lagos?
I would love you to answer my question sir
Re: The Beauty Of Southern Nigeria Shocked Me! (video) by Wealthier: 4:24pm On Mar 13, 2022
Always Ibom is fine, no doubt. But why compare to Lagos?? I was expecting more than just a stadium and beach. What else is there to beat Lagos for??

Lol
Re: The Beauty Of Southern Nigeria Shocked Me! (video) by Ofurepop: 11:08pm On May 30, 2022
TayoAinaFilms:
The Beauty of Southern Nigeria Shocked Me is a Video where I explore Akwa Ibom state in Southern Nigeria in Hopes to Rediscover the Culture, Lifestyle, and people of the City. I boarded a plane to Uyo which is the state capital and stayed in the City for 4 Days. In this video, I explore Uyo Stadium, Green Park and I try out some local delicacies like AFang Soup. This new series involves me sharing my experience across Nigeria in the Hopes or Rediscovering the Lost Beauty and Vibrance of the Country. Do like, watch and Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwHPX95fEf0

Ever since I came across Tayo Aina’s channel on YouTube, I’ve been hooked. His reviews are always a hundred. A lot goes into productions like this. I am also a YouTuber who is struggling to find my feet on the space. I know I’ll get there definitely. I did something Interesting last month, i attended a food festival earlier this month and I was a host for a tech brand too and the event took place on a yacht! I was so excited, I was able to document a bit and this is the link to watch. If you get to like my content, please like, drip a comment and subscribe �

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x320EXcR718
Re: The Beauty Of Southern Nigeria Shocked Me! (video) by TayoAinaFilms(m): 12:12pm On Jul 01, 2022
At least you know me. Drink Water bro grin

Nonybb:
Tayo Aina the YORUBA ILLITERATE WITH THE WORSE ACCENT AND VIDEO DESCRIPTION EVER. THAT BOY IS TOO LOCAL TO BE OF AN INTERNATIONAL VLOGGING REPUTATION OR STANDARD. He literally demarket Nigeria unintentionally all the time by juxtaposing our weak naira to dollar in his video descriptions even to the ridicule and scorn of international audience and lots more
Re: The Beauty Of Southern Nigeria Shocked Me! (video) by GeneralDae: 6:09pm On Jul 01, 2022
TayoAinaFilms:
At least you know me. Drink Water bro grin

You even get time for trolls sef lol. You try.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Muhammadu Buhari International Airport In Ebonyi Constructed By Governor Umahi / Man Trapped In A Sealed Manhole In Lagos, Cries Out For Help (Video) / Reviving The Travel Section With A Destination Story - My Visit To South Korea!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.