Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,300 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

Why Is Engineering So Difficult To Practice In Nigeria - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Is Engineering So Difficult To Practice In Nigeria (15024 Views)

Pharmacy Practice In Nigeria Or Abroad , Tips On Making It A Big Time. / Chinese Employers Sack Nigerian Employees Over Refusal To Practice Buddhism / Major Challenges Facing The Nursing Practice In Nigeria.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Engineering So Difficult To Practice In Nigeria by opera1(m): 1:00pm On Mar 02, 2022
Which of the Engineering in particular?

Whichever way, It's because our mode of teaching is theory based and not practical oriented.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Engineering So Difficult To Practice In Nigeria by Ifebaby16(m): 1:00pm On Mar 02, 2022
I do blogging for a living. If you wish to learn Blogging, I'll teach you one on one

1 Like

Re: Why Is Engineering So Difficult To Practice In Nigeria by treesun: 1:01pm On Mar 02, 2022
bitcoinlord:
I want to ask professionals here, why is engineering so difficult to practice in Nigeria?

People are poor and there is no ethics!

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Engineering So Difficult To Practice In Nigeria by 9jagovernor: 1:01pm On Mar 02, 2022
We no get the tools here

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Engineering So Difficult To Practice In Nigeria by Babaibe: 1:03pm On Mar 02, 2022
Just try to have a skill combined with the degree. I am sure the sky will be your starting point. The University lacks so much in this and the siwes in plainly rubbish. Try to gather skills from those who know and never be arrogant while learning to get the best out of your teacher who may not be as educated as you are. If we can close this interface, I am very sure many Engineers will stop teaching physics and technical drawing in schools. A phase I have passed through myself.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Engineering So Difficult To Practice In Nigeria by benalvino3: 1:04pm On Mar 02, 2022
Because we don't practice applied mechanics or mathematics.
most Nigerians here go to school and copy their way out of school.
most go to school and study the Formula and Equations but have no clue when and where to use it.

we dont know how to think out of the box because our university professors dont collab with students tio brainstorm and tackle problem.
we are just too lazy to stress our brains to expand what we have learnt into new discoveries. we don't learn how to do research

1 Like

Re: Why Is Engineering So Difficult To Practice In Nigeria by Josephkabila12: 1:04pm On Mar 02, 2022
It all started from COREN and NSE.

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Engineering So Difficult To Practice In Nigeria by phemmyfour: 1:06pm On Mar 02, 2022
bitcoinlord:
I want to ask professionals here, why is engineering so difficult to practice in Nigeria?
Inadequate facilities and equipment and with time, the knowledge you did not use, you LL lose it
Re: Why Is Engineering So Difficult To Practice In Nigeria by Moneyboyz: 1:06pm On Mar 02, 2022
There are lots of times I have ideas for something, but unavailability of materials, equipments and finance to bring it to fruition kills the dreams.

To forge parts for most of the things I want is almost impossible.
Re: Why Is Engineering So Difficult To Practice In Nigeria by Onlinebar: 1:07pm On Mar 02, 2022
badbreathcure101:
If you think as an engineer you have to land a contract before you can eat then bro you better switch proffession, probably start selling teddy bears lol.. there's alot of things you wouldn't have learnt in school coz even the old lecturers don't know them but in the field those knowledge will make you money.
lol you're sick @teddy bears
Re: Why Is Engineering So Difficult To Practice In Nigeria by Angelfrost(m): 1:08pm On Mar 02, 2022
Wrong Question...

Proper question:

What is easy to practice legitimately and profitably in Nigeria?!!
Re: Why Is Engineering So Difficult To Practice In Nigeria by kennyjam: 1:09pm On Mar 02, 2022
I am following
Re: Why Is Engineering So Difficult To Practice In Nigeria by Mavor: 1:11pm On Mar 02, 2022
Because this country is being run by people who are not qualified.
Re: Why Is Engineering So Difficult To Practice In Nigeria by Tobidarker02: 1:13pm On Mar 02, 2022
Who knows how much doing Nin cost in lagos?
Re: Why Is Engineering So Difficult To Practice In Nigeria by thundafire: 1:15pm On Mar 02, 2022
Because many engineer graduate can even repair car or the barely engage in practical classes
Re: Why Is Engineering So Difficult To Practice In Nigeria by Richy4(m): 1:16pm On Mar 02, 2022
Those days, since some of them were good with mathematics, They felt the bank is a quicker option for career advancement .... Some battled it out with those that studied Banking and Finance in aptitude test... When some of them got hired in the bank, they just got carried away and forget totally what they studied smiley....
Re: Why Is Engineering So Difficult To Practice In Nigeria by Unizikbuynasell: 1:16pm On Mar 02, 2022
I guess its because of the sadists lecturers we have in various institutions in Nigeria.
Re: Why Is Engineering So Difficult To Practice In Nigeria by abobote: 1:19pm On Mar 02, 2022
Even to it too, when I joined SUG with chemical engineering, body tell me
Re: Why Is Engineering So Difficult To Practice In Nigeria by MeghaneMorgane(f): 1:19pm On Mar 02, 2022
Many people who call themselves Engineers in Nigeria are technicians
Re: Why Is Engineering So Difficult To Practice In Nigeria by Shaev7(m): 1:20pm On Mar 02, 2022
My brother you can ask that again ooo.
Re: Why Is Engineering So Difficult To Practice In Nigeria by merits(m): 1:24pm On Mar 02, 2022
Because our leaders are not technocrat.
Re: Why Is Engineering So Difficult To Practice In Nigeria by being(m): 1:25pm On Mar 02, 2022
Because the engineering opportunities are not there!! We are not industrialized... we import almost all of our manufactured items.
That's why the area where you have some opportunities is civil engineering. Because we build things and can't be flying in an expatriate for that. Some people think it's because engrs are not taught well- it's not. If the opportunities are there, d industry will demand applicable education. Like in Medicine, the lecturers don't joke with it.. same with Law because d industry has placed a demand on d academia

Dont box yourself to engineering. Find the opportunities available around you and choose which you like best and go for it.

bitcoinlord:

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Engineering So Difficult To Practice In Nigeria by nelszx: 1:28pm On Mar 02, 2022
Simple answer: COREN
Re: Why Is Engineering So Difficult To Practice In Nigeria by streetsoldier1(m): 1:28pm On Mar 02, 2022
bitcoinlord:

Nigeria is so disorganized and so many things are unregulated. Imagine ordinary Bene republic, you cant just carry tools that you want to work nah. even bricklayer will have to go through a regulated trainning similary to City and guilds of London before they are allowed to work. Thatz why their artisans are way better, more organized and even cheaper than Nigerian.
Any untraind mofos will dress up and claim to be car mechanic and cause car owners untold hardship because no one is regulating that.
Lets to go quality of matetials... no one sanctions what and what comes in and quality of materials (S.O.N) is sleeping. Imagine i buy a PVC pipe standard lenght used to be 12 feet long, now its barely 8 feet long and far less quality... so everything jagajaga... it makes engineering practice difficult cos any mofos can just come out and claim to be one.
Summary... no regulatory body to check.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Engineering So Difficult To Practice In Nigeria by PointZerom: 1:28pm On Mar 02, 2022
bitcoinlord:

What type of engineering pls be specific.
Re: Why Is Engineering So Difficult To Practice In Nigeria by Jidegaf(m): 1:28pm On Mar 02, 2022
The major issue is that God did not send African with Engineering knowledge .I can explain
2.You have refused to teach science in your mother language for instance China,India did and they are better off.
Re: Why Is Engineering So Difficult To Practice In Nigeria by stonemasonn: 1:29pm On Mar 02, 2022
Application is the problem.
Re: Why Is Engineering So Difficult To Practice In Nigeria by Shimran(m): 1:31pm On Mar 02, 2022
franchasng:
Lol.

Because everything is difficult in Nigeria.

To pass waec na war.

To get good jamb score na another war.

To finally get admission to study your desired course na 1st world War.

To graduate with a good result from Nigerian higher institution is another Vietnam War.

To get mobilized for NYSC is like journey to Jupiter.

After you pass out from NYSC, to secure a job is like world War ii.

You secure a job, to get promotion is like deflowering a 50 year old virgin woman.

To find a spouse to marry to start a family in Nigeria is another round of Rwandan genocide cheesy

You finally get married, to give birth na covid-19 shocked
grin grin grin
Re: Why Is Engineering So Difficult To Practice In Nigeria by jaxxy(m): 1:32pm On Mar 02, 2022
No infrastructure and current technical frameworks or useful research. Everything is obsolete and engineering is about improving and updating and technological advancements.

We talk more and do less in Nigeria. Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Increment Of Workers Salary Will Reduce Corruption – NLC / Anambra FRSC Recalls Officials Caught Sleeping On Duty / 6 Things You Can Do To Ensure Your Day Is Productive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.