Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,947 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:47 AM

Mexico Refuses To Sanction Russia, Welcomes Russian Commercial Planes - Foreign Affairs (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Mexico Refuses To Sanction Russia, Welcomes Russian Commercial Planes (45860 Views)

Zelensky Urges Biden Not To Sanction Russian Oligarch, Roman Abramovich / Over 400 Planes Of World Leaders, Dignitaries Landed In Glasgow For COP26(Pics) / US Military Disabled Scores Of Planes Before Leaving Kabul Airport (Video Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mexico Refuses To Sanction Russia, Welcomes Russian Commercial Planes by pargelenis(m): 4:08pm On Mar 02, 2022
prettyboi1:
When the US & West refused to sell military weapons & hardware to Goodluck Jonathan's regime to fight boko haram cos of Nigeria's refusal to legalize homosexual relations, who sold Nigeria weapons; guns, tanks, helicopters etc? Russia! So, you see? Nigeria should have stayed neutral cos we can benefit from both sides but we have dumb people who lead us & have absolutely no sense or vision.
Who has given you more economic aid? USA or Russia?
Where do Nigerians typically go to (tourism or immigration) USA or Russia?
There is nothing wrong in taking a stand for humanity. This is one of the very few good things Buhari has done.
PS: You can give Nigeria all the arms but unless the government/top military brass really want to defeat Boko Haram, nothing can be done.
Re: Mexico Refuses To Sanction Russia, Welcomes Russian Commercial Planes by prettyboi1(m): 4:13pm On Mar 02, 2022
Kelvin3476:
U ARE THE IGNORANCE ONE HERE.

Have you Googled it yet or your ignorant ego is still getting in the way?
Re: Mexico Refuses To Sanction Russia, Welcomes Russian Commercial Planes by Kelvin3476: 4:41pm On Mar 02, 2022
prettyboi1:

U ARE THE ONE TO MAKE USE OF GOOGLE
Re: Mexico Refuses To Sanction Russia, Welcomes Russian Commercial Planes by prettyboi1(m): 4:45pm On Mar 02, 2022
Kelvin3476:
U ARE THE ONE TO MAKE USE OF GOOGLE

I see your ego is getting in the way. There's no shame in accepting & curing your ignorance tho. Best wishes bro. ✌️
Re: Mexico Refuses To Sanction Russia, Welcomes Russian Commercial Planes by Kelvin3476: 6:04pm On Mar 02, 2022
prettyboi1:

na u wey ur ego the stop 4rm undastanding what i wrote and the truth in it
Re: Mexico Refuses To Sanction Russia, Welcomes Russian Commercial Planes by goodheart01: 6:12pm On Mar 02, 2022
Oneloveyo:

The capital of Texas today is Austin and not Houston. I think Houston was former capital.

Yeah you're right.
Re: Mexico Refuses To Sanction Russia, Welcomes Russian Commercial Planes by emmaodet: 7:00pm On Mar 02, 2022
pansophist:

Nigeria can't afford to remain neutral. Since China have refused to give us loan, we've returned back to the west both for debt forgiveness and to get new loans. If Nigeria didn't pick a side with them, then consider our debt request as good as impossible. For the west, everything is a leverage, no free lunch. Also the USA don't like fighting alone, they like to rally everyone. This strategy kind of hide their intention, so it would seems like its the whole world against it not only them.

Remember that Onyeama refused to comment on the issue before, but I guess they have been under pressure to do so, which they have no choice but to support the west afterall, we have little to no trade with Russia. That's the price one pay for not being truly independent. And by independence, I'm not referring to "de jure", but "de facto" independence and sadly, in our modern world, only China, and Russia are truly independent in the truest sense of the word.

At bolded 1: what a shame for a country like nigeria with our hands and neck far deep inloans to mess us up.

At bolded 2 - i noticed this pattern about US too. Why can't they fight alone? why hiding under UN, NATO etc to fight a single country?
Why do they want to split Russia and China more into smaller pieces again? what is it with them for God sake? i just hate them for dipping their dirty hands in all countries politics.

1 Like

Re: Mexico Refuses To Sanction Russia, Welcomes Russian Commercial Planes by Kelvin3476: 9:06pm On Mar 02, 2022
prettyboi1:

I see your ego is getting in the way. There's no shame in accepting & curing your ignorance tho. Best wishes bro. ✌️
GOOD NIGHT AS UR U FAIL TO UNDERSTAND A SIMPLE WRITE UP. NA JUST TO CLAIM BEEN LEARNED WITH NTHNG UPSTAIR. DNT QUOTE ME AGAIN
Re: Mexico Refuses To Sanction Russia, Welcomes Russian Commercial Planes by WoundedLamb: 7:56am On Mar 03, 2022
Misterdhee1:

LOL, bla bla bla. You obviously don't know jack. Stop listening to CNN in your cave from Nigeria and go out to understand the background to what is happening. If Zelensky didn't violate Ukraine's part of the agreement which the two countries had earlier signed Putin would never have stroke. NATO's sudden supply of Missiles and weaponry on the back of the violation only made matters worse. I don't have the time to school you because you sound like someone who's arrogant yet empty.

Hehe... OK, bro. I think I'd better reply those who seem to have some idea about the subject.

Enjoy yourself, man! cheesy
Re: Mexico Refuses To Sanction Russia, Welcomes Russian Commercial Planes by WoundedLamb: 8:09am On Mar 03, 2022
sulaak:

No offence taken, Nairaland is a hobby and not part of my productive life, but despite the poor and unreadable grammar as you so stated, you have provided a substantial response..thank you

My response ....

Russia, the UK, France and USA were all signatories to the Budapest Memorandum and it was an assurance to Ukraine and not a guarantee that Ukraine will be protected. There was no binding defence agreement like the NATO alliance.

Russia's security and economic interest are both at stake, that's why Russia invaded Ukraine. The utube podcast provides a further illustration on the subject.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If61baWF4GE&t=455s&ab_channel=RealLifeLore

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budapest_Memorandum_on_Security_Assurances#:~:text=The%20Budapest%20Memorandum%20was%20negotiated,military%20assistance%20on%20its%20parties.

By saying it's an assurance and not a guarantee, you're saying it's a promise that Russia was/is not obliged to keep. Well, that's probably true and that explains why there was no penalty. But the fact remains that they broke that promise and for that reason, lost Ukraine's trust. Ukraine is probably regretting giving up thier nuclear weapons cause it's as if that was for nothing (though there were other reasons). At this point, I don't think Ukraine would want anything other than a guarantee (thanks for the word) that Russia will respect thier sovereign going forward. Seeing that Russia has no problem with breaking promises and judging by the Donbas issue, NATO is no longer just a want for Ukraine but more of a need. Under normal circumstances, we should be discussing the peculiarities of this issue and possible exit solutions, but sadly, people are so interested in seeing the West fail that they don't really care about the plight of Ukrainians.

Thanks for the first paragraph. I was worried you'd kick my as.s. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Fact Check: Did Queen Elizabeth II Throw Food To African Kids In Viral Video? / BREAKING!!..Trump Pulls Out Of Nuclear Deal With Iran / Japan’s Princess Mako Marries Kei Komuro, 'Commoner' Husband. Ditches Royalty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.