Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,800 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:30 PM

Visa, Mastercard Block Russian Banks From Network - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Visa, Mastercard Block Russian Banks From Network (20615 Views)

JUST IN: Russian Banks Switch To China's Unionpay After Visa, Mastercard Snub / Germany, Allies Have Taken Decision To Cut Some Russian Banks From SWIFT / Ukrainian ‘tank Man’ Trying To Block Russian Military Convoy (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Visa, Mastercard Block Russian Banks From Network by Nobody: 3:41pm On Mar 02, 2022
KingEverest:
grin the backlash is epic at the end it's innocent Russians that would suffer most, so the question now is can they put enough pressure on their government?

Their suffering now cannot be compared to if they choose to relax and allow their enemies attack them through the NATO agenda. It's a smart move by Russia.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Visa, Mastercard Block Russian Banks From Network by KingEverest: 3:43pm On Mar 02, 2022
Blablamalala:

Their suffering now cannot be compared to if they choose to relax and allow their enemies attack them through the NATO agenda. It's a smart move by Russia.
Ok na only time will tell
Re: Visa, Mastercard Block Russian Banks From Network by Feggie3: 3:46pm On Mar 02, 2022
Yeyeoldman:
Ironically Putin is fighting to Free us all. It's a shame most people cannot even see how this is good for the rest of the world. We are just now seeing and being able to internalize the amount of power this western nations are wielding. Now If you have common sense by now you would have known that such powers in the hand of a race or a group of people is dangerous.

This is the beginning of the End and the birthing of a new world order. China and the rest of the world can now see clearly what these people are capable of and of course an alternative mechanism for Financial and general banking have to be created right away. This monopoly is over. Things will never remain the same again.

In all of this, what surprises me the most is African leaders taking side with US/NATO. Can't our leaders just have sense for once? What is wrong with Neutrality in matters like this?

So because of this you want to side with a man who threatened the whole world with nukes? Just look at your sense of reasoning. You are an indeed a senseless, demented yeye old man!
Re: Visa, Mastercard Block Russian Banks From Network by Imbecilicsamuel: 3:50pm On Mar 02, 2022
BeanmanXrobber:
[s]abeg u get proof to show say the bastard na woman and u get the real moniker? Because the bastard dey fear to mention me with him real account. Them don know say creating akants no be issue for me na. I can create 1000000 without issues[/s] grin cheesy

You have the lowest IQ ever.

And your memory is poor to sh1ts. grin

C0k sucker.
Re: Visa, Mastercard Block Russian Banks From Network by neuf(m): 3:50pm On Mar 02, 2022
pinkygurl:

Oga I AM BASED IN RUSSIA
I MAKE PURCHASES ON ALIEXPRESS WITH MY MIR ATM CARD FOR GOODS TAGGED IN DOLLARS
Mir is LOCAL TO RUSSIA
SO EVEN IF WESTERN VISA AND MASTERCARD CUT OFF, AND PACK AWAY,
WE CAN STILL MAKE INTERNATIONAL PURCHASES ON GLOBAL SITES from the 14 14 countries ACCEPTING MIR ATM **if things escalate, russian sites will stop accepting VISA ANDMASTRCARD ATMS FOR PAYMENT TO RETALIATE**
P.S. NOBODY CAN CUT OFF MIR COS IT IS BASED IN RUSSIA TO RIVAL AND COMPETE WITH VISA AND MASTERCARD system.

ANYTHING THE VISA AND MASTERCARD CAN DO,,, THE MIR ATM CARD CAN TOO.
JUST THAT THE WESTERN WORLD WANTS TO STAY UNTOP THAT IS WHY WESTERN SITES ACCEPT MOSTLY VISA AND MASTERCARD.
BUT ALIEEXPRESS and OTHERS ACCEPTS MIR ATM REGULATED IN RUSSIA

Read and understand. Do you collect the card from space or is it not issued by a bank?

something so self explanatory and you miss every details.

smh

1 Like

Re: Visa, Mastercard Block Russian Banks From Network by Imbecilicsamuel: 3:53pm On Mar 02, 2022
BeanmanXrobber:
Them don know say creating akants no be issue for me na. I can create 1000000 without issues grin cheesy

You still dey do 'mummy thank you' na.

Can 10000000 monikers put food on your table talk less of your mother's?

1mb£¢1l£. grin
Re: Visa, Mastercard Block Russian Banks From Network by newisd75: 3:54pm On Mar 02, 2022
after this war, china will over take russia as d 2nd powerful nation
Re: Visa, Mastercard Block Russian Banks From Network by Cloud007: 3:55pm On Mar 02, 2022
Wow.. am seeing a template in this economic/ economy war.

The strategy is incredible...like a building blocks. It's tilting towards what I don't know but sure going as envisaged for the powers.

These guys must have ran the simulations for years on how to go nuclear on a country without firing a bullet.

The only trump card Russia has now is going nuclear through military. And am sure the west got surprises too.

Seems the west want to prove that military war is outdated. Am super sure after this conflicts, Major powers would go back to the drawing board and be very intentional about boosting their countries economy defenses.

Hope Nigeria would just learn chaii...

Peace to the world
Re: Visa, Mastercard Block Russian Banks From Network by pinkygurl(f): 3:56pm On Mar 02, 2022
neuf:

Read and understand. Do you collect the card from space or is it not issued by a bank?

something so self explanatory and you miss every details.

smh
Read and understand.HAS BANKING SYSTEM SUDDENLY STOPPED OVER NIGHT IN RUSSIA BECAUSE IT WAS CUT OFF FROM SWIFT? [AND BECAUSE VISA AND MASTERCARD HAVE CUT OFF AND BLOCKED THEM? ARE ALL BANKING ACTIVITIES SUDDENLY STOPPED OVERNIGHT?
Read and understand.Russia has its own national/local banking network accepted in fourteen countries F.O.U.R.T.EEN COUNTRIES.
So Visa and mastercard and western world can go to hell for now
You miss the details.Do you understand how computers work??
Smaller conputers are connected to a main computrr callled a server.
The swift system/network is like a MAIN Server connecting/ACCEPTING smaller networks/ local servers from all the 195 countries in the WHOLE world to ease trade.
The russian local server/network working with mir connects to all the cities and 14 countries which accepts it but to connect with other countries in the world,,, eg usa, not accepting it,
They need to be on swift network/server.
So if swift cuts off, visa payment gateway cuts off, mastercard payment gateway cuts off , communication and feedback with the russian network and servers,,,,
The headlines says it is still being supported by 14 countries.
Meaning computers/servers in those fourteen countries are still communicating with the local computers/servers in russiAn network and accepting its mir payment gateway
P.S COMMUNICATION ON THE NETWORK IS ONLY 100% CRIPPLED; ON THE DAY THE FOURTEEN COUNTRIES ACCEPTING THE MIR FROM ITS SERVERS IN RUSSIA, DECIDE TO BLOCK THE MIR NETWORK.
IT IS A LOCAL NETWORK THAT BEFORE THE CRISES, its SERVER WAS CONNECTED TO SERVERS IN MORE THAN 14 COUNTRIES
Re: Visa, Mastercard Block Russian Banks From Network by zoedew: 4:01pm On Mar 02, 2022
WibusJaga:

This Putin should know he is a mere mortal &not Superman. He'd better humble himself &learn from history.
See Saddam Nussein and Ghaddafi messed up!
Re: Visa, Mastercard Block Russian Banks From Network by Imbecilicsamuel: 4:05pm On Mar 02, 2022
BeanmanXrobber Mods c0k sucker:
I [s]know u are already scared. Just want may MissBKsouI give me your real moniker , na there u go know the difference between satanist and the other people wey u dey troll. I will make sure u quote mods for 2 years nonstop grin[/s]

Bicht make it 10 years. Your ugly unproductive kids can join in the future. You no get work na. I will help you waste your life here. You can take snap shots and talk about it in your family meeting as an achievement. M0nki grin

As long as you haven't invented on single pin in your miserable life before, you are an insignificant piece of sh1t. Let that sink. grin

Re: Visa, Mastercard Block Russian Banks From Network by Lordedifice1: 4:09pm On Mar 02, 2022
Camelot65:
With that, why should anybody take you serious?? Some of you will just sit and be typing things as if you're writing a Bollywood movie script. embarassed embarassed
It's a must for you to counter my comments
You said yours i didn't comment
So mind your business
Re: Visa, Mastercard Block Russian Banks From Network by JOemmy(m): 4:11pm On Mar 02, 2022
Putin really miscalculated before going into this war I don't think he comprehended the magnitude of the sanctions russia will get after the invasion. He has succeeded in ruining the lives of millions of innocent russians.
Re: Visa, Mastercard Block Russian Banks From Network by Ijaya123: 4:12pm On Mar 02, 2022
PencilBox:
I'm not a lover of war. But, where was the world when Israel was bombing Gaza and other nations?

When America was crippling Iran, where was the world?

So Russia is the first?

Does these make the war right in your eyes?
Re: Visa, Mastercard Block Russian Banks From Network by Frankiss44(m): 4:15pm On Mar 02, 2022
Lordedifice1:
All this countries that are sanctioning putin
Putin go just vex send one nuclear bomb to Ukraine and that will be all
So they should leave the sanction alone and have a peace treaty with Putin.
They are just stirring up the beast in him

They say you guys sound on this page is disgusting.. Na only Putin get nukes? Do u know how many nukes are facing Russia at a shorter distance as we speak? That he is mad doesn't mean he has the monopoly of madness oh
Re: Visa, Mastercard Block Russian Banks From Network by Camelot65: 4:16pm On Mar 02, 2022
Lordedifice1:

It's a must for you to counter my comments
You said yours i didn't comment
So mind your business
LMAO, another one, if you don't want your post countered, then get if off public space.
Re: Visa, Mastercard Block Russian Banks From Network by Nobody: 4:20pm On Mar 02, 2022
There is a court called the International Court of Justice ICJ. This court is suppose to try war criminals. Do you know that so far only African leaders and leaders from weaker nations have been tried at the ICJ? Do you also know that over 1.5 million people died in Iraq invasion. The US president George Bush and Tony Blair of the UK will never be tried for war crime at the ICJ even when it's now a proven fact that the invasion of Iraq was based on a lie that Iraq possessed Weapon of mass destruction. Do you know why? Ask yourself why is president George Bush and Tony Blair not at the ICJ standing trial. Be smart. Don't insult... Educate yourself.

Feggie3:

So because of this you want to side with a man who threatened the whole world with nukes? Just look at your sense of reasoning. You are an indeed a senseless, demented yeye old man!
Re: Visa, Mastercard Block Russian Banks From Network by neuf(m): 4:25pm On Mar 02, 2022
pinkygurl:

Read and understand.HAS BANKING SYSTEM SUDDENLY STOPPED OVER NIGHT IN RUSSIA BECAUSE IT WAS CUT OFF FROM SWIFT? [AND BECAUSE VISA AND MASTERCARD HAVE CUT OFF AND BLOCKED THEM? ARE ALL BANKING ACTIVITIES SUDDENLY STOPPED OVERNIGHT?
Read and understand.Russia has its own national/local banking network accepted in fourteen countries F.O.U.R.T.EEN COUNTRIES.
So Visa and mastercard and western world can go to hell for now
You miss the details.Do you understand how computers work??
Smaller conputers are connected to a main computrr callled a server.
The swift system/network is like a MAIN Server connecting/ACCEPTING smaller networks/ local servers from all the 195 countries in the WHOLE world to ease trade.
The russian local server/network working with mir connects to 14 countries which accepts it but to connect with other countries eg usa, not accepting it,
They need to be on swift network/server.
So if swift cuts off, visa cuts off, mastercard cuts off , communication and feedback with the russian network and servers,,,,
The headlines says it is still being supported by 14 countries.
Meaning computers/servers in those fourteen countries are still communicating with the local computers/servers in russiAn network and accepting its mir.
P.S COMMUNICATION ON THE NETWORK IS ONLY 100% CRIPPLED; ON THE DAY THE FOURTEEN COUNTRIES ACCEPTING THE MIR FROM ITS SERVERS IN RUSSIA, DECIDE TO BLOCK THE MIR NETWORK.
IT IS A LOCAL NETWORK THAT BEFORE THE CRISES, its SERVER WAS CONNECTED TO SERVERS IN MORE THAN 14 COUNTRIES

Russia was not cut off yet, few banks in Russia were disconnected from SWIFT. sberbank that was one of the few just pulled out of Europe.

You talked about converting Ruby to Dollars. That conversation can only be done on the SWIFT network. And it's Bank to Bank. if your bank is disconnected from SWIFT there's no magu magu to convert to dollars whether your card is Mir or not that's not the issue. MiR is just a middle man in the process, it works is to make the transaction faster, cheaper and easier. simple.
How else can one explain something so simple

If you don't know, there's no shame in being wrong. We are all humans. How inferior must you guys life be that a correction in a faceless public forum is seen as a taboo or failure or something.

drink water abeg

1 Like

Re: Visa, Mastercard Block Russian Banks From Network by pinkygurl(f): 4:30pm On Mar 02, 2022
neuf:

Russia was not cut off yet, few banks in Russia were disconnected from SWIFT. sberbank that was one of the few just pulled out of Europe.

If you don't know, there's no shame in being wrong. We are all humans. How inferior must you guys life be that a correction in a faceless public forum is seen as a taboo or failure or something.

drink water abeg

OGA NOR BE FIGHT
Sberbank is there.vtb is there.rossbank is there.
The arguement we are tabling is the guy subtly insinuating/claiming if 14 countries are still on the local.russian network, after swift cuts offf, and mastrrcard and visa shuts off communication with russia servers,,,
The 14 countries are thus automatically cut off and mir card/ payment gateway will cease to work even between russia and 14 countries supporting the mir, thus comnunicating with computrrs/servers on the mir network /payment gateway based in russia
E forget say aliexpress and fourteen countries still dey accept mir and mir servers/network are in russia
Re: Visa, Mastercard Block Russian Banks From Network by tamdun: 4:31pm On Mar 02, 2022
This is the reason they monopolie everything, so they can punish u at will
Re: Visa, Mastercard Block Russian Banks From Network by Aloof: 4:37pm On Mar 02, 2022
HigherEd:
Putin has turned Russia into a pariah state. His only hope is to takeover kyiv as quickly as possible. If he doesn't within a month. Russia's economy would be highly damaged.

If he takes over Kiev, would that evaporate the Sanctions placed on Russia?
Re: Visa, Mastercard Block Russian Banks From Network by pinkygurl(f): 4:38pm On Mar 02, 2022
neuf:

You talked about converting Ruby to Dollars. That conversation can only be done on the SWIFT network. And it's Bank to Bank. if your bank is disconnected from SWIFT there's no magu magu to convert to dollars whether your card is Mir or not that's not the issue. MiR is just a middle man in the process, it works is to make the transaction faster, cheaper and easier. simple.
How else can one explain something so simple

drink water abeg
That CONVERSION CANNOT ONLY BE DONE ON SWIFT.
IT IS DONE VIA ANY COMPETENT PAYMENT GATEWAY VISA OR MASTERCARD OR MIR.
Visa atms for visa payment gateway routed on SWIFT and connected to 195 countries. OR
Mastrrcadd for mastercard payment gateway ROUTED ON SWIFT AND CONNECTED TO 195 COUNTRIES
OR MIR PAYMENT GATEWAY ROUTED TO ONLY 14 COUNTRIES WITHOUT SWIFT
Go school small abeg
Re: Visa, Mastercard Block Russian Banks From Network by neuf(m): 4:38pm On Mar 02, 2022
pinkygurl:

OGA NOR BE FIGHT
Sberbank is there.vtb is there.rossbank is there.
The arguement we are tabling is the guy subtly insinuating/claiming if 14 countries are still on the local.russian network, after swift cuts offf, and mastrrcard and visa shuts off communication with russia servers,,,
The 14 countries are thus automatically cut off and mir card/ payment gateway will cease to work even between russia and 14 countries supporting the mir, thus comnunicating with computrrs/servers on the mir network /payment gateway based in russia

what I was responding to was the person was talking about local currency to dollar conversion. All I said was it's not possible without SWIFT whether MiR is local or not. You can only make dollar conversion on swift network.

you can check my first comment on the issue. that's all I said and he/she was busy writing epistle about 14 countries and what not.

there are other similar networks although none is as big as SWIFT. Ruby to Yuan can be done without SWIFT and few others that may want to accept local to local currency conversion. But what makes SWIFT so powerful and is usually the last resort in economic sanctions is that most countries that you trade with only accept payment in dollars to boost their foreign reserve ans hedge their currency against inflation
Re: Visa, Mastercard Block Russian Banks From Network by pseudonomer: 4:38pm On Mar 02, 2022
seunny4lif:

Third world with big economy at least
Nigerian GDP is twice bigger than that of Pakistan.

Which big economy is that?
Re: Visa, Mastercard Block Russian Banks From Network by neuf(m): 4:41pm On Mar 02, 2022
pinkygurl:

That CONVERSION CANNOT ONLY BE DONE ON SWIFT.
IT IS DONE VIA ANY COMPETENT PAYMENT GATEWAY VISA OR MASTERCARD OR MIR.
Visa atms for visa payment gateway routed on SWIFT and connected to 195 countries. OR
Mastrrcadd for mastercard payment gateway ROUTED ON SWIFT AND CONNECTED TO 195 COUNTRIES
OR MIR PAYMENT GATEWAY ROUTED TO ONLY 14 COUNTRIES WITHOUT SWIFT
Go school small abeg

SMH... Internet there you won't use to help yourself.

There's no way you can convert your currency to dollars with using the SWIFT network.

I hate to dey talk with ignorant people
Re: Visa, Mastercard Block Russian Banks From Network by HigherEd: 4:45pm On Mar 02, 2022
dappydozzy:

This is not a matter of Russia being a pariah state, there are lots of pariah states in the world if you care to know, One of them is Isreal, another is North Korea the list goes on. When a country's national security is threatened, international statutes and conventions. If you are to follow international law, then the entire Isreali Army are war criminals. But there is also a factor that allows pariah states to escape crimes with impunity is when they are either world powers or back by other world powers

Tell me exactly how the Israelis fit into the definition of war criminals
Re: Visa, Mastercard Block Russian Banks From Network by pinkygurl(f): 4:47pm On Mar 02, 2022
tradepunter:

No nation is an island, you need other countries to trade... Even those 14 countries you mentioned will they want a rubble that's value is at an all time low?

People always forget the west created a system for themselves to prosper, others keyed into it because they saw then prospering.

Even china has had similar stuff for years... Economy and money is all about the faith people have in it.

Authoritarians can never truly have true friends because the friends know they can't impose such on their people.

They will only act as friends and pay lip services just as Africa and wider world is doing with china just to get loan.

The west have a system and a way of life and as you can see they won't trade that for anything....

This is the bone of contention
The answer is YES.EVEN WITHOUT SWIFT, OR VISA, OR MASTERCARD,,,
THERE IS STILL MIR AND IT CAN EFFECTIVELY CARRY OUT CURRENCY CONVERSION TO THE DOLLAR OR THE LOCAL CURRENCY OF THOSE 14 COUNTRIES AS AN ALTERNATIVE.
Any country accepts the dollar or its own exclusive national currency.
Therefore any country whether 14 or less still accepting mir card, on the mir network, with servers in russia, will have the rubles automatically connected to their local currency in lieu of the dollar
P.S MIR CARD IS STILL WORKING ON ALIEXPRESS SO TO HELL WITH VISA AND MASTERCARD.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sweden Officially Joins NATO, Ending Decades Of Neutrality / Donald Trump Leaves Hospital After Coronavirus Treatment / Olena Zelenska: Russians Are Killing Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.