Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,841 members, 7,831,721 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k (25631 Views)

POS Operator Returns Cash To FCMB Cashier That Overpaid Him With N100k (photos) / Please Help!!! My Access Bank Just Got Debited, What Should I Do? / My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Emmayorejoice: 3:47pm On Mar 02, 2022
LIVINGICON:
I fee like dashing you my left biceps right now. angry

You have done well and you would be rewarded in due time. angry
Haha. I no need left biceps oh. The prayer is OK for now. Thanks
Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Emmayorejoice: 3:47pm On Mar 02, 2022
babadee1:

God will definitely bless you for your honesty.
Amen
Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by feek07: 3:50pm On Mar 02, 2022
Emmayorejoice:
I needed to withdraw 35k this morning in order to attend to some urgent cash needs and since I didn't want only N1000 notes I decided to enter the banking hall. To avoid issues I arrived before 8 am and was one of the first to be attended to. The cashier paid me with N20k bundle and counted 15k with the counting machine twice and gave me my bundle. I didnt bother to do another count as I saw her use the machine twice. Only for me to get back home and realise I had an extra N32k. I counted and recounted but it was an excess.

Truth be told times could be much better Covid and Buhari did not help matters but as a Christian I know not to keep what is not mine. God knows it could have solved a lot of problems but its best to wait for what is mine so i had to go back to the bank and wait to see the Teller. Looking at her interact with her colleagues one could tell she was not happy.
When it was my turn she asked what kind of transaction I wanted and I just handed her the N32k. The relief and joy on her face could not be hidden. She had already told her colleague beside her that she was short so they both joined in telling me thank you.

As usual some may say I was foolish for returning the money but either a young lady could have lost her job in these terrible times or at least the money would be removed from her salary which is still bad enough.
My only prayer is God should consider this and remember me for good.
you have done well , may God reward you abundantly

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by eteebanky1: 3:51pm On Mar 02, 2022
you did well bro, God bless you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by kunle75(m): 3:53pm On Mar 02, 2022
Emmayorejoice:
I needed to withdraw 35k this morning in order to attend to some urgent cash needs and since I didn't want only N1000 notes I decided to enter the banking hall. To avoid issues I arrived before 8 am and was one of the first to be attended to. The cashier paid me with N20k bundle and counted 15k with the counting machine twice and gave me my bundle. I didnt bother to do another count as I saw her use the machine twice. Only for me to get back home and realise I had an extra N32k. I counted and recounted but it was an excess.

Truth be told times could be much better Covid and Buhari did not help matters but as a Christian I know not to keep what is not mine. God knows it could have solved a lot of problems but its best to wait for what is mine so i had to go back to the bank and wait to see the Teller. Looking at her interact with her colleagues one could tell she was not happy.
When it was my turn she asked what kind of transaction I wanted and I just handed her the N32k. The relief and joy on her face could not be hidden. She had already told her colleague beside her that she was short so they both joined in telling me thank you.

As usual some may say I was foolish for returning the money but either a young lady could have lost her job in these terrible times or at least the money would be removed from her salary which is still bad enough.

You have done the right thing and God shall reward accordingly.
But you might get her sacked with those you put out there, its easy to track and trace this event back to her.
Anyways you just made somebody's day

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Mom007(f): 3:54pm On Mar 02, 2022
onlinestaff2020:
You gawk badly.

You are not sharp.

Do you know that those bankers rip off customers a lot?

They are even the ones that gives out data to their Yahoo boyfriends to scam innocent people.

Now, you have the chance to eat out of the national cake, then you chickened off.

They cannot trace how the N32k got lost even though they find out, there's no evidence to tie you.

You no get mind , abeg.

You be Jew man.

Do you know that if you even ask the lady to give you small thing, she would be the one to snub you?

Don't do favours for women except your fellow men.
You clearly have never worked in a bank as a teller nor do you know anyone who has! Those people are mostly contract staff earning less than 70k and before month ends, they may have shortage which is even more than their salary and they have to pay for it or loose their job. I hope you are jesting with this your comments as I would hate to think we humans have let poverty reduce us to this level of wickedness that you are talking about here!
Dear op, thank you for being your brothers keeper! Stolen 32k is never a breakthrough. Thank you, God will remember you too for good and give you an enduring gift, amen.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by rukyboy(m): 3:55pm On Mar 02, 2022
Emmayorejoice:

Well done!. God bless bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by gr8child(m): 3:55pm On Mar 02, 2022
You are not foolish. God will continue to bless you for doing the right thing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Goldie16(f): 3:55pm On Mar 02, 2022
By putting that receipt here, you just exposed that teller and she could get sacked. Now, it's better you would have kept the money. She'll pay back but learn her lesson and save her job

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Oluwaseun2020(m): 3:57pm On Mar 02, 2022
But you were short charged...don't think she will return it...but anyways God no dey do partial...he will double repay you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by ChybuzzDD(m): 3:58pm On Mar 02, 2022
Emmayorejoice:

You did well, bros.
Don't mind anyone to says the contrary

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Jmichael1(m): 3:59pm On Mar 02, 2022
Nah ur type dey see 10M 4 ground,still carry the money go gv police....
Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Bolsman(m): 3:59pm On Mar 02, 2022
You did the right thing bro. God will surely reward you in a much bigger and better way than you could ever imagine.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Emmerlee(m): 4:00pm On Mar 02, 2022
Kestolove:
U fvckup, big time

No wonder. You zombies have one thing in common undecided
Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by ehis4real1: 4:02pm On Mar 02, 2022
God will definitely reward you for this bro. I know how it feels when you are not balance in your small cubicle. She was lucky her shortage fell in the hands of good person like you. Bravoooooo to you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by seyz91(m): 4:02pm On Mar 02, 2022
cheesy
TheABOMINATION:
Ah, returning money in this Buhari regime? This op no get liver that's why he quickly retuned the money. If you no believe me try transferring N1m to his account, you go see the speed he go take return am.
Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by dalass(f): 4:03pm On Mar 02, 2022
onlinestaff2020:
You gawk badly.

You are not sharp.

They are even the ones that gives out data to their Yahoo boyfriends to scam innocent people.

Now, you have the chance to eat out of the national cake, then you chickened off.

You no get mind , abeg.

You be Jew man.

Do you know that if you even ask the lady to give you small thing, she would be the one to snub you?

You guys are even your fellows enemy. Just yesterday I wanted to withdraw from an ATM and I saw some notes which were right there. Obviously someone forgot to take his cash. I didn't see any security officer in view and I spoke out loud to 2 guys standing by a car and another guy standing alone on call. The guy finished his call and claimed he saw a guy whose card got swallowed by the Machine and like lightning he took the money and ran with claims he could catch the owner grin

Till I finished my transactions, I no see am ooo grin.. he japaed with a fellow guys money. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by seyz91(m): 4:04pm On Mar 02, 2022
It's obvious you didn't read thread before commenting

cheesy

You no well

undecided
silverlinen:
Damn.. your luck don shine brr
Withdraw am ASAP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by treatise: 4:04pm On Mar 02, 2022
Kingosytex:
Have you heard that Rudeboy's track titled "Double Double?" grin

New month blessings are already raining mightily upon your life.
Comrade I wan drink from your grace grin grin

On a serious note, I really appreciate you for returning the money to the cashier, you don't know what you've done for her. Mistakes like this could make one lose his or her job.
I appreciate you once again, na man you be!!!

God bless you richly....Isee.

Say it again
Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by NeoWanZaeed(m): 4:05pm On Mar 02, 2022
Kingosytex:
Have you heard that Rudeboy's track titled "Double Double?" grin

New month blessings are already raining mightily upon your life.
Comrade I wan drink from your grace grin grin

On a serious note, I really appreciate you for returning the money to the cashier, you don't know what you've done for her. Mistakes like this could make one lose his or her job.
I appreciate you once again, na man you be!!!

God bless you richly....Isee.

Thief
Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by EmoleOgala(m): 4:06pm On Mar 02, 2022
If you did this just so God will remembet and bless you then you have failed. E no dey work like that.
Emmayorejoice:

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by TheGiftedOne(m): 4:06pm On Mar 02, 2022
See all these senseless people condemning a brave act of honesty and integrity. I spit on you all. Isaiah 5:20 has cursed you all...

God bless the OP whose conscience has not been destroyed by greed and selfishness. Your reward is inevitably in front. What you Sow you reap.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Edipet(m): 4:06pm On Mar 02, 2022
Jmichael1:
Nah ur type dey see 10M 4 ground,still carry the money go gv police....
wink grin cheesy wink wink shocked cool cool tongue tongue
Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by emmykk(m): 4:06pm On Mar 02, 2022
Emmayorejoice:

You are very foolish to return the money,if it was you that made that mistake you won't get it back.

Now let me shock you I mistakely sent N10,200 as deposit to a wrong firstbank account from my pos. Since on the 22/1/2022 up till now I have not received a refund.

First firstbank told me that is was moniepoint that I 'm an agent to that can lodge the complain.
I contacted moneypoint they did the needful by lodging the complain
They reported back to me that I will get the money if
1 The Customer I mistakely send to have fund in her account.
2.Even if she had fund firstbank have the discretion to return it or not
3. The customer will have to be inform about it.

After waiting for some weeks I contacted both moneypoint and firstbank no reply.

I have to contact CBN,CBN ask for the receipt of the transaction yet did nothing.

I have to move on with my life and count the transaction as lose.

Do you think if I got paid excess from any bank that I operate with this lesson I suffered in the hands of these financial institution inefficiency I should return chichi?

You may be thinking you did the right thing now until you are in the one on the receiving end of these banks.

Again I hate getting money from counter for my business because many times 1 piece of note don't get complete once you get home without counting on the counter.

One day you will have a feel of how these banks will treat you.

But now you failed,you fall hand and a fool
Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by pek(m): 4:10pm On Mar 02, 2022
Please remove the transaction receipt you posted. Her bank might see and you won't know what their mindset will be.
Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by BillionKnights: 4:11pm On Mar 02, 2022
onlinestaff2020:
You gawk badly.

You are not sharp.

They cannot trace how the N32k got lost even though they find out, there's no evidence to tie you.

You no get mind , abeg.

You be Jew man.

A terrible person will always have an excuse to do something terrible

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Karleb(m): 4:11pm On Mar 02, 2022
People here are funny.

Eventually, the cashier would be responsible for the payment not the bank.

You did the right thing.

1 Like

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Cutehector(m): 4:12pm On Mar 02, 2022
Emmayorejoice:

God bless you. I'm a banker and what you have just done now is highly commendable. I live in woji and i'll love to meet you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by charlesdinho7(m): 4:17pm On Mar 02, 2022
MAY GOD BLESS YOU FOR THIS SINGULAR ACT OF TRUTH, AMEN
Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by sugarbeesmith(m): 4:18pm On Mar 02, 2022
silverlinen:
Damn.. your luck don shine brr
Withdraw am ASAP
this one no read the story reach end lol

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Please Help!!! My Access Bank Just Got Debited, What Should I Do? / Shoprite Concludes Sale Of Its Equity Stake (100%) In Its Nigeria Subsidiary / Christmas: Excitement In Cross River As 'abakaliki Rice' Sells For N14,500

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.