Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,157 members, 7,835,864 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k (25635 Views)

POS Operator Returns Cash To FCMB Cashier That Overpaid Him With N100k (photos) / Please Help!!! My Access Bank Just Got Debited, What Should I Do? / My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Emmayorejoice: 4:58pm On Mar 02, 2022
Ulogbo:
I had similar experience, I credited 2.450,000 (two million four hundred and fifty thousand naira) I waited for 6 days to see who credited me and none. My cousin actually deposited 5k in my account to help him buy some medication and the and there was a lady in front of him that brought the 2.450Million. Our account numbers were the same only with a digit differentiating it. We'll to cut the long story shut, I went to the bank and told them, and the reverted the money back. Later the evening the cashier called and thank me, he told me he has been in Police custody. You can imagine his experience

It is good to be good. I'm sure God will not forget you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by showbiz4all27(m): 5:02pm On Mar 02, 2022
You've done the right thing not because of either you're Christian or Muslim but for humanity. Majority of those tellers you see are doing that counter job with heavy burden as their salary is peanut. The teller won't be sacked immediately or the shortage deducte by month end from salary but he must immediately provide the money as account must be balance in the vault before any of them leaves the banking hall that same day.

God will put a smile on your face soon.
I really commend you on this. You're unique and a very good Nigerian.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by vikstandon(m): 5:07pm On Mar 02, 2022
Are you saying you had 67k with you...check well bro
Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by ProfChris10(m): 5:08pm On Mar 02, 2022
God bless you. I would have done same. It's not worth enjoying something at the tears of others. I wonder how people do that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by ipswitch: 5:08pm On Mar 02, 2022
You are very kind. You did us proud on Nairaland. Jah blessings all to you all year long.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Nobody: 5:08pm On Mar 02, 2022
Emmayorejoice:
I needed to withdraw 35k ...

Thank you very much for this. I read thinking you needed advice over whether to return it or not, only to read that you already returned it.

Many people cheat filling station attendants, bank tellers, POS operators, and the likes thinking they're cheating the business without realizing they're actually cheating the employee.

I had a similar experience 7 years ago:

I noticed an extra 1k when the teller counted but didn't mind because I thought I was the one who made the mistake since I wasn't really paying attention. And I didn't find out because I didn't count the money.

I only discovered when I got home and recounted the money, (not to confirm it's complete, but to confirm the teller didn't make a mistake because I kept thinking about it on my way home and didn't want to count the cash in public).

I took a bike to the bank and returned the money as it was almost closing time. The teller was surprised and told his colleagues too. Like you too, he already knew he was shot 1k.

Thank you bro. Those dudes are hustlers like us too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by alabi484(m): 5:10pm On Mar 02, 2022
Emmayorejoice:
I needed to withdraw 35k this morning in order to attend to some urgent cash needs and since I didn't want only N1000 notes I decided to enter the banking hall. To avoid issues I arrived before 8 am and was one of the first to be attended to. The cashier paid me with N20k bundle and counted 15k with the counting machine twice and gave me my bundle. I didnt bother to do another count as I saw her use the machine twice. Only for me to get back home and realise I had an extra N32k. I counted and recounted but it was an excess.

Truth be told times could be much better Covid and Buhari did not help matters but as a Christian I know not to keep what is not mine. God knows it could have solved a lot of problems but its best to wait for what is mine so i had to go back to the bank and wait to see the Teller. Looking at her interact with her colleagues one could tell she was not happy.
When it was my turn she asked what kind of transaction I wanted and I just handed her the N32k. The relief and joy on her face could not be hidden. She had already told her colleague beside her that she was short so they both joined in telling me thank you.

As usual some may say I was foolish for returning the money but either a young lady could have lost her job in these terrible times or at least the money would be removed from her salary which is still bad enough.
My only prayer is God should consider this and remember me for good.

May God bless you abundantly for this and take pain and sorrow far from you.

Out staff mistakenly inputed 4400 on our POS terminal last month for a lady who wanted to withdraw 40,400, the woman never came back....i know how much pain it was to lose 36k in seconds and how our heart never wishes her well wherever she is.

God bless you once again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Nobody: 5:13pm On Mar 02, 2022
When ever u are in difficulty, pray and remind God of this singular act u did on this day. He will surely deliver u.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by mechanics(m): 5:13pm On Mar 02, 2022
You did well, God will reward you for your faithfulness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Ephemmm: 5:16pm On Mar 02, 2022
onlinestaff2020:
You gawk badly.

You are not sharp.

Do you know that those bankers rip off customers a lot?

They are even the ones that gives out data to their Yahoo boyfriends to scam innocent people.

Now, you have the chance to eat out of the national cake, then you chickened off.

You no get mind , abeg.

You be Jew man.

Do you know that if you even ask the lady to give you small thing, she would be the one to snub you?

Don't do favours for women except your fellow men.

Are you aware that the cashier that attended to him would have been personally liable for the repayment to the Bank? In fact, the branch manager should not report shortage to the Head Office.

The money would be withdrawn from the next salary if the occasion demands.

The guy has done well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Percy0006(m): 5:24pm On Mar 02, 2022
If all of us wey dey reply to these guy good deed dash am 1k or 500 naira each he no bad, this guy had the chance to spend the cash but he just saved someone's job.. bro drop your aza i go drop my own 1k asap

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Nobody: 5:25pm On Mar 02, 2022
onlinestaff2020:
You gawk badly.

You are not sharp.

They are even the ones that gives out data to their Yahoo boyfriends to scam innocent people.

Now, you have the chance to eat out of the national cake, then you chickened off.

They cannot trace how the N32k got lost even though they find out, there's no evidence to tie you.

You no get mind , abeg.

You be Jew man.

Do you know that if you even ask the lady to give you small thing, she would be the one to snub you?

Facts
Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Berryli: 5:25pm On Mar 02, 2022
Surely your reward will come. God bless your knd heart. I can imagine the struggle in your head before deciding to return it but there is always this joy and peace that accompany's good deeds

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Zukky123(m): 5:29pm On Mar 02, 2022
May God reward you for doing what's right. But talk true, if na 32 million, u for return am? �
Emmayorejoice:
I needed to withdraw 35k this morning in order to attend to some urgent cash needs and since I didn't want only N1000 notes I decided to enter the banking hall. To avoid issues I arrived before 8 am and was one of the first to be attended to. The cashier paid me with N20k bundle and counted 15k with the counting machine twice and gave me my bundle. I didnt bother to do another count as I saw her use the machine twice. Only for me to get back home and realise I had an extra N32k. I counted and recounted but it was an excess.

Truth be told times could be much better Covid and Buhari did not help matters but as a Christian I know not to keep what is not mine. God knows it could have solved a lot of problems but its best to wait for what is mine so i had to go back to the bank and wait to see the Teller. Looking at her interact with her colleagues one could tell she was not happy.
When it was my turn she asked what kind of transaction I wanted and I just handed her the N32k. The relief and joy on her face could not be hidden. She had already told her colleague beside her that she was short so they both joined in telling me thank you.

As usual some may say I was foolish for returning the money but either a young lady could have lost her job in these terrible times or at least the money would be removed from her salary which is still bad enough.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by piscesgem(m): 5:29pm On Mar 02, 2022
Emmayorejoice:

You are not a Mumu man, you are not dull... You are a human being with blood of humanity flowing in you, you have done noble, and I appreciate you, keep doing this. I do this all the time from food vendors over giving change, to bank tellers over paying, to bus conductors/drivers over giving change any time I use public bus, to even market women.

Keep doing good, you are blessed comrade

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Emmayorejoice: 5:30pm On Mar 02, 2022
vikstandon:
Are you saying you had 67k with you...check well bro
Yes. I counted several times and had to return the surplus
Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Gamusgamus: 5:31pm On Mar 02, 2022
Emmayorejoice:

YOUR BLESSED

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Emmayorejoice: 5:31pm On Mar 02, 2022
Zukky123:
May God reward you for doing what's right. But talk true, if na 32 million, u for return am? �
As a Christian I MUST return it ohhhh.
I will pray for my own blessings that comes with Peace of Mind

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Emmayorejoice: 5:32pm On Mar 02, 2022
Gamusgamus:

YOUR BLESSED
Amen
Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Emmayorejoice: 5:35pm On Mar 02, 2022
Shoodboi:

Thank you very much for this. I read thinking you needed advice over whether to return it or not, only to read that you already returned it.

Many people cheat filling station attendants, bank tellers, POS operators, and the likes thinking they're cheating the business without realizing they're actually cheating the employee.

I had a similar experience 7 years ago:

I noticed an extra 1k when the teller counted but didn't mind because I thought I was the one who made the mistake since I wasn't really paying attention. And I didn't find out because I didn't count the money.

I only discovered when I got home and recounted the money, (not to confirm it's complete, but to confirm the teller didn't make a mistake because I kept thinking about it on my way home and didn't want to count the cash in public).

I took a bike to the bank and returned the money as it was almost closing time. The teller was surprised and told his colleagues too. Like you too, he already knew he was shot 1k.

Thank you bro. Those dudes are hustlers like us too.
Keep doing good. God will not forsake you Gal 6 v 9

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Onyiiobi7735(m): 5:37pm On Mar 02, 2022
Kingosytex:
Have you heard that Rudeboy's track titled "Double Double?" grin

New month blessings are already raining mightily upon your life.
Comrade I wan drink from your grace grin grin

On a serious note, I really appreciate you for returning the money to the cashier, you don't know what you've done for her. Mistakes like this could make one lose his or her job.
I appreciate you once again, na man you be!!!

God bless you richly....Isee.
Amen oo! He did what many couldn't do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Worksunlimited: 5:38pm On Mar 02, 2022
Emmayorejoice:

Should we tell him?
Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Laideabdulahi: 5:39pm On Mar 02, 2022
onlinestaff2020:
You gawk badly.

You are not sharp.

You no get mind , abeg.

You be Jew man.

The tellers, bulk cash officers and transaction officers are not the ones ripping people. Go to the head office of everybank and see the people ripping.

Don't make the poor girl lose her job becos of 32k.
32k na national cake?
Na wa oo

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Emmayorejoice: 5:43pm On Mar 02, 2022
Berryli:
Surely your reward will come. God bless your knd heart. I can imagine the struggle in your head before deciding to return it but there is always this joy and peace that accompany's good deeds
That I would return it was never in question. Its only just a bit painful when you know you have needs that the money can solve
Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by tobianodino(m): 5:48pm On Mar 02, 2022
Delete the post
She might lose her job still
Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Onyeziokwu(m): 5:55pm On Mar 02, 2022
Emmayorejoice:

I am glad we still have men with conscience left in naija, irrespective of the hardship we've been subjected by our clueless President and crew.

May the good Lord continue to bless you my brother.

Drop your account details please make I at least give you 1k for your trans in returning the money.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Olam09(m): 6:03pm On Mar 02, 2022
Emmayorejoice:

I'll do that also if i was overpaid.. Honesty is the best policy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Bobloco: 6:07pm On Mar 02, 2022
Ogbeni you did well in returning the money cos the teller didn't balance

Inshort the teller was in the state of sober and gnashing of teeth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Emmayorejoice: 6:15pm On Mar 02, 2022
Bobloco:
Ogbeni you did well in returning the money cos the teller didn't balance

Inshort the teller was in the state of sober and gnashing of teeth
Yes oh. Seeing her from afar she was so downcast
Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Emmayorejoice: 6:16pm On Mar 02, 2022
Onyeziokwu:

I am glad we still have men with conscience left in naija, irrespective of the hardship we've been subjected by our clueless President and crew.

May the good Lord continue to bless you my brother.

Drop your account details please make I at least give you 1k for your trans in returning the money.
Thank you so much for the gesture. May your pocket never run dry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Nobody: 6:19pm On Mar 02, 2022
Thank you for returning the money. May God bless you abundantly !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by ceejay80s(m): 6:26pm On Mar 02, 2022
Emmayorejoice:

God of Ukraine is with u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Shoprite Concludes Sale Of Its Equity Stake (100%) In Its Nigeria Subsidiary / Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? / Please Help!!! My Access Bank Just Got Debited, What Should I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.