Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,075 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k (25610 Views)

POS Operator Returns Cash To FCMB Cashier That Overpaid Him With N100k (photos) / Please Help!!! My Access Bank Just Got Debited, What Should I Do? / My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Emmayorejoice: 8:52pm On Mar 02, 2022
chypotenti:
My Guy you did well!!! Go bless you bro!!
Amen
Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by ambassadorsam(m): 8:58pm On Mar 02, 2022
Can you find a way to send account number?
Let me bless your account @Emmayorejoice.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by managingpartner(f): 9:00pm On Mar 02, 2022
It clearly shows that you don't have the fear of God. This is not how God blesses, the country is messed up of because of people like you.

Please change your mentality in order to move this country forward.

Thank you.

You gawk badly.

You are not sharp.

Do you know that those bankers rip off customers a lot?

They are even the ones that gives out data to their Yahoo boyfriends to scam innocent people.

Now, you have the chance to eat out of the national cake, then you chickened off.

They cannot trace how the N32k got lost even though they find out, there's no evidence to tie you.

You no get mind , abeg.

You be Jew man.

Do you know that if you even ask the lady to give you small thing, she would be the one to snub you?

Don't do favours for women except your fellow men.[/quote]
Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Emmayorejoice: 9:26pm On Mar 02, 2022
ambassadorsam:
Can you find a way to send account number?
Let me bless your account @Emmayorejoice.
I really appreciate the gesture but your prayers would do more.
God bless you abundantly sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by dannex4adx(m): 9:38pm On Mar 02, 2022
Emmayorejoice:
I needed to withdraw 35k this morning in order to attend to some urgent cash needs and since I didn't want only N1000 notes I decided to enter the banking hall. To avoid issues I arrived before 8 am and was one of the first to be attended to. The cashier paid me with N20k bundle and counted 15k with the counting machine twice and gave me my bundle. I didnt bother to do another count as I saw her use the machine twice. Only for me to get back home and realise I had an extra N32k. I counted and recounted but it was an excess.

Truth be told times could be much better Covid and Buhari did not help matters but as a Christian I know not to keep what is not mine. God knows it could have solved a lot of problems but its best to wait for what is mine so i had to go back to the bank and wait to see the Teller. Looking at her interact with her colleagues one could tell she was not happy.
When it was my turn she asked what kind of transaction I wanted and I just handed her the N32k. The relief and joy on her face could not be hidden. She had already told her colleague beside her that she was short so they both joined in telling me thank you.

As usual some may say I was foolish for returning the money but either a young lady could have lost her job in these terrible times or at least the money would be removed from her salary which is still bad enough.
My only prayer is God should consider this and remember me for good.

You do well! God bless you. Don't stop doing good.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Emmayorejoice: 9:44pm On Mar 02, 2022
dannex4adx:

You do well! God bless you. Don't stop doing good.
Amen
Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by ambassadorsam(m): 9:45pm On Mar 02, 2022
[quote author=Emmayorejoice post=110700275]
I really appreciate the gesture but your prayers would do more.

May God bless you richly sir
Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by blackboy(m): 9:50pm On Mar 02, 2022
I happen to know the OP. He happens to be between jobs for many years now after working as an engineer.
Nigeria can be great again.

God bless you real good.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Kingosytex(m): 10:04pm On Mar 02, 2022
Kestolove:
U fvckup, big time

Shey na the 32k go solve all him problems?
Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Emmayorejoice: 10:10pm On Mar 02, 2022
[quote author=ambassadorsam post=110700726][/quote]
Amen
Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Emmayorejoice: 10:11pm On Mar 02, 2022
blackboy:
I happen to know the OP. He happens to be between jobs for many years now after working as an engineer.
Nigeria can be great again.

God bless you real good.
Amen
Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by kingsceemark(m): 10:15pm On Mar 02, 2022
Emmayorejoice:
I needed to withdraw 35k this morning in order to attend to some urgent cash needs and since I didn't want only N1000 notes I decided to enter the banking hall. To avoid issues I arrived before 8 am and was one of the first to be attended to. The cashier paid me with N20k bundle and counted 15k with the counting machine twice and gave me my bundle. I didnt bother to do another count as I saw her use the machine twice. Only for me to get back home and realise I had an extra N32k. I counted and recounted but it was an excess.

Truth be told times could be much better Covid and Buhari did not help matters but as a Christian I know not to keep what is not mine. God knows it could have solved a lot of problems but its best to wait for what is mine so i had to go back to the bank and wait to see the Teller. Looking at her interact with her colleagues one could tell she was not happy.
When it was my turn she asked what kind of transaction I wanted and I just handed her the N32k. The relief and joy on her face could not be hidden. She had already told her colleague beside her that she was short so they both joined in telling me thank you.

As usual some may say I was foolish for returning the money but either a young lady could have lost her job in these terrible times or at least the money would be removed from her salary which is still bad enough.

God bless you my dear friend, your double rewards is ahead of you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by samson1019: 10:54pm On Mar 02, 2022
you've done so wonderfully well, may almighty God reward you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Patomoney(m): 11:03pm On Mar 02, 2022
Emmayorejoice:

God bless n favor u Amen �

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Emmayorejoice: 11:34pm On Mar 02, 2022
kingsceemark:

God bless you my dear friend, your double rewards is ahead of you
Amen
Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Emmayorejoice: 11:34pm On Mar 02, 2022
Patomoney:

God bless n favor u Amen �
Amen
Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Emmayorejoice: 11:35pm On Mar 02, 2022
samson1019:
you've done so wonderfully well, may almighty God reward you.
Amen
Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by nizelgirl(f): 11:42pm On Mar 02, 2022
God bless you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by executive12: 12:58am On Mar 03, 2022
You did the right thing.

1 Like

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by God2man2again(m): 1:41am On Mar 03, 2022
You have done the most honorable thing by returning the cash.

1 Like

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by daniel5711: 4:47am On Mar 03, 2022
nzeobi:
You did well bro and may your own never miss.

Country hard but 32k today won't solve any problem
because of 32k i was asked to park by my landlady.
Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by emmykk(m): 5:37am On Mar 03, 2022
Nigeriahomebiz:

Evil fool.

Justifying evil with cry tales.

Compound Goat see what those you are happy to support are doing..

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has alleged that some staff of A Bank defrauded the bank and its customers of N874 million within three days.

The agency said this, on Wednesday, when it presented witnesses in an ongoing fraud case.

The suspects in the trial are Olusegun Babasola, Abisola Ahmed, Uchechukwu Uma, and Jude Aphaeus, who are staff of the bank,

They are being prosecuted for an alleged N874 million fraud before Justice Oluwatoyin Taiwo of the Special Offences Court sitting in Ikeja, Lagos.

They allegedly played roles in the hacking of the bank’s database and cloning of more than 22 ATM cards used to steal and divert to personal use about N874 million belonging to five corporate customers: American International Insurance Company Limited (AIICO); Interswitch; OVH Energy Marketing Ltd.; Fidelity Bank Sinking Fund Account and FSL Securities Ltd.

They pleaded “not guilty” to the charges, which prompted the ongoing trial.

At Wednesday’s proceedings, Peter Ige, an Information System Auditor with the bank, narrated how his Department had been called upon to investigate the fraud.

Led in evidence by the prosecuting counsel, Nnaemeka Omewa, the witness identified the four staff of the bank in the dock and gave details of the findings of the internal investigation carried out by his team.

“On 15 July, 2019, as a System Auditor, my team was called upon to look at an instant of ATM fraud reported to the Internal Audit and to investigate same.

“We observed that the accounts were linked to a set of ATM cards, with their daily withdrawal limits increased from N150,000 to about N150 million,” he said.

He further told the court that the permitted frequency of withdrawal was also increased, adding that “this was very abnormal; and so, it aided the commission of the fraud.”

Ige also stated that the investigation focused on the members of staff who had authorised privilege and login details to view the accounts of customers and also increase such frequency and limits on withdrawals.

“Normally, there should be a request either from the customer or another department requesting the services.

“In this case, from our investigation conducted, there was no evidence provided by the defendants to go into these accounts,” he said.

He told the court that after the investigation by his department, an activity log was compiled, which formed part of the internal investigation.
Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Berryli: 9:03am On Mar 03, 2022
Emmayorejoice:

That I would return it was never in question. Its only just a bit painful when you know you have needs that the money can solve
exactly 'the struggle' is meant. You'll hear that whisper that you shouldn't cos you have needs that could have been solved. Again it is relieving to know we still have kind souls out their at a time like this. Surely your reward will come

1 Like

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Emmanuel30a: 9:13am On Mar 03, 2022
Why not? Human being would reap everything they sows ... Even after death. Isn't it?
Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Kfed4ril(m): 11:35am On Mar 03, 2022
Kestolove:
U fvckup, big time

Says a Buharist

1 Like

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by ceematics: 12:50pm On Mar 03, 2022
Percy0006:
If all of us wey dey reply to these guy good deed dash am 1k or 500 naira each he no bad, this guy had the chance to spend the cash but he just saved someone's job.. bro drop your aza i go drop my own 1k asap
Split am give me 500 grin na garri I dey drink since yesterday salary never drop

1 Like

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by torqque7(m): 2:31pm On Mar 03, 2022
onlinestaff2020:
You gawk badly.

You are not sharp.

Do you know that those bankers rip off customers a lot?

They are even the ones that gives out data to their Yahoo boyfriends to scam innocent people.

Now, you have the chance to eat out of the national cake, then you chickened off.

You no get mind , abeg.

You be Jew man.

Do you know that if you even ask the lady to give you small thing, she would be the one to snub you?

Don't do favours for women except your fellow men.

It is because of people like this guy that Nigeria is as bad as it is. Just hear this mentality abeg..if everyone decided to steal and cheat how do you think things will be? You must be a very bad human being. Change your ways.

1 Like

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Emmayorejoice: 2:54pm On Mar 03, 2022
Percy0006:
If all of us wey dey reply to these guy good deed dash am 1k or 500 naira each he no bad, this guy had the chance to spend the cash but he just saved someone's job.. bro drop your aza i go drop my own 1k asap
I really appreciate the gesture. Thanks a million. But the prayers are what I need more now. Thanks

1 Like

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by cravingmind: 6:05pm On Mar 03, 2022
Emmayorejoice:

Nice one bro.... You did the right thing. Thank you for relieving her of several thoughts.

1 Like

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Nigeriahomebiz(m): 12:08am On Mar 04, 2022
emmykk:

Compound Goat see what those you are happy to support are doing..

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has alleged that some staff of A Bank defrauded the bank and its customers of N874 million within three days.

The agency said this, on Wednesday, when it presented witnesses in an ongoing fraud case.

The suspects in the trial are Olusegun Babasola, Abisola Ahmed, Uchechukwu Uma, and Jude Aphaeus, who are staff of the bank,

They are being prosecuted for an alleged N874 million fraud before Justice Oluwatoyin Taiwo of the Special Offences Court sitting in Ikeja, Lagos.

They allegedly played roles in the hacking of the bank’s database and cloning of more than 22 ATM cards used to steal and divert to personal use about N874 million belonging to five corporate customers: American International Insurance Company Limited (AIICO); Interswitch; OVH Energy Marketing Ltd.; Fidelity Bank Sinking Fund Account and FSL Securities Ltd.

They pleaded “not guilty” to the charges, which prompted the ongoing trial.

At Wednesday’s proceedings, Peter Ige, an Information System Auditor with the bank, narrated how his Department had been called upon to investigate the fraud.

Led in evidence by the prosecuting counsel, Nnaemeka Omewa, the witness identified the four staff of the bank in the dock and gave details of the findings of the internal investigation carried out by his team.

“On 15 July, 2019, as a System Auditor, my team was called upon to look at an instant of ATM fraud reported to the Internal Audit and to investigate same.

“We observed that the accounts were linked to a set of ATM cards, with their daily withdrawal limits increased from N150,000 to about N150 million,” he said.

He further told the court that the permitted frequency of withdrawal was also increased, adding that “this was very abnormal; and so, it aided the commission of the fraud.”

Ige also stated that the investigation focused on the members of staff who had authorised privilege and login details to view the accounts of customers and also increase such frequency and limits on withdrawals.

“Normally, there should be a request either from the customer or another department requesting the services.

“In this case, from our investigation conducted, there was no evidence provided by the defendants to go into these accounts,” he said.

He told the court that after the investigation by his department, an activity log was compiled, which formed part of the internal investigation.

Dear thief, don't justify your dishonesty.

Anyone who supports stealing under any guise is evil and foolish which is what you are - "Evil Fool"

1 Like

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Solsix(m): 11:50am On Mar 04, 2022
Emmayorejoice:

It was a test and you passed. God tested u and you did not fail him. You will see some huge very soon. No forget me abeg
Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Emmayorejoice: 5:29pm On Mar 04, 2022
Solsix:

It was a test and you passed. God tested u and you did not fail him. You will see some huge very soon. No forget me abeg
Amen. May God give me grace

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Which Bank Is The Most Customer Friendly In Nigeria? / Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? / Shoprite Concludes Sale Of Its Equity Stake (100%) In Its Nigeria Subsidiary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.