Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:23 AM

Women In Abuja Protest Against National Assembly's Misogynistic Agenda (Photos) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Women In Abuja Protest Against National Assembly's Misogynistic Agenda (Photos) (20095 Views)

"Wike, Go Abuja": Protest Erupts In Rivers Over Impeachment Plot On Fubara / Supreme Court Joins Rivers In Buhari’s Suit Against National Assembly / PDP Abuja Protest Ends Abruptly As Members Escape Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women In Abuja Protest Against National Assembly's Misogynistic Agenda (Photos) by Eriokanmi: 6:33pm On Mar 02, 2022
SmartyPants:

Your argument does not address the points I raised.

If you assert that women are the majority, then all it takes is for a woman to run for senate, and all the women in her constituency to vote for her. No one, court or not will stand in thier way. The reality is that Nigerian women are highly apathetic about politics. That's all.

Now looking at the points you raised, you know these arguments don't hold any water:

1. I'm not abreast of the first case you mentioned but you should see visibly that such an argument is untenable. Was Ihedioha removed because he was a woman?

2. The rift between Dabiri and Pantami was just a disagreement between colleagues. I'm wondering whether you have any evidence of there being an ulterior gender-based motive behind Pantami's actions? More importantly, how does that amount to blocking her from participating in politics? This Dabiri was already a minister, appointed by Buhari (a man to the best of our knowledge), can it be sincerely said that she was blocked from participating in politics??

3. Similarly, Pantami blocking some Tinubu from shaking the president is down to the fact that he and the president share the same religious belief where men don't shake women. How does that in reality translate to deprivation of political participation? After all the same Remi Tinubu is a senator, ironically showing that women can, and do make it to political office when they follow the same methods as men.

Even at the university level, do women show interest in student politics? Let's stop this dishonest politics of sentiment.

I never asserted that women outnumbered men, I'm just hearing you say this. I said the population of women to men is almost the same( almost half of the population). Its not me who came up with this data this, its the FG through the federal bureau of statistics.

Now, my point is, women aren't given their voice in political setting and public appointment like we men. Political counterbalance in the system ought to be maintained by giving them a good percentage
even if its that 30, not bad . Ihedioha's case was affirmed by the same supreme Court where Olubunmi Etteh also took her case to so, this still affirms my position in this matter. She was removed because she's a woman.

We don't need a religious bigot in Nigeria and I hope things would change from 2023 onwards. Its unfair for any leader in a secular Nigeria to disseminate against a gender on the grounds of religious belief. A minister or president is seen as a leader over both male and female and the office they keep. Ours is a secular state.

Had Lar's daughter not been so influential, she'd not have been in NA cos men wouldn't ha e allowed her. Similarly, some female law makers in the north would have been booted out at the preliminary stages. Just check their background. The discrimination faced by women in this country especially on the account of religion is bizarre. Tanko, the current CJN isn't supposed to be there in the diest place. He had a senior, a woman judge. You and I knew what happened in the end. We don't need to pretend as if we're oblivious of the happenings in our political setting. Women should be given a chance to participate in politics without being intimidated. They should be encouraged. Enough said
Re: Women In Abuja Protest Against National Assembly's Misogynistic Agenda (Photos) by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 6:37pm On Mar 02, 2022
justuschi50:
I am not against women right but worth am against is women trying to have the same right as men. They want this same right but not the same responsibility as men or the same men work. If I am Buhari I will give them their right and impose the same responsibility men does. I will withdraw half of the men fighting boko haram and replace it with women. Make all job hard or soft equal to all gender. Therefore if men dey carry 10 bag of cement, women go carry the same. If men dey dig dig 10 feet septic tank women go do same . All hard job men does women must have equal opportunity to do it.
Abi

Exactly

1 Like

Re: Women In Abuja Protest Against National Assembly's Misogynistic Agenda (Photos) by Gamesmart: 6:37pm On Mar 02, 2022
na2016:
These women are silly and should be arrested. In fact, the sponsor of those bills should be investigated. How can women ask for the creation of one extra senatorial district per state just to cater for their needs? Have they forgotten how difficult it is for the nation to fund the current NASS as it is, talk of increasing it?

Feminism is a selfish movement and ideology.

Feminists don't care about you or your costs; they just care about getting an advantage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Women In Abuja Protest Against National Assembly's Misogynistic Agenda (Photos) by JosephXavier: 6:37pm On Mar 02, 2022
BRATISLAVA:

When you have daughters you will finally gain deep understanding of what they are protesting about following the decisions of the Senate and House of Representatives.

Right now, it's a chance for you to put misogyny before the real issue they are coming out against.H

I fucking don't need to have daughters to understand this

I already have a sister who I love so much and relate with so I understand perfectly

Politics is all about selling yourself and your ideas and a lot of women are doing great in that aspect even in Nigeria so there is no excuse because if the system isn't good, they wouldn't have emerged

1 Like

Re: Women In Abuja Protest Against National Assembly's Misogynistic Agenda (Photos) by Gamesmart: 6:39pm On Mar 02, 2022
2loadedguy:

Sometimes I really don't understand what women want. How can you be clamoring for special seats in parties and compulsory allocation of seats in national assembly and yet be asking for equality. The mere fact that you want a special place is discrimination against women, there should be a level playing field and women should compete there as well.
There are as much women as men in this country and the women should channel their energy to mobilize themselves to vote for themselves why bothering the national assembly to be giving u preferential treatment in elections. I suspect this is being sponsored by some top women who wants to benefit through special seat allocation for women and don't want much competition.

They are women and entitled to whatever they want.

That is "equality".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Women In Abuja Protest Against National Assembly's Misogynistic Agenda (Photos) by Gamesmart: 6:44pm On Mar 02, 2022
A305:
What's wrong with women these days forming "woke" or struggling for equal right with men.

War broke out in Ukraine, the president announced that men; age 18 - 60 should not run, stay back and defend the country.

Why didn't woke women and the equal right feminist volunteer to take up arm?

Women like @SoapQueen will tell you that is men's problem to bare alone.

But when men win elections then they need to give the political positions with women.
Re: Women In Abuja Protest Against National Assembly's Misogynistic Agenda (Photos) by yemi1504: 6:45pm On Mar 02, 2022
dele1727:
grin grin grin

Why is it only when it comes to political positions and opportunities you see women?

Why did they not protest that they want 35% of bricklayers or Dispatch Riders to be women?

It's like men protesting that 35% of Nurses, Secretary and Waiters should be men

The only one I think needs changing is the qualification of citizenship through Marriage....

Others should be left the way it is...

If you want political positions work for it....make relevant contributions and the demands for this positions from your political parties....

Not this blackmailing because you are a woma

The idigeneship one too! In places like Plateau State, you can be denied opportunities just because you are not an indigene.
Re: Women In Abuja Protest Against National Assembly's Misogynistic Agenda (Photos) by Gamesmart: 6:47pm On Mar 02, 2022
backnbeta:
True feminism demands true equality, not automatic seats for women. Let us women start supporting ourselves instead of begging men to give us seats! Let's start unseating them, let's go all out and participate more in elective politics!

Well said!

Simp Bratislava, you dey hear?
Re: Women In Abuja Protest Against National Assembly's Misogynistic Agenda (Photos) by JayPeeOham: 6:52pm On Mar 02, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

It's so unfair for us women but again what are the contributions of women in the society that should merit them all these.

We only fight to reap where we didn't sow, with no contribution at all. our women should wake up and work as men.

Nice one especially when it's coming from a woman not just any woman but an enlightened one at that kiss kiss

Vanessa you gorgeous if that's you I just peeped atgrin grin

1 Like

Re: Women In Abuja Protest Against National Assembly's Misogynistic Agenda (Photos) by bitbillionaire: 6:54pm On Mar 02, 2022
THIEVES
Re: Women In Abuja Protest Against National Assembly's Misogynistic Agenda (Photos) by BRATISLAVA: 6:55pm On Mar 02, 2022
backnbeta:
True feminism demands true equality, not automatic seats for women. Let us women start supporting ourselves instead of begging men to give us seats! Let's start unseating them, let's go all out and participate more in elective politics!

But why were Nigerian women supporting the agenda of Nigerian men in the end sars protests? How did it affect any woman apart from the men she would have known? Why didn't they have their rights automatically recognized without the women protesters who joined them?

Besides, a lot of clueless men some women think that women do nothing but beg for roles. One of the biggest male propagandist talking points that has nothing to do with the reality of women. Same men that will ask for sex for those seats.

If you have never been denied a role for being a woman, though you are more qualified than men for it, you will continue to think it's about begging men for roles and that women need to take the men's seats, whatever that even means. Why is it that women rise in foreign countries but not in Nigeria? Are you more equal in feminism than they are? Many women think feminism is about struggling to prove themselves to men, something men deceived them into doing. Something men never do. WHO DO NIGERIAN MEN STRUGGLE/BOTHER TO PROVE THEMSELVES TO? WHEN DO THEY HAVE TO FIGHT FOR SEATS EQUITABLY?? To/from you? It has been from one incompetent man to the next failure raping your democracy and human rights while you struggle to make them notice you by doing more than what they have ever done for anyone else to get their positions in society. What support will you expect when men don't let women into positions where they can choose themselves as easily as the men do? It has to start somewhere.

There would be no protest if there were the equality you spoke of.

1 Like

Re: Women In Abuja Protest Against National Assembly's Misogynistic Agenda (Photos) by BRATISLAVA: 6:57pm On Mar 02, 2022
Gamesmart:

Well said!

Simp Bratislava, you dey hear?

When you grow up, you'll realize that there's nothing like a simp and that your red pill is just the teachings of a distorted, jilted white man who failed at relationships.

Same man would not let you into his Parliament. If he did, he'd be termed a nigker lover.

2 Likes

Re: Women In Abuja Protest Against National Assembly's Misogynistic Agenda (Photos) by BERNIMOORE: 6:59pm On Mar 02, 2022
Shegzdave:
These Abuja people don’t any other thing than Protesting against Irrelevant issues. sad
irrelevant issues? only Muric thinks the way that you view women
Re: Women In Abuja Protest Against National Assembly's Misogynistic Agenda (Photos) by Osilama1: 6:59pm On Mar 02, 2022
KingEverest:
And we all know the region that voted against women rights
see your life... Why should seat be reserved for them cos na woman... Indigeneship yes... A foreigner become citizen cos he Marr a Nigerian woman yes... But the others is thrash
Re: Women In Abuja Protest Against National Assembly's Misogynistic Agenda (Photos) by Gamesmart: 7:00pm On Mar 02, 2022
BRATISLAVA:

When you grow up, you'll realize that there's nothing like a simp and that your red pill is just the teachings of a distorted, jilted white man who failed at relationships.

Same man would not let you into his Parliament. If he did, he'd be termed a nigker lover.

Saying there is nothing like Simp, when one can see and observe men like you, is as stuupid as continuing saying the Earth is flat!

2 Likes

Re: Women In Abuja Protest Against National Assembly's Misogynistic Agenda (Photos) by Osilama1: 7:01pm On Mar 02, 2022
dele1727:
grin grin grin

Why is it only when it comes to political positions and opportunities you see women?

Why did they not protest that they want 35% of bricklayers or Dispatch Riders to be women?

It's like men protesting that 35% of Nurses, Secretary and Waiters should be men

The only one I think needs changing is the qualification of citizenship through Marriage....

Others should be left the way it is...

If you want political positions work for it....make relevant contributions and the demands for this positions from your political parties....

Not this blackmailing because you are a woma
exactly u Sabi the way
Re: Women In Abuja Protest Against National Assembly's Misogynistic Agenda (Photos) by Gamesmart: 7:03pm On Mar 02, 2022
BRATISLAVA:

But why were Nigerian women supporting the agenda of Nigerian men in the end sars protests? How did it affect any woman apart from the men she would have known? Why didn't they have their rights automatically recognized without the women protesters who joined them?

Besides, a lot of clueless men some women think that women do nothing but beg for roles. One of the biggest male propagandist talking points that has nothing to do with the reality of women. Same men that will ask for sex for those seats.

If you have never been denied a role for being a woman, though you are more qualified than men for it, you will continue to think it's about begging men for roles and that women need to take the men's seats, whatever that even means. Why is it that women rise in foreign countries but not in Nigeria? Are you more request in feminism than they are? Many women think feminism is about struggling to prove themselves to men. WHO DO NIGERIAN MEN STRUGGLE/BOTHER TO PROVE THEMSELVES TO? WHEN DO THEY HAVE TO FIGHT FOR SEATS EQUITABLY?? To/from you? It has been one incompetent man to the next failure raping your democracy and human rights while you struggle to make them notice you by doing more than what they have ever done for anyone else to get their positions in society. What support will you expect when men don't let women into positions where they can choose themselves as easily as the men do? It has to start somewhere.

There would be no protest if there were the equality you spoke of.

Simp, I hope you realise Nigerian women are unlawfully arrested, shot, molested, exploited and raaped by Nigerian police as well?
Re: Women In Abuja Protest Against National Assembly's Misogynistic Agenda (Photos) by 123papas(m): 7:04pm On Mar 02, 2022
I don’t support the rejection of the first two bills
Re: Women In Abuja Protest Against National Assembly's Misogynistic Agenda (Photos) by TheRedpillguy: 7:04pm On Mar 02, 2022
limeta:
Islam fear woman
This is so true. The Taliban are shivering in their boots right now becouse women are coming...
Re: Women In Abuja Protest Against National Assembly's Misogynistic Agenda (Photos) by Gamesmart: 7:05pm On Mar 02, 2022
123papas:
I don’t support the rejection of the first two bills

I am 100% with you!
Re: Women In Abuja Protest Against National Assembly's Misogynistic Agenda (Photos) by StainlessCup: 7:05pm On Mar 02, 2022
No 1 is the only one that holds water, the rest are frivolous...
Re: Women In Abuja Protest Against National Assembly's Misogynistic Agenda (Photos) by Ikobong4: 7:09pm On Mar 02, 2022
My question is, do men have special seat in the national assembly or any quota in party leadership, executive cabinet or in judiciary?. Why the protest when everybody should fight and get what he/she want.

1 Like

Re: Women In Abuja Protest Against National Assembly's Misogynistic Agenda (Photos) by BRATISLAVA: 7:21pm On Mar 02, 2022
Gamesmart:

Simp, I hope you realise Nigerian women are unlawfully arrested, shot, molested, exploited and raaped by Nigerian police as well?

But there are more men in prison and sars custody. What does that tell us, red pill goon? Why should Nigerian women protest over something that clearly isn't their issue?

Men want nothing to do with an issue that clearly affects women. But they would want women to stand by them and support them, and use the same opportunity to deprive them of their rights.

Misogyny is not wisdom.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women In Abuja Protest Against National Assembly's Misogynistic Agenda (Photos) by TrueNigerian300: 7:21pm On Mar 02, 2022
This is unipolar world order we are talking about and if you don't support it you are backward and not progressive. Ukraine is currently conscripting boys and men there is no cry of affirmative action there or any noise from feminist. So only in juicy position there should be affirmative actions??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Women In Abuja Protest Against National Assembly's Misogynistic Agenda (Photos) by Nobody: 7:22pm On Mar 02, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

It's so unfair for us women but again what are the contributions of women in the society that should merit them all these.

We only fight to reap where we didn't sow, with no contribution at all. our women should wake up and work as men.
Wow, i can't believe a lady typed this, too much intelligence, and discipline.
Re: Women In Abuja Protest Against National Assembly's Misogynistic Agenda (Photos) by BRATISLAVA: 7:22pm On Mar 02, 2022
Gamesmart:

Saying there is nothing like Simp, when one can see and observe men like you, is as stuupid as continuing saying the Earth is flat!

The red pill indoctrination has damaged your ability to think for yourself. Let alone make reasonable offerings.

Calling people simp doesn't make you wiser or capable.
How old are you?

1 Like

Re: Women In Abuja Protest Against National Assembly's Misogynistic Agenda (Photos) by Gamesmart: 7:24pm On Mar 02, 2022
BRATISLAVA:

But there are more men in prison and sars custody. What does that tell us, red pill goon? Why should Nigerian women protest over something that clearly isn't their issue?

Men want nothing to do with an issue that clearly affects women. But they would want women to stand by them and support them, and use the same opportunity to deprive them of their rights.

Misogyny is not wisdom.

Simp, so you are now trying to change your arguments when I caught you out?

Why did you initially say they "were just supporting the agenda of Nigerian men and it did not affect them", as if they were doing it out of kindness of their heart?

Do you now see that Simping is real and you embody it?

3 Likes

Re: Women In Abuja Protest Against National Assembly's Misogynistic Agenda (Photos) by cyrilamx(m): 7:25pm On Mar 02, 2022
Including the sonsyou carry in ur womb and other males in your generation. Evil misandrist
saphiere:
God punish men

2 Likes

Re: Women In Abuja Protest Against National Assembly's Misogynistic Agenda (Photos) by BRATISLAVA: 7:28pm On Mar 02, 2022
Gamesmart:

Simp, so you are now trying to change your arguments when I caught you out?

Why did you initially say they "were just supporting the agenda of Nigerian men and it did not affect them", as if they were doing it out of kindness of their heart?

Do you now see that Simping is real and you embody it?

Caught me out when the biggest number of criminals in custody are men? For asking why women should come out to protest for them? Meanwhile men who have leaned on the support of women don't want seats for women because the women must struggle for it in the way the men never did, due to goonish misogyny?

If you aren't a red pill goon, what else could you be?

Bye .

PS: when next you want to quote, do so truthfully. Not your absurd paraphrasing in quotations. Pity the people who took you serious.

3 Likes

Re: Women In Abuja Protest Against National Assembly's Misogynistic Agenda (Photos) by Gamesmart: 7:30pm On Mar 02, 2022
BRATISLAVA:

The red pill indoctrination has damaged your ability to think for yourself. Let alone make reasonable offerings.

Calling people simp doesn't make you wiser or capable.
How old are you?

Mister, you are a Simp!!!

It shows in your stuupid and illogical arguments where you are waiting for girls to pat you on the head that you are a "Real Man".

Simping is a mental health problem! So it is your thinking that has been damaged. You can't think logically because you are desperate to ingratiate yourself with women to get their approval.
Re: Women In Abuja Protest Against National Assembly's Misogynistic Agenda (Photos) by Gamesmart: 7:31pm On Mar 02, 2022
BRATISLAVA:

Caught me out when the biggest number of criminals in custody are men? For asking why women should come out to protest for them? Meanwhile men who have leaned on the support of women don't want seats for women because the women must struggle for it in the way the men never did, due to goonish misogyny?

If you aren't a red pill goon, what else could you be?

Bye .

Simp, why did you initially say they "were just supporting the agenda of Nigerian men and it did not affect them"?

Pussyclat!

1 Like

Re: Women In Abuja Protest Against National Assembly's Misogynistic Agenda (Photos) by BRATISLAVA: 7:34pm On Mar 02, 2022
Gamesmart:

Simp, why did you initially say they "were just supporting the agenda of Nigerian men and it did not affect them"?

Pussyclat!

K

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2023: Ognonnaya Onu Declares For President / Early Pictures From APC Presidential Campaign Rally / FG Begins Payment Of N585 Million Fine For Release Of 4,000 Inmates Nationwide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.