Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,009 members, 7,825,150 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

Peter Obi: Cost Of Governance, Waste Of Public Fund Threat To Development - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi: Cost Of Governance, Waste Of Public Fund Threat To Development (7339 Views)

We Will Give Attention To Development Of Satellite Towns – FCT Minister, Wike / 2023: Nigerians Must Challenge Leaders Over Public Fund, Peter Obi Fumes / Goodluck Jonathan: Political Office, Public Fund Reveal Person's True Character (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi: Cost Of Governance, Waste Of Public Fund Threat To Development by tiegahpor: 11:06am On Mar 03, 2022
JosephXavier:
Anambra is so lucky to have had this man as one of her/it's governors, likewise Prof Soludo

That is if the later implements what he has been telling us he intends to do

He is what Nigeria needs at the moment because he has done it before and we saw the result

Besides he is young, smart and healthy

That was among the reasons Sanusi was ousted from CBN governor

We need to drastically reduce the cost of governance, first by restructuring to true federalism and resource control

So that people can utilize what they earn

By so doing, there won't be need of dependence on Federal allocation which has made most governors lazy and wasteful

Ina Akogheri!

Iwu onye ara

Akozina nonsense!

Peter Obi did nothing outstanding as GOVERNOR..

On the contrary,he goofed big time..

Don't be a placid IPOB bigot..

If at all you were of age when he was GOVERNOR,Anambra was the KIDNAP HUB of west africa under Peter Obi..

It's well documented..

Insecurity was perverse under Peter Obi..

Remember the young men killed and thrown into the shallow lake by Commisioner Nwafor under instruction of Gov. Peter ObiMASSOB supporters

Peter is just a lying Razzling politician!

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: Cost Of Governance, Waste Of Public Fund Threat To Development by Stevenson1(m): 11:08am On Mar 03, 2022
iwaeda:

https://independent.ng/cost-of-governance-waste-of-public-fund-threat-to-nigerias-development-peter-obi/

Obiano is a public waste. Anambra made a big mistake electing that nonentity.
In 8 years, there is no specific road, infrastructure or development anywhere except siting a useless airport in his village back yard so that it might bring up development and increase in sales of the land.
That man is worst than Abia government but how he escapes Anambranian judgement still bothers me.
A drunkard and a uselessness governor.
Look at the gunmen news happening in Anambra daily and the slowpoke will rather take beer and dance nonsense than call for solution.
Re: Peter Obi: Cost Of Governance, Waste Of Public Fund Threat To Development by tiegahpor: 11:10am On Mar 03, 2022
Hisxellency:
Mr Peter Obi, A distinguished fellow when it comes to Governance

You performed very well during your days in Agu Awka seat of power and Anambra state will forever remember you for your good deeds

Peace!

FASTEST LIE on earth!

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: Cost Of Governance, Waste Of Public Fund Threat To Development by tiegahpor: 11:11am On Mar 03, 2022
Mooh247:
cool

I will believe him, if he can give full Account of how he spent his 8 years security votes

He bleeped up in security..

Under him, Anambra was the kidnap hub..

Jukwa Ese(Ask around properly)..
Re: Peter Obi: Cost Of Governance, Waste Of Public Fund Threat To Development by Ugonna62: 11:15am On Mar 03, 2022
yacibal488:
Believe him at your own peril
Try to belive in ur sef first,bco u sound so inferio to ursef.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: Cost Of Governance, Waste Of Public Fund Threat To Development by JosephXavier: 11:16am On Mar 03, 2022
tiegahpor:

Ina Akogheri!

Iwu onye ara

Akozina nonsense!

Peter Obi did nothing outstanding as GOVERNOR..

On the contrary,he goofed big time..

Don't be a placid IPOB bigot..

If at all you were of age when he was GOVERNOR,Anambra was the KIDNAP HUB of west africa under Peter Obi..

It's well documented..

Insecurity was perverse under Peter Obi..

Remember the young men killed and thrown into the shallow lake by Commisioner Nwafor under instruction of Gov. Peter ObiMASSOB supporters

Peter is just a lying Razzling politician!

The way you started your comment shows the kind of person you are

Secondly calling me IPOB shows that you might be silly

Telling me about insecurity during Peter Obi's administration shows that you might be a small boy or one of the BMC's trying to demarket Peter Obi and cause trouble online

You think writing in Igbo makes you Igbo, I have a lot of northers who grew up in the east especially children whose parents where in Various forces that speak igbo more fluently than even some Igbos themselves

I checked your account and you registered two days ago, so I'm definitely right

On a norm, I wouldn't have replied you
Re: Peter Obi: Cost Of Governance, Waste Of Public Fund Threat To Development by kanupapilo: 11:21am On Mar 03, 2022
Mooh247:
cool

I will believe him, if he can give full Account of how he spent his 8 years security votes

Re: Peter Obi: Cost Of Governance, Waste Of Public Fund Threat To Development by Ugonna62: 11:23am On Mar 03, 2022
Okwute ndi igbo,even if they hate u out of sheer jealousy and envy,you will continue to tel them the truth,and inform and educate some gullibles especially this ones on nairaland,you have done it in anambra.
Re: Peter Obi: Cost Of Governance, Waste Of Public Fund Threat To Development by bergs2: 11:30am On Mar 03, 2022
qekng40:

Mister, I know one thing.

"He's in the Pandora reports and he hasn't vindicated himself"

OK.
Ain't got time for blind argument.

Hope you're good now?
Re: Peter Obi: Cost Of Governance, Waste Of Public Fund Threat To Development by jaxxy(m): 11:37am On Mar 03, 2022
qekng40:
They all sound sensible till you give them a political position.. Then the real them will start manifesting!
Edited: In Obi's case, he wants to manifest the second time.

Peter on is an economist and a miser by nature. He knows how to economize.
Re: Peter Obi: Cost Of Governance, Waste Of Public Fund Threat To Development by jaxxy(m): 11:40am On Mar 03, 2022
JosephXavier:
Anambra is so lucky to have had this man as one of her/it's governors, likewise Prof Soludo

He is what Nigeria needs at the moment because he has done it before and we saw the result

We need to drastically reduce the cost of governance, first by restructuring to true federalism and resource control

By so doing, there won't be need of dependence on Federal allocation which has made most governors lazy and wasteful

Reducing cost of governance is just one aspect of the problems of Nigeria. There are many other problems u have to tackle and some of them are key to reducing cost of governance cos it’s not in the hands of only the president.

The senate is equally greedy and powerful.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: Cost Of Governance, Waste Of Public Fund Threat To Development by Ugonna62: 11:42am On Mar 03, 2022
tiegahpor:

He bleeped up in security..

Under him, Anambra was the kidnap hub..

Jukwa Ese(Ask around properly)..
so whats ur point? Which state in nigeria is immune to insecurity of different forms, ?you just open mouth dey talk nonsense,.what do u have to say about,health,education,urbanization ,road infrastructures and economic developents in anambra state.during his time as governor.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: Cost Of Governance, Waste Of Public Fund Threat To Development by Afamed: 11:53am On Mar 03, 2022
Lying Peter Obi. He only knows how to do it better when he's not in power. As a Gov years ago. Anambra Medical Doctors went on 13momths strike. Hypocrite saint Obi
Re: Peter Obi: Cost Of Governance, Waste Of Public Fund Threat To Development by COMPAQ(m): 11:57am On Mar 03, 2022
JosephXavier:

How does restructuring and resource control reduce the COST of governance? Those may increase revenue, but not reduce cost.

We should reduce cost by FIRING like 40% of Civil Service. Many of them are unproductive and unqualified. Too much of the work in Ministries and Parastatals is inefficient. We need to go big on digitalization and computerization to make people more productive. And of course block loopholes by Political Appointees. With all the monies being looted in Nigeria and a lot of it being held in cash, it boggles the mind how people are able to withdraw billions in cash from government accounts. Left to me, it should be illegal to to withdraw more than N500k in cash. People need to get comfortable again with cheques , bank drafts and electronic transfers.
Re: Peter Obi: Cost Of Governance, Waste Of Public Fund Threat To Development by Sleekfingers: 11:59am On Mar 03, 2022
Na now this idiot dey wake up abi? Bunch of useless leaders.....
Re: Peter Obi: Cost Of Governance, Waste Of Public Fund Threat To Development by AsomughaChuks05: 12:01pm On Mar 03, 2022
I commit Nigeria into the hands of God Almighty. May His perfect will be done.
Re: Peter Obi: Cost Of Governance, Waste Of Public Fund Threat To Development by JosephXavier: 12:04pm On Mar 03, 2022
COMPAQ:

How does restructuring and resource control reduce the COST of governance? Those may increase revenue, but not reduce cost.

We should reduce cost by FIRING like 40% of Civil Service. Many of them are unproductive and unqualified. Too much of the work in Ministries and Parastatals is inefficient. We need to go big on digitalization and computerization to make people more productive. And of course block loopholes by Political Appointees. With all the monies being looted in Nigeria and a lot of it being held in cash, it boggles the mind how people are able to withdraw billions in cash from government accounts. Left to me, it should be illegal to to withdraw more than N500k in cash. People need to get comfortable again with cheques , bank drafts and electronic transfers.

Structure has to do with the way Federal system, judiciary and legislators function or operate

Restructuring the legislative branch may be to remove reps and make it a unilateral legislative arm

Restructuring the executive may mean removing lots of SA's and PA's and scraping ministries

It is restructuring that will determine all these because the Executive won't have the constitutional power to effect these changes
Re: Peter Obi: Cost Of Governance, Waste Of Public Fund Threat To Development by Sleekfingers: 12:09pm On Mar 03, 2022
Fairmedia:
Big waste, this is why I love peter Obi, he goes directly to the problem.

By merely talking ..... nigerians deserves the kinda useless leaders , leading them...... They keep supporting them. Awon confused people

People like peter obi, tinubu, yaya bello, wike, amaechi , kalu, okorocha, saraki , are bunch of criminal elements ....bunch nigerians are still defending them......una never see anything.....shebi, una still dey see food chop.....by the time nigeria be like somalia, haiti , Togo, congo bangladesh, cambodia , una eyes go clear....
Re: Peter Obi: Cost Of Governance, Waste Of Public Fund Threat To Development by jclassiq(m): 12:14pm On Mar 03, 2022
WiszyFraud:
These political criminals always trying to confuse themselves

undecided

Go ahead and elect tilumbu nah. That's your headache.
Re: Peter Obi: Cost Of Governance, Waste Of Public Fund Threat To Development by Nobody: 12:14pm On Mar 03, 2022
Sleekfingers:

By merely talking ..... nigerians deserves the kinda useless leaders , leading them...... They keep supporting them. Awon confused people

People like peter obi, tinubu, yaya bello, wike, amaechi , kalu, okorocha, saraki , are bunch of criminal elements ....bunch nigerians are still defending them......una never see anything.....shebi, una still dey see food chop.....by the time nigeria be like somalia, haiti , Togo, congo bangladesh, cambodia , una eyes go clear....
Stop quoting me, you sound mad...can an unknown win?

Oga go and chop, you are hungry. Na you and your family go live in Somalia poverty, useless man cursing yourself.
Re: Peter Obi: Cost Of Governance, Waste Of Public Fund Threat To Development by Sleekfingers: 12:14pm On Mar 03, 2022
dizon:

They are also places you can invest your money to avoid being taxed heavily on it. Peter Obi didn't go and stash stolen money somewhere, he invested his own hard earned money where he will make maximum profit from his investments which is what any smart business man would do. He committed no crime so you people should stop all these nonsense about pandora this, pandora that.

Hard earned money? grin grin cheesy
Re: Peter Obi: Cost Of Governance, Waste Of Public Fund Threat To Development by georgeakins: 12:15pm On Mar 03, 2022
Mooh247:

Who told you Security votes are captured by FOI

Anything Security is out of the purview of FOI

And for the records EFCC actually summoned him on countless occasion, but since his assets and company are offshore registered in his daughter and family names, investigation couldn't be easily concluded

He is a smart criminal.
Obiano has repeatedly called Peter Obi a complete fraud.
Re: Peter Obi: Cost Of Governance, Waste Of Public Fund Threat To Development by Onepeople: 12:17pm On Mar 03, 2022
puremaker7:
 Cost Of Governance, was never a waste Of Public Fund Threat To Development when you were a governor....
Everybody has a solution to the problems of Nigeria untill they are elected, Even Buhari once had a solution to the problem of Nigeria before he became elected.
according to statistics available, he reduced the cost of governance to the lowest minimum, i think deduction in cost of governance is one of the cardinal principles to the success of his government, obiano can accuse him of anything, but never hard him accused obi of leaving debt behind for him. Unlike other governor's accused their predecessors.

If we really want desired change in this country, Peter obi is one among those that can pilot the affairs of this nation successfully. He might not be perfect, but is among the brightest we have.
Re: Peter Obi: Cost Of Governance, Waste Of Public Fund Threat To Development by Sleekfingers: 12:18pm On Mar 03, 2022
Fairmedia:

Stop quoting me, you sound mad...can an unknown win?

Oga go and chop, you are hungry. Na you and your family go live in Somalia poverty, useless man cursing yourself.

From what you wrote....you are still a kid....... economically is nigeria doing okay.?.....a poverty headquarter of world........you better go grow some sense or buy one for ladipo market, before dem increase the price....... .

Look around you, is nigeria a rich country?
Re: Peter Obi: Cost Of Governance, Waste Of Public Fund Threat To Development by Gamesmart: 12:28pm On Mar 03, 2022
Peter Obi, just like you wasted Anambra's public funds to invest in your and your family's businesses?

http://saharareporters.com/2019/01/30/peter-obi-questioned-why-he-invested-30m-state-funds-company-where-his-family-owns-shares

Anuofia criminal!

In Nigeria, public looters always want to be the ones advising us on how to manage the country and stop corruption.
Re: Peter Obi: Cost Of Governance, Waste Of Public Fund Threat To Development by tiegahpor: 12:59pm On Mar 03, 2022
Ugonna62:
so whats ur point? Which state in nigeria is immune to insecurity of different forms, ?you just open mouth dey talk nonsense,.what do u have to say about,health,education,urbanization ,road infrastructures and economic developents in anambra state.during his time as governor.

My point is that it's all Razzle and Dazzle for Mr Peter "Him Too Lie" Obi..

I know him PERSONALLY..so don't come here and rant what you hear via the media...

No GOVERNOR of Anambra has done well in road Infrastructure like Ngige..

And you must be getting mad;You don't address you senior with many years like de way you do..

Kpachakwa Anya(Watch it )..
Re: Peter Obi: Cost Of Governance, Waste Of Public Fund Threat To Development by tiegahpor: 1:02pm On Mar 03, 2022
JosephXavier:

The way you started your comment shows the kind of person you are

Secondly calling me IPOB shows that you might be silly

Telling me about insecurity during Peter Obi's administration shows that you might be a small boy or one of the BMC's trying to demarket Peter Obi and cause trouble online

You think writing in Igbo makes you Igbo, I have a lot of northers who grew up in the east especially children whose parents where in Various forces that speak igbo more fluently than even some Igbos themselves

I checked your account and you registered two days ago, so I'm definitely right

On a norm, I wouldn't have replied you

Kitikpa tagbuo otu nne gi ebe ahu!!!

Iwu onye ara

What is my business if you feel or don't feel I am.igbo

I am VERY SURE you are not yet 50 so run out of here and go gist with your mates..

Peter Obi is OVERRATED!

Capeesh?
Re: Peter Obi: Cost Of Governance, Waste Of Public Fund Threat To Development by JosephXavier: 1:10pm On Mar 03, 2022
tiegahpor:

Kitikpa tagbuo otu nne gi ebe ahu!!!

Iwu onye ara

What is my business if you feel or don't feel I am.igbo

I am VERY SURE you are not yet 50 so run out of here and go gist with your mates..

Peter Obi is OVERRATED!

Capeesh?

The only reason you will abuse my mother is because you're a bastard or you don't didn't receive home training

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: Cost Of Governance, Waste Of Public Fund Threat To Development by techWriter3: 1:16pm On Mar 03, 2022
politicians is always putting feeling
Re: Peter Obi: Cost Of Governance, Waste Of Public Fund Threat To Development by Cyberterror: 1:21pm On Mar 03, 2022
Truth
Re: Peter Obi: Cost Of Governance, Waste Of Public Fund Threat To Development by Noblechykk(m): 1:30pm On Mar 03, 2022
tsinzu:

You're the one who has proven to be an ignorant kid here because everything you've been posting shows you're a very uninformed and ignorant fellow. You really need to grow up and get informed. Your common sense should have told you that for this man, an opposition Politician and big critic of the government to still be in Nigeria all these years with not a single case brought against him by the the government either through the ministry of justice or EFCC even after the so called pandora papers that they don't have any case against this man but you're obviously an ignorant kid and very mentally deficient.
He is informed; he is just a tribal bigot who is trying to use the power of media to play on the gullibility of his fellow tribal bigots. Peter Obi remains the best governor from 1999 till date.

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: Cost Of Governance, Waste Of Public Fund Threat To Development by Nobody: 1:33pm On Mar 03, 2022
Sleekfingers:

From what you wrote....you are still a kid....... economically is nigeria doing okay.?.....a poverty headquarter of world........you better go grow some sense or buy one for ladipo market, before dem increase the price....... .

Look around you, is nigeria a rich country?
The whole world is facing challenges.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Probe Obasanjo Now — Owie Tells EFCC / See The Nigerians Mr Macaroni Is Fighting For / Buhari: We're Tackling Challenges That Undermine Businesses, Investment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.