Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,927 members, 7,824,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

Beware Of This Scammer @creativethumb - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Beware Of This Scammer @creativethumb (508 Views)

Please Beware Of This Scammer (picx Attached) / Ibeh John Chukwuebuka Is A Scammer,beware Of Him / Sunday Lagolewe (Kingdolo) Is a Big Scammer, Beware! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of This Scammer @creativethumb by Teettyllayho: 6:48pm On Mar 03, 2022
Please guys be careful of this cheap scammer @creativethumb with this number 0813.681 9.775.

He collected 15k for website design and promised to deliver in 3 days. It's over a week now and he did an unfinished job.

I lost a client because of his nonchalant attitude to work. He actually created the blog but I can't publish new articles. The only articles reflecting on the first page are the ones he created.

I've chatted him up severally but he keeps promising without doing anything. It's either he doesn't know his job or he doesn't have the time to do the job because it takes him hours to reply messages ( I understand that you may have other engagements but just deliver!!!!)

He's only interested in your money. Please beware!!!
Re: Beware Of This Scammer @creativethumb by Haakeem(m): 6:53pm On Mar 03, 2022
He was probably watching tutorials from youtube, when he get to a place that was difficult he gave up! Oga ur money don go like this?
Re: Beware Of This Scammer @creativethumb by February30(m): 7:14pm On Mar 03, 2022
you sef pay 15k for web design?
awoof
Re: Beware Of This Scammer @creativethumb by classicben3: 7:35pm On Mar 03, 2022
February30:

awoof

1 Like

Re: Beware Of This Scammer @creativethumb by Teettyllayho: 10:18pm On Mar 03, 2022
February30:

awoof

Oh, how much does it cost to design a one page blog considering that I've paid for hosting and domain?
Re: Beware Of This Scammer @creativethumb by classicben3: 10:22pm On Mar 03, 2022
Teettyllayho:

Oh, how much does it cost to design a one page blog considering that I've paid for hosting and domain?

Send me a mail we.share@yahoo.com
Re: Beware Of This Scammer @creativethumb by gistray: 11:42pm On Mar 03, 2022
He no chop u well, idiot
Re: Beware Of This Scammer @creativethumb by charixel: 6:18am On Mar 04, 2022
February30:

awoof

15k for blog

No be witch be that
Re: Beware Of This Scammer @creativethumb by PatrickOkunima(m): 7:36am On Mar 04, 2022
charixel:

15k for blog

No be witch be that

Let us be honest with ourselves. Building a blog for N15K is not out of place. Generally, pay rates are poor in Nigeria. For someone who knows what he's doing, creating a blog shouldn't take more than 6 hours. So, N15K in 6 hours is not bad.

The problem is most of us are wide-mouthed. The other day, I contacted someone here to make a small change on my website. The guy charged me 100K. A website that what I spent on building it did not take up to half of that amount. I was left with no other choice than to use Google. Guess what? I fixed that problem in less than 2 minutes. The same problem that he wanted to charge me 100k for. Even President Buhari does not earn that amount in 2 minutes.

So, my advice to web developers and designers is to take it easy. I understand most of you only get jobs occasionally, but one client doesn't have to pay for all the days you're idle.

4 Likes

Re: Beware Of This Scammer @creativethumb by niel63(m): 9:43am On Mar 04, 2022
PatrickOkunima:

Let us be honest with ourselves. Building a blog for N15K is not out of place. Generally, pay rates are poor in Nigeria. For someone who knows what he's doing, creating a blog shouldn't take more than 6 hours. So, N15K in 6 hours is not bad.

The problem is most of us are wide-mouthed. The other day, I contacted someone here to make a small change on my website. The guy charged me 100K. A website that what I spent on building it did not take up to half of that amount. I was left with no other choice than to use Google. Guess what? I fixed that problem in less than 2 minutes. The same problem that he wanted to charge me 100k for. Even President Buhari does not earn that amount in 2 minutes.

So, my advice to web developers and designers is to take it easy. I understand most of you only get jobs occasionally, but one client doesn't have to pay for all the days you're idle.

And with this mentality you expect not to be duped. You came here to rant about 15k. You are very shameless bro... you're one of Nigeria's problem... see how he professionally managed the time when a blog should be completed. Na una type dey drop minimum wage to bare minimum.

I'm sure you hope to make millions from that blog.

Who wants to be a millionaire : grin grin grin

No make me use vex begin enter you. Imagine the audacity. grin grin

Nigeria's No.1 C.V writer.

If you charge pass 1k for that C.V wey u dey write, you be hyoocrite.
Re: Beware Of This Scammer @creativethumb by PatrickOkunima(m): 10:48am On Mar 04, 2022
niel63:

And with this mentality you expect not to be duped. You came here to rant about 15k. You are very shameless bro... you're one of Nigeria's problem... see how he professionally managed the time when a blog should be completed. Na una type dey drop minimum wage to bare minimum.

I'm sure you hope to make millions from that blog.

Who wants to be a millionaire : grin grin grin

No make me use vex begin enter you. Imagine the audacity. grin grin

Nigeria's No.1 C.V writer.

If you charge pass 1k for that C.V wey u dey write, you be hyoocrite.

Please direct your anger elsewhere. I am not the cause of your problems. BTW, I'm not the one who needs a 15K blog. If I need a blog, I know how to create one.

3 Likes

Re: Beware Of This Scammer @creativethumb by niel63(m): 11:10am On Mar 04, 2022
PatrickOkunima:

Please direct your anger elsewhere. I am not the cause of your problems. BTW, I'm not the one who needs a 15K blog. If I need a blog, I know how to create one.

Lol, I no vex o bro. Na the way you take am personal I take you personal. Lol, grin grin

I know it's not you na... grin grin

Oya no wahala... peace!!!
Re: Beware Of This Scammer @creativethumb by LMServices: 11:24am On Mar 04, 2022
PatrickOkunima:

N15,000 will definitely get you the worst of jobs, or at best get you a blog that will destroy your career even before it starts. An average web designer/developer charges $15-$20 per hour; N15k is just $32.6 and you expect the individual to work 6 hours at the least? $15x6=$90 should be the fairest of pricing. By that calculation, 15k should only afford you just 2 hours of the task but you want a total package for 15k because you think it is a whole lot.

Also consider the below questions if you are being fair:

1. For a blog, do you expect the developer or designer to build from scratch or use a pre-made template?

2. Do you think developing a blog from scratch for 15k is ideal to developer?

3. Did you factor in the cost of a genuine pre-made theme or template before paying 15k? Last I checked, average WordPress themes with strong magazine features cost $59.

4. Do you expect the Web designer to source for a $59 theme for you for free or expect that he gets a nulled one that could get your website hacked easily and provide 100 of free backlinks from your website for free?

5. Do you expect SEO and SEO tools integration on the same 15k?

I understand that you think the money is a whole lot but you seriously need to immerse yourself in people's shoes to be a better judge of character. The singular act of believing that you can't pay enough is one major reason some web developers and designers don't work with or for Nigerians.

No offence meant but your advice is misplaced.
Re: Beware Of This Scammer @creativethumb by PatrickOkunima(m): 11:56am On Mar 04, 2022
LMServices:

N15,000 will definitely get you the worst of jobs, or at best get you a blog that will destroy your career even before it starts. An average web designer/developer charges $15-$20 per hour; N15k is just $32.6 and you expect the individual to work 6 hours at the least? $15x6=$90 should be the fairest of pricing. By that calculation, 15k should only afford you just 2 hours of the task but you want a total package for 15k because you think it is a whole lot.

Also consider the below questions if you are being fair:

1. For a blog, do you expect the developer or designer to build from scratch or use a pre-made template?

2. Do you think developing a blog from scratch for 15k is ideal to developer?

3. Did you factor in the cost of a genuine pre-made theme or template before paying 15k? Last I checked, average WordPress themes with strong magazine features cost $59.

4. Do you expect the Web designer to source for a $59 theme for you for free or expect that he gets a nulled one that could get your website hacked easily and provide 100 of free backlinks from your website for free?

5. Do you expect SEO and SEO tools integration on the same 15k?

I understand that you think the money is a whole lot but you seriously need to immerse yourself in people's shoes to be a better judge of character. The singular act of believing that you can't pay enough is one major reason some web developers and designers don't work with or for Nigerians.

No offence meant but your advice is misplaced.

Who designs blogs from scratch when there's WordPress and others? There are free themes that look great. The last I checked, there are free SEO tools. They take only a few minutes to integrate. And one more thing, stop using the dollar charge as an excuse. The purchasing power here is low, likewise the wage. So you cannot charge someone here the way you do on Fiverr or Upwork. Let me use my line of business as an example. In the US for instance, they can charge up to $200 and $350 for a CV. Which is equivalent to N100,000 and N175,000. If I increase my CV writing fees to N40K, nobody in this country will patronize me, not even the president.

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of This Scammer @creativethumb by charixel: 12:27pm On Mar 04, 2022
PatrickOkunima:

Is not one being wide mouthed blog design and deployment is well over 15k and some charge as high as 100k if you are looking for something custom made.
Re: Beware Of This Scammer @creativethumb by LMServices: 12:59pm On Mar 05, 2022
PatrickOkunima:

Who designs blogs from scratch when there's WordPress and others?
Believe me, there are people who come forward with this request periodically. And there are so many websites or blogs powered by WordPress but built specifically for the client.
There are free themes that look great. The last I checked, there are free SEO tools. They take only a few minutes to integrate.
Themes are not about how 'great' they look or how visually stunning it is. All free 'great looking' WordPress blog themes on the WordPress repository:

1. Have a PRO VERSION (ALL).
2. Are restrictive in terms of customization and placing custom HTML or ad links in them.
3. They are branded, which is not ideal for a professional blog.
4. Are lagging in terms SEO & and page speed optimization (PSO).
5. You can't get the best out of a free 'great looking' WordPress blog themes. Their developers are not stupid and wouldn't have gone through endless hours of stacking PHP codes just to give you a free theme you wouldn't even leave a review for.

How then do you get the best out of a restrictive grest looking, free WordPress blog theme? Get the PRO VERSION! Simple.

And one more thing, stop using the dollar charge as an excuse. The purchasing power here is low, likewise the wage. So you cannot charge someone here the way you do on Fiverr or Upwork.
I'll use my agency for example. We work with a very few, highly placed individuals and government agencies. We don't exactly accommodate every job because of cost. So we are very much comfortable offering services to a select few whom we give value to and give us satisfaction in return. Take Fiverr and Upwork out of it for a minute, at what point is 15,000 Naira supposed to look attractive for a 6-hour (at the very least) job? Is it strange that our purchasing power is low yet we have one of the largest concentration of tech startups in the world? Are you aware of the basic salary of web developers in Nigeria vs what applies OUTSIDE, now I am not even referring to WordPress junkies who don't know their way around CSS?

Just so you know, the average rate of web designers is $75. When working with foreign clients, we peg ours at $40 and run down to $15 for Nigerians because we acknowledge the spending power but you think $15 is too much because you feel you can't afford it and that 15000 Naira is too much for 6 hours? Laughable.

Let me use my line of business as an example. In the US for instance, they can charge up to $200 and $350 for a CV. Which is equivalent to N100,000 and N175,000. If I increase my CV writing fees to N40K, nobody in this country will patronize me, not even the president.
Let me explain why your industry should never be compared with the tech industry. Any one with editing, proof-reading, good communication skill and a good command of language can jump into resume writing within seconds, regardless of wherever you are in the world. This, unfortunately does not apply to web designers and web developers. You can't just quantify the level of months, and years put together for web design/development skill to make sense.

Just as your pricing is watered down is the same way ours is. I hope you understand this.
Re: Beware Of This Scammer @creativethumb by PatrickOkunima(m): 1:27pm On Mar 05, 2022
LMServices:

Believe me, there are people who come forward with this request periodically. And there are so many websites or blogs powered by WordPress but built specifically for the client.

Themes are not about how 'great' they look or how visually stunning it is. All free 'great looking' WordPress blog themes on the WordPress repository:

1. Have a PRO VERSION (ALL).
2. Are restrictive in terms of customization and placing custom HTML or ad links in them.
3. They are branded, which is not ideal for a professional blog.
4. Are lagging in terms SEO & and page speed optimization (PSO).
5. You can't get the best out of a free 'great looking' WordPress blog themes. Their developers are not stupid and wouldn't have gone through endless hours of stacking PHP codes just to give you a free theme you wouldn't even leave a review for.

How then do you get the best out of a restrictive grest looking, free WordPress blog theme? Get the PRO VERSION! Simple.

I'll use my agency for example. We work with a very few, highly placed individuals and government agencies. We don't exactly accommodate every job because of cost. So we are very much comfortable offering services to a select few whom we give value to and give us satisfaction in return. Take Fiverr and Upwork out of it for a minute, at what point is 15,000 Naira supposed to look attractive for a 6-hour (at the very least) job? Is it strange that our purchasing power is low yet we have one of the largest concentration of tech startups in the world? Are you aware of the basic salary of web developers in Nigeria vs what applies OUTSIDE, now I am not even referring to WordPress junkies who don't know their way around CSS?

Just so you know, the average rate of web designers is $75. When working with foreign clients, we peg ours at $40 and run down to $15 for Nigerians because we acknowledge the spending power but you think $15 is too much because you feel you can't afford it and that 15000 Naira is too much for 6 hours? Laughable.

Let me explain why your industry should never be compared with the tech industry. Any one with editing, proof-reading, good communication skill and a good command of language can jump into resume writing within seconds, regardless of wherever you are in the world. This, unfortunately does not apply to web designers and web developers. You can't just quantify the level of months, and years put together for web design/development skill to make sense.

Just as your pricing is watered down is the same way ours is. I hope you understand this.

You made a lot of sense. I can't help but agree with you 100%.

(1) (Reply)

Please Anyone Knows How To Change Page Template On Facebook… / What Happened To Me On My Way Back From Ado! / Webmasters This Website Is For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.