Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

The Peugeot 504 Tailed Our Crysler 300 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Peugeot 504 Tailed Our Crysler 300 (1420 Views)

Peugeot 504 Price In 1975 Vs Price Of Bread In 2024 / Peugeot 504: The Ultimate Car For Nigerian Roads / Man Redesigns An Abandoned Peugeot 504 In Enugu (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Peugeot 504 Tailed Our Crysler 300 by Siberia01(m): 8:10pm On Mar 03, 2022
After hustling and buzzling in Kaduna ... I decided to head down south to Uyo , Akwa ibom to meet my people for the Christmas holidays..

Well, Uyo is a very nice and serene place with wide and smooth road networks...I actually enjoy staying there...than the hot sunny north cry

A family friend came over and we went out to pick somebody at the Victor attah international airport... since her flight was to land by 7 :15pm ( ibom air)

I don't really know the names of most roads in Uyo so pardon me lipsrsealed

We were using a Crysler 300 but I don't know the engine displacement..

We started off from IBB avenue through Aka road to
Udo udoma avenue....

He decided to refuel at the NNPC mega station along the airport road....

As we were fueling ...a 2003 Toyota Corolla was behind us ...and a neat blue Peugeot 504 bestline in also branched to Fill up.. I didn't see who drove it because it had a little tint and it's glasses were Up.....

Paid the attendant and we zoomed off every body knows the 300 is a very fast car!!

The road leading to the airport was very wide ...smooth and OMG !...
He floored the 300 to about 110kmhr cause I was sitting in front ..enjoy some jamz with its AC...

Then I now pictured the corolla we had left ... In the wing mirror well... I lost interest and we were chatting..
The next moment the corolla disappeared and was replaced with the Peugeot... It was catching up fast angry

It had dusted the corolla grin

Well, not surprised The fuvking Europeans always keep doing this shits on the road ! undecided

My guy noticed as it was horning to overtake and a Kia cerato was Infront of us..

I told my guy to give it a gap... We increased to 120kmhr and over took the Kia ... The next moment...it overtook the Kia also grin
Still tailing us..

I just told him ... U no dey respect your elders...

And we gave it space .....
And the legend roared past us...

I could hear the engine roaring and it's AC was on...I think the engine was overworking.. well not bad for a
40year old Car.....

Before taking its own route we bid the legend farewell..

We took the other side to the airport...

Wow what a nice experience

3 Likes

Re: The Peugeot 504 Tailed Our Crysler 300 by HarunaWest(m): 8:50pm On Mar 03, 2022
That vehicle is legend. At a point my dad had 3 of those french machines.

1 Like

Re: The Peugeot 504 Tailed Our Crysler 300 by samuel051: 8:58pm On Mar 03, 2022
Lion.. king of the road.

4 Likes

Re: The Peugeot 504 Tailed Our Crysler 300 by buygala(m): 9:38pm On Mar 03, 2022
Siberia01:
After hustling and buzzling in Kaduna ... I decided to head down south to Uyo , Akwa ibom to meet my people for the Christmas holidays..

Well, Uyo is a very nice and serene place with wide and smooth road networks...I actually enjoy staying there...than the hot sunny north cry

A family friend came over and we went out to pick somebody at the Victor attah international airport... since her flight was to land by 7 :15pm ( ibom air)

Udo udoma avenue....

As we were fueling ...a 2003 Toyota Corolla was behind us ...and a neat blue Peugeot 504 bestline in also branched to Fill up.. I didn't see who drove it because it had a little tint and it's glasses were Up.....

Paid the attendant and we zoomed off every body knows the 300 is a very fast car!!

He floored the 300 to about 110kmhr cause I was sitting in front ..enjoy some jamz with its AC...

Then I now pictured the corolla we had left ... In the wing mirror well... I lost interest and we were chatting..
The next moment the corolla disappeared and was replaced with the Peugeot... It was catching up fast angry

Well, not surprised The fuvking Europeans always keep doing this shits on the road ! undecided

My guy noticed as it was horning to overtake and a Kia cerato was Infront of us..

I told my guy to give it a gap... We increased to 120kmhr and over took the Kia ... The next moment...it overtook the Kia also grin
Still tailing us..

I could hear the engine roaring and it's AC was on...I think the engine was overworking.. well not bad for a
40year old Car.....

Mtchew undecided

Since you are into hyping outdated scrap metals, don't forget to hype a horse drawn carriage or even a camel...

The Peugeot 504 Safety is terrible: there are no airbags, no ABS, no electronic driver aids.
Its steel bumpers ensure that the pedestrian had better stay away from the path of an approaching 504...
There are no energy-absorbing crumple zones, no traction control, no stability control, and no seat belt pretensions… these cars are not safe, period.

Na the idiot wey dey do 120km/hr with that steel coffin na im I pity...He might as well have been doing 120km/hr on a Raleigh Bicycle sad

I admire those cars from afar....I have too many girlfriends to be in such hurry to entrust my life to that rusty antiquity

5 Likes

Re: The Peugeot 504 Tailed Our Crysler 300 by Siberia01(m): 9:41pm On Mar 03, 2022
buygala:

Mtchew undecided

Since you are into hyping outdated scrap metals, don't forget to hype a horse drawn carriage or even a camel...

The Peugeot 504 Safety is terrible: there are no airbags, no ABS, no electronic driver aids.
Its steel bumpers ensure that the pedestrian had better stay away from the path of an approaching 504...
There are no energy-absorbing crumple zones, no traction control, no stability control, and no seat belt pretensions… these cars are not safe, period.

Na the idiot wey dey do 120km/hr with that steel coffin na im I pity...

I admire those cars from afar....I have too many girlfriends to be in such hurry to entrust my life to that rusty antiquity
shocked control your emotions..
Nobody is hyping ... I'm sure you won't also survive a collision at 120kmhr In any car

8 Likes

Re: The Peugeot 504 Tailed Our Crysler 300 by buygala(m): 9:59pm On Mar 03, 2022
Siberia01:
shocked control your emotions..
Nobody is hyping ... I'm sure you won't also survive a collision at 120kmhr In any car

Very possible on modern cars..

Quit hyping a rusty casket

2 Likes

Re: The Peugeot 504 Tailed Our Crysler 300 by Siberia01(m): 10:01pm On Mar 03, 2022
buygala:

with broken bones...
Re: The Peugeot 504 Tailed Our Crysler 300 by buygala(m): 10:03pm On Mar 03, 2022
Siberia01:
with broken bones...

which can likely be fixed

better than having rusty metal slice one into pieces

1 Like

Re: The Peugeot 504 Tailed Our Crysler 300 by Siberia01(m): 10:03pm On Mar 03, 2022
buygala:

which can likely be fixed

better than having rusty metal slice one into pieces
grin grin
This guy
Re: The Peugeot 504 Tailed Our Crysler 300 by slimmoney(m): 7:06pm On Mar 04, 2022
without checking the name i already know this is buygala grin
buygala:

Mtchew undecided

Na the idiot wey dey do 120km/hr with that steel coffin na im I pity...He might as well have been doing 120km/hr on a Raleigh Bicycle sad

Re: The Peugeot 504 Tailed Our Crysler 300 by skywalker240(m): 7:13pm On Mar 04, 2022
Europe na your mate?

buygala sha. grin
Re: The Peugeot 504 Tailed Our Crysler 300 by udemzyudex(m): 10:47am On Mar 05, 2022
buygala:

Very possible?

You're a joke.
Re: The Peugeot 504 Tailed Our Crysler 300 by Cokahot: 10:50am On Mar 05, 2022
Crysler na 4plugs na.110kph,lol na very slow car,my own lexus na 160kph for long journey I no dey pass 160kph cruise control, and my speedometer reach 260. Crysler na very last 4plugs
Re: The Peugeot 504 Tailed Our Crysler 300 by mejai(m): 12:06pm On Mar 05, 2022
If u are doing 120km/h in Chrysler and the Peugeot 504 is moving at 140/150km/hr, what do u think?

I keep asking what makes a car faster than others?
Weight?
Horsepower?
Torque?
Safety sensors grin buygala?

Which other thing?

I don't believe in drivers not being gingered... For someone like me, I believe in drivers with same mindset of racing.

Gazzuzz, nurey, heavenlybang, kingreign, diportivo and others...ur infos are needed. Cartalk has been less educative like in those days.

1 Like

Re: The Peugeot 504 Tailed Our Crysler 300 by nurey(m): 12:58pm On Mar 05, 2022
Siberia01:

Udo udoma avenue....

Still tailing us..

40year old Car.....

120km/h is a very safe speed at highway for a vehicle in good condition. I don't see why a 40years car in good condition shouldn't humble you, even a 1.5L i4 engine would do 140km/h easily.

The major difference between different vehicles has to do with acceleration and top speed which is determined by several factors a manufacturer incorporates in the said vehicle.

A Bugatti doing 200km/h can be left behind by a lexus IS350 running at 220km/h

3 Likes

Re: The Peugeot 504 Tailed Our Crysler 300 by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:40pm On Mar 05, 2022
Siberia01:

Udo udoma avenue....

Still tailing us..

40year old Car.....

In my secondary sch days, innocent tamunokube would hit the max (160km/h) effortlessly and still go on to exceed until the speed dial was 180deg on our way to ile-ife.

Was a very noisy 4 speed vehicle.

3 Likes

Re: The Peugeot 504 Tailed Our Crysler 300 by OfficialDJ: 6:01pm On Mar 05, 2022
Cokahot:
Crysler na 4plugs na.110kph,lol na very slow car,my own lexus na 160kph for long journey I no dey pass 160kph cruise control, and my speedometer reach 260. Crysler na very last 4plugs
Wrong
Re: The Peugeot 504 Tailed Our Crysler 300 by Kingdemu: 7:53pm On Mar 05, 2022
OfficialDJ:
Wrong
That guy and misinformation na 5&6. His comments have always been 80% wrong info since he joined CarTalk section.
Re: The Peugeot 504 Tailed Our Crysler 300 by OfficialDJ: 10:30pm On Mar 05, 2022
Kingdemu:
That guy and misinformation na 5&6. His comments have always been 80% wrong info since he joined CarTalk section.
shocking.
Re: The Peugeot 504 Tailed Our Crysler 300 by Siberia01(m): 11:41am On Mar 06, 2022
mejai:
If u are doing 120km/h in Chrysler and the Peugeot 504 is moving at 140/150km/hr, what do u think?

I keep asking what makes a car faster than others?
Weight?
Horsepower?
Torque?
Safety sensors grin buygala?

Which other thing?

I don't believe in drivers not being gingered... For someone like me, I believe in drivers with same mindset of racing.

Gazzuzz, nurey, heavenlybang, kingreign, diportivo and others...ur infos are needed. Cartalk has been less educative like in those days.

Peugeot 504 Is a beast...swallowed the corolla like Eba
And chased down our Crysler embarassed

I underated its performance and acceleration
Because have never seen it on the highway .

Since that day... I fear anything European
Re: The Peugeot 504 Tailed Our Crysler 300 by Siberia01(m): 11:43am On Mar 06, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

In my secondary sch days, innocent tamunokube would hit the max (160km/h) effortlessly and still go on to exceed until the speed dial was 180deg on our way to ile-ife.

Was a very noisy 4 speed vehicle.

The good old sound
Re: The Peugeot 504 Tailed Our Crysler 300 by kingreign(m): 1:40pm On Mar 06, 2022
Siberia01:
After

Udo udoma avenue....

Still tailing us..

A Chrysler 300 Isn’t a fast car. Except when it has the V8.

That said, the reason why the Corolla was over taken is because the driver is scared or the car has some issues going on with it. A Corolla also has max 160hp and no more than 150ib.ft which is similar power ratings as the Peugeot and it’s an automatic, while the Peugeot is a manual transmission.

An automatic transmission takes so much power.

That said, don’t engage in road racing, a lot of Uyo inhabitants behave like sheep and would rather cross or walk into a road and be expecting you to dodge them or slow down for them.

2 Likes

Re: The Peugeot 504 Tailed Our Crysler 300 by PAQ(m): 3:14pm On Mar 06, 2022
kingreign:

A Chrysler 300 Isn’t a fast car. Except when it has the V8.

That said, the reason why the Corolla was over taken is because the driver is scared or the car has some issues going on with it. A Corolla also has max 160hp and no more than 150ib.ft which is similar power ratings as the Peugeot and it’s an automatic, while the Peugeot is a manual transmission.

An automatic transmission takes so much power.

That said, don’t engage in road racing, a lot of Uyo inhabitants behave like sheep and would rather cross or walk into a road and be expecting you to dodge them or slow down for them.

Bros no vex, Corollas are 130HP. Even the newer models, apart from the 2021 models with 2.0 engines that give out 168HP. In older models only Corolla XRS is 158HP and its discontinued.... No give us false hope abeg. grin

If only Corollas could even give out 150HP, this story would be dofferent.
Re: The Peugeot 504 Tailed Our Crysler 300 by kingreign(m): 4:48pm On Mar 06, 2022
PAQ:

Bros no vex, Corollas are 130HP. Even the newer models, apart from the 2021 models with 2.0 engines that give out 168HP. In older models only Corolla XRS is 158HP and its discontinued.... No give us false hope abeg. grin

If only Corollas could even give out 150HP, this story would be dofferent.

K
Re: The Peugeot 504 Tailed Our Crysler 300 by 9icetoo(m): 7:45pm On Mar 06, 2022
OP assumed the corolla was racing him
OP assumed the old 504 was racing him
OP assumed his Chrysler is a 1000hp behemoth that a Corolla cannot best.

OP thinks a 50 year old 504 is as powerful as a 2006 'modern' corolla with better fuel and power management than the carbureted Peugeot.

The v6 504 (apparently not what the OP saw) has a maximum hp of 136hp. Almost same HP as a base 1.8l Corolla!!!

Let's assume OP saw the 4 cylinder 504 (this has a max output of 104hp.
Can you see how absurd it is to think this 104 nutter will outpace a 126hp jalopy?

Let's even go back to 0-60 basics.

It will the 504 i4 in a very good condition 14 seconds to hit 60mph.
It maxes out at 156km/hr.

It will take the 2006 Corolla 10 seconds to hit the same speed and it has a too speed of 184km/hr. A good 30km/hr faster than the 504 which will take donkey years to get there.

Some posts are just so dumb you wonder if you were in primary school all over again.

It's alright.

I been no wan talk but men. Grown men should do better.

E be.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Peugeot 504 Tailed Our Crysler 300 by sultaan(m): 2:18am On Mar 07, 2022
I know the truth is supposed to set your mind free, but here we go again.

People need to know what speed power and torque means in a car

A 3.5l 300C with 250 hp might be heavier but it will be faster on the long run compared with a 130hp car.

If you watch America's greatest drag race on YouTube you might see how weight power torque and gearing comes to play.

If you want to know how fast both cars are you should try running them at about 5000 rpm

(1) (Reply)

Is The Honda Civic Good For A 6.4 / What High-Performance Family Sedan Would You Go For, And Why? / Help! Volvo S40 2004. Dsi Fuse Got Damanged

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.