Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,176 members, 7,811,433 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:28 AM

Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad (17430 Views)

Reps Reject Yakubu Abdullahi's Motion To Declare Bauchi Oil-Producing State / Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles / Reps Reject President Buhari’s Executive Order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by Fernandeswagger(m): 1:36am On Mar 04, 2022
Iamolukorede:
Strange but true, the thing is their own personal interest will come first. Why won't they kill the bill when it doesn't favours them ?, And I can tell you, that bill is a welcome development within the Nigerian society, it will enable these rouges to sit up and put a cut in corruption prostitution in the country.

Infact, it will make them focus on nation building. Even their principal " buhari" don't believe in the country because he unstd how bastardised the health sector is then he prefers treatment overseas, jus know that this current structure will never work. It will continue to fail because it was designed to fail by this rogues and their colonial masters.

No country as ever prospered either without a great leader or a popular revolt.

Completely agree. Nigeria needs a major revolt to change the status quo. Politicians shouldn't be rewarded with huge emoluments. Immediately politicians start earning small salaries, this country will change because they'll be accountability. Only people who seek for a better country will run for political office since they wouldn't be any financial motivation. Most of the people occupying political positions in today's Nigeria are just there to enrich themselves.
If that doesn't happen, then you can be sure they'll be a revolution in the nearest future it's just inevitable.

If you are a politician in Nigeria and you happen to read this, have it at the back of your mind, that there'll be a revolt. Since you guys continue to show that you don't care about the country. ASUU is on strike , nothing is done except lip service. A country that doesn't care about education is just delaying it's eventual doom.

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by franugo(m): 1:57am On Mar 04, 2022
aspabay:
The bill does not make sense.
So if I come from diaspora and come to serve Nigeria, my wards will have to leave school abroad and come school in Nigeria.

Thanks to the reps for throwing it out.

If the lawmaker shows that he/she can fund the education without using public funds to do it, they can be allowed. The proposal was strictly for those that do not have the means outside the use of public funds.

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by Funflipper: 2:06am On Mar 04, 2022
ImoleNaija:
I'm in support of the rejection.

I can be in their shoes someday & wouldn't want anyone step on my human rights.

What's bad for the goose is bad for the gander. If you know, you know.

Am i surprised? Hell NO!
Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by olu77(m): 2:08am On Mar 04, 2022
Brendaniel:

Then you leave the position for those who are willing to do it, the stage at which this country is right now requires such sacrifices if we want the country to improve, at the stage Nigeria is right now, I would have suggested both the lower and upper house work for free as volunteers and remove constituency allowance and projects, they should leave all that for the executives to handle, if you are not OK to volunteer to work for free to help your people make good laws, leave it for those that are ready to do it...

I can see a lot people here happy about the rejection of the bill and tomorrow you come out and complain why things are not working, you guys don't obviously know how the human nature is, Once something that affects your neighbor automatically affects you, you will help your neighbor to protect yourself...
The masses are most often the problem not the politicians. The reps will support banning of importation of rice etc because they can still find a way to import the one for their family...thesame people that the issues will affect most, will be the ones queuing behind the polithiefcians because of lack of common sense.
Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by Funflipper: 2:12am On Mar 04, 2022
Laggafin:
We are not yet ready as a people.. I bet both leadership and the led are bunch of Chronic Comedians

And that is why mother Nigeria will forever be on her knees.

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by gulfer: 3:26am On Mar 04, 2022
Now they remember their (fund) almental human rights because it will deny their families certain privileges.... I believe this should be a constitutional clause that precludes all public office holders from sending their wards and themselves abroad for school and healthcare. Ultimately, it will help us strengthen our medical and school systems undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by chinebu(m): 3:34am On Mar 04, 2022
rollybest:

Source:https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/03/reps-reject-bills-seeking-to-stop-children-of-public-officers-from-schooling-abroad-2/

If you have intention of sending your children overseas for studies or you have done so already, then don't go for any political offices simple. This defence of foundmental right is rurbish. What about the foundmental right of Nigerian students to quality education which you have been hampering because your children are out of Nigeria studying.

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by Gval123: 5:32am On Mar 04, 2022
The British were foolish to grant Nigeria Independence. In Fact, We are begging the British to come invade Nigeria now, we are tired of these Animals called politicians
Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by ivandragon: 5:45am On Mar 04, 2022
How can our educational system function when most of those to lead have this kind of entitlement mentality?

There are private universities in Nigeria to which the thieving politicians can still send thier kids to. In fact, the restriction should have extended to that.

How can you say you want to lead, but you ar not ready to lead by example? The whole idea is to ensure that the politicians have a huge stake in what goes on in the education sector...
Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by Elidrisy20: 5:54am On Mar 04, 2022
Why not sign a bill that will not allow ASUU to go on strike nah
Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by oboteee: 6:15am On Mar 04, 2022
Naija popo living in mental slavery since 1534. Common to allow your children go public school now na thing of choice like the legislator dem go school abroad sef
Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by naikeboy(m): 7:38am On Mar 04, 2022
Why wouldn't they throw it away it won't favour them na
Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by Nobody: 8:10am On Mar 04, 2022
Mumusaphire:
Who sponsors such bill? Lol

Dey read before commenting it a senetor from Edo
Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by johnsonpal: 8:26am On Mar 04, 2022
The faster the people realized Buhari/the presidency is not the problem, the better. Nigeria's foundation is fragile, with inept policies and even a more rather abysmally at best implementation. The 1999 constitution needs a revamp pronto. I'm surprised a legislator proposed this bill, that is to tell you that there are actually few people in the government who want progress, but sadly majority will always have the vote. Nigeria is on the brink of collapse; bold and brash bills like this are needed to rescue her.

Why should Buhari or government officials build world-class hospitals when they can always jet out to London/Germany for as a little as a headache?
Why should they resolve ASUU perennial issues and strike when their wards are in far away UK/US ?

Why should they give a f*ck about the country when most of them are British/ American Citizens? (Saraki is British)

You can't put people who don't have any stake and nothing to lose in charge of the government and expect change.

Buhari shamelessly announces his medical vacation to the Uk every time; it's unheard of anywhere in the world. Even if other countries' presidents are going on medical tourism, they wouldn't have a photo op and hero like sent forth and reception. These people are brazen because they know Nigerians are toothless; all we do is make stupid noise online. To prove to you, Nigerians are without molars and spineless. Just assume Garri, the commonest of food becomes 5000 per modu next week, People will only wail and shout for like 3 days and start buying after with prayers like " God will provide" etc.

" Push an average human to the wall; they will turn back and fight for their future, but not Nigerians; in fact, We will rather dig a hole in the wall and enter."

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by Iamolukorede(m): 10:58am On Mar 04, 2022
Fernandeswagger:

Completely agree. Nigeria needs a major revolt to change the status quo. Politicians shouldn't be rewarded with huge emoluments. Immediately politicians start earning small salaries, this country will change because they'll be accountability. Only people who seek for a better country will run for political office since they wouldn't be any financial motivation. Most of the people occupying political positions in today's Nigeria are just there to enrich themselves.
If that doesn't happen, then you can be sure they'll be a revolution in the nearest future it's just inevitable.

If you are a politician in Nigeria and you happen to read this, have it at the back of your mind, that there'll be a revolt. Since you guys continue to show that you don't care about the country. ASUU is on strike , nothing is done except lip service. A country that doesn't care about education is just delaying it's eventual doom.

Like seriously, I see revolt looming very soon because this politician's won't stop, they don't know how to stop!! And this country is on a verge of collapse with the way they are running it to the floor.

Have you noticed that anytime we are close to presidential election there are numerous upsurge of crisis, it is also a design or arrangements by the leadership for campaign strategy. Sadly, this crisis might linger on for a while. A country so blessed like this with poor leadership, how I wish I become a president and let my pple go ..

Nation building is not rocket science and they know it, I have lived and work in 4 diff countries and I know what nation building is about. Look, the problems of Nigeria are Nigerian's.
Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by Fernandeswagger(m): 11:32am On Mar 04, 2022
Iamolukorede:

Like seriously, I see revolt looming very soon because this politician's won't stop, they don't know how to stop!! And this country is on a verge of collapse with the way they are running it to the floor.

Have you noticed that anytime we are close to presidential election there are numerous upsurge of crisis, it is also a design or arrangements by the leadership for campaign strategy. Sadly, this crisis might linger on for a while. A country so blessed like this with poor leadership, how I wish I become a president and let my pple go ..

Nation building is not rocket science and they know it, I have lived and work in 4 diff countries and I know what nation building is about. Look, the problems of Nigeria are Nigerian's.

Spot on!!! I couldn't have said it any better. Most of the crisis ravaging the country is actually funded and sponsored by the same politicians running the country...the reason there seems to be no end in sight for the insecurities inspite of all the funds budgeted for it. We need real Patriots, people who want to make the country better and not career politicians looking for how to enrich themselves and perpetuate themselves in power by all means. But everything that has a beginning also has an end...we are edging closer and closer due to how the politicians now spite the masses by the kind of absurd things now happening, a lot of impunity going on.
Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by luluman: 12:18pm On Mar 04, 2022
ImoleNaija:

If you have the required means, would you deny your kids schooling abroad?
Policies like that can help check unwarranted use of public funds for selfish/personal reason.
Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by luluman: 12:23pm On Mar 04, 2022
ImoleNaija:

If you have the required means, would you deny your kids schooling abroad?
You send your child abroad to school why cant you fix your own school to be like that abroad.How can the country improve?
Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by Iamolukorede(m): 12:31pm On Mar 04, 2022
Fernandeswagger:

Spot on!!! I couldn't have said it any better. Most of the crisis ravaging the country is actually funded and sponsored by the same politicians running the country...the reason there seems to be no end in sight for the insecurities inspite of all the funds budgeted for it. We need real Patriots, people who want to make the country better and not career politicians looking for how to enrich themselves and perpetuate themselves in power by all means. But everything that has a beginning also has an end...we are edging closer and closer due to how the politicians now spite the masses by the kind of absurd things now happening, a lot of impunity going on.

You have said it all brother ..

I hope Nigeria enjoy dividend of democracy some day ..
Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by orisa37: 12:37pm On Mar 04, 2022
Wrong. It's a violation of human Rights to pass such Bill.
Re: Reps Reject Bills To Stop Children Of Public Officers From Schooling Abroad by Tonytonex(m): 3:31pm On Mar 04, 2022
This bill was DOA na.
They are the beneficiaries na.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Labour Party, SWAGA Back Council Of State Decision On Naira Redesign Policy / Benneth Chinedum Igweh Is The New FCT Commissioner Of Police / Shiites Don’t Recognize Buhari, Me As President, Governor – El-rufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.