Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,264 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:30 AM

ASUU Strike: PDP Calls For Immediate Sack Of Education Minister, Adamu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ASUU Strike: PDP Calls For Immediate Sack Of Education Minister, Adamu (9134 Views)

Strike: PDP Bankrolling ASUU, Joe Igbokwe Says / Barayan Bauchi & Education Minister, Adamu Visit Tinubu In Abuja / Sit-At-Home: Umahi Orders Immediate Sack Of Workers Absent From Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Strike: PDP Calls For Immediate Sack Of Education Minister, Adamu by bluefilm: 5:22am On Mar 04, 2022
Story for the gods.

No public officer has ever honorably resigned in nigeria.

They'd rather prefer to be disgraced out of office.
Re: ASUU Strike: PDP Calls For Immediate Sack Of Education Minister, Adamu by Comedian2019: 5:23am On Mar 04, 2022
post=110732566:
PDP of all party.
The party that took our country back 100 years back.
The party of criminals and fraudsters that looted and raped our nation back2back.

May it never be well with any politician that looted our national treasury.... no matter the political they are.
So may it be for all those defending the evil party because of stipends.

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: PDP Calls For Immediate Sack Of Education Minister, Adamu by mainkendo: 5:32am On Mar 04, 2022
samonak:

I fear for the future of this country if power enters your hand. Your case would be worst than the so called "leaders" we have today. It's people like you, that masses will jubilate, sweep the road u passed and throw a jamboree when you leave office.
You do not get the point.
The NANS speaker was supposed to mediate but went there with only ultimatum. If you think the minister is not disturbed by the strike, then you need a rethink. For subsidized education to work this would keep happening. The best solution would be giving student loan and allow schools run on their real cost. The corruption won't allow student loan to work.
You are in a loop and what is happening goes with it. Any country with subsidized loan and strikes do not happen is budgeting more than double of what is required for education.
Re: ASUU Strike: PDP Calls For Immediate Sack Of Education Minister, Adamu by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:15am On Mar 04, 2022
Did they ever sack their own education minister when they were in power
Re: ASUU Strike: PDP Calls For Immediate Sack Of Education Minister, Adamu by ubimagos: 6:18am On Mar 04, 2022
See PDP, oh! Schools were visually shutdown during your 16 years miserable reign.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike: PDP Calls For Immediate Sack Of Education Minister, Adamu by arsenal33: 6:18am On Mar 04, 2022
Judge for yourself

Re: ASUU Strike: PDP Calls For Immediate Sack Of Education Minister, Adamu by arsenal33: 6:20am On Mar 04, 2022
Did they sack Wike when he was education minister?
Re: ASUU Strike: PDP Calls For Immediate Sack Of Education Minister, Adamu by VTJN(m): 6:22am On Mar 04, 2022
96ACE:

Nobody gave me cheap Education, I earned everything including what I have today.
So I'll not service your entitlement mentality. Bloody Banbiyala like you
sir, education in Nigeria public institutions is highly subsidized if not total free. I'm not in anyway supporting the government. Nonetheless, lets learn to call a spade a spade. Government made education in Nigeria so cheap that even the poorest of the poor could easily afford.

Na job i dey find now. But you see that education, i got it cheaply sir
Re: ASUU Strike: PDP Calls For Immediate Sack Of Education Minister, Adamu by Alexaonfleek: 6:24am On Mar 04, 2022
On the other thread, a lot of nairalanders agreed that politicians holding public offices are right to cancel the bill that their children should study in Nigeria.
If you want to serve in a public office, there's nothing wrong with meeting some specific requirements.
If this trashy education minister has his children schooling in Nigeria, he wouldn't have been so quick to walk out on NANS.
Re: ASUU Strike: PDP Calls For Immediate Sack Of Education Minister, Adamu by KevMitnick: 6:28am On Mar 04, 2022
mainkendo:
angry. The man did the right thing by moving out on those entitled student. Education is expensive which is subsidized by 99. 5% in Nigeria.
You're foool for making this statement. Quota system urchin.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: PDP Calls For Immediate Sack Of Education Minister, Adamu by opribo(m): 6:29am On Mar 04, 2022
A minister who is paid through tax payers funds ought to sit down there and listen and take whatever is thrown at him that is why he is there as a minister in the first place. They are supposed to possess certain skills that is why they are selected for that job.
I dont know where a public servant works out on his people for speaking the truth, that your son is enjoying the quality education in another persons country with a sound education minister.

Adamu Adamu has failed the test so he must gerraway from there. One man cannot withstand the collective will of the people(NANS).
He lacks empathy, emotional intelligence, de-escalation strategies, negotiation skills.

Firstly, government breached the agreement reached, what is the next logical thing is to plead for understanding and amicable settlement. You dont expect to see fine students to come and praise you for doing nothing.

Adamu, just go resign now, you failed the most important test of a leader.
Solidarity forever, the youths must take their destiny in their hands. At the end of the day its their future we are talking about. Henceforth, no education minister must have their kids schooling abroad. If you want to be our minister you must have your own amongst us.

I dont know from where bubu assembled all the idiots as ministers, these are the saints we waited for months to be appointed.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: PDP Calls For Immediate Sack Of Education Minister, Adamu by donem3519: 6:31am On Mar 04, 2022
When wike was in that position he did worse cos he was always tell them to do there worse. Pdp has no moral justification to talk on ASUU matters.
post=110732566:
PDP of all party.
The party of criminals and fraudsters that looted and raped our nation back2back.

May it never be well with any politician that looted our national treasury.... no matter the political they are.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike: PDP Calls For Immediate Sack Of Education Minister, Adamu by 96ACE: 6:32am On Mar 04, 2022
VTJN:
sir, education in Nigeria public institutions is highly subsidized if not total free. I'm not in anyway supporting the government. Nonetheless, lets learn to call a spade a spade. Government made education in Nigeria so cheap that even the poorest of the poor could easily afford.

Na job i dey find now. But you see that education, i got it cheaply sir

You're entitled to your perspective. And in as much as you don't enforce it on others, I think am cool with it
Re: ASUU Strike: PDP Calls For Immediate Sack Of Education Minister, Adamu by symbianDON(m): 6:33am On Mar 04, 2022
exynos:

With due respect, it appears that you're not fully well
he's not well at all!

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: PDP Calls For Immediate Sack Of Education Minister, Adamu by rickyrex(m): 6:34am On Mar 04, 2022
post=110732566:
PDP of all party.

let your conscience judge you. Putting pdp and apc side by side who took back to 400years of hardship and backwardness
Re: ASUU Strike: PDP Calls For Immediate Sack Of Education Minister, Adamu by olaniyanibukun0: 6:39am On Mar 04, 2022
mainkendo:
angry. The man did the right thing by moving out on those entitled student. Education is expensive which is subsidized by 99. 5% in Nigeria.

Walking out of a conversation means he's not worth being a leader.
If the so called leaders should get a cut in their salaries, it will be enough to make education "not expensive"

The level of education we have in our country is even pitiable, thanks to the leaders who have made it like that

Yes, they are not the lecturers, but the corrupt practices of the leader and them having a closed eye to the educational sector has done no good at all.

And yes, a student is entitled to have a dialogue to the minister of education

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: PDP Calls For Immediate Sack Of Education Minister, Adamu by luizpippo(m): 6:41am On Mar 04, 2022
ubimagos:
See PDP, oh! Schools were visually shutdown during your 16 years miserable reign.

Zombie say na visually grin

Virtually
Re: ASUU Strike: PDP Calls For Immediate Sack Of Education Minister, Adamu by luizpippo(m): 6:46am On Mar 04, 2022
TOPCRUISE:
Did they ever sack their own education minister when they were in power

Comparism, comparism.

So PDP was sacked to have APC replace them so we can compare who is worse.

It wasn't really about doing better.
Re: ASUU Strike: PDP Calls For Immediate Sack Of Education Minister, Adamu by Fly2London3Baba: 6:58am On Mar 04, 2022
The cover up statement by the education spokesman is funnily wrong. If I were the minister, I will tell the NANS president to take it easy with the way he was asking his questions. I will ask to first shake hands with all of them (koro greeting style one by each). That will douse the tension. I will then tell the students that I will attend to all their questions and even the questions they did not ask. I will then take the questions one by one and tell them what the government is doing about it. I will assure them to please note that the government is for their welfare and education is paramount before the government. I will tell them I will do all I can to make sure ASUU resumes within 10 days. I will go back to government and ASUU and ensure ASUU and FG do all that is practically possible to ensure ASUU resumes within 10 days. That is my work as minister of education.

Nigeria will hear and hail me. Parents will hear and be happy and shout that Buhari selected the BEST minister of education who has the gift of the gab.The students in Nigeria and diaspora will hail me and we will all smile out. The stidents in Ukraine will like to come and school in Nigeria! By so doing, I have saved my head and I have represented the government well. All will start shouting Adamu Adamu for president.

If you need advise on what to do at any point in time and on any issue in this life, I am available to help you. But you will pay for my service o.
Whatsapp DM is 0803six9ten988.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: PDP Calls For Immediate Sack Of Education Minister, Adamu by ahamonyeka(m): 6:58am On Mar 04, 2022
Clueless set of politicians we have,during my univerdity day i stayed at home for one full session and pdp wad in power why was the minister of education not sack?
Re: ASUU Strike: PDP Calls For Immediate Sack Of Education Minister, Adamu by olisaEze(m): 7:11am On Mar 04, 2022
mainkendo:

You sound like Squealer in Animal Farm. University education in Nigeria remains chronically underfunded! The enthusiasm for education in Nigeria is not being matched with financial and developmental commitments. Currently, the APC-led government under President Buhari, allocates a paltry sum of 5 – 7 per cent of the total budget to education, as against the recommended United Nations standard of at least 27 per cent of annual budget of a nation to education. So, the level of commitment of resources to education does not match our desire for educational development. No matter how expensive you think education is, the price of ignorance is by far weightier!
Re: ASUU Strike: PDP Calls For Immediate Sack Of Education Minister, Adamu by techWriter3: 7:12am On Mar 04, 2022
With due admiration, it seem that yougonna not fully well
Re: ASUU Strike: PDP Calls For Immediate Sack Of Education Minister, Adamu by Badonasty(m): 7:38am On Mar 04, 2022
But they forgot to call for sack and prosecution of that one that organized recruitment that led to death of applicants
Re: ASUU Strike: PDP Calls For Immediate Sack Of Education Minister, Adamu by Safyqueen: 9:00am On Mar 04, 2022
post=110732566:
PDP of all party.

[b][/b]
Thank God not all of us suffer from collective amnesia.
You are a wise man.

Hey, I always adore your posts and positions on national issues but PDP is correct in this case. If you watch the video, that minister does not worth his office for the next minute. All I can say is "he is a fool.
Re: ASUU Strike: PDP Calls For Immediate Sack Of Education Minister, Adamu by Macphenson: 9:28am On Mar 04, 2022
post=110732566:
PDP of all party.

[b][/b]
Thank God not all of us suffer from collective amnesia.
You are a wise man.

Its unfortunate that in such a sensitive matter of urgent attention, the only thing that caught your attention is PDP.

Our kids are at home. The girls are turning to prostitutes, while the guys are advancing in yahoo, all because of how useless Nigeria is making education to look like, and the only thing that you are interested is PDP and APC foolishness.

I have told you for the umpteenth time, there are only two political parties in Nigeria, the Rich and the poor political parties.

Look at the nation today, the masses are suffering, fuel scarcity biting hard, and the most useless petroleum minister abandoned his country and ran away leaving hapless Nigerians to their fate. It should tell you that no matter how much you defend Buhari, he doesn't give a hoot about you.

Go to any filling station near you now and talk about this PDP and APC nonsense, come back and tell me the story.

Grow up little kid
Re: ASUU Strike: PDP Calls For Immediate Sack Of Education Minister, Adamu by OBUA12345: 9:47am On Mar 04, 2022
If pupil are talking PDP should keep quiet, currupt pupil, PDP is the Genesis of Nigeria problem.
Re: ASUU Strike: PDP Calls For Immediate Sack Of Education Minister, Adamu by Blackdisciple(m): 10:35am On Mar 04, 2022
Straight no time...

The man looks like some one who hates Western education, am sure he is having almajiri school in the north..
Re: ASUU Strike: PDP Calls For Immediate Sack Of Education Minister, Adamu by aduje(m): 11:16am On Mar 04, 2022
How on earth do one expect a round peg to fit into a square hole? The Education Minister has no background in education administration or people management. He could have been better off an information minister if appointments in Nigeria are made based on field of expertise and experience.
A man who has never been an HOD, Faculty Dean, Rector or VC of any tertiary institution will find it challenging administering the entire education sector vis a vis the various fibres of unions therein.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
See his brief:

Early life and education
Adamu was born on 25 May 1954 in Azare.[3] He received a bachelor's degree in accounting from the Ahmadu Bello University in Zaria. He later received a master's degree in journalism from Columbia University's School of Journalism.[4] He is a polyglot and speaks Hausa, English, Persian, Arabic and French.[4]

Career
After graduating, Adamu worked briefly as an accountant in Bauchi State before later venturing into journalism. He began his journalistic career as a public analyst and writer on a variety of different themes and subjects; and he later got his first job with the New Nigerian Newspapers as Special Correspondent and member of the editorial board of the New Nigerian group of newspapers in 1984. He rose to become Deputy Editor of the New Nigerian newspaper and chairman of the group Editorial Board.[5] Adamu was also a back-page columnist [Friday Column] for Media Trust's titles and has contributed to many news outlets including Canada-based Crescent International.[6] Adamu also served as a Special Assistant to General Muhammadu Buhari, then chairman of the Petroleum Trust Fund, PTF. Before his appointment as minister, in 2015, he was the secretary and member of Muhammadu Buhari's APC Presidential Transition Committee.[7]

Minister of Education
Adamu was first appointed Minister of Education by President Muhammadu Buhari on 11 November 2015,[8] along with 35 others, when the president made his first major appointments.[9] He was reappointed on 21 August 2019 after President Buhari was re-elected for second term....

Credit: Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Brazil To Build New Satellite-Town In Abuja / Babachir/Oke: PDP Youths Accuse Buhari Of Manipulating Nigerians / Buhari, Ugwuanyi, Maduka, Onyishi, Dozzy, Dogara Bag Leadership Excellence Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.