Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,755 members, 7,809,895 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:47 PM

Line In Between: An Interracial Christian Romance. - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Line In Between: An Interracial Christian Romance. (41545 Views)

The Trials Of Love (clean/christian Romance) / The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. / You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Line In Between: An Interracial Christian Romance. by Ann2012(f): 9:15am On Jul 12, 2022
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Line In Between: An Interracial Christian Romance. by Amarita(f): 11:57am On Jul 12, 2022
Thanks for the update Rosemary...missed you so much ❤️

1 Like

Re: Line In Between: An Interracial Christian Romance. by Rosemary33: 2:56pm On Jul 12, 2022
Amarita:
Thanks for the update Rosemary...missed you so much ❤️
Missed you too, sis.
Re: Line In Between: An Interracial Christian Romance. by Rosemary33: 3:07pm On Jul 12, 2022
[”

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Line In Between: An Interracial Christian Romance. by Ann2012(f): 8:20pm On Jul 12, 2022
Thanks for the update ma’am

1 Like

Re: Line In Between: An Interracial Christian Romance. by Rosemary33: 9:59am On Jul 13, 2022
Hi, great people. Please while we await the next update. Don't forget that all of my books are now on Okadabooks.

The just-concluded "Church girl romance," is now on Okadabooks with the title "God, Michael and Me." And with just 600 you can download and read this amazing story. Even thought I posted it here, you will be amazed at the changes that has been done to it.

There is also a bonus chapter (after wedding scene erotic tongue)

So, please support your girl.

3 Likes

Re: Line In Between: An Interracial Christian Romance. by Rosemary33: 10:03am On Jul 13, 2022
"The fat girl and the soldier that loves her," now has the title "Many Waters: The soldiers Story Book 1"

Hotter, action-packed and filled with intrigue

Still on Okadabooks at 700 naira.

Download and leave a review.

3 Likes

Re: Line In Between: An Interracial Christian Romance. by Rosemary33: 10:06am On Jul 13, 2022
I can see all of you reading even though you are on ghost mode grin grin grin. It gives me joy to be back. Thank you all for your patience. I have been working on a lot of things.

God has been faithful to me and he is taking this my talent to places.

I have you all to thank too. I started in Nairaland and I grew with you guys. You built me.

I say thank you to everyone of you.

5 Likes

Re: Line In Between: An Interracial Christian Romance. by queenemelda: 11:42am On Jul 13, 2022
Ha! Thank God, Rose is back! Scarlett should consider telling Paul the truth. Thanks for the update Rose.
Re: Line In Between: An Interracial Christian Romance. by Rosemary33: 12:08pm On Jul 14, 2022
Nairaland bot be giving me PTSD. Every little thing, it will send be go jail. Even for things, I don't know when I committed o. I was barred from posting here for the past two days. grin grin

Thank God they have released me. So we move grin

Please, anybody, know what I can do to avoid this, please let me know o

1 Like

Re: Line In Between: An Interracial Christian Romance. by Rosemary33: 11:46pm On Jul 14, 2022
Fourteen

Scarlett

One was dead already, gruesomely murdered— the picture of the dead girl would haunt her for the rest of her life. Now another had sought for her help. Scarlett had to do something, or this one would die too, and it would be all her fault

Tossing her phone on the bed, she covered her face with her palm and scolded aloud. Never since she left Madame Charlotte had she felt helpless, helpless and confused. For all along, Scarlett had known that a time like this would come— the past had a way of catching up with one, but she thought she had the backbone to deal with it as Madame Charlotte did. She was supposed to oversee situations and should come up with ways of silencing obstacles like the sudden appearance of Mr P.

Why wasn’t she strong enough to face the man?

Why was he making her panic this much?

Because you weren't supposed to leave him in the first place, nobody leave him on their own terms.

Now he was after her. trying to bend and break her by every means. Using her girls to get to her. And if she delayed any further, he would slaughter every one of them, making each death more gruesome than the other, sending her pictures of the bodies, until she could take it no more.

She thought of dialling Mr Chip, her lawyer, he could know someone in the police department to contact. Someone who could protect her and her girls, but then she thought again; who would want to stick his neck for a bunch of street women f*cking their ways to riches? What does the life of a who*re worth to the Toronto police department?

Yet, she had to do something— she had to save Mercury somehow.

The question now was how?

Springing up from the bed, she walked through the room to get her jacket from the wardrobe. She had to go after Mercury. That might be a wrong Idea but at the moment, that seemed to be the best thing to do. Better than sitting around doing nothing.

Hurrying out of the room to get to where she left her shoes at the last landing of the stairs, she bent to wear them. It was when she got up that she realized she wasn't alone.

Sitting in a corner, huddling in a chair was Meggie.

Paul

“Mr Belanger wants to see you immediately.”

“Huh? Paul mumbled, stepping out of the taxi that brought him to her house. It was suddenly cold out here, cold and drizzly. ridding his hair of the drops of water that had settled on them, he began to walk towards her house. “Where?” he asked George who was at the other end of the line as he stood in front of Scarlett's door.

“He’s having a business launch with some people at Ottawa and he wants to introduce you,” George said hastily.

“Do you know what time it is?"

"Yes."

"And you want me to just get myself to Ottawa.” Climbing up to the porch, his fingers circled the knocker.

“Yes, Paul. And I’m on my way there now.”

“Christ! What is wrong with you?”

“Business, boy... fame awaits you.”

“Can’t we do this tomorrow?”

“Are you out of your mind?”

Yes! he was both out of his mind and tired of being dragged from one meeting to another.

“There’s a plane ticket for Ottawa waiting for you at the concierge's desk at the hotel.” A long meaningful pause. “And Paul, make absolutely sure you do not let me down. This is for your own good.”

Before Paul could say anything, the man hung up.

“Christ!”

Scarlett

It was a tremendous shock, but at the same time, it was no surprise at all. She knew Meggie would return, just that this wasn’t the right time.

Meggie didn’t say a word, she just huddled in the chair staring at Scarlett, her afro-wig curled to a ridiculous height, her eyes red-rimmed and watery.

“How did you get in here?” Scarlett asked.

“Hey, sugar. Aintcha heard of picking locks? I was born in the street, girl. Ain’t never come across a lock that can defeat me.”

“You chose the wrong profession then— you should have been a burglar,” Scarlett said dryly. she wasn't going to be intimidated by this person too. “What do you want again?”

“Some greeting!” Meggie whined. “Some sh*t-a*s greeting from such an old friend.”

“Cut the crap, Meggie. Tell me why you are here and get out!”

The other lady seemed to have developed a nervous facial tic, and when she stood, Scarlet noticed how painfully thin she had become. with a shudder, Scarlett remembered her relationship with this girl, business and personal. it all seemed like another world away.

“What about another cash?” Meggie asked, attempting a camaraderie that had ceased to exist long ago. “I’ve run out.”

“You said you’ll not bother me again!”

“To conceal a murder? what you gave me the last time was peanut.”

What?

“Besides, you are doing pretty fine. You can afford to spare something for good old Meggie.”

She was about to tell the other lady to go to hell when the door opened and... Paul!

Her heart lurched into a series of sharp palpitation as she watched him stare hard at Meggie, and then his brows rose in recognition.

“Have I seen you before?” he picked his words carefully.

“Have you?” A mischievous grin played on Meggie’s lips as she shot her a glance. “You have!” Stretching her hand for a shake. “So, handsome...”

“Meggie was actually leaving.” Scarlett cut in, grabbing Meggie’s hand so Paul wouldn't touch her.

“Actually, She was about to buy my silence.” Meggie held her gaze, daring her to say otherwise. “Aren't you, kiddo?”

Nodding, her heart raced. Why the hell was the world closing in on her today? Why was Maggie back? And Jesus! Why did Paul come after her? He wasn’t supposed to come here, he shouldn’t come after her!

“So?” The other lady got bolder. “Are you giving me the cash, or should I sing?”

Swallowing the sob crawling up her throat, she flashed Paul a glance, the confusion on his face made her want to crumble at his feet and weep sore. But she wouldn't, she owed him nothing— a few conversations, one dance, a mind-blowing kiss didn’t make him responsible for her.

“Hey, kiddo,” Maggie cut in. “I’ve got no time.”

“Mm...” Avoiding gazing at Paul again, she hurried out of the room. when she returned with some dollar notes, Paul was in a conversation with Meggie. Again, her heart began pacing. What the hell was Meggie telling Paul?

“Here's the money, get out,” she shouted at the other woman.

“But I was making my acquaintance with...”

“Don't you need money again? Haven’t you come here to blackmail me?” She didn’t know why she had to say that before Paul. But once she started, she couldn’t stop the anger that was fast consuming the whole of her.

“Blackmail? Sh*t girl. I taught you everything you know. If not for me, you’d still be peddling it for twenty bucks a night, slaving for madame Charlotte. I got you out of that scene. Blackmail— sh*t! You were some black little kid with a foxy pair of tits and a hot box. Blackmail! Ain’t that, b*tch!”

Scarlett has had enough, and she was sure Paul had too. She could see him from the tail end of her eyes; he was looking so shocked and so lost. She was expecting him to turn to the door and leave, but he stood there, gazing from Maggie to her.

Thrusting the money towards Maggie again,

“This is two hundred dollars. It's all I have in cash. But get this straight— I’m not giving you this because I owe you anything but because I feel sorry for you.”

Maggie laughed uneasily. “Sorry for me? Are you paranoid or something? Ain’t nobody gotta be sorry for me. I’m together... like in tune. You wanna give me two hundred? Sure. I deserve it for saving your little ass and covering up for you for the murder you committed.”

“Murder?” Paul moved closer, “What murder?”
“Oh, she didn’t tell you?” Meggie gave off laughter. “Oops, I forgot it’s supposed to be a secret.”
“Get out!” Scarlet ordered.

“If I were you...”

“Get out!”

Snatching the money and stuffing it in the waistband of her shorts, she headed for the door. And as she passed, Scarlett noticed that her whole body was shaking. On a second impulse, she grabbed the white girl’s arm and pushed up the sleeves of her sweatshirt and the whole arm was a mass of angry red tracks.

“You are actually doing it, aren’t you?”

Pulling her hand sharply away, Maggie glared at her. “Go f*ck yourself,” She growled. “You big time motha! Don’t come giving me that your sh*t a*s ‘I’m better than you’ attitude, wh*re.” Sniffling, she wiped her nose. “Watch you back, b*tch. And...” looking Paul over,
“Don't get him into your mess, he looks too clean for you.” She walked in a jaunty way out of the door. “Watch your neck, sugar. They will come after you someday... leave that hot stuff boyfriend of yours out of ya mess!” her voice trailed off as she walked down the road in her scuffed boots and ridiculous wig.

With heaviness on her shoulders, Scarlett returned her attention to Paul who was gazing at her as though he’d never known her.
Of course, he never did.

“I told you... You can’t be with me.”

There was so much she wanted to say to him. So much she wanted to explain. Not that she was expecting that he would stay after all he’s heard about her, but because she felt the sudden need to talk to him. But his phone began to ring.

Fishing it out from his pocket, he began to speak to the person at the other end of the line, his eyes still on her face.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Line In Between: An Interracial Christian Romance. by skubido(m): 1:47pm On Jul 16, 2022
Tanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Line In Between: An Interracial Christian Romance. by Ann2012(f): 2:41pm On Jul 16, 2022

1 Like

Re: Line In Between: An Interracial Christian Romance. by Rosemary33: 12:05am On Jul 18, 2022
Fifteen

[b]

5 Likes

Re: Line In Between: An Interracial Christian Romance. by queenemelda: 3:49am On Jul 18, 2022
Thanks for the update ma'am.
Re: Line In Between: An Interracial Christian Romance. by Niceessien(m): 12:09am On Jul 19, 2022
Thanks for the update
Re: Line In Between: An Interracial Christian Romance. by Rosemary33: 9:33am On Jul 19, 2022
I will drop next episode tomorrow. Let me do school assignment today, I'm running my PhD program. And assignments are piled up grin

2 Likes

Re: Line In Between: An Interracial Christian Romance. by Rosemary33: 9:34am On Jul 19, 2022
Meanwhile, if you are new to my page, I say a big welcome to you. I don't mind if you introduce yourself and let me know how this story is making you feel so far.

Also, you can check out my books on Okadabooks and Bambooks.

The title of my works is thus:

"Many Waters: The Soldier Story Book 1."

"God, Michael and Me."

"Paradise, A Twin Bliss Resort Novel."

These books are made cheap on Okadabooks so you can be able to afford them. Please encourage me by downloading and reading my books on these platforms.

Also, don't forget to rate (give me stars) and write reviews.

"One More Night."

1 Like

Re: Line In Between: An Interracial Christian Romance. by Rosemary33: 9:36am On Jul 19, 2022
For all of you that have gone to Okadabooks and bambooks to download my books, I am so grateful. I see you all and I am humbled.

Please don't forget to do your reviews so I can identify you individually.

Your reviews, aside from telling me who you are and how you see my works, also encourage other readers to get my books.

The best gift you can give to your favourite author is to buy her books and also drop reviews on every platform.

So, ejoor, biko, encourage this ministry.

2 Likes

Re: Line In Between: An Interracial Christian Romance. by do4luv14(m): 1:22pm On Jul 19, 2022
Wow my Rosie is back

1 Like

Re: Line In Between: An Interracial Christian Romance. by Rosemary33: 5:55pm On Jul 19, 2022
do4luv14:
Wow my Rosie is back
Yes! You have to catch up with the story so far o grin
Re: Line In Between: An Interracial Christian Romance. by do4luv14(m): 6:06pm On Jul 19, 2022
Rosemary33:
Yes! You have to catch up with the story so far o grin

Read you are gearing up on Lizzy and bube part 2,

Am up already on this One, waiting for new update
Re: Line In Between: An Interracial Christian Romance. by Rosemary33: 7:00pm On Jul 19, 2022
do4luv14:

Read you are gearing up on Lizzy and bube part 2,

Am up already on this One, waiting for new update
Yes o, book 2 on the pipeline
Re: Line In Between: An Interracial Christian Romance. by Ann2012(f): 3:12am On Jul 20, 2022
Well done ma’am
Re: Line In Between: An Interracial Christian Romance. by Rosemary33: 11:11am On Jul 23, 2022
[.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Line In Between: An Interracial Christian Romance. by Asek1(m): 1:09am On Jul 24, 2022
Scarlet and wahala be like 5 and 6
Weldone Rosie cool
Be like am watching a movie

2 Likes

Re: Line In Between: An Interracial Christian Romance. by Ann2012(f): 8:40am On Jul 24, 2022
Well done OP

1 Like

Re: Line In Between: An Interracial Christian Romance. by Rosemary33: 4:51pm On Jul 24, 2022
Asek1:
Scarlet and wahala be like 5 and 6
Weldone Rosie cool
Be like am watching a movie
grin grin Asin eh. Wahala no de finish for where she dey
Re: Line In Between: An Interracial Christian Romance. by Rosemary33: 4:51pm On Jul 24, 2022
Ann2012:
Well done OP
Thanks, sis
Re: Line In Between: An Interracial Christian Romance. by Rosemary33: 6:15pm On Jul 27, 2022

6 Likes

Re: Line In Between: An Interracial Christian Romance. by Katie2021(f): 11:03pm On Jul 27, 2022
The best solution now is pray.
Thanks for the update

2 Likes

Re: Line In Between: An Interracial Christian Romance. by Ann2012(f): 8:59pm On Jul 28, 2022

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

The Madam At The Top / The Preacher's Son III: Diary Of A Player / Sophia Amaka's Story: Accidental Baby Mama(a Fan Fiction)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.