Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,173 members, 7,821,980 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

How Many Times Did You Write Jamb? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Many Times Did You Write Jamb? (14580 Views)

Aker Nguyilan: Jambite Dies In Car Accident While Travelling To Write JAMB Exams / How Many Times Did You Write WAEC Or JAMB Before Passing? / Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Times Did You Write Jamb? by GreaterFuture(m): 9:33pm On Mar 04, 2022
Flahyuq:
I wrote jamb 5times,Not like i didn't pass jamb those times....I did,just not given my desired course in d University....my dream was to study Medicine

After d fourth attempt,i gave up and decided to go for elect/elect Engineering
Did my jamb and got picked
I'm now in 500L in Olabisi Onabanjo University

How many times did you actually write jamb??
Wait...
What year did you finish high school
And what were you doing all those years at home...
Re: How Many Times Did You Write Jamb? by LegendHero(m): 9:34pm On Mar 04, 2022
Vicoymi:
Wow
How did you actually push from 219 to 298?
Any tips for me please?

I think it’s my determination to pass the OAU post UTME the next year, that was what made me study hard. Studied above Jamb syllabus so it made it easy for me during the exam.

What I did majorly was work on past questions, all those Jamb series and OAU post UTME past questions too. Solving them simultaneously.

Each question, I will drill down further to actually understand how to solve it and then go ahead to also cram the answer because jamb do repeat questions or bring out very similar questions then. I don’t know for now.

Finally, you just gotta find your own strength and build on it. You know we are all different in how we approach things.

4 Likes

Re: How Many Times Did You Write Jamb? by highness25(m): 9:34pm On Mar 04, 2022
Flahyuq:
I wrote jamb 5times,Not like i didn't pass jamb those times....I did,just not given my desired course in d University....my dream was to study Medicine

Na Timaya get this question
Re: How Many Times Did You Write Jamb? by WoundedLamb: 9:35pm On Mar 04, 2022
SlyCharlie:

yeah jamb is the body that conducts UME now called UTME.. but peeps call it JAMB anyway

Hanks0000:

Yes, JAMB is the same as UTME and one's ubject combinations and course you wanna study in the university, determines how difficult it's going to be.

The system is really corrupt.
WAEC and NECO and GCE all serve the same purposes tho'.
One can decide to sit for WAEC alone if you are sure you are going to clear all of your papers in one sitting.

WAEC/NECO/GCE first, UTME second and Post UTME third.

Oh... I see. It's clearer now.

Thanks, guy!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Many Times Did You Write Jamb? by Aimerosa25(f): 9:37pm On Mar 04, 2022
Thrice
Re: How Many Times Did You Write Jamb? by DEEBOZZ(m): 9:37pm On Mar 04, 2022
I wrote jamb three times 2019, 2020, 2021 and got above 220 in all attempt.
I was given admission three times in three different universities, namely (Uniport, Nigerian Army University and Nasarawa State University) but I was forced to forfeit all the admission due to lack of money.
I am thinking of partaking in this year jamb but am a bit discourage due to my pass experience. cry cry
Don't underestimate the power of money.

5 Likes

Re: How Many Times Did You Write Jamb? by armadeo(m): 9:39pm On Mar 04, 2022
Once

Just after I finished secondary school.

ASUU was on strike then sef. So we delayed a year before entering school.

Chia. E don tay me sha.

Hb pencil, going to ikoyi jamb office to check result.

Fun days
Re: How Many Times Did You Write Jamb? by Skyvice(m): 9:39pm On Mar 04, 2022
Three times, but I was scoring above scoring above 200 every time, post ume was my p, till I got luckier the third time
Re: How Many Times Did You Write Jamb? by Leebeedo(m): 9:40pm On Mar 04, 2022
I took JAMB like 3 times and it used to be very difficult then. I feel it's easier now than in early 2000's
Re: How Many Times Did You Write Jamb? by Badonasty(m): 9:40pm On Mar 04, 2022
Twice
Re: How Many Times Did You Write Jamb? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Mar 04, 2022
GreaterFuture:

Wait...
What year did you finish high school
And what were you doing all those years at home...

Learnt a lot
Computer engineering
Elect/elect engineering
Wasn't idle

1 Like

Re: How Many Times Did You Write Jamb? by GreaterFuture(m): 9:43pm On Mar 04, 2022
Flahyuq:

Learnt a lot
Computer engineering
Elect/elect engineering
Wasn't idle
Okk

1 Like

Re: How Many Times Did You Write Jamb? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Mar 04, 2022
Flahyuq:

Wrote JAMB thrice. Passed thrice. Got admission thrice but on the first two occasions, nobody to help out (my parents were both alive but life was very very very very difficult then). I spent my personal money writing SSCE, JAMB and post utme with the 15,000 salary I was paid then offloading generators and other heavy machines and appliances. E don tey wey man don dey hustle.

Las Las after the second occasion, I been wan leave school go learn mechanic but my mum was chasing me around begging and asking others to beg me to take JAMB. One thing she said that I don't forget is this: People build houses and they collapse, people import goods and the ship capsize, people buy cars and they get stolen, but these don't die. They try again till they attain their goals. Try again.

Registered again on the last day, got merit admission, struggled through school, graduated as one of the best in my set.

Now I am a practicing Engineer (though still a trainee). God is the greatest.

9 Likes

Re: How Many Times Did You Write Jamb? by Medley02(m): 9:45pm On Mar 04, 2022
Two good times cheesy before I dumped the JAMBI something and went to another country for my bachelor degree
Re: How Many Times Did You Write Jamb? by SocialJustice: 9:46pm On Mar 04, 2022
Wrote WAEC, NECO and UTME in 2004, gained admission same year to resume lectures 2005.
Re: How Many Times Did You Write Jamb? by MYHUBBY: 9:46pm On Mar 04, 2022
wrote it once even the one time I wrote I never get o level, just want to use it to catch cruise but when I got the requirements for my preferred school, I did three different o level exam to back it and I made it to the university
Re: How Many Times Did You Write Jamb? by Error401: 9:46pm On Mar 04, 2022
Flahyuq:

once
Re: How Many Times Did You Write Jamb? by Newton2024: 9:47pm On Mar 04, 2022
Rgade:
Twice.
First attempt - 298 (Medicine & surgery).
Second attempt- 271 (civil Engineering). I dey regret now cry
Why regret?
Re: How Many Times Did You Write Jamb? by armadeo(m): 9:47pm On Mar 04, 2022
whippersnapper:
Once. was very lucky. I guess the course I read played a part. It wasn't competitive. More of a dumping ground for law applicants

This is either English or philosophy.
Re: How Many Times Did You Write Jamb? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Mar 04, 2022
DaveDGreat:

Wrote JAMB thrice. Passed thrice. Got admission thrice but on the first two occasions, nobody to help out (my parents were both alive but life was very very very very difficult then). I spent my personal money writing SSCE, JAMB and post utme with the 15,000 salary I was paid then. E don tey wey man don dey hustle.

Las Las after the second occasion, I been wan leave school go learn mechanic but my mum was chasing me around begging and asking others to beg me to take JAMB. One thing she said that I don't forget is this: People build houses and they collapse, people import goods and the ship capsize, people buy cars and they get stolen, but these don't die. They try again till they attain their goals. Try again.

Registered again on the last day, got merit admission, struggled through school, graduated as one of the best in my set.

Now I am a practicing Engineer (though still a trainee). God is the greatest.

Happy for you boss
Greater heights

1 Like

Re: How Many Times Did You Write Jamb? by Mrsoft3(m): 9:49pm On Mar 04, 2022
Just once
Re: How Many Times Did You Write Jamb? by Newton2024: 9:49pm On Mar 04, 2022
whippersnapper:
Once. was very lucky. I guess the course I read played a part. It wasn't competitive. More of a dumping ground for law applicants
Which course?
Re: How Many Times Did You Write Jamb? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Mar 04, 2022
Flahyuq:

Happy for you boss
Greater heights

Thanks a lot man. God is the greatest always. He shall and will always see us through.

1 Like

Re: How Many Times Did You Write Jamb? by King44(m): 9:54pm On Mar 04, 2022
Odogwu eh eh eh
Re: How Many Times Did You Write Jamb? by Newton2024: 9:56pm On Mar 04, 2022
FemiOyewoleGCFR:
Twice

The first time, I got 254 and picked unilag to study law, wrote their post utme, got an average score. I was offered philosophy which I rejected.

The second time, I got 225 and filled Lasu to study law but by and large I was given English language.

I prefer English language to that yeye philosophy.
I have learnt that no course is yeye course. My girlfriend applied for Mathematics but was given Philosophy. Today, we are thankful for that Philosophy. The rest they say is history... A wonderful outcome I can't divulge here because her university staff may be on Nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: How Many Times Did You Write Jamb? by rajiedreez: 10:02pm On Mar 04, 2022
Enough time to get a jamb T-shirt
Re: How Many Times Did You Write Jamb? by KelvinC1(m): 10:03pm On Mar 04, 2022
I wrote JAMB11 times
From 2003 to 2013

I wrote WAEC 2 TIMES

today I am now a graduate..
Bsc.Ed PHYSICS from uniJos

E no easy to sponsor yourself..
Respect to all those who sponsored themselves through school..

Your suffer won't be in vain..

Shalom

10 Likes

Re: How Many Times Did You Write Jamb? by bluefilm: 10:05pm On Mar 04, 2022
Someone wrote it for me ONCE. shocked

Then I wrote it for myself TWICE.

Then someone wrote it for me again, ONCE angry

Ife n'ebe ka n'ebe.

1 Like

Re: How Many Times Did You Write Jamb? by Deri2018(m): 10:05pm On Mar 04, 2022
Two times. Shikena
Re: How Many Times Did You Write Jamb? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Mar 04, 2022
DaveDGreat:

Thanks a lot man. God is the greatest always. He shall and will always see us through.
Amen

1 Like

Re: How Many Times Did You Write Jamb? by ultiliberty(m): 10:05pm On Mar 04, 2022
I wrote JAMB 4 times I guess, before I could get admission
That's how bad it was
Re: How Many Times Did You Write Jamb? by ultiliberty(m): 10:06pm On Mar 04, 2022
KelvinC1:
I wrote JAMB11 times
From 2003 to 2013

I wrote WAEC 2 TIMES

today I am now a graduate..
Bsc.Ed PHYSICS from uniJos

E no easy to sponsor yourself..
Respect to all those who sponsored themselves through school..

Your suffer won't be in vain..

Shalom
11 times

Wow!

Amen

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Is Unilag Any Better Than Covenant University? / Why Do People Generally Hate Maths? / Nigerian Emerges Best Student Mathematician In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.