Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,613 members, 7,816,520 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

Google Launches Google+ To Battle Facebook [pics] - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Google Launches Google+ To Battle Facebook [pics] (9840 Views)

Google To Promote Secure Websites (HTTPS) In Search Results / Google To Kill Google Reader / Google Launches "get Nigerian Businesses Online" - Gnbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Google Launches Google+ To Battle Facebook [pics] by Nobody: 9:57am On Jul 03, 2011
. and here is google babe

Re: Google Launches Google+ To Battle Facebook [pics] by Ibomade1: 10:01am On Jul 03, 2011
Richfella:

Why Google+ Will Fail.

Google is perceived as a search-engine and they cannot possibly change that. FaceBook is a social-network and you can't change that too. Google+ will fail for the same reasons Facebook Mail will fail - both line extended products in fortified teritories. At the most, they'll only achieve lukewarm results.

The Ultimate Price.

Google's project might sound reasonable, but it actually sounds as reasonable as launching an "Indomie Spagheti", or a "Coca-Cola Beer" or a "Milo Milk". In the short term, they might seem to make a little progress with the new line extensions, however, it's the Google brand that will pay the ultimate price. Look at what is happening to Yahoo (Google is a search-engine, Facebook is a social network what is Yahoo? - news, email, autos, health, blablabla?). Google is trying to line-extend themselves to death.

**Pardon any typos, rushing to church.

@ Rich Fella when you come back from church read this
Google want the whole of the IT world and believe me, they will have it one way or the other. They have moved on from being a search engine years ago.

This guys have invested so much into cloud computing .
They provide Google doc, gmail, calender, spread sheet, google map, (SaaS).
They provide the Platform as a Service (PaaS) for any developer via Google App Engine
They provide Infrastructure i.e. Storage (IaaS) and once you develop an App on Google App Engine they automatically lock you in.
They have bought a stake in Youtube. meaning they have the largest video library.
And now they have their own Social networking Google + after Google buzz didn't really take off.

They already have everything figured out because as things are today. You can start a business and run your company entirely on googles applications  
The level of collaboration you can enjoy from using their application is unbelievable especially their SaaS

Google I salute.  cool
Re: Google Launches Google+ To Battle Facebook [pics] by Nobody: 10:06am On Jul 03, 2011
if Google can make social networking worth a few dollars to the user, why won't I move there. Infact wait for aggressive friend invitation tactics,imagine adding half of NL population and getting a dollar for each connect?
Re: Google Launches Google+ To Battle Facebook [pics] by denzel2009: 10:09am On Jul 03, 2011
Google+ makes sense. The integration with other google services will ultimately affect facebook. The gmail alone rendered so many hotmail and yahoo email accounts useless, and seeing the circle of friends option on Google+, you can put supposed friends to where they belong. Another good thing is the ability to video chat with a set of people concurrently, this would be beneficial for business meetings and family interactions and could possibly take some users from skype.
Re: Google Launches Google+ To Battle Facebook [pics] by kay29000(m): 10:13am On Jul 03, 2011
@richfella, u r onpoint, but I still feel anything can happen.
Re: Google Launches Google+ To Battle Facebook [pics] by 190: 10:23am On Jul 03, 2011
HUH? P-SQUARE!
Re: Google Launches Google+ To Battle Facebook [pics] by Hardeyorlah(f): 10:44am On Jul 03, 2011
i dont mind d invitation
Re: Google Launches Google+ To Battle Facebook [pics] by erayo2GCA(m): 10:51am On Jul 03, 2011
facebook is an idol to Nigerian young ladies, but i trust Google
Re: Google Launches Google+ To Battle Facebook [pics] by Ignatio(m): 10:59am On Jul 03, 2011
well lets watch n see who d winner will be.
Re: Google Launches Google+ To Battle Facebook [pics] by Nobody: 11:06am On Jul 03, 2011
lari03:

if Google can make social networking worth a few dollars to the user, why won't I move there. Infact wait for aggressive friend invitation tactics,imagine adding half of NL population and getting a dollar for each connect?  
  grin  grin  grin  grin, tell me why wont anybody move
Re: Google Launches Google+ To Battle Facebook [pics] by Kalman(m): 11:20am On Jul 03, 2011
Google is the Master of the Cloud

If you don't like it, Google "I am a LOSER"!

Re: Google Launches Google+ To Battle Facebook [pics] by N101: 12:01pm On Jul 03, 2011
Ibo-made:

@ Rich Fella when you come back from church read this
Google want the whole of the IT world and believe me, they will have it one way or the other. They have moved on from being a search engine years ago.

This guys have invested so much into cloud computing .
They provide Google doc, gmail, calender, spread sheet, google map, (SaaS).
They provide the Platform as a Service (PaaS) for any developer via Google App Engine
They provide Infrastructure i.e. Storage (IaaS) and once you develop an App on Google App Engine they automatically lock you in.
They have bought a stake in Youtube. meaning they have the largest video library.
And now they have their own Social networking Google + after Google buzz didn't really take off.

They already have everything figured out because as things are today. You can start a business and run your company entirely on googles applications  
The level of collaboration you can enjoy from using their application is unbelievable especially their SaaS

Google I salute.  cool

Thank you for pointing this out Ibo-made.  Some of the thinking here is faulty. Maybe when Google first came out it was known primarily as a search engine, and at its basic level that is what Google has done very well for a long time.

But if someone were to ask me to name three web based email, Gmail would be amongst them.  Google Chrome is ok, not my favourite browser but I use it nonetheless (ANYTHING but Internet Explorer!). 

Add to that Gmail, Google Docs, Google Market, Google Maps on my phone and many others,   I'm sure at some point we have probably used at least one of them. So you see, Google isn't just a search engine any more.  In fact, it hasn't been "just" any one thing for some time.

As with everything else, I will watch and see how Google + develops.
Re: Google Launches Google+ To Battle Facebook [pics] by walaky(m): 12:16pm On Jul 03, 2011
It's just a fucking free market, whoever one to come on board is welcome, did they ask anybody to come and pay money? if you like embrace if you don't discard, it's sucees will always depend on the number of people who are on board do you guys remember the time of GMail? i don't have a Gmail accoount but i know nubers of people that does. They were actually banking on the number of thier E-mail account to go on this, It's a free world.
Re: Google Launches Google+ To Battle Facebook [pics] by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jul 03, 2011
Can't wait for Google Babes!

I'm with you on that grin grin grin
Re: Google Launches Google+ To Battle Facebook [pics] by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jul 03, 2011
Muhahaha, hola google babes y mamacitas. . .te quiero mucha mucha. . .muchas gracias to Brother Google - won ti ba wa lu facebook pa!!
Re: Google Launches Google+ To Battle Facebook [pics] by DExplorer1: 1:27pm On Jul 03, 2011
For Facebook, it's going to be a tough one considering Google's several products. Facebook survived Twitter because the attack was just from "one angle" - SN. Google+ will be a hard one on them (coz of Google's large market/publicity via products) but FB will survive.

Hi5 & myspace "died" for FB, but am sure Facebook is thinking as Google is working. I think ds gonna be the most intresting competition btw titans. Time will bury this.

You Need To Read These! After Aborting 3 Times For Him, He's Set To Marry Another Lady This Month.

21 Reasons He Hasn't Proposed to You Yet

16 Regular Mistakes Singles Make in Relationships

25 Warning Signs of a Possible Break up in Your Relationship

16 Raw but Bitter Truths Ladies Must Know
Re: Google Launches Google+ To Battle Facebook [pics] by vladimiros: 1:40pm On Jul 03, 2011
For Facebook, it's going to be a tough one considering Google's several products. Facebook survived Twitter because the attack was just from "one angle" - SN. Google+ will be a hard one on them (coz of Google's large market/publicity via products) but FB will survive.

Hi5 & myspace "died" for FB, but am sure Facebook is thinking as Google is working. I think ds gonna be the most intresting competition btw titans. Time will bury this.

actually google tried about 5 years ago to beat facebook with orkut

what happened? FAILED

trust me facebook would just laugh
Re: Google Launches Google+ To Battle Facebook [pics] by omodapson(m): 2:19pm On Jul 03, 2011
Google is now a super heavy-weight giant. The ventured into OS for mobile devices and we all know the impact they've made. If they can be successful in unfamiliar terrain why can't they in a more familiar terrain. Google+ is going to be a success.
Re: Google Launches Google+ To Battle Facebook [pics] by MrOkafor1: 2:22pm On Jul 03, 2011
The fact that facebook is getting the highest traffic now does not mean the have the right structure.

Having the right structure is what we see in google inc today cos they have been there and still on top.

Watch facebook in the next 5 years.

Don't forget myspace and a host of others. Google is all rounder.
Re: Google Launches Google+ To Battle Facebook [pics] by gbanikiti(m): 2:59pm On Jul 03, 2011
hmmmm! nigerians una sabi argue,why una dey drink chloroquine for another person malaria! whats my business with whatever google or goggle has to offer? whether they are trying to battle facebook or not,its not of my business.i have better things to talk about like boko haram,ministerial screening,super falcons,NLC purpoted strike etc.mtcheeeeew
Re: Google Launches Google+ To Battle Facebook [pics] by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jul 03, 2011
Google or Facebook, the sky is wide enough for all kinds of birds.
We like facebook for what it is, we will still use google+ for a reason it's most suitable for, but we shall always return to nairaland for our own 9ra-related discussions, while students and entrepreneurs always chill out for empowerment information on visionitesmagazine forum, job seekers will browse naijahotjobs, careers-nigeria, etc without any of the sites holding down.

A welcome development.
Re: Google Launches Google+ To Battle Facebook [pics] by OmoTier1(m): 3:17pm On Jul 03, 2011
well fellas like me will stick to what we know.

my yahoo e-mail is over 11years old, my hotmail is over 10years old, didn't bother with gmail 'cos it didn't offer me anything new per say.

G+ maybe a game changer or a boredom!Again, it really has no effect on those of us who never bother with facebook on our d2d living.
Re: Google Launches Google+ To Battle Facebook [pics] by denzel2009: 3:20pm On Jul 03, 2011
gbanikiti:

hmmmm! nigerians una sabi argue,why una dey drink chloroquine for another person malaria! whats my business with whatever google or goggle has to offer? whether they are trying to battle facebook or not,its not of my business.i have better things to talk about like boko haram,ministerial screening,super falcons,NLC purpoted strike etc.mtcheeeeew

Be content with your local knowledge. These guys are changing the way you access and make use of information.
Re: Google Launches Google+ To Battle Facebook [pics] by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jul 03, 2011
@ Ibo-made, N101 and Ardenb

Google will not have a problem because of want of innovation. Rather, their problem will stem from the mind of their consumers (us).

When you try to make a name/brand stand for everything, you end up standing for nothing.

Yes, they have been relatively successful with Gmail and Chrome because they created different identities (brands) for these products. They didn't use 'Google Mail' or 'Google Browser'.

This battle is not a battle of technology, money or size - it is a battle of perception. It takes place in the mind of consumers.

They may temporarily seem to make progress, but years from now you'll see for yourself.

Companies fail to learn from History. IBM did not win the personal computers war, Kodak isn't winning the digital photography, Microsoft didn't win in search, IBM didn't win in PC software and Google is most likely not going to win in cloud computing either.

Why Line-extensions Kill brands/companies..

Line-extensions 'attack' a company on two fronts; externally and internally.

Externally, the company's perception as 'the experts' gradually whittles away. As an example, would you go for heart surgery at the doctor's who is an expert in heart surgery, carpentry, welding and electronics or to the doctor who is an expert in heart surgery, and only in heart surgery? Why did you respond so?
A brand that tries to stand for everything ends up standing for nothing.

Finally, brand extensions affect a company internally by making them lose focus. Focus of what they stand for and what they do. In conclusion I'd suggest you guys read 'Focus: The future of your company depends on it' by Al Ries.
Re: Google Launches Google+ To Battle Facebook [pics] by Tunsbobo(m): 3:33pm On Jul 03, 2011
is google trying to colonise the internet??
Re: Google Launches Google+ To Battle Facebook [pics] by Tattooboy: 4:22pm On Jul 03, 2011
Gudluck Google ;Dluck Google grin
Re: Google Launches Google+ To Battle Facebook [pics] by Rooneyboy(m): 4:30pm On Jul 03, 2011
[color=#000099][/color] I do believe google would give facebook a good fight.
Re: Google Launches Google+ To Battle Facebook [pics] by gaffer: 4:37pm On Jul 03, 2011
Nice one by google, it's not going to be an easy task. Because Facebook is still evolving, growing in leaps and bounds everyday.
A social network that started about 8 years ago, Takeovers mostly takes place when a firm is under performing, Not  this one.
Mark Zuckerberg is Endowed, that is the biggest financial institution Goldman sach and Microsoft have a very Large stake in his
company, they are ready to do everything possible to support,  he is not going to fold his arms and watch google take over.
Impossible.
Re: Google Launches Google+ To Battle Facebook [pics] by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jul 03, 2011
what is facebook can any body pls tell me? My grand mum told me facebook is a search engine if you want to find People who BUGGA and SWAGG , is it true?

But i can say it LOUD and am PROUD to be google user i.e the search engine , If Google Dies i am sure i will have hypertension, angry

I love google and i will support them till i die
Re: Google Launches Google+ To Battle Facebook [pics] by Ibomade1: 5:23pm On Jul 03, 2011
Richfella:

@ Ibo-made, N101 and Ardenb

Google will not have a problem because of want of innovation. Rather, their problem will stem from the mind of their consumers (us).

Companies fail to learn from History. IBM did not win the personal computers war, Kodak isn't winning the digital photography, Microsoft didn't win in search, IBM didn't win in PC software and Google is most likely not going to win in cloud computing either.

@Richfella How was church?

Well firstly, I don't consider it to be a battle between google and other IT companies because Amazon was already into Cloud Computing via Amazon's EC2 before google, so it doesn't really matter whether google will win the battle for the Cloud or not. What I was just trying to point out is that they are on course  to succeed because their applications are already geared up for the next phase of computing which is the Cloud.Unlike Microsoft Office Live (where you will still have to purchase the MS Office CD)
Look at their applications and you will find out that most of them are task centric

The truth is that the world of IT now is about Optimisation and service delivery. Business owners don't really care about all these fanciful stuff, they are only concerned about what IT can render to their organisation.
Now if using Google's product will give you an edge over your business rival would you say No? I doubt it. So businesses will still use their applications.

I will search for the Book you recommended.
Cheers.
Re: Google Launches Google+ To Battle Facebook [pics] by vladimiros: 5:44pm On Jul 03, 2011
If Google Dies i am sure i will have hypertension,

if google dies people would commit suicide

no kidding
Re: Google Launches Google+ To Battle Facebook [pics] by mystikal(m): 5:47pm On Jul 03, 2011
Are they supposed to outwit each other?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hot Naija Forum / How Do I Add "Like Me On Facebook" On My Blog? / Tutorial: How To Create An Attractive Blog With Blogger From Scratch In 1 Hour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.