Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,706 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

Google Launches Google+ To Battle Facebook [pics] - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Google Launches Google+ To Battle Facebook [pics] (9841 Views)

Google To Promote Secure Websites (HTTPS) In Search Results / Google To Kill Google Reader / Google Launches "get Nigerian Businesses Online" - Gnbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Google Launches Google+ To Battle Facebook [pics] by DeGenius3(m): 8:19pm On Jul 03, 2011
Google Is Very Innovative.
Re: Google Launches Google+ To Battle Facebook [pics] by N101: 8:47pm On Jul 03, 2011
Omo_Tier1:

well fellas like me will stick to what we know.

my yahoo e-mail is over 11years old, my hotmail is over 10years old, didn't bother with gmail 'cos it didn't offer me anything new per say.

G+ maybe a game changer or a boredom!Again, it really has no effect on those of us who never bother with facebook on our d2d living.
I have a Yahoo email address for well over a decade, still use it but not as much as my Google account. I used to have a Hotmail address but stopped using that years ago because of too much spamming. Thing is, I hardly advertised the address, but after the same happened with a second Hotmail account, I gave up.

My Yahoo account gets more spam than my Google account. Plus there were loads more things I could do with my Google account that I can't with my Yahoo account. As the saying goes, different strokes for different folks.

I agree with you in part on Google +. It may work for those of us who use Google in a variety of ways and have lots of Google contacts.
Re: Google Launches Google+ To Battle Facebook [pics] by islamrules(m): 10:56pm On Jul 03, 2011
Google is always more than facebook. Poeple just make comments without facts. Youtube is own by Google, the size of youtube is more than facebook.
Google is going into Socionet, Facebook needs to be scared.

Remember there are:

Google Earth
Android for phones (owned by Google)
Google GIS
Gmail
Google Search
Google Apps
and many more.
Mennnn, facebook is only 1/5 of google. Knowledgeable person should prove me wrong
Google Adsence and Adwords larger than facebook advertisement
Re: Google Launches Google+ To Battle Facebook [pics] by odelu(m): 11:14pm On Jul 03, 2011
a welcome competition, facebook need it
Re: Google Launches Google+ To Battle Facebook [pics] by stunna2(m): 11:51pm On Jul 03, 2011
Facebook membership just recently peaked in my country and has started declining, !
over here, people are very fickle and technology comes and goes so fast and those of us from the internet 1.0 generation - getting our 1st yahoo email accounts in the early 90s know this that the only constant in tech business is change!

whomever gets it right the most will win more members, until the latest fad comes along!

dont rule out google just yet or even facebook because as Apple has shown, tech companies can resurrect themselves from the dead!

anyone remembers Webcrawler or Napster?? what about IRC chat rooms?? Netscape, anyone??
Re: Google Launches Google+ To Battle Facebook [pics] by airmark(m): 12:28am On Jul 04, 2011
Goo[b]GLE[/b] will strug[b]GLE[/b] but hope they dont tum[b]BLE[/b] when some expect them to fum[b]BLE[/b] - Not in the Bi[b]BLE[/b]
Re: Google Launches Google+ To Battle Facebook [pics] by oladayo042: 1:03am On Jul 04, 2011
The demo was just superb.
Re: Google Launches Google+ To Battle Facebook [pics] by earlalright(m): 9:44am On Jul 04, 2011
two big internet companies i will always respect their innovations and drive is Yahoo and Google - nobody fit commot these guys from market; dem dey vex for their business. not facebook, twitter or the likes can threaten them. Hi5 and others tried, but them no fit. i go like buy shares for these guys company. very soon
Re: Google Launches Google+ To Battle Facebook [pics] by luluosas(m): 12:35pm On Jul 04, 2011
airmark:

Goo[b]GLE[/b] will strug[b]GLE[/b] but hope they dont tum[b]BLE[/b] when some expect them to fum[b]BLE[/b] - Not in the Bi[b]BLE[/b]
You too much for this your post.
Re: Google Launches Google+ To Battle Facebook [pics] by duke4ever: 12:36pm On Jul 04, 2011
google!!!! Google!!!! Gooooooogle!!!! How many times did I call u? Hope u have not started another project TINAPA? Hmmmm! Just thinking out loud. No offence.
Re: Google Launches Google+ To Battle Facebook [pics] by favouredjb(f): 1:08pm On Jul 04, 2011
I m so sure zuckerberg wont be resting on his oars
Re: Google Launches Google+ To Battle Facebook [pics] by denzel2009: 1:37pm On Jul 04, 2011
favouredjb:

I m so sure zuckerberg wont be resting on his oars

When the time comes to bow out, there's nothing he can do. Remember these ones

Bebo
Blackplanet
Hi5
myspace

So many people are deactivating their facebook accounts everyday, so it's a matter of time before they close shop. However, it would leave an indelible footprint.

BTW, most of the Asians prefer TencentQQ to facebook.
Re: Google Launches Google+ To Battle Facebook [pics] by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jul 04, 2011
The biggest media company in the world has done it again. I already have an account but i havent updated my profile, just enjoying the gmail. Google has the mail, the social platform, the voice and face chat, everything you need. Them too much. am stiill hooked to facebook where most of my friends are.
Re: Google Launches Google+ To Battle Facebook [pics] by Laajman(m): 1:09am On Jul 05, 2011
Does this signal the end of facebook?
What's going to happen to their $70bb valuation?

In fact, they've been downplaying their attrition rate in North America.
Feweer people log onto facebook these days. Seems like those guys are not turning out
ideas as fast as they should. Whatever happened to the proposed fb email anyway?
Re: Google Launches Google+ To Battle Facebook [pics] by zenus(m): 12:11pm On Jul 05, 2011
Google will definately zoom over facebook.
Google has alot of features and still adding more to his network.
Re: Google Launches Google+ To Battle Facebook [pics] by beautylash: 4:49pm On Jul 05, 2011
Google is God !!!!!!!!, If they bring Virus on board, Believe me i will buy!!
Re: Google Launches Google+ To Battle Facebook [pics] by Afam4eva(m): 8:28pm On Jul 05, 2011
The social marketing business is one of the most unstable. One minute you're the toast of millions of users the next your relevance is reduced to a level that can at best be described as abbysmal.
Re: Google Launches Google+ To Battle Facebook [pics] by item: 3:33pm On Jul 06, 2011
Hay All,

This is now open to the public, check it below:

http://incomepanel.com/google-plus-now-open-to-the-public/

Cheers!
Re: Google Launches Google+ To Battle Facebook [pics] by guru01(m): 10:29pm On Jul 06, 2011
Come 2015, google will compete with microsoft.
Very soon expect Google OS.
Re: Google Launches Google+ To Battle Facebook [pics] by luluosas(m): 3:43pm On Jul 07, 2011
guru01:

Come 2015, google will compete with microsoft.
Very soon expect Google OS.

Very possible.
Re: Google Launches Google+ To Battle Facebook [pics] by zenus(m): 5:31pm On Jul 07, 2011
luluosas:

Very possible.

They already have but not yet announce
Re: Google Launches Google+ To Battle Facebook [pics] by luluosas(m): 7:18pm On Jul 07, 2011
zenus:

They already have but not yet announce

It's ok, thanks for the info.
Re: Google Launches Google+ To Battle Facebook [pics] by smmdeskcom: 7:14am On Sep 26, 2012
Google is perfect from me

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hot Naija Forum / How Do I Add "Like Me On Facebook" On My Blog? / Tutorial: How To Create An Attractive Blog With Blogger From Scratch In 1 Hour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.