Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,903 members, 7,828,184 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

What's The Effect Of Nuclear War On Africa - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / What's The Effect Of Nuclear War On Africa (635 Views)

Putin Announces Partial Mobilisation, Threatens Use Of Nuclear Weapons / The Hidden Underground City In Finland Built In Case Of Nuclear War (Pictures) / America’s $200m “doomsday” Plane That Protects Vips In Event Of A Nuclear War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Effect Of Nuclear War On Africa by Ecomfreecourse: 6:46pm On Mar 04, 2022
Guys please I want to know how nuclear war can affect Africa. Am asking this question because Ive in some many publications were they said nuclear weapon can wipe the entire earth and humans in it.

I read in one article that USA nuclear war head is more than all the bombs in world war11

I also watched one secret documentary ,the project blue book" were an alien captured around 1964 said a man condemned international will cause nuclear war which the after only a million of our kind will survive, that's why am asking to know more about this nuclear stuff

Re: What's The Effect Of Nuclear War On Africa by Nobody: 6:46pm On Mar 04, 2022
Sorry,do you mean if it was targeted at Africa or the effect it's gonna have generally?
Re: What's The Effect Of Nuclear War On Africa by Ecomfreecourse: 6:51pm On Mar 04, 2022
Wisesaying001:
Sorry,do you mean if it was targeted at Africa or the effect it's gonna have generally?
yes the effect generally

1 Like

Re: What's The Effect Of Nuclear War On Africa by Ecos(m): 6:57pm On Mar 04, 2022
grin Is Africa a name of person? angry
Re: What's The Effect Of Nuclear War On Africa by Nobody: 7:04pm On Mar 04, 2022
Ecomfreecourse:
yes the effect generally
There are many variables that need to be taken into consideration when calculating the effects of a nuclear blast. Terrain and type of bomb, nuclear or thermonuclear, and size of the warhead in terms of kilotons or megatons. This should help you in understanding the different effects of an atomic explosion.After explosion, existence is no more forever. No return.
Damage comes from the intense heat created, along with the blast effects that break things. An additional effect is the atomic radiation that is released- but that generally causes little or no damage to property.
The largest ever nuclear explosion (a weapon test) would demolish any building within about 28km. I’m referring to the RDS-220 AKA “Tsar Bomba” tested by the soviets in November of 1961.

Keep in mind that It takes several nukes to destroy a large city. Depending on how you classed destroyed. For reference it might take the entire UK's active nuclear arsenal of 40x W-76 warheads to utterly destroy Tokyo. It would take 5–8 Tsar Bombs to utterly destroy a city like New York City.

The damage can be unimaginable.
Is that understood?

1 Like

Re: What's The Effect Of Nuclear War On Africa by Coronavirus123: 7:09pm On Mar 04, 2022
grin
Re: What's The Effect Of Nuclear War On Africa by Ecomfreecourse: 8:03pm On Mar 04, 2022
Wisesaying001:

There are many variables that need to be taken into consideration when calculating the effects of a nuclear blast. Terrain and type of bomb, nuclear or thermonuclear, and size of the warhead in terms of kilotons or megatons. This should help you in understanding the different effects of an atomic explosion.After explosion, existence is no more forever. No return.
Damage comes from the intense heat created, along with the blast effects that break things. An additional effect is the atomic radiation that is released- but that generally causes little or no damage to property.
The largest ever nuclear explosion (a weapon test) would demolish any building within about 28km. I’m referring to the RDS-220 AKA “Tsar Bomba” tested by the soviets in November of 1961.

Keep in mind that It takes several nukes to destroy a large city. Depending on how you classed destroyed. For reference it might take the entire UK's active nuclear arsenal of 40x W-76 warheads to utterly destroy Tokyo. It would take 5–8 Tsar Bombs to utterly destroy a city like New York City.

The damage can be unimaginable.
Is that understood?
Very well understood.

Thanks
Re: What's The Effect Of Nuclear War On Africa by sunboy(m): 11:58pm On Mar 04, 2022
Ecomfreecourse:
yes the effect generally

In my opinion…
If a nuclear war between the East and West happen, I’d expect all US bases be nuked, and that includes the ones in Africa too. Nuclear fall outs that will easily spread across the rest of Africa due to the poor state of our borders. That is a direct effect.

Indirect effect; survivals from East, West may likely move to Africa if Africa has less direct effects. So I’d expect influx of people from around the world from worse affected areas to less affected parts of the world.
Nuclear fall outs will most definitely affect all the water, especially pacific and Atlantic.

In the end, directly or indirectly… we will all feel the impact of a major nuclear way between East (Russia, China and allies) and West (US and allies)

I pray we never get to this level before the world decide to get rid of nuclear weapons.
Re: What's The Effect Of Nuclear War On Africa by panafrican(m): 12:12am On Mar 05, 2022
We are not part of their nuke war.
Re: What's The Effect Of Nuclear War On Africa by Ecomfreecourse: 10:05am On Mar 06, 2022
sunboy:

In my opinion…
If a nuclear war between the East and West happen, I’d expect all US bases be nuked, and that includes the ones in Africa too. Nuclear fall outs that will easily spread across the rest of Africa due to the poor state of our borders. That is a direct effect.

Indirect effect; survivals from East, West may likely move to Africa if Africa has less direct effects. So I’d expect influx of people from around the world from worse affected areas to less affected parts of the world.
Nuclear fall outs will most definitely affect all the water, especially pacific and Atlantic.

In the end, directly or indirectly… we will all feel the impact of a major nuclear way between East (Russia, China and allies) and West (US and allies)

I pray we never get to this level before the world decide to get rid of nuclear weapons.
I pray oo
Re: What's The Effect Of Nuclear War On Africa by sapientia(m): 12:52pm On Mar 06, 2022
Africa will just wait to die off

(1) (Reply)

Putin’s Fuel Ships Asked To Leave For Good: Seven Russian Big Haulers Return To / US Deploys "Live" F-15 Fighter Jets In Response To China's J-20 Combat Patrols / Lockheed Hypersonic Weapon Moves To Next Phase After US Air Force Test Success

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.