Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,542 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

The Consensus Against Tinubu - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Consensus Against Tinubu (27838 Views)

Breaking News : Tinubu Chosen As The Consensus APC / GEJ Is The Consensus Candidate Of Aso Rock Cabals / Repudiating The Article “the Consensus Against Tinubu” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Consensus Against Tinubu by jaxxy(m): 10:10am On Mar 05, 2022
olatuns2017:

Calm down

Go and learn before you type Tinubu

Tinubu 2023 is sure

Don't deceive yourself

Jubril is our president;you remember?

Paraga is not good. See Wetin e dey cause. grin

1 Like

Re: The Consensus Against Tinubu by CatANDratTHEORY: 10:10am On Mar 05, 2022
drlateef:

[s]Are you a doctor? Where did you train to be a doctor? Tell me what disease he has got in that picture. [/s]

I give up. Your matter pass me
undecided
Re: The Consensus Against Tinubu by legallyminded: 10:10am On Mar 05, 2022
Enemyofpeace:
yes now, the handwriting was there right from the first term Buhari resumed office in 2015. I’m happy that Tinubu is going to lose out, mainly because he brought this evil government on Nigerians

Eyah, let's condole with helinues, the vulturegriller @, princeoflagos. The vulturegriller is confused as today he's pro-Tinubu and tomorrow he's pro-Osinbanjo
Re: The Consensus Against Tinubu by Devil1Messenger: 10:11am On Mar 05, 2022
shinealight:

Your claim that nPDP controlled all the listed States is disputable! Was Saraki controlling Kwara then? Was Atiku controlling Adamawa? Was Tambuwal controlling Sokoto? Was El Rufai controlling Kaduna, etc. These guys were influential “individuals” not necessarily in control of the political machinery of the State which had their own opinionated governors (not stooges).
Now babagida aliu was the then gov of Niger state and double as the chairman of northern govs forum so he has says in his state at least

2. Dakwabo was the gov of gombe state then. Tambuwal was speaker of house of rep along side gov wamako who was sokoto state gov den. Saraki was a god in kwara state then, he controlled gov Ahmed.
Atiku control adamawa which u can testify that wen he left the state went back to PDP.
Kwakwaso owes kano which u can testify that wen he left it became difficult for APC to win even with federal might.
Do u want me to continue listing them for U?
Mind u o, votes in South west was almost shared equally between APC and PDP as compared to over 80 to 90% the norths brought to the table.
Do u still want more proves that tinubu only play a part and not a major role
Re: The Consensus Against Tinubu by olatuns2017: 10:12am On Mar 05, 2022
jaxxy:

Paraga is not good. See Wetin e dey cause. grin

1 Share

Re: The Consensus Against Tinubu by GoodGovernance: 10:13am On Mar 05, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

And how's that an issue. Do you mean a party chair candidate from the north will refuse to back down when he is asked to?
Tell me another one

His backing down must be documented.

Nobody can force a candidate again.

That is the law!
Re: The Consensus Against Tinubu by Agbegbaorogboye: 10:14am On Mar 05, 2022
GoodGovernance:

His backing down must be documented.

Nobody can force a candidate again.

That is the law!
His absence is also a sign of backing down hope you know
Re: The Consensus Against Tinubu by Charly68: 10:16am On Mar 05, 2022
Let everyone be writting what they like , only God will decide who to govern Nigeria .. no matter the decision made by anyone.. God has several ways of solving a problem for his own. Apart from this God has customized solution to every problem.. read 1Cor 10:13 ... Jagaban has nothing to worry about
.. only God shall take the glory not man
Re: The Consensus Against Tinubu by Devil1Messenger: 10:19am On Mar 05, 2022
SIRTee15:

Buhari won heavily in those northern states 2ce but couldn't be president. So what changed in 2015?
Leave it or take it, tinubu made Buhari president. Fact.
Lolz... was there new PDP then? was there okorocha APGA? Was there ANPP?
Who were the guys that financed buhari 2015 election? Do u know anybody called kwakwaso, saraki, Amechi oil money, Atiku, Babagida Aliu? Etc
Maybe u were too young in 2015 to know what happened then. When buhari said some people cannot seat in Lagos and made decision for the party, u think he doesn't know what he was saying?. Tinubu only played a part my dear. Ur fact is wrong.
Re: The Consensus Against Tinubu by History555: 10:22am On Mar 05, 2022
badoh:

Answer this question? Why was he not able to take power when he was in CPC. He had three failed attempt not until the merger was formed. Why not give every interested candidates a level playing ground to test their popularity at the primaries instead of trying to force or choose through consensus. Tinubu is not saying you should adopt him as a consensus candidate and that's the reason he was moving around to solicit for support all over the country such that during primaries, he would have greater support.

U talk as if Nigerian politicians are principled people. Nigeria politicians are after one goal.... winning. How he wins, he doesn't care
Re: The Consensus Against Tinubu by BabbanBura(m): 10:23am On Mar 05, 2022
CatANDratTHEORY:
For those who couldn't read through, here is the summary.

The article says that despite the role played by Sen. Tinubu in bringing Gen. Buhari to power, that Buhari isn't willing to reciprocate the gesture to Tinubu.

How do we know? Buhari's appointment of Sen. Abdullahi as the APC chairman spells doom for Sen. Tinubu.

The article says that the kingmaker has resigned himself to fate. Indeed, to the distress of some political commentators Tinubu has reduced himself, running around in a way not fitting for a kingmaker of his status.

The article also says that unlike those that came before Gen. Buhari, that the general controls the utmost power in APC. There are no alternative power centres within APC. The general will always have his way.

Guy you are super great in comprehension and summary - weldone!
Re: The Consensus Against Tinubu by History555: 10:24am On Mar 05, 2022
GoodGovernance:

Please go and read the new electoral law.

Buhari can never impose any candidate without others agreeing in writing.

You guys supporting this big trash write up from vanguard ,are still living in the past.

The new electoral act is pushing Nigeria progressively forward.

Who will oppose buhari...... tinubu. Pls
Re: The Consensus Against Tinubu by seunmsg(m): 10:25am On Mar 05, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

Leave presidential candidate for now. The first hurdle is party chair. The party chair will be by consensus.
I'm even surprised you now agree your APC seems to be learning from PDP how to conduct its affairs.
I once told you APC 2023 will be like PDP 2007 and you argued otherwise. See you now.

See what exactly? Oyegun was elected by consensus. Oshiomole was elected by consensus. So, what’s new if the next APC national chairman is ejected through consensus?

The Chairman of the party will not determine the presidential candidate of the party. That the party chairman emerged through consensus doesn’t mean the presidential candidate will emerged through consensus. You can bookmark this comment, the APC presidential candidate will not emerge through consensus but from a competitive primary election.
Re: The Consensus Against Tinubu by History555: 10:27am On Mar 05, 2022
olatuns2017:

Ibos/PDP keep your angers

Tinubu played his politics without waging war

He won for his team by ballots

Stop hating your master

You wished him dead during covid-19
You prayed he never recovery
You wish PMB fight HIm
You wished Pasto fight him
You want Aregbe to face him
You do LL sorts of fake videos

Can't you guys think out of your quagmire

Tinubu is always ahead of your heads

Anyways

We have not forgotten Jubril is our president

If you don't get it froget about it

U mean Samuel ogundipe of people gazette is lgbo
Re: The Consensus Against Tinubu by SIRTee15: 10:31am On Mar 05, 2022
Devil1Messenger:

Before I will answer ur question
Please answer these too, was ACN the only party that merge with CPC then? What happened to atiku and his new PDP, what happened to ANPP? Why is okorocha APGA not being mentioned?
80% of the finances they used in 2015 came from New PDP guys. Atiku, Amechi, Kwakwaso, Saraki, Babagida Aliu, etc. 70% of the votes buhari got came from the New PDP guys. Adamawa, kaduna, kano, katsina, borno, etc
Why are u people making it as if it was Tinubu that made him president, when actually it was the new nPDP guys. U guys think buhari doesn't know all these?
Without the nPDP guys, buhari will never have become president. That's the fact except u were not in Nigeria in 2015.

Which npdp gov..people that lost their states to buhari in 2011.
Pls go and check the 2011 election result. Buhari won kano, Kaduna, Katsina, gombe, adamawa, zamfara, yobe, bauchi, jigawa, niger, sokoto. It doesn't matter if the gov were pdp or not. He cleared most northern states yet couldn't become president.

In 2015, Tinubu used the media to rebrand and introduced buhari to Nigerians as a reformist n a genuine nationalist who has the magic broom to instill discipline and defeat corruption. All of a sudden we started hearing buhari driver is ibo, his cook is from calabar, he allowed his daughter to marry benue man. Gullible nigerians swallowed the bull.shit sold by Tinubu. That was the game changer.

Tinubu also used his influence to ensure foreign powers back buhari. Foreign powers made it clear to Jonathan he wasn't coming back.
Below is the picture of USA foreign secretary meeting with opposition stalwarts in 2015 prior to the election. Where are your so called northern npdp gov.

Funny thing is when u guys want to curse buhari for messing up nigerians, u suddenly remember it was tinubu that forced him on nigerians.

I don't like tinubu and I hope he's disappointed in 2023 but yes he made buhari president. Fact.

1 Share

Re: The Consensus Against Tinubu by Kaiser20: 10:31am On Mar 05, 2022
Buhari would have anointed Mr Tinubu, but that would have been so risky taking into consideration of Tinubu's corrupt way life.
Tinubu would have personalized Nigeria resources as he did to Lagos.
Re: The Consensus Against Tinubu by seyz91(m): 10:32am On Mar 05, 2022
cheesy abi
joyandfaith:
It is only myopic person that would think Tinubu would succeed Buhari.
Re: The Consensus Against Tinubu by Brian47(m): 10:38am On Mar 05, 2022
Why do ppl want to vote this old man.
Aren't you guys tired of suffering in this country?
Re: The Consensus Against Tinubu by Devil1Messenger: 10:40am On Mar 05, 2022
SIRTee15:

Which npdp gov..people that lost their states to buhari in 2011.
Pls go and check the 2011 election result. Buhari won kano, Kaduna, Katsina, gombe, adamawa, zamfara, yobe, bauchi, jigawa, niger, sokoto. It doesn't matter if the gov were pdp or not. He cleared most northern states yet couldn't become president.

In 2015, Tinubu used the media to rebrand and introduced buhari to Nigerians as a reformist n a genuine nationalist who has the magic broom to instill discipline and defeat corruption. All of a sudden we started hearing buhari driver is ibo, his cook is from calabar, he allowed his daughter to marry benue man. Gullible nigerians swallowed the bull.shit sold by Tinubu. That was the game changer.

Tinubu also used his influence to ensure foreign powers back buhari. Foreign powers made it clear to Jonathan he wasn't coming back.
Below is the picture of USA foreign secretary meeting with opposition stalwarts in 2015 prior to the election. Where are your so called northern npdp gov.

Funny thing is when u guys want to curse buhari for messing up nigerians, u suddenly remember it was tinubu that forced him on nigerians.

I don't like tinubu and I hope he's disappointed in 2023 but yes he made buhari president. Fact.
I will not dig facts or argue with u on these because u are totally wrong.
Here is my point;
Shey he branded buhari? Let him go and brand himself the same way.
Shey he has foreign influence?
Let him go and use same foreign influence to make buhari choose him
Shey has plenty broom?
Ok let him go and use the broom sweep buhari people out of aso rock.
Shey he made buhari president by losing ekiti(a South west state) and Edo( an APC state) to PDP?
Oya let him use the same method he used in making buhari president to make himself president. Or has the method failed him now that he needed it most?
Case closed

1 Like

Re: The Consensus Against Tinubu by shinealight(m): 10:41am On Mar 05, 2022
Devil1Messenger:

Now babagida aliu was the then gov of Niger state and double as the chairman of northern govs forum so he has says in his state at least

2. Dakwabo was the gov of gombe state then. Tambuwal was speaker of house of rep along side gov wamako who was sokoto state gov den. Saraki was a god in kwara state then, he controlled gov Ahmed.
Atiku control adamawa which u can testify that wen he left the state went back to PDP.
Kwakwaso owes kano which u can testify that wen he left it became difficult for APC to win even with federal might.
Do u want me to continue listing them for U?
Mind u o, votes in South west was almost shared equally between APC and PDP as compared to over 80 to 90% the norths brought to the table.
Do u still want more proves that tinubu only play a part and not a major role

He played a critical role by bringing five governors to the Merger! Do you know what a Merger is? ….it means completely giving up your own identity and showing the willingness to subsume your personal preferences under someone else’s dictation. It was a major sacrifice ….which he may even be regretting now considering the way he’s being treated.
You are merely talking about individual influences which may also count for something as every support is worthy of note but all those individual contributions are as Nothing when it comes to birthing a new enterprise or organisation.
It is like disputing the role of a Woman in childbirth and saying that the father and the rest of the family also helped. Yes, no doubt….but the Woman who goes into labour and voluntarily puts herself between life and death can never be pushed aside!!
Re: The Consensus Against Tinubu by SIRTee15: 10:42am On Mar 05, 2022
shinealight:

The content of this write-up is all the figment of the writer’s imagination and wishful thinking. Consensus as a tool can be used positively or negatively…depending on where you stand.
Why do people think that Buhari would choose to be such an Ingrate towards someone who gave you a lifeline after you had failed three times. The Consensus, if it’s ever used, can equally be deployed in favour of Tinubu rather than against him.

It would be too blatantly unjust to use Consensus against Tinubu….if they really don’t want him, they would prefer if he loses in a free and fair contest as in Direct/Indirect Primaries. So, people should stop flying these ridiculous kites of scheming Tinubu out….it will not happen….or APC is as good as dead!!

Buhari will stab tinubu in the face not his back and nothing will happen. Buhari never promised tinubu he will replace him come 2023. That agreement is just an imagination of tinubu and his supporters.
Buhari and the north do not care if APC is dead or not after 2023. Apc has done what its meant to do...bring power back to the north. They can always float another party after APC funeral.
Yorubas in apc are the ones deluded about the need for yoruba presidency for apc to remain viable. Other Nigerian don't care.
Re: The Consensus Against Tinubu by Agbegbaorogboye: 10:44am On Mar 05, 2022
seunmsg:

See what exactly? Oyegun was elected by consensus. Oshiomole was elected by consensus. So, what’s new if the next APC national chairman is ejected through consensus?

The Chairman of the party will not determine the presidential candidate of the party. That the party chairman emerged through consensus doesn’t mean the presidential candidate will emerged through consensus. You can bookmark this comment, the APC presidential candidate will not emerge through consensus but from a competitive primary election.
I totally agree. But you know the chair has an important role to play on who emerges candidate.
Besides, who controls the chair controls the party.
I've never heard a party candidate emerge against the party hierarchy
Re: The Consensus Against Tinubu by GoodGovernance: 10:48am On Mar 05, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

His absence is also a sign of backing down hope you know
That is not the law.

Consensus is on or before the D-Day.
Absence without any documented purported consensus,is a nullity.

You would have to make all other contestants absent or kill them if you are so cannibalistic,all because of consensus.
Re: The Consensus Against Tinubu by shinealight(m): 10:53am On Mar 05, 2022
SIRTee15:

Buhari will stab tinubu in the face not his back and nothing will happen. Buhari never promised tinubu he will replace him come 2023. That agreement is just an imagination of tinubu and his supporters.
Buhari and the north do not care if APC is dead or not after 2023. Apc has done what its meant to do...bring power back to the north. They can always float another party after APC funeral.
Yorubas in apc are the ones deluded about the need for yoruba presidency for apc to remain viable. Other Nigerian don't care.

It’s amazing how you allow your personal wishes to enter into a discussion when complete objectivity is required. All that you just wrote is what YOU would do and would like Buhari to do. Thank Heavens he has more sense than to listen to people like you!
Re: The Consensus Against Tinubu by Agbegbaorogboye: 10:54am On Mar 05, 2022
GoodGovernance:

That is not the law.

Consensus is on or before the D-Day.
Absence without any documented purported consensus,is a nullity.

You would have to make all other contestants absent or kill them if you are so cannibalistic,all because of consensus.
You still don't get how politics is played by strongmen.
Go ask how OBJ did it in 2007. I'm waiting to see who will have the audacity to march into the venue and disagree with Buhari's consensus.
Re: The Consensus Against Tinubu by SIRTee15: 10:57am On Mar 05, 2022
Devil1Messenger:

I will not dig facts or argue with u on these because u are totally wrong.
Here is my point;
Shey he branded buhari? Let him go and brand himself the same way.
Shey he has foreign influence?
Let him go and use same foreign influence to make buhari choose him
Shey has plenty broom?
Ok let him go and use the broom sweep buhari people out of aso rock.
Shey he made buhari president by losing ekiti(a South west state) and Edo( an APC state) to PDP?
Oya let him use the same method he used in making buhari president to make himself president. Or has the method failed him now that he needed it most?
Case closed

Your argument has nothing to do with tinubu 2023 ambition. It's to make it clear that the single most significant factor that made buhari president in 2015 was Tinubu.
Buhari has been winning northern states prior to 2015 but couldn't become president. Fact.
Tinubu changed his story. Fact.
I'm not wrong because facts don't lie.
Re: The Consensus Against Tinubu by seunmsg(m): 10:58am On Mar 05, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

I totally agree. But you know the chair has an important role to play on who emerges candidate.
Besides, who controls the chair controls the party.
I've never heard a party candidate emerge against the party hierarchy

Wike singlehandedly appointed Secondus as the national chairman of PDP but it was Atiku that emerged as the candidate of the party against the desire of Wike.
Re: The Consensus Against Tinubu by SocialJustice: 10:58am On Mar 05, 2022
seunmsg:
Absolute nonsense. APC will conduct its presidential convention and all interested aspirants will contest. That the party want to select its national chairman through consensus doesn’t mean same will apply to the presidential flag bearer.

Ayu emerged as PDP national chairman through consensus but the presidential candidate will be decided through a competitive party primary. Same will happen in APC.
Read to understand. Consensus is now part of Nigeria's constitution.
Re: The Consensus Against Tinubu by Tomigyer(m): 10:59am On Mar 05, 2022
Good for him!
Re: The Consensus Against Tinubu by seunmsg(m): 11:00am On Mar 05, 2022
SocialJustice:
Read to understand. Consensus is now part of Nigeria's constitution.

Smh.
Re: The Consensus Against Tinubu by NigeriaEngineer(m): 11:01am On Mar 05, 2022
CatANDratTHEORY:
For those who couldn't read through, here is the summary.

The article says that despite the role played by Sen. Tinubu in bringing Gen. Buhari to power, that Buhari isn't willing to reciprocate the gesture to Tinubu.

How do we know? Buhari's appointment of Sen. Abdullahi as the APC chairman spells doom for Sen. Tinubu.

The article says that the kingmaker has resigned himself to fate. Indeed, to the distress of some political commentators Tinubu has reduced himself, running around in a way not fitting for a kingmaker of his status.

The article also says that unlike those that came before Gen. Buhari, that the general controls the utmost power in APC. There are no alternative power centres within APC. The general will always have his way.
thank you for the sumnary jare. Na how to get fuel dey my head this morning.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Will Be Expelled From APC In Kano — Bashir Ahmad / VIDEO: Kwarans Boo, Praise APC Guber Candidate, Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq / 2019: Muhammadu Buhari Campaigns In Delta State (More Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.