Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Snoring Heavily In The Sleep, What Is The Solution. - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Snoring Heavily In The Sleep, What Is The Solution. (41349 Views)

Heavily Pregnant Woman Spotted Smoking, Sparks Reactions (Video) / Ghanaian Nurse Commits Suicide After She Was Heavily Teased By Her Friends / Talking In Your Sleep, What Causes It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Snoring Heavily In The Sleep, What Is The Solution. by Optimistguy1969: 10:12pm On Mar 05, 2022
Re: Snoring Heavily In The Sleep, What Is The Solution. by ifeoma2611(f): 10:12pm On Mar 05, 2022
Good
Re: Snoring Heavily In The Sleep, What Is The Solution. by Prechgold1180(m): 10:12pm On Mar 05, 2022
Heavy slap helps

Just position the slap angle 90 adjacent to his face cordial colibra

If e snore again after this mk I bend

1 Like

Re: Snoring Heavily In The Sleep, What Is The Solution. by Tovard(m): 10:13pm On Mar 05, 2022
Sometimes, it is hereditary.

Encourage him to take enough water before bedtime �

1 Like

Re: Snoring Heavily In The Sleep, What Is The Solution. by daveP(m): 10:14pm On Mar 05, 2022
Fellow should sleep on tummy and use more pillows. It should help.

2 Likes

Re: Snoring Heavily In The Sleep, What Is The Solution. by whitemand4(m): 10:14pm On Mar 05, 2022
Hot slap
Re: Snoring Heavily In The Sleep, What Is The Solution. by Obesity(m): 10:14pm On Mar 05, 2022
MrSensor:
Try to suffocate him every time he snores. cheesy

The child that says his/her mother will not sleep during the night must not sleep too.

You must be a witch grin

1 Like

Re: Snoring Heavily In The Sleep, What Is The Solution. by Nobody: 10:16pm On Mar 05, 2022
Chef2000:
There is this roommate of mine and a friend who snores heavily during his sleep.

This is not that normal snoring we experience the one I am talking about is heavy and seems like life is chocking out of him, the snore is heavy that someone living 3 doors away will hear him snoring with ease.

And this snore will begin exactly 30 mins in his sleep it may occasionally stop and then begins again, he doesn't get to hear it because he is fast asleep but it's disturbing me and makes my night restless.

He has talked with one doctor and he gave him some drugs but it didn't work.

Please is there anyone here with a useful information like the drugs he will take or something like that, lets join hands and save a soul.

1.If he is overweight or obese, he should lose some weight.(He may also need a CPAP machine when he sleeps..but that's too too expensive...!)

2.If not, he should elevate his head, and sleep on a pillow.

3.He should also be checked out by an ENT doctor, for anything that could be obstructing his upper airways.

See here for more.

1 Like

Re: Snoring Heavily In The Sleep, What Is The Solution. by Landowner101(m): 10:16pm On Mar 05, 2022
Just cover his mouth with a pillow
Re: Snoring Heavily In The Sleep, What Is The Solution. by osazsky(m): 10:17pm On Mar 05, 2022
Take strong antibiorics at times just like cattar...internally u may be strongling with some bact. That cause slight blocksge around ur nasal cavity which csuses snorring..but its not an issue
.leave with it

1 Like

Re: Snoring Heavily In The Sleep, What Is The Solution. by Yankee101: 10:17pm On Mar 05, 2022
Could be sleep apnea
See a doctor
Lose weight

3 Likes

Re: Snoring Heavily In The Sleep, What Is The Solution. by merits(m): 10:20pm On Mar 05, 2022
Chef2000:
There is this roommate of mine and a friend who snores heavily during his sleep.

This is not that normal snoring we experience the one I am talking about is heavy and seems like life is chocking out of him, the snore is heavy that someone living 3 doors away will hear him snoring with ease.

And this snore will begin exactly 30 mins in his sleep it may occasionally stop and then begins again, he doesn't get to hear it because he is fast asleep but it's disturbing me and makes my night restless.

He has talked with one doctor and he gave him some drugs but it didn't work.

Please is there anyone here with a useful information like the drugs he will take or something like that, lets join hands and save a soul.
Tell us you are the one snoring,stop lieing abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Snoring Heavily In The Sleep, What Is The Solution. by SimplePlan34: 10:20pm On Mar 05, 2022
Tell him to cut a rubber pad thick one that can hold his tounge in place. It's discomforting
Re: Snoring Heavily In The Sleep, What Is The Solution. by Bigchristo: 10:21pm On Mar 05, 2022
immortalcrown:

Some time ago, I came across a post that says there is a new electronic bangle that stops snoring.
Are you serious? I need am jor after work na heavy snoring but I don’t hear it sha na my wife Dey complain, nor be say I fat oh lol grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Snoring Heavily In The Sleep, What Is The Solution. by cardoctor(m): 10:21pm On Mar 05, 2022
Just block ur ears and thank me later
Re: Snoring Heavily In The Sleep, What Is The Solution. by kapelvej: 10:22pm On Mar 05, 2022
immortalcrown:

Some time ago, I came across a post that says there is a new electronic bangle that stops snoring.
I can pay anything for this. Please how so I get it
Re: Snoring Heavily In The Sleep, What Is The Solution. by charlesdinho7(m): 10:23pm On Mar 05, 2022
qekng40:
If the person sleep near you, na to dey give am better kick or slap so that they'll reset!
bad girl. lol
Re: Snoring Heavily In The Sleep, What Is The Solution. by Leebeedo(m): 10:24pm On Mar 05, 2022
He probably has sleep apnea
Re: Snoring Heavily In The Sleep, What Is The Solution. by omoadeleye(m): 10:26pm On Mar 05, 2022
I once saw one tool that looks like a small basket like this, na anti snoring, i don't know if it works sha
Re: Snoring Heavily In The Sleep, What Is The Solution. by JustforMen: 10:27pm On Mar 05, 2022
qekng40:
If the person sleep near you, na to dey give am better kick or slap so that they'll reset!

You sound like a chronic snorer!
Ha ha ha ha grin grin grin
Re: Snoring Heavily In The Sleep, What Is The Solution. by Equal2DeTask(m): 10:27pm On Mar 05, 2022
tongue
Re: Snoring Heavily In The Sleep, What Is The Solution. by Iamolukorede(m): 10:28pm On Mar 05, 2022
As much as I hate snoring, I think it is natural or that he might be stressed. Infact maybe he's sleeping position ..

Don't just begin to administer drug s on him. Watch him closely, what could be the cause of it and ask him questions, if it was a family inheritance or something. Get to the foundation first and then you will know the next moving forward with therapy.
Re: Snoring Heavily In The Sleep, What Is The Solution. by GideonG(m): 10:28pm On Mar 05, 2022
I am a chronic snorer but I think it's meditation that healed me
Re: Snoring Heavily In The Sleep, What Is The Solution. by suffering: 10:30pm On Mar 05, 2022
I suffer from this and I can tell you from experience; there is no solution. Turn him to his side, it will open his airway and stop the act temporarily. Surgery is a temporary solution. The doctor who gave him drugs should be arrested, there are no known drugs to cure snoring. I read somewhere that playing a didgeridoo frequently strengthens the flappy muscles involved in snoring. I will try it sometime in the future and report here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Snoring Heavily In The Sleep, What Is The Solution. by Odidigboigbo(m): 10:31pm On Mar 05, 2022
dawnomike:
he should try and sleep more on his side or tummy down rather than on his back.
It doesn't work.
Re: Snoring Heavily In The Sleep, What Is The Solution. by Pat081: 10:31pm On Mar 05, 2022
If you have good sleep you will not know when some one do that beside you
Re: Snoring Heavily In The Sleep, What Is The Solution. by flowsir(m): 10:31pm On Mar 05, 2022
It's something that can be control by putting the person in recovery mode, by opening the airways when he/she is sleeping.
Re: Snoring Heavily In The Sleep, What Is The Solution. by Karemarealty288(m): 10:32pm On Mar 05, 2022
My wife always complain the My snoring sounds like generator .........

2 Likes

Re: Snoring Heavily In The Sleep, What Is The Solution. by abbey621(m): 10:33pm On Mar 05, 2022
Majority of people snore because of the way they sleep, na wetin make Westerners develop sleep bed that automatically adjust when you start snoring but seeing that most people in 9ja cannot afford it, you can make sure the person sleeps with two pillows, as long as the head is elevated enough the snoring should reduce, also put the person on a tumeric and ginger drink regime, by one month, the nasal nerves would no longer be inflammed thereby leading to easier breathing.

If all else fails buy ewuro/bitter leaf, whenever the person snores with their mouth open put the bitter leaf in the mouth, wahlahi problem solved grin grin grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Coconut Seller Caught Using Water In Gutter To Wash His Coconut . / Obituary Of Paul Arisa, Viral Cancer Patient Who Died Recently / This Is Why Everyone Is Looking For RUZU!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.