Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,723 members, 7,816,977 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

3 Lessons To Learn From Jesus And The Tax Collector. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 3 Lessons To Learn From Jesus And The Tax Collector. (6839 Views)

3 Lessons To Learn From Jesus And The Adulterous Woman / Discovery Of Galilee Boat From Jesus' Time Proves Bible Accurate - Video, Photos / 3 Lessons To Learn From The Parable Of Wheat And Tares (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Lessons To Learn From Jesus And The Tax Collector. by SPTruth: 8:51am On Mar 06, 2022
1 He ran ahead and climbed the Sycamore tree.
Zaccheus was a rich, short man that desired to see Jesus. He saw that Jesus was passing that way and he ran ahead to see Him. What sort of rich man climbs a tree? What sought of sinner seeks to see Jesus? Would you climb a tree just to see Jesus if you were rich? Are you too busy for God? Are you too rich to wake and pray at night? Do you find yourself too busy to go to church? Oh, when you were looking for a job, a spouse, children even visa, you used to worship God every midnight, but now He has answered your prayers, you have forgotten or gotten too "rich" to climb the tree. If you find yourself in this situation, now is the time to turn back to Him. Jesus is always passing by. Don't procrastinate, ask for His forgiveness and begin to pray for the Grace to fellowship with Him.

2. He has gone to be the guest of a sinner.
The way the world thinks and the way God thinks isn't the same. He who the world calls a deep sinner can be the next convert in the eyes of God. Let your minds think along the thoughts of God. Don't be envious when you see a "sinner" make progress in life and begin to compare yourself to the person. Don't be vexed when you see a sinner become a Christian and begins to have encounters, visions and miracles you have been dreaming to have. He is the potter and we are the clay, let the potter decide what He wants to use the clay to do.

3. A true encounter with Jesus leads to genuine repentance.

Zacchaeus stood up and said to the Lord, “Look, Lord! Here and now I give half of my possessions to the poor, and if I have cheated anybody out of anything, I will pay back four times the amount.
A true repentance with Jesus always leads to genuine repentance. Whenever, you receive the Good news of the Gospel, do not harden your heart. Repent and let go of anything that will take you back to the darkness you are coming from. To ministers of the Gospel, always take a look at your congregation. Do your sermons lead the people to genuine repentance or does it lead them into deeper levels of worldliness? Does the average member of your church look and act better after attending your services for 6 months or are they worse? Your work on earth is to ensure people encounter Jesus and are led to genuine repentance. Pray not to labour in vain. May the Good God give us His Grace to start and finish strong, in the name of Jesus, Amen.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 3 Lessons To Learn From Jesus And The Tax Collector. by SPTruth: 8:52am On Mar 06, 2022
Luke 19:1-10.
1 Jesus entered Jericho and was passing through.

2 A man was there by the name of Zacchaeus; he was a chief tax collector and was wealthy.

3 He wanted to see who Jesus was, but because he was short he could not see over the crowd.

4 So he ran ahead and climbed a sycamore-fig tree to see him, since Jesus was coming that way.

5 When Jesus reached the spot, he looked up and said to him, “Zacchaeus, come down immediately. I must stay at your house today.”

6 So he came down at once and welcomed him gladly.

7 All the people saw this and began to mutter, “He has gone to be the guest of a sinner.”

8 But Zacchaeus stood up and said to the Lord, “Look, Lord! Here and now I give half of my possessions to the poor, and if I have cheated anybody out of anything, I will pay back four times the amount.”

9 Jesus said to him, “Today salvation has come to this house, because this man, too, is a son of Abraham.

10 For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.”

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Lessons To Learn From Jesus And The Tax Collector. by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:06am On Mar 06, 2022
When a man makes an effort to get to God, God can meet Him half way and help him to get to where He is.

So if you're a sinner today, who intends to truly come back to God, even if you feel you've gone too far from Him and the journey back seems a long one, try and at least make an effort as Zacchaeus had done and see what God makes of it.

God bless.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 3 Lessons To Learn From Jesus And The Tax Collector. by AntiChristian: 9:06am On Mar 06, 2022
Jesus preached repentance of sin to the short man. Why didn't Jesus tell him to accept him as Lord and savior? Why didn't Jesus tell him he's God that came to eventually die for the sins of others?

All what Jesus said starts from obeying the commandments...

1 Like

Re: 3 Lessons To Learn From Jesus And The Tax Collector. by SPTruth: 7:39am On Mar 13, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
When a man makes an effort to get to God, God can meet Him half way and help him to get to where He is.

So if you're a sinner today, who intends to truly come back to God, even if you feel you've gone too far from Him and the journey back seems a long one, try and at least make an effort as Zacchaeus had done and see what God makes of it.

God bless.
Exactly, thanks for your contribution. Happy Sunday to us all.

1 Like

Re: 3 Lessons To Learn From Jesus And The Tax Collector. by batsynergy: 7:41am On Mar 13, 2022
AntiChristian:
Hmmm
every spirit of Belial the antichrist is bind and casted!

5 Likes

Re: 3 Lessons To Learn From Jesus And The Tax Collector. by AntiChristian: 8:14am On Mar 13, 2022
batsynergy:
every spirit of Belial the antichrist is bind and casted!
Better wake up from your nightmare!

Nothing is bind nor casted anywhere!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Lessons To Learn From Jesus And The Tax Collector. by maureensylvia(f): 8:29am On Mar 13, 2022
Learning

1 Like

Re: 3 Lessons To Learn From Jesus And The Tax Collector. by obonujoker(m): 8:32am On Mar 13, 2022
Jesus is ever ready to listen and accept us... infact in Romans 3:10, "For everyone who calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" and also I Revelation 3:10, "Behold I stand at the door and knock, whosoever shall open the door of his heart, I shall come I to dine with him/her and he/she with me".

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Lessons To Learn From Jesus And The Tax Collector. by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:44am On Mar 13, 2022
SPTruth:

Exactly, thanks for your contribution. Happy Sunday to us all.
You're welcome.
Re: 3 Lessons To Learn From Jesus And The Tax Collector. by wiseone28: 9:49am On Mar 13, 2022
Worthy of emulation
Re: 3 Lessons To Learn From Jesus And The Tax Collector. by isah2007: 9:50am On Mar 13, 2022
Tinubu and lekki toll gate na perfect example
Re: 3 Lessons To Learn From Jesus And The Tax Collector. by Truefaith: 9:51am On Mar 13, 2022
hnjm
Re: 3 Lessons To Learn From Jesus And The Tax Collector. by dazzlingd(m): 9:51am On Mar 13, 2022
Leave this Jews alone and their tales by moonlight.
Re: 3 Lessons To Learn From Jesus And The Tax Collector. by dialfa: 9:52am On Mar 13, 2022
Anybody Jesus visits becomes porer. Why?
Re: 3 Lessons To Learn From Jesus And The Tax Collector. by IgweOfNnewi: 9:53am On Mar 13, 2022
vh
Re: 3 Lessons To Learn From Jesus And The Tax Collector. by wiseone28: 9:54am On Mar 13, 2022
dialfa:
Anybody Jesus visits becomes porer. Why?
Because it is easier for a poor man to enter the kingdom of God than a rich man

1 Like

Re: 3 Lessons To Learn From Jesus And The Tax Collector. by cardoctor(m): 9:54am On Mar 13, 2022
Zacky try o
Re: 3 Lessons To Learn From Jesus And The Tax Collector. by Zchi1052(m): 9:55am On Mar 13, 2022
It still baffles me how Africans abandoned their tradition for a white man concocted fallacy
I mean total fiction
Re: 3 Lessons To Learn From Jesus And The Tax Collector. by annyplenty(m): 9:56am On Mar 13, 2022
WHETHER YOU ENCOUNTER THE LORD, JESUS CHRIST OR THE LORD, JESUS CHRIST, ENCOUNTERS YOU, YOU WILL NEVER REMAIN THE SAME. ASK PAUL, THE APOSTLE AND SIMEON.

TRY AND ENCOUNTER HIM TODAY.
Re: 3 Lessons To Learn From Jesus And The Tax Collector. by Divoc19(f): 9:57am On Mar 13, 2022
True.
People have stopped obeying the commandment of love your neighbour as yourself to becoming self-lovers and greedy. Hence our corrupt society of today.

AntiChristian:
Jesus preached repentance of sin to the short man. Why didn't Jesus tell him to accept him as Lord and savior? Why didn't Jesus tell him he's God that came to eventually die for the sins of others?

All what Jesus said starts from obeying the commandments...
Re: 3 Lessons To Learn From Jesus And The Tax Collector. by annyplenty(m): 9:58am On Mar 13, 2022
WHETHER YOU ENCOUNTER THE LORD, JESUS CHRIST OR THE LORD, JESUS CHRIST, ENCOUNTERS YOU, YOU WILL NEVER REMAIN THE SAME. ASK PAUL, THE APOSTLE, ZACCHEUS AND THE SAMARITAN WOMAN, NOT FORGETTING IN A HURRY, THE WOMAN CAUGHT RED HANDED IN ADULTERY.

TRY AND ENCOUNTER HIM TODAY.
Re: 3 Lessons To Learn From Jesus And The Tax Collector. by pussymonger1: 10:04am On Mar 13, 2022
HMM
Re: 3 Lessons To Learn From Jesus And The Tax Collector. by dialfa: 10:11am On Mar 13, 2022
wiseone28:
Because it is easier for a poor man to enter the kingdom of God than a rich man

Sounds like paradise.
Re: 3 Lessons To Learn From Jesus And The Tax Collector. by GreatAxeMan: 10:13am On Mar 13, 2022
You mean the tradition of illiteracy and superstition? You can stick with it if that's what you want.

Zchi1052:
It still baffles me how Africans abandoned their tradition for a white man concocted fallacy
I mean total fiction

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Queen Of Heaven / How To Create An Atmosphere For Religious Co-Existence In Nigeria By Reno Omokri / What Experiences Strengthened Your Faith In God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.