Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,748 members, 7,831,389 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

What's Cletus Bassey Up To? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What's Cletus Bassey Up To? (748 Views)

Cletus Bassey Administers Oath Of Secrecy To Members , As Ntia Ntia, Ors Absent / Top Clergies Dump ACA, Cletus Bassey Fights Dirty / Comments: Cletus Bassey: Pride Of A Clergy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What's Cletus Bassey Up To? by vickydaniels(m): 9:50pm On Mar 06, 2022
WHAT'S CLETUS BASSEY UP TO?

By Apostle James Okrok

I am back and thank God for a safe trip, inspite the Russian haze. Vladimir Putin will go down history as the most unfortunate chapter in leadership in this era. It's unthinkable that, in spite of how provoked he would have been over overtures for Ukraine, his estranged brother, to join the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) for whatever reasons; economic, security, technology, etc., Putin rolled out tanks against Ukraine.

The situation ante required more of diplomacy and continuous regional engagement for proper alignment, than exercising brute military might. Diplomacy will have helped better than invading an independent nation in broad daylight.

Putin's action, howsoever bookmakers may labour hard to justify, does not sync with today's global search for peace, intercontinental harmony and brotherhood. We are still watching every moment to see the end of Putin's madness. But it will certainly trademark him as the dark horse of the millennium.

But leave that apart! I see something more worrisome back home here in Akwa Abasi Ibom State, a Christian State that is dominated by Bible carrying believers, who throng big cathedrals and chapels each worship day to either preach or listen to sermons on brotherly love, kindness, mercy, reconciliation, forgiveness, humility and so on. But how many actually practice same is left in the gauge stand of the One who is theJudge of all.

I am amazed by the cooperation exhibited in the Body of Christ towards politics and the political process in the recent times. Most outstanding being the supports Christians across Akwa Ibom State are giving to Pastor Umo Eno, who has been and is still, a very close member of the Christian bodies under CAN in Akwa Ibom State.

Though, I presently lecture in Aba theological seminary but I'm excited to find out that no state in Nigeria has ever shown the kind of cooperation and support to a pastor in public space as Pastor Umo Eno; a former businessman and Church founder, has received.

But last week, as I combed through pages of local papers, I found out that the few content of criticisms emanated from the divide of Obong Bassey Albert (OBA). His attack dogs have been released to throw muds as much as they could. But all to no avail because Pastor Umo Eno has already been blessed; you can never curse or bewitched a man who has been blessed.

Sadly, Archbishop Cletus Bassey, my able former Chairman, CAN, Akwa Ibom State , Chairman AKS PFN and current Chairman Christian Welfare Pilgrim Board - a great beneficiary of this government; alongside Rev Mrs. Angela Ashong, his co-traveller in the tropospheric road of history, have not thought it necessary to align with the Church. Is it because of how he initially vowed to his followers the senator was 'the preferred successor' and had assured them that Governor Udom Emmanuel was going to name OBA as his successor? He shouldn't let the weight of what his followers will say prevent him for doing the needful and align because we all knew he was being delusional for the love of money.

Now, how heart-broken Cletus Bassey has been ever since God did not go his way - because the answer of every prayer is of God. I understand that his camp has already been thrown into disarray. But this is normal; he should know that it's normal to face such disappointment.

The most noble thing I expected Cletus Bassey and Mama Ashong to do should not be to hang on to a failed agenda but reach out to Pastor Umo Eno who is their friend and brother in the Body of Christ to wish him well. But this has not happened.

What I'm seeing are sponsored attacks from the camp where Cletus Bassey and Ashong are. These attacks are not only against the Governor of Akwa Ibom State, their greatest benefactor, but against Pastor Umo Eno, their very close brother who was also very beneficial to them.

Secondly, it is a painful observation to learn that Cletus Bassey has not even thought it honourable to reach out to those who made him what he is today. These are spiritual fathers of Akwa Ibom State - Archbishop Elijah Akpan Mboho, Apostle Isaiah Issong, Rev. Dr. Uma Ukpai -to seek rapprochement over his misfired passion in supporting and anointing someone who has propensity to forment violence and ungodliness on the State of Akwa Ibom State, where Gov. Udom Emmanuel has won battles against cult carnivalism and its attendant threat to peace and security.

I understand that the Church fathers in Akwa Ibom State have extended olive leaf to Cletus Bassey but he has bluntly refused. Pity! This posture was why I raised alarm over his plan to escape to US once his hattricks for 2023 fail. Yet his blind sympathizers threw stones at me. Three of them almost lynched me at a wedding ceremony lately for criticizing their Papa but today they have realized I was not wrong.

I was in US when Cletus Bassey secured American Green cards for all members of his immediate family; he also bought houses in US for permanent stay after the 2023 elections. His plans are to collect as much money as he could from whoever comes to consult him and his ACA for governorship and delude them.

This is why has said many times in his meetings that Pastor Umo Eno must consult him and ACA. Isn't it laughable that Pastor Umo Eno who is a founding board member of ACA should now turn and consult the organization he helped finance and build?

I expected that by now Cletus Bassey and Ashong would have held public applause and affirmation of the will of God on one of them as Governor Udom Emmanuel's successor but he is reluctant because he has collected so much money from OBA and he's almost choked. It's pitiable!

His strategy now is to sponsor proxies to attack the sitting Governor and the soon-to- be- sworn in- governor.

Cletus Bassey's next move is to dig out filths to pour on the Fathers of Faith - Prelate Mbang, Apostle Isaiah Issong are already on his blacklist. His plan is to attack these Church leaders with such ferocious propensity that will make them appear as hypocrites.

He sat with his LGAs Coordinators at a meeting held not long ago and carefully chose the phrase hypocrite as their slur word against the fathers. His next moves will be too dirty to imagine. What's Cletus Bassey up to?

Re: What's Cletus Bassey Up To? by immortalcrown(m): 9:56pm On Mar 06, 2022
Opportunists everywhere.
Shey na kingdom (heaven) affair una dey discus like dis?
If war no happen for Ukraine, you for come notice wetin dey Akwa Ibom?

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Youth Disenfranchised / Poetry Club/site For 9ja's Alone. / Coping With A Distant Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.