Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,709 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

Say Something Good About Another Tribe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Say Something Good About Another Tribe (19700 Views)

Yoruba Elders Have Seen Something Good In Jonathan — Babatope / Say Something Positive About Nigeria / Let's Say Something Good About Nigeria Today! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Say Something Good About Another Tribe by mithel(m): 10:25am On Jun 29, 2011
What's positive things you can say about another tribe? I just want to hear positive things you can say about another ethnic group. Pls be honest,i dnt want a hausa guy claiming ijaw and writing about hausas.may be this will cure a little of the tribalism on NL

2 Likes

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Nobody: 10:29am On Jun 29, 2011
Thread moved to Ethnic politics section.
Thanks
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Nobody: 10:31am On Jun 29, 2011
I like the simplicity of Hausa/Fulani people(male).

6 Likes

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by JLYASDI: 1:07pm On Jun 29, 2011
Love my Edo peeps! They have pride. (unless those bastardly bred ones from POTOKRI-LEBANESE heritage. . .awon half-castes) grin
They do NOT kiss arzzzes or live off a woman's money like other gigolos we know around Nigeria. kiss
WE DO NOT CARE IF WE ARE LOVED OR NOT.  cool

Ishan guys rock cool
Hausa peeps are the best. . .yes is yes and no is no.  Love their cohesiveness too. Never greedy or carrying drugs in their arzzzes locally or internationally. They share their wealth and are NOT materialistic. cool

3 Likes

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by mithel(m): 3:38pm On Jun 29, 2011
See nigerians,tribalism don enter deir blood,32 views and just 3 replies.if na say 'abuse anoda tribe nw', we go don reach 5 pages.smh.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by AndreUweh(m): 4:26pm On Jun 29, 2011
mithel:

See nigerians,tribalism don enter deir blood,32 views and just 3 replies.if na say 'abuse anoda tribe nw', we go don reach 5 pages.smh.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-667076.32.html
This sort of thread already exist as you can see in the link above.
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by namfav(m): 7:18pm On Jun 29, 2011
the yoruba and gbari are openly straight forward, hardworking andin many cases dependable

1 Like

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by MrsChima(f): 7:43pm On Jun 29, 2011
Yorubas are very passive and cool during chaos unless provoked.

Igbos are very people oriented and business savy.

3 Likes

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by NDelta(m): 7:59pm On Jun 29, 2011
Igbos are very hard working business people, Yorubas are the most accommodating people i know, Hausas can be very generous

16 Likes

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by seanet02: 9:27pm On Jun 29, 2011
Jarus:

I like the simplicity of Hausa/Fulani people(male).
No wonder they Lord over you in Kwara!

2 Likes

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jun 29, 2011
Thank you. We like it ike that.

1 Like

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by AndreUweh(m): 9:54pm On Jun 29, 2011
seanet02:

No wonder they Lord over you in Kwara!
Irrelevant.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by seanet03: 10:40pm On Jun 29, 2011
Jarus:

Thank you. We like it ike that.
Like wetin? One day we go liberate you brainwashed dudes.
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by aloyemeka2: 12:47am On Jun 30, 2011
seanet03:

Like wetin? One day we go liberate you brainwashed dudes.

You are the one who needs liberation and not Jarus.
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Nayah(f): 11:28am On Jun 30, 2011
I like the maturity and hard working Igbo people, I love the warrior mentality of Bassa tribe, the tenacity of Bamiléké, and the natural beauty of Hausas

2 Likes

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by aljharem3: 7:29pm On Jun 30, 2011
i like the beauty and honesty of hausa and fulani

i love the yoruba for there calm nature

2 Likes

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by mensdept: 3:40pm On Jul 03, 2011
Yoruba people very accomodating as already stated, and their culture and region is somewhat the closest to national culture that Naija prob will ever have. Just about everyone has to go through them or their region where there's some world -class structures before trotting to their own wreckless state.

Yoruba people never allow outsiders to play them, to dictate who their leaders are going to be in government houses of Ekiti, Lagos, Oyo, etc. or in nat'l assembly, and though many of their politicians steal as well, they generally put Yoruba interest above religion, subtribal zoning nonsense, etc.

Bini people are very crafty, clever, and even quiet. See how they have quietly developed Benin City with World Class Hotels and structures and are doing very well in places like Canada and the U.S., without too much NOISE.

3 Likes

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by jason123: 4:53pm On Jul 03, 2011
I like the Igbos because of their hardworking nature and the ability to move around a hostile country like Nigeria. They are generally cool people to be around with.
Hausas are very humble.

3 Likes

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Afam4eva(m): 9:10am On Jul 04, 2011
I like Edo and people from the warri axis(Urhobo,Isoko,Itshekiri etc) because they are not backstabbers. If they don't like you they'll tell you. If they like you you'll know.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Desola(f): 9:18am On Jul 04, 2011
Love me an Ishan boi!
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by kasiem(m): 11:37am On Jul 04, 2011
I love yorubas respect for their culture, the hausas spirit of contentment

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by OAM4J: 4:46am On Jul 05, 2011
I love the honesty of the Hausa people and the natural beauty of the Fulani women.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by SYMBILI: 5:26am On Jul 05, 2011
Hausas winning the popularity contest.
Hallelujah!

Ta nu jah! grin
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:42am On Jul 05, 2011
im so elevated, i hav no good words to say. cool
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Afanna1: 7:22pm On Jul 05, 2011
i love the ijaws. cool
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Ngodigha: 8:43pm On Jul 05, 2011
#Afanna:

i love the ijaws. cool

The thread clearly stated that you should say something about another tribe and not your tribe.
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by MandingoII(m): 6:43pm On Jul 06, 2011
When Nigerian Tribes look for a common aim and goal then Nigeria will prosper. Otherwise, Nigeria will continue to live in the pre-industrial age with its overlysensitive feelings and emotions toward one another.

keep in mind European/Asian countries have been through this before. they eventually got over hating one another and worked toward BUILDING a better future for their country and their children.

1 Like

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by ZnO: 8:30pm On Jul 06, 2011
Do we have tribes in Nigeria?
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by ZnO: 8:32pm On Jul 06, 2011
Ogonis  (Khana/Gokana/Tai) have respect for people outside their own ethnic group. For that, I salute them.
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:05pm On Jul 07, 2011
I lyk the Maguzawa because they are so unique and loyal to their faith, lyk me. cool
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:44pm On Jul 08, 2011
thnx for d kind support mithel. i appreceate it. throughout my stay in Nairaland, i hav been branded as a berber, touareg, arab, white man, igbo, somali and now, YORUBA. i wish ppl jus accept me for who i am.  sad

frm now onwards,i wont be proving my birth to evry tom, Joystick n harry who asks for it. i find it highly disrespectful. either take me for wat I am, or jus ignore me. angry angry angry angry

i cant care less.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by aljharem3: 10:02pm On Jul 09, 2011
i love the ijaws for not being bulled in nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

North Will Reject Buhari, APC In 2019 —iwuanyanwu / Nigeria’s Present Economic Situation Worse Than Biafra Civil War – Aregbesola / Lafiya Dole: Soldiers Clear Boko Haram Terrorists In Ladin Buta Jere (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.