Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,792 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

Which Nollywood Actor/actress Qualifies To Be Called The GOAT? - TV/Movies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Which Nollywood Actor/actress Qualifies To Be Called The GOAT? (48185 Views)

AMVCA Best Actor/Actress winners from 2013 - 2022 / Makeup Transformation: Which Nollywood Actor Is This??? / BBNaija: Tacha Was Asked To Mimic A Goat (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Nollywood Actor/actress Qualifies To Be Called The GOAT? by OLUPET009(m): 8:03am On Mar 08, 2022
I no See OMOSEXY, abi na musician she b

1 Like

Re: Which Nollywood Actor/actress Qualifies To Be Called The GOAT? by FaithBrain1994(m): 4:53pm On Mar 08, 2022
The way people forget olu jacbos still baffles me.

2 Likes

Re: Which Nollywood Actor/actress Qualifies To Be Called The GOAT? by Ikenna29(m): 5:56pm On Mar 08, 2022
Nkem owoh
Mercy Johnson

1 Like

Re: Which Nollywood Actor/actress Qualifies To Be Called The GOAT? by rukell(m): 8:48pm On Mar 08, 2022
OP na hausa GOAT abi na urhobo GOAT?
Re: Which Nollywood Actor/actress Qualifies To Be Called The GOAT? by babajero(m): 9:14pm On Mar 08, 2022
IWillRiseAgain:
Sentiments aside, which Nollywood actor or actress would you say qualifies to be called the Greatest Of All Times (GOAT)

Growing up, these guys made our childhood memorable. From Pete Edochie to Clems Ohameze, Hank Anuku, Emeka Ike, RMD, Stella Damasus, Genevieve Nnaji, Patience Ozokwor, Kanayo O. Kanayo, Emeka Enyiocha, Osuofia, Mr. Ibu, Chinedu Ikedieze (Aki), Osita Iheme (Pawpaw), Omotola (Omosexy), Ini Edo, Tony Umez, Saint Obi, Gentle Jack, Jim Iyke, Ramsey Noah, Sam Loco Efe, Victor Osuagwu, Papa Ajasco, Jide Kosoko, Justice Esiri and many more.

Pick your GOAT in terms of the ability to interpret multiple roles, number of movies and consistency over the years.

Let's appreciate the efforts of our movie stars with a vote.
Where is Olu Jacobs, the real detribal Yoruba man.

2 Likes

Re: Which Nollywood Actor/actress Qualifies To Be Called The GOAT? by IWillRiseAgain(f): 9:52pm On Mar 08, 2022
babajero:
Where is Olu Jacobs, the real detribal Yoruba man.
I omitted him but it's good that you and everyone else have mentioned him

1 Like

Re: Which Nollywood Actor/actress Qualifies To Be Called The GOAT? by wealthtrak: 12:23am On Mar 09, 2022
IWillRiseAgain:
Sentiments aside, which Nollywood actor or actress would you say qualifies to be called the Greatest Of All Times (GOAT)

Growing up, these guys made our childhood memorable. From Pete Edochie to Clems Ohameze, Hank Anuku, Emeka Ike, RMD, Stella Damasus, Genevieve Nnaji, Patience Ozokwor, Kanayo O. Kanayo, Emeka Enyiocha, Osuofia, Mr. Ibu, Chinedu Ikedieze (Aki), Osita Iheme (Pawpaw), Omotola (Omosexy), Ini Edo, Tony Umez, Saint Obi, Gentle Jack, Jim Iyke, Ramsey Noah, Sam Loco Efe, Victor Osuagwu, Papa Ajasco, Jide Kosoko, Justice Esiri and many more.

Pick your GOAT in terms of the ability to interpret multiple roles, number of movies and consistency over the years.

Let's appreciate the efforts of our movie stars with a vote.
GOATS (Males)
Olu Jacobs (He acted in iconic British movies such as "Dogs of
War" and the very popular 1970s to 1980s British sitcom "Mind Your Language" before moving back
in the 1980s to Nigeria after living in England for decades).

Richard 'Mofe Damijo.

Pete Edochie.

Prince Jide Kosoko.

Segun Arinze

GOATS (Females)
Joke Silver-Jacobs.

Barbara Soky.

Madam Kofo (Second Chance).

Funke Akindele.

Ngozi Nwosu (she speaks very fluent English, Yoruba, Ibo).

1 Like

Re: Which Nollywood Actor/actress Qualifies To Be Called The GOAT? by babajero(m): 5:59am On Mar 09, 2022
IWillRiseAgain:

I omitted him but it's good that you and everyone else have mentioned him
That is one of the realest actors I have seen in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Which Nollywood Actor/actress Qualifies To Be Called The GOAT? by johncallidon(m): 1:54pm On Mar 10, 2022
where you keep mama G for general.
Thanks for reminding.

1 Like

Re: Which Nollywood Actor/actress Qualifies To Be Called The GOAT? by wealthtrak: 11:20am On Mar 11, 2022
9jaBloke:
Nollywood Legends not listed in the original post (before the OP silently edited it)... in no particular order:
RMD
Ego Boyo
Olu Jacobs
Joke Sylva
Liz Benson
Sam Loco Efe-Lt
Ramsey Nouah I think
Kate Henshaw
Segun Arinze
Ann Njemanze
Omotola Jalade Ekeinde
Sadiq Daba-Lt
Jide Kosoko
Idowu Philips
Justus Esiri-Lt
Yinka Quadri
Antar Laniyan
Taiwo Hassan
Afolabi Afolayan-Lt
Adeyemi Afolayan-Lt
Charles Olumo
Dele Odule
Hubert Ogunde-Lt
Chika Okpala
James Iroha-Lt
Romanus Amuta-Lt
Claude Eke-Lt
Bob Manuel Udokwu
Zack Orji
Enebeli Elebuwa-Lt
Norbert Young
Ojo Arowosafe
Tajudeen Oyewole
Kayode Ajirebi
Folake Aremu-Lt
Mufutau Sani-Lt
Duro Ladipo-Lt
Oyinade Adejobi-Lt
Lere Paimo
Sola Sobowale
Lanre Hassan
Tunde Omidina
Sunday Omobolanle
Usman Baba Pategi
Zulu Adigwe
Zack Amata
Rachel Oniga-Lt
Francis Agu
Moses Olaiya
Basorge Tariah Jnr
I'm just noticing your post.

You killed it... Smackdown! grin
These are the REAL Nigerian movie industry legends we knew back in the day... 1970s, 1980s.

1) Moses Olaiya (i.e., Baba Sala is
an iconic film-maker and actor).

2) Ade Love (Kunle Afolayan's father, was also an iconic film maker and actor).

3) I would also include Mr. Alex Usifo (aka Abass). I loved how he used to say "foool" in his baritone voice. grin

A lot of the young posters here
are under the false impression that the Nigerian movie industry started with home videos, but this is false.
We have to keep letting them know and have a museum in let's say Lagos to preserve these facts.

Prof. Wole Soyinka's 1969 movie
"Kongi's Harvest" was shown in the cinemas in Lagos State. Wole
Soyinka is a film-maker and not
just a world-reknowned writer.

All the best!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Nollywood Actor/actress Qualifies To Be Called The GOAT? by 9jaBloke: 1:19pm On Mar 11, 2022
wealthtrak:

I'm just noticing your post.

You killed it... Smackdown! grin
These are the REAL Nigerian movie industry legends we knew back in the day... 1970s, 1980s.

1) Moses Olaiya (i.e., Baba Sala is
an iconic film-maker and actor).

2) Ade Love (Kunle Afolayan's father, was also an iconic film maker and actor).

3) I would also include Mr. Alex Usifo (aka Abass). I loved how he used to say "foool" in his baritone voice. grin

A lot of the young posters here
are under the false impression that the Nigerian movie industry started with home videos, but this is false.
We have to keep letting them know and have a museum in let's say Lagos to preserve these facts.

Prof. Wole Soyinka's 1969 movie
"Kongi's Harvest" was shown in the cinemas in Lagos State. Wole
Soyinka is a film-maker and not
just a world-reknowned writer.

All the best!

Thanks for your contribution & good to have you here.

I couldn't make up my mind on Alex Usifo. I remember him from the early NTA days and especially from Ripples. Okay, I agree, he's added.

Prof. Wole Soyinka is a National Treasure. All the members of the Mbari Club are the real OGs of Nigerian Dramatic Arts. Though they seem lost in history because of our poor record keeping.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Nollywood Actor/actress Qualifies To Be Called The GOAT? by wealthtrak: 1:49pm On Mar 11, 2022
9jaBloke:

Thanks for your contribution & good to have you here.
@9jaBloke
I deeply appreciate. You're welcome bruv. smiley

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Which Nollywood Actor/actress Qualifies To Be Called The GOAT? by Probz(m): 3:24am On Nov 21, 2022
dollynnn:
cheesy
Male-Kanayo kanayo, Osita Iheme( paw-paw)
Female - Eucharia Anuobi, Genevieve Nnaji

I actually prefer Eucharia Anuobi in the roles she actually acts/plays than her real-life persona. When she’s on Instagram and doing interviews she comes across as way too affected for my loving (but she’s still alright). Great actress, somewhat toffee-nosed real-time persona.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kiddwaya To Laycon: “I Will Love To Invest In Your Music” / 'Scam Show': BBNaija Viewers Outraged Over Kaisha's Eviction / Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.