Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,765 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:29 PM

What's The Position Of Nigeria Law On Divorce. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's The Position Of Nigeria Law On Divorce. (351 Views)

Question On Divorce / I Need Help On Divorce Process! / Does The Wife Earn The Position Of Head Of The House If She's The Breadwinner? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Position Of Nigeria Law On Divorce. by Xj2020: 7:07pm On Mar 07, 2022
What's the position of Nigeria law on divorce?

I asked because a friend of mine said that his enstranged wife had been boasting, telling him how in the event of a divorce she would take custody of their 3 kids, while my friend take the responsibility of renting and furnishing an apartment for her and the kids in addition to footing every other bills.

Lawyers in house, my friend would like to know the position of the law as it pertains to divorce.

In particular, he would like to know what his rights and responsibilities to his wife and kids would be in a situation that they are divorce.

THANKS in advance.

In addition to the above, my friend would like to know the position of the law as it pertains to the man renting and furnishing an apartment for the woman in a case of divorce.
Re: What's The Position Of Nigeria Law On Divorce. by seunlayi(m): 7:10pm On Mar 07, 2022
The lady is wrong, the children custody goes to the man
Re: What's The Position Of Nigeria Law On Divorce. by immortalcrown(m): 7:11pm On Mar 07, 2022
The position is divorce when you want to.
The man should get a video evidence of the woman saying it. Even if the court does not use the evidence in his favour, the public will use it to unleash verbal jungle justice on the woman. But the man himself should not be guilty in the marriage oh. He that comes to equity must come with clean hands.

1 Like

Re: What's The Position Of Nigeria Law On Divorce. by Areola14(m): 8:01pm On Mar 07, 2022
According to the 1999 constitution of Nigeria, section 12, sub-section 9 of marriage matter, when a wife or a wiffee or a wife to be, claiming that the law of Nigeria will favour her in the case of divorce..... the law of Nigeria empower the man to say to the wife that.... Enu e agbe! Your mouth go dry pass person wey do 7 days dry fasting!..... grin grin grin shocked

1 Like

Re: What's The Position Of Nigeria Law On Divorce. by Xj2020: 8:08pm On Mar 07, 2022
Could you expatiate on the bolded
immortalcrown:
The position is divorce when you want to.
The man should get a video evidence of the woman saying it. Even if the court does not use the evidence in his favour, the public will use it to unleash verbal jungle justice on the woman. But the man himself should not be guilty in the marriage oh. He that comes to equity must come with clean hands.
Re: What's The Position Of Nigeria Law On Divorce. by kazyhm(m): 11:07pm On Mar 07, 2022
The wife watches too much of paternity court drama on YouTube.

1 Like

Re: What's The Position Of Nigeria Law On Divorce. by Xj2020: 6:40pm On Mar 09, 2022
What then is the position of the law on divorce in Nigeria
kazyhm:
The wife watches too much of paternity court drama on YouTube.

Re: What's The Position Of Nigeria Law On Divorce. by Moeman: 9:03pm On Mar 09, 2022
the position in nigeria is if them divorce you your husband go fling you and your properties over the fence....and your "properties" no go ever pass two boxes with wrappers lol

(1) (Reply)

What’s The Worst Experience You’ve Had Ordering From An Online Vendor? / Soludo's Wife, Nonye, Condemns Violence Against Women / When A Relative What To Know Where You Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.