Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,206 members, 7,815,203 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

Help! A Big Nigerian Company Stole My Intellectual Property - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Help! A Big Nigerian Company Stole My Intellectual Property (445 Views)

ISBN, ISSN, Copyright, Intellectual Property To Headline Ibadan Book Club Lectur / God Stole My Man / A Word To The Intellectual Property Thieves On The Lit Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! A Big Nigerian Company Stole My Intellectual Property by grammarian247(m): 5:40am On Mar 08, 2022
Lawyers in the house and others who are experienced in this matter should please help with suggestions.

I really do not know how best to present this here on Nairaland; what I do know, however, is-I need help.

For over two years now, every day, I have been posting English lessons on my Facebook page. Straight to the point. As I was going through a monthly magazine by a big company in Nigeria, I saw one of the dramatic grammar posts I made published in the magazine without acknowledging me.

After some consultations, I hired a lawyer who wrote the company demanding compensation. One month has gone since the company was served, not a syllable from the company or its representative. What step should I take to have them pay for this intellectual theft?

Those who know how this works should please kindly advise me. I do not want to reveal the identity of the company for reasons we all know.
Lalastica and other moderators should please give this post a front page advantage
Re: Help! A Big Nigerian Company Stole My Intellectual Property by Lawlab251: 5:44am On Mar 08, 2022
Hmm
Re: Help! A Big Nigerian Company Stole My Intellectual Property by Nobody: 5:46am On Mar 08, 2022
Did you put this work of yours on a public forum? If you did, it might be free speech and you have no copyright to it.
I am not quite sure how Nigerian patent and copyright laws work but I think it is something along those lines.
Re: Help! A Big Nigerian Company Stole My Intellectual Property by Enskynelson(m): 6:52am On Mar 08, 2022
Let's wait for the lawyers here.
Re: Help! A Big Nigerian Company Stole My Intellectual Property by grammarian247(m): 6:53am On Mar 08, 2022
Techsupport:
Did you put this work of yours on a public forum? If you did, it might be free speech and you have no copyright to it.
I am not quite sure how Nigerian patent and copyright laws work but I think it is something along those lines.

Okay, Sir. Thanks
Re: Help! A Big Nigerian Company Stole My Intellectual Property by Patented: 7:33am On Mar 08, 2022
YOu have already Hired a Lawyer. He/She should be the one advising you. if you are not satisfied HIre another.

However if the company does not respond your option is to sue them.
grammarian247:
Lawyers in the house and others who are experienced in this matter should please help with suggestions.

I really do not know how best to present this here on Nairaland; what I do know, however, is-I need help.

For over two years now, every day, I have been posting English lessons on my Facebook page. Straight to the point. As I was going through a monthly magazine by a big company in Nigeria, I saw one of the dramatic grammar posts I made published in the magazine without acknowledging me.

After some consultations, I hired a lawyer who wrote the company demanding compensation. One month has gone since the company was served, not a syllable from the company or its representative. What step should I take to have them pay for this intellectual theft?

Those who know how this works should please kindly advise me. I do not want to reveal the identity of the company for reasons we all know.
Lalastica and other moderators should please give this post a front page advantage
Re: Help! A Big Nigerian Company Stole My Intellectual Property by grammarian247(m): 7:59am On Mar 08, 2022
Patented:
YOu have already Hired a Lawyer. He/She should be the one advising you. if you are not satisfied HIre another.

However if the company does not respond your option is to sue them.

Thanks, I appreciate your contributions
Re: Help! A Big Nigerian Company Stole My Intellectual Property by Favemmzar200(m): 4:18pm On Mar 09, 2022
grammarian247:

was the post they made also on Facebook?

If yes, then you should know that every post on Facebook can be copied and it is not a crime. You can't even sue them because it will be dead on arrival at court.

The only thing you can do on your part is to just call them out on Facebook for plagiarism.

By the way, what is the Facebook page, let me build my English.
Re: Help! A Big Nigerian Company Stole My Intellectual Property by grammarian247(m): 8:00pm On Mar 10, 2022
Favemmzar200:
was the post they made also on Facebook?

If yes, then you should know that every post on Facebook can be copied and it is not a crime. You can't even sue them because it will be dead on arrival at court.

The only thing you can do on your part is to just call them out on Facebook for plagiarism.

By the way, what is the Facebook page, let me build my English.

The post was published in the company's monthly magazine; it was not on Facebook.

(1) (Reply)

Writer Available! / Life In The Zanga! / Reincarnation Of Divine Doctor - Feather's Stories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.