Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,318 members, 7,829,782 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

US To Deploy THAAD, Patriot To Shoot Down Russian Missiles - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US To Deploy THAAD, Patriot To Shoot Down Russian Missiles (41939 Views)

Russian Missiles Kill Two In Poland, US Intelligence Says / Lithuania Expels Russian Ambassador. Shuts Down Russian Consulate In Lithuanian / Trump Instructs US Navy To Shoot Down Iranian Gunboats If They Harass US Ships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US To Deploy THAAD, Patriot To Shoot Down Russian Missiles by bigjoe1000(m): 3:48pm On Mar 08, 2022
Cubalabloo:
Always interfering in what does not concern them abit.
I luv America

1 Like

Re: US To Deploy THAAD, Patriot To Shoot Down Russian Missiles by Idaytesj29(m): 3:48pm On Mar 08, 2022
Feelings79:
USA,France, [/s]Italy[/s] UK are one and the same when it comes to war.Thats why it's hard to defeat them
Re: US To Deploy THAAD, Patriot To Shoot Down Russian Missiles by Nobody: 3:50pm On Mar 08, 2022
You need to sit down and think , and quit talking for like 3 months straight on Social Media. Learn from others .

goodheart01:

Una can talk rubbish ehn. Okay US doesn’t have nukes too to destroy Russia. Tueh for u
Re: US To Deploy THAAD, Patriot To Shoot Down Russian Missiles by drakeli: 3:50pm On Mar 08, 2022
seunny4lif:
grin grin
Maybe you should ask Israeli and Saudi Arabia.

The most useless air defence in the world
Houtis proved that cheesy
. Was Saudi under any invasion? They didn’t need it. That’s why.

1 Like

Re: US To Deploy THAAD, Patriot To Shoot Down Russian Missiles by goodheart01: 3:52pm On Mar 08, 2022
wink2015:
Deploying Thaad anti missile is the reasons why Russian government is kicking against Ukraine joining NATO.

If they join NATO that will be very problematic for Russia.

Yet some persons here say THAAD missile is not effective. So why the dude dey fear?

1 Like

Re: US To Deploy THAAD, Patriot To Shoot Down Russian Missiles by seunny4lif(m): 3:52pm On Mar 08, 2022
Feelings79:
USA,France, Italy UK are one and the same when it comes to war.Thats why it's hard to defeat them
Well, France and British need Russia empire helped in WW1
France and British need USSR help in WW2 because the bloodiest battles of WW2 was fought in East front.
Re: US To Deploy THAAD, Patriot To Shoot Down Russian Missiles by VirileNelly2420: 3:53pm On Mar 08, 2022
goodheart01:

Some of u here are illiterates. No wonder u guys comment like morons. Saudi refinery got nuked and they’re still alive?? Do u know what nuke means or u just saw the word here and started using it.

90% percent of comments here are copy and paste from one ignorant slowpoke to the other

Mr. Cambridge, dats my choice of words. D important tin is u getting my point after all.

NEXT!

1 Like

Re: US To Deploy THAAD, Patriot To Shoot Down Russian Missiles by kushme: 3:54pm On Mar 08, 2022
sukkot:
fear hear usa. if na somaia they woud have bombed them without questions. cowards

Since when dem drag a slain US Army ranger body for Mogadishu, shey you hear America enter that country again?

Only four days later, President Clinton announced troops would withdraw from their mercy mission within six months, by March 31, 1994.

1 Like

Re: US To Deploy THAAD, Patriot To Shoot Down Russian Missiles by seunny4lif(m): 3:54pm On Mar 08, 2022
wink2015:
Deploying Thaad anti missile is the reasons why Russian government is kicking against Ukraine joining NATO.

If they join NATO that will be very problematic for Russia.
THAAD is not the reason
The reason is USA can change the def missiles to Offensive missiles.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US To Deploy THAAD, Patriot To Shoot Down Russian Missiles by goodheart01: 3:55pm On Mar 08, 2022
callme9mm:
You need to sit down and think , and quit talking for like 3 months straight on Social Media. Learn from others .

Learn from ode like u?? How can a sensible person say Russia will just nuke USA? Are u aware those two countries are the strongest nuclear powers, and USA will always retaliate thereby leading to a Mutually Assured Destruction (MAD) for both countries. I’ll rather advice u to go and learn more about MAD and do your research before coming online to yap
Re: US To Deploy THAAD, Patriot To Shoot Down Russian Missiles by seunny4lif(m): 3:56pm On Mar 08, 2022
grin
If I slap you cheesy
drakeli:
. Was Saudi under any invasion? They didn’t need it. That’s why.
Re: US To Deploy THAAD, Patriot To Shoot Down Russian Missiles by sukkot: 3:57pm On Mar 08, 2022
kushme:

Since when dem drag a slain US Army ranger body for Mogadishu, shey you hear America enter that country again?
cowards. america has not won any war on the ground. they drop a few bombs from the air and run back home.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: US To Deploy THAAD, Patriot To Shoot Down Russian Missiles by Nobody: 3:57pm On Mar 08, 2022
Ogbeni If you no understand me, get lost! I talk am say Nairaland need block button for people like you. Na you come comment for my talk.

goodheart01:

Learn from ode like u?? How can a sensible person say Russia will just nuke USA? Are u aware those two countries are the strongest nuclear powers, and USA will always retaliate thereby leading to a Mutually Assured Destruction (MAD) for both countries. I’ll rather advice I to go and learn more and do your research before coming online to yap
Re: US To Deploy THAAD, Patriot To Shoot Down Russian Missiles by 9gerian: 4:02pm On Mar 08, 2022
You are correct! In fact, a similar scenario led to the advent of ISIS/ISIL under Obama in Iraq/Syria. The same playbook, different location.

But there can be a thin line between what is good and useful (the US leadership role if properly directed for good in world affairs) in contrast with its corruption and use for evil by a gang up of political actors who like to think they are superior and want to lord it over and control humanity for very debased reasons.

For instance, Trump was an outsider (in terms of the establishment) who worked for the good of the US citizens and managed to stave off any evil military expeditions during his entire tenure. He wasn’t perfect but his intentions were measurable by the results he managed to achieve by keeping the US away from avoidable wars and interference on the world stage.

Of course that is an entire debate on its own, but at least we saw what an outsider who helped the US mind its business was capable of as long as he was shrewd (though not shrewd enough to get a second term) and of a different stock from the establishment buck.

A lot of Americans equally feel this way about their country but felt helpless until Trump.

Grandmeister:

You do realise that the proliferation of arms into the north was directly due to the destabilisation of Libya by US led nato? Ak47 is cheaper than an iPhone 11 in Libya today.that is how the USA ensures world peace and stability.
Re: US To Deploy THAAD, Patriot To Shoot Down Russian Missiles by VirileNelly2420: 4:03pm On Mar 08, 2022
goodheart01:

Olodo stop using words u don’t understand. Nuke is for nuclear weapons and it wasn’t nuclear bombs that was used on the Saudi refinery. Go school una no go gree but na to come for online here dey give us headache

Oh, I thought av settled ur matter?

Zukwanuike nnam!
Re: US To Deploy THAAD, Patriot To Shoot Down Russian Missiles by goodheart01: 4:04pm On Mar 08, 2022
VirileNelly2420:

Mr. Cambridge, dats my choice of words. D important tin is u getting my point after all.

NEXT!

Lol.... Olodo he said it’s his choice of words to cover his deficiency. Oga your choice of words is f*cking wrong and misleading. Instead of you to accept your fault and correct yourself u dey jonze. That’s why people like u will never learn when corrected. Anyways it’s normal for all Putin supporters. Most of u are street guys with stolen phones and cheap data
Re: US To Deploy THAAD, Patriot To Shoot Down Russian Missiles by usagee36: 4:05pm On Mar 08, 2022
Haha we are sorry
Cubalabloo:
Re: US To Deploy THAAD, Patriot To Shoot Down Russian Missiles by Elsueno: 4:05pm On Mar 08, 2022
9gerian:
I hope you know that the US as the world super power is still better for the world. Russia being a joint super power is to keep things under check to prevent the US and NATO from having absolute power that corrupts absolutely. We already saw what that did in Libya, Syria, Yugoslavia, Iraq etc.

Neither Russia, nor China will be a better super power than the US. The problem so far has been some individuals who tend to hijack and use the instruments of power (using political groupthink and majority tyranny) to further their own parochial agenda over the whole of mankind.

Exactly, Having the US/Russia/China keeping each other in check is what's desirable & not any one dominating everything

1 Like

Re: US To Deploy THAAD, Patriot To Shoot Down Russian Missiles by 9gerian: 4:07pm On Mar 08, 2022
You gerrit!

Elsueno:

Exactly, Having the US/Russia/China keeping each other in check is what's desirable & not any one dominating everything
Re: US To Deploy THAAD, Patriot To Shoot Down Russian Missiles by goodheart01: 4:08pm On Mar 08, 2022
callme9mm:
Ogbeni If you no understand me, get lost! I talk am say Nairaland need block button for people like you. Na you come comment for my talk.

There’s nothing to understand in the trash you’re yapping. Get yourself educated
Re: US To Deploy THAAD, Patriot To Shoot Down Russian Missiles by jrusky(m): 4:16pm On Mar 08, 2022
Cubalabloo:

Pls quit this post if you don't know what to say.

Do you ever read about NATO? Is that a new thing to you, did West Africa not formed ECOMOG during Sierra Leone and Liberia? So you are happy how Russia crossed the line without provocation? So you expect the entire world to sit back and wash a bloody buffon bastard bully to ruin someone else country with no one challenging him or try to stop him baa?

Don't come here again to make comment on Ukrain Russia matter if you don't know what to say.

1 Like

Re: US To Deploy THAAD, Patriot To Shoot Down Russian Missiles by Psoul(m): 4:18pm On Mar 08, 2022
sukkot:
you people are stupid. you look at a peoples history to know their future. in the history of the planet have the arabs or russians or chinese ever had global domination ambitions ? NEVER. who in the his tory of the planet has global domination ambitions and economic terroristic gobal domination ? the west. IF THOSE OTHER GUYS BECOME SUPERPOWER THE WORLD WILL TRADE FREELY AND FAIRLY. Those nations are not known for spending trilions on defence systems to terrorise the world. they just want to do business and make money. they dont have your time

I believe you can still make your contributions without abusing or insulting any one.
Or were you not trained to be civil?

2 Likes

Re: US To Deploy THAAD, Patriot To Shoot Down Russian Missiles by 9gerian: 4:22pm On Mar 08, 2022
This is not so easy because “he that pays the piper dictates the tune”.

The US funds most of the world’s initiatives for research and development, and hence play a leadership role in determining the agenda, scope and direction of a lot of things. This is no small gap to fill, although the EU and China have been stepping up too.

But can you picture where africa is with such initiatives in the scheme of things?

Hammyaladin:
For the better, I think the power stuff should be distributed amongst all countries. If they r all afraid of each other in some way, peace will reign.

1 Like

Re: US To Deploy THAAD, Patriot To Shoot Down Russian Missiles by Invitationn: 4:24pm On Mar 08, 2022
9gerian:
I hope you know that the US as the world super power is still better for the world. Russia being a joint super power is to keep things under check to prevent the US and NATO from having absolute power that corrupts absolutely. We already saw what that did in Libya, Syria, Yugoslavia, Iraq etc.

Neither Russia, nor China will be a better super power than the US. The problem so far has been some individuals who tend to hijack and use the instruments of power (using political groupthink and majority tyranny) to further their own parochial agenda over the whole of mankind.

Prove your claim with good points.
Not just cheap talks
Re: US To Deploy THAAD, Patriot To Shoot Down Russian Missiles by Ferdinandu(m): 4:25pm On Mar 08, 2022
dre11:

https://dailypost.ng/2022/03/08/war-us-to-deploy-thaad-patriot-to-shoot-down-russian-missiles/
US should just go and sit down and work towards amicable settlement between Ukraine and Russia, if possible rule out Ukraine joining NATO. Supplying them weapons to go and continue the killing. Putin is a Mad man and you want to check who have a higher level of madness between you and a mad man
Re: US To Deploy THAAD, Patriot To Shoot Down Russian Missiles by Uchedizzy(f): 4:25pm On Mar 08, 2022
This USA likes making noise and flexing muscles to show they have power over everything
Re: US To Deploy THAAD, Patriot To Shoot Down Russian Missiles by Bluffly: 4:26pm On Mar 08, 2022
PeaceJoyLove:

Which wisdom?

The wisdom that they used to manipulate more old USSR into NATO....they failed on the agreement reached. I used to be pro-NATO. But when we looked at the issue very well, we realised NATO is a demon itself also.

NATO is just a chameleon. That's it. And if Ukraine and Russia's talk gives birth to a new USSR, so be it. Ukraine needs to cover and protect itself. If NATO fails to protect her, then better she remarries Russia. Period!
While will he draw NATO into her war. Ukraine is not NATO so while would he expects NATO to fight her war.

1 Like

Re: US To Deploy THAAD, Patriot To Shoot Down Russian Missiles by VirileNelly2420: 4:26pm On Mar 08, 2022
goodheart01:

Lol.... Olodo he said it’s his choice of words to cover his deficiency. Oga your choice of words is f*cking wrong and misleading. Instead of you to accept your fault and correct yourself u dey jonze. That’s why people like u will never learn when corrected. Anyways it’s normal for all Putin supporters. Most of u are street guys with stolen phones and cheap data

I assumed u're a child dats y I tried replying u at first place. But if really u're an adult, den, u're a Stark illiterate!
Re: US To Deploy THAAD, Patriot To Shoot Down Russian Missiles by victorjoe(m): 4:26pm On Mar 08, 2022
Cubalabloo:

How does it not concern? You threaten the whole world with Nuclear strike if so and so happens and you don't want us to be prepared?
Re: US To Deploy THAAD, Patriot To Shoot Down Russian Missiles by Nobody: 4:29pm On Mar 08, 2022
9gerian:
This is not so easy because “he that pays the piper dictates the tune”.
[b]
The US funds most of the world’s initiatives for research and development, and hence play a leadership role in determining the agenda, scope and direction of a lot of things. This is no small gap to fill, although the EU and China have been stepping up too.

[/b]But can you picture where africa is with such initiatives in the scheme of things?

I get your point. But come to think of it, the American dollar is printed from thing air without any backing. I just feel they got the world by its balls cause Military amarment etc.
Re: US To Deploy THAAD, Patriot To Shoot Down Russian Missiles by CorperKola: 4:34pm On Mar 08, 2022
Hashabiah:
You're making assumptions that don't fit in with the reality at hand . The US has a long history of undermining the political and financial structures of a lot of countries, and have driven them to the brink of politically-imposed suffering ...and yet you're saying they're the best for the world...? Oga, that's the worst thing I've heard this year
China have a gistory of not interfering in other countries internal affairs, at least not the the wxtent of war. And they proudly say it all the time.
So they will be better than America that wants to americanize everywhere

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US To Deploy THAAD, Patriot To Shoot Down Russian Missiles by Bigchristo: 4:38pm On Mar 08, 2022
dre11:

https://dailypost.ng/2022/03/08/war-us-to-deploy-thaad-patriot-to-shoot-down-russian-missiles/
War has started since like 12 days ago y’all are still contemplating, if it was Middle East countries or a smaller Country without nuclear arsenal the US&NATO would have deployed troops to combat them bombard them and claim victory, Russia is holding them in their balls, don’t be surprised Putin doesn’t even have the mind of using Nuke on anyone because it will equally affect them too, but fear of the unknown has gripped NATO and US, the world has see how fearful the biggest political alliance become to a single country called Russia its a shame though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Malik Faisal Akram: FBI Release Photos Of British Muslim Man Who Held 4 Hostage / The War Is Over, Taliban Declares / Flood From Typhoon Destroys Japanese Bullet Trains Worth ₦108b

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.