Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

Lithuania Expels Russian Ambassador. Shuts Down Russian Consulate In Lithuanian - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Lithuania Expels Russian Ambassador. Shuts Down Russian Consulate In Lithuanian (22729 Views)

Andreev, Russian Ambassador To Poland Splattered With Red Paint By Protesters / US To Deploy THAAD, Patriot To Shoot Down Russian Missiles / U.S. Orders Closure Of Russian Consulate In San Francisco (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lithuania Expels Russian Ambassador. Shuts Down Russian Consulate In Lithuanian by Igbofam: 5:23pm On Apr 04, 2022
In response to the Russian military offensive against Ukraine, the Lithuanian administration on Monday, April 4, announced its decision to expel its Russian ambassador.

Lithuania's Ministry of Foreign Affairs in their statement outlined that the ambassador of Russia to Lithuania will need to leave the country.

The government has decided to shut the Consulate General in Klaipeda in response to the ongoing military offensive against Ukraine at the behest of Vladimir Putin. The decision of the Lithuanian administration comes at a time when the military aggression by Russia has entered its 40th day today.

Lithuania's Ministry of Foreign Affairs in their statement revealed that the representatives of the Russian Embassy in Vilnius who had been summoned to the Foreign Ministry have been informed regarding the decision.

Lithuanian Foreign Minister Gabriel Landsbergis asserted that the country has decided to lower the level of diplomatic representation with Moscow. He further added that the ambassador of Russia to Lithuania can return to the country in the near future. Furthermore, Landsbergis underlined that they express full solidarity with Ukrainians who have been suffering for long owing to Russia's "unprecedented aggression."

He also emphasized that Lithuania, in the strongest terms, condemns atrocities committed by Russian armed forces in occupied Ukrainian cities.

'War crimes committed by Russian troops in Ukraine will not be forgotten': Landsbergis

In the statement, Gabriel Landsbergis mentioned the "horrific massacres" in Bucha and other Ukrainian cities. Furthermore, the Lithuanian Foreign Minister warned that the scenes witnessed by the international community in Bucha might be only the beginning.

He further added that they might see more "horrific examples of war crimes" in other liberated cities. He even asserted that the war crimes committed by Russian troops in Ukraine will not be "forgotten." Earlier on April 3, Landsbergis condemned Russia's action in Ukraine's Bucha and stressed that they can imagine what could be happening in other occupied regions.

He called on EU to adopt action, adding that purchasing Russian oil and gas is similar to financing the war crimes.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.republicworld.com/amp/world-news/russia-ukraine-crisis/ukraine-war-lithuania-expels-russian-envoy-decides-to-shut-consulate-general-in-klaipeda-articleshow.html

31 Likes

Re: Lithuania Expels Russian Ambassador. Shuts Down Russian Consulate In Lithuanian by Igbofam: 5:24pm On Apr 04, 2022
Lithuania no send Russia papa at all grin

Ever since they disconnected from Russian gas they have grown balls of steel men.

231 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Lithuania Expels Russian Ambassador. Shuts Down Russian Consulate In Lithuanian by Totilopussylick(m): 5:37pm On Apr 04, 2022
What took them this long

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lithuania Expels Russian Ambassador. Shuts Down Russian Consulate In Lithuanian by BKayy: 5:40pm On Apr 04, 2022
Am I the one that cold will finish in December or buy gas times three the price from Hungarian and Chinese resellers?

Mtcheww... All idiots to their own stupidity. Imagine Lithuania, a country of 63,300 km2 which is roughly the size of Niger state and Oyo shutting the embassy of a country that is actually bigger than the whole of Europe.

Yes, Russia is actually bigger than the whole of Europe like times two.
Europe = 10 million Km2 while
Russia= 17 million km2

I know some of you might wonder out loud that you thought that Russia is part of Europe. Nope, only a small fraction and of Russia is in Europe.
Russia is like a full continent on her own

100 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lithuania Expels Russian Ambassador. Shuts Down Russian Consulate In Lithuanian by mike8804: 5:44pm On Apr 04, 2022
Lithuania not up to Kwara state nor get economic value. Na even bet9ja dey make me know say a country like that exist Everybody wan dey use Russia shine

79 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lithuania Expels Russian Ambassador. Shuts Down Russian Consulate In Lithuanian by BKayy: 5:46pm On Apr 04, 2022
mike8804:
Lithuania not up to Kwara state nor get economic value. Na even bet9ja dey make me know say a country like that exist Everybody wan dey use Russia shine
My guy imagine oh. All these small small countries want to drag for fish in the soup with the big boys.
Lithuania is not seeing what is happening to the second biggest country in Europe (Ukraine) after Russia?

Russia is not Europe mates at all. Imagine with the small fraction of her landmass in Europe (about 2 million Km2) which is 1/8 of her true size, she is still the biggest country in Europe.

38 Likes

Re: Lithuania Expels Russian Ambassador. Shuts Down Russian Consulate In Lithuanian by Igbofam: 5:52pm On Apr 04, 2022
quote author=BKayy Am I the one that cold will finish in December or buy gas times three the price from Hungarian and Chinese resellers?

Mtcheww... All idiots to their own stupidity. Imagine Lithuania, a country of 63,300 km2 which is roughly the size of Niger state and Oyo shutting the embassy of a country that is actually bigger than the whole of Europe.

Yes, Russia is actually bigger than the whole of Europe like times two.
Europe = 10 million Km2 while
Russia= 17 million km2

I know some of you might wonder out loud that you thought that Russia is part of Europe. Nope, only a small fraction and of Russia is in Europe.
Russia is like a full continent on her own

I guess you didn't get the memo grin

Lithuania has disconnected from Russian Gas already. They built their own floating LNG terminal and massive storage.

They now get LNG supplied directly from Norway and USA.

More than enough even that they also supply Estonia and Latvia grin

Don't worry they will not freeze you hear? cheesy wink

178 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Lithuania Expels Russian Ambassador. Shuts Down Russian Consulate In Lithuanian by Nobody: 5:56pm On Apr 04, 2022
I wonder why some people embrace Russia invasion with their neighbors. heart of men thou!!!

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lithuania Expels Russian Ambassador. Shuts Down Russian Consulate In Lithuanian by BKayy: 5:57pm On Apr 04, 2022
Igbofam:

I guess you didn't get the memo grin

Lithuania has disconnected from Russian Gas already. They built their own floating LNG terminal and massive storage.

They now get LNG supplied directly from Norway and USA.

More than enough even that they also supply Estonia and Latvia grin

Don't worry they will not freeze you hear? cheesy wink
Does USA have enough gas for herself? Lol. Speaking of beggars giving alms to the poor

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lithuania Expels Russian Ambassador. Shuts Down Russian Consulate In Lithuanian by Igbofam: 5:59pm On Apr 04, 2022
BKayy:

Does USA have enough gas for herself? Lol. Speaking of beggars giving alms to the poor

USA is actually the highest producer of gas in the world. Much higher than even Russia. So again, don't worry USA has more than enough gas for itself grin

Instead focus on helping your very passionate levels of lack of knowledge about these things wink

134 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Lithuania Expels Russian Ambassador. Shuts Down Russian Consulate In Lithuanian by BKayy: 6:07pm On Apr 04, 2022
Igbofam:

USA is actually the highest producer of gas in the world. Much higher than even Russia. So again, don't worry USA has more than enough gas for itself grin

Instead focus on helping your very passionate levels of lack of knowledge about these things wink
And that will be put to a test.

You know one thing you should learn? It is to understand what you are trying to talk trash about before celebrating your ignorance.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lithuania Expels Russian Ambassador. Shuts Down Russian Consulate In Lithuanian by Igbofam: 6:15pm On Apr 04, 2022
BKayy:

And that will be put to a test.

You know one thing you should learn? It is to understand what you are trying to talk trash about before celebrating your ignorance.

Chai I never knew that dumb people boldly display it.

Russia is the largest exporter because USA has been hoarding grin

You think US depends on Oil and Gas exports as desperately ad Russia does? grin

Russia's economy is parasitically alive due to its huge dependence on fossil fuel.

However in terms of which country actually produces more gas USA is King.

Read your own attachment and understand it rather than exposing your own foolishness. I am talking about HIGHEST PRODUCING while you are busy with HIGHEST EXPORTING. Are you high? grin

205 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Lithuania Expels Russian Ambassador. Shuts Down Russian Consulate In Lithuanian by BKayy: 6:24pm On Apr 04, 2022
Igbofam:

Chai I never knew that dumb people boldly display it.

Russia is the largest exporter because USA has been hording grin

You think US depends on Oil and Gas exports as desperately ad Russia does? grin

Russia's economy is parasitically alive due to its huge dependence on fossil fuel.

However in terms of which country actually produces more gas USA is King.

Read your own attachment and understand it rather than exposing your own foolishness. I am talking about HIGHEST PRODUCING while you are busy with HIGHEST EXPORTING. Are you high? grin
It is obvious that your brain is just the output device of Western Propaganda.

When I said that it will be put to test, a reasonable person would have understood that it is time to put what the USA has been brandishing on paper to an actual test but a "gabbage in, gabbage out" like you only resort to expose more of the hidden talent of stupidity in his body.

Atleast you've now known that Russia is the proven largest exporter of gas

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lithuania Expels Russian Ambassador. Shuts Down Russian Consulate In Lithuanian by Igbofam: 6:27pm On Apr 04, 2022
BKayy:

It is obvious that your brain is just the output device of Western Propaganda.

When I said that it will be put to test, a reasonable person would have understood that it is time to put what the USA has been brandishing on paper to an actual test but a "gabbage in, gabbage out" like you only resort to expose more of the hidden talent of stupidity in his body.

Atleast you've now known that Russia is the proven largest exporter of gas

Kai your mumu get serious horn Sha grin

Here I am talking about HIGHEST PRODUCER and despite typing it in capitals so you can see it, you still somehow missed it

Abeg tell me what HIGHEST PRODUCER has to do with HIGHEST EXPORTER.

Prove your wasted school fees cheesy

124 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lithuania Expels Russian Ambassador. Shuts Down Russian Consulate In Lithuanian by BKayy: 6:33pm On Apr 04, 2022
Igbofam:

Kai your mumu get serious horn Sha grin

Here I am talking about HIGHEST PRODUCER and despite typing it in capitals so you can see it, you still somehow missed it

Abeg tell me what HIGHEST PRODUCER has to do with HIGHEST EXPORTER.

Prove your wasted school fees cheesy
Anybody can claim to be the highest producer until need to prove it arises.

A reasonable person don't take statistics borne out of maintaining influence serious until the need to prove it comes.

You would have understood this simple thing if you have been thinking for yourself.

How can a country like USA claim to be the highest producer of gas when she neither has the highest gas reserve nor export the highest quantity of gas?

Who exactly are they producing it for?

50 Likes

Re: Lithuania Expels Russian Ambassador. Shuts Down Russian Consulate In Lithuanian by sapientia(m): 9:12pm On Apr 04, 2022
Benefits of being a NATO country

You can call Russia bluff

If it was not a NATO country, Russia would have been threatening them by by now

27 Likes

Re: Lithuania Expels Russian Ambassador. Shuts Down Russian Consulate In Lithuanian by englishmart(m): 9:21pm On Apr 04, 2022
We dey find meat for pot, periwinkle come dey jump-jump, dey clap-clap, dey shake shake waist.

24 Likes

Re: Lithuania Expels Russian Ambassador. Shuts Down Russian Consulate In Lithuanian by posty56: 9:21pm On Apr 04, 2022
all of you up there shouting Lithuania is Lithuania is small, is Israel not small? yet see the power they command , Lithuania just became independent from Russia gas, more to follow their footstep, while Russia economy slowly crumbles from isolation

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lithuania Expels Russian Ambassador. Shuts Down Russian Consulate In Lithuanian by Realists(m): 9:21pm On Apr 04, 2022
Hmmm, imagine Mushrooms country is following USA to fight Russia, just for them to trend online.

2 Likes

Re: Lithuania Expels Russian Ambassador. Shuts Down Russian Consulate In Lithuanian by Topmaike007(m): 9:22pm On Apr 04, 2022
Ok
Re: Lithuania Expels Russian Ambassador. Shuts Down Russian Consulate In Lithuanian by Dorcmass(m): 9:22pm On Apr 04, 2022
have foreget what i want to comment self
Re: Lithuania Expels Russian Ambassador. Shuts Down Russian Consulate In Lithuanian by ikorodureporta: 9:23pm On Apr 04, 2022
grin
Re: Lithuania Expels Russian Ambassador. Shuts Down Russian Consulate In Lithuanian by Horokrox: 9:24pm On Apr 04, 2022
Igbofam:
Lithuania no send Russia papa at all grin

Ever since they disconnected from Russian gas they have grown balls of steel men.
you be correct ZOMBIE undecided

7 Likes

Re: Lithuania Expels Russian Ambassador. Shuts Down Russian Consulate In Lithuanian by Padipadi(m): 9:24pm On Apr 04, 2022
Up Lithuania. The country with balls bigger than that of Belarus. Fuc k Belarus, fuc k Russia,fuc k Putin.
In fact Putin should be starved from eating. He should be sent to a fake cele pastors for deliverance. They should flog his cat face with lots of APC campaign brooms & let the demon in him flee back to Russian snow mountain.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lithuania Expels Russian Ambassador. Shuts Down Russian Consulate In Lithuanian by Topmaike007(m): 9:24pm On Apr 04, 2022
mike8804:
as in ehhn if no be football I no Sabi them

2 Likes

Re: Lithuania Expels Russian Ambassador. Shuts Down Russian Consulate In Lithuanian by Baawaa(m): 9:24pm On Apr 04, 2022
Putin don't fucking care

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lithuania Expels Russian Ambassador. Shuts Down Russian Consulate In Lithuanian by ButterBurger: 9:24pm On Apr 04, 2022
Na so
Lithuania no fo
Re: Lithuania Expels Russian Ambassador. Shuts Down Russian Consulate In Lithuanian by Nobody: 9:24pm On Apr 04, 2022
BKayy:

My guy imagine oh. All these small small countries want to drag for fish in the soup with the big boys.
Lithuania is not seeing what is happening to the second biggest country in Europe (Ukraine) after Russia?

Russia is not Europe mates at all. Imagine with the small fraction of her landmass in Europe (about 2 million Km2) which is 1/8 of her true size, she is still the biggest country in Europe.
It's not about size, it's about men with BALLS

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lithuania Expels Russian Ambassador. Shuts Down Russian Consulate In Lithuanian by Electrochemistry(m): 9:25pm On Apr 04, 2022
Re: Lithuania Expels Russian Ambassador. Shuts Down Russian Consulate In Lithuanian by Skillsnigeria: 9:25pm On Apr 04, 2022
That's good and nice

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bananas Thrown At Black Italian Minister During Speech. / Nine Dead In Freedom City Mall Stampede In Namasuba, Uganda (disturbing Photos) / Israel: GPS Disabled And IDF Leave Cancelled Over Iran Threat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.