Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,479 members, 7,826,809 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

Court Sacks Dave Umahi Over Defection To APC - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Sacks Dave Umahi Over Defection To APC (45172 Views)

PDP Jubilates Over Defection Of Ben Ayade In Cross River / ‘We won’t join you in APC’ — Ebonyi lawmakers tackle Umahi over defection / EBSU Students Appreciate Governor Umahi Over Construction Of Road (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Sacks Dave Umahi Over Defection To APC by garfield1: 2:22pm On Mar 08, 2022
Etimemy:
Ayade is next

He wasn't taken to court

1 Like

Re: Court Sacks Dave Umahi Over Defection To APC by kahal29: 2:23pm On Mar 08, 2022
fergie001:

grin grin grin grin grin

Inyang Ekwo is a sacker....He sacked Degi, the Okigwe man, Andy Uba, Uche Nwosu.

Hahaha

Seriously what do you think about this judgement? Especially the aspect he said that votes are not transferable?

What of those votes of other parties that the supreme court has been transferring?

1 Like

Re: Court Sacks Dave Umahi Over Defection To APC by slowice(m): 2:23pm On Mar 08, 2022
Politicians on this table plenty grin

But dave is good and hardworking.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Sacks Dave Umahi Over Defection To APC by Tmex(m): 2:24pm On Mar 08, 2022
emmykk:

Speaker of House of Assembly
According to the reports, he decamped with the governor.
Re: Court Sacks Dave Umahi Over Defection To APC by fergie001: 2:24pm On Mar 08, 2022
garfield1:

That man is always going left.luckily for umahi,the law is silent on the defection of governors but it is not in the case of lawmakers so those 17 lawmakers might lose their seats
Just like I told you in that Zamfara own, the lawmakers will be affected.

I want to be circumspect until I see the full judgement but I believe Faleke v INEC brought about this where the Supreme Court said the votes belong to a Party and not the Candidate.

1 Like

Re: Court Sacks Dave Umahi Over Defection To APC by IPIGSRHYPO: 2:25pm On Mar 08, 2022
Must be an IPIG judgment by an IPIG terrorist Judge. I'm sure it will not stand.
Clown judge grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Sacks Dave Umahi Over Defection To APC by CSTRR: 2:26pm On Mar 08, 2022
Igbodicool:
How?

After APC zoned their presidency to SW?
We told them on Biafra we stand they never believed us.

Why is Nigeria desperate about Igbo being part of it?
Because no country likes to lose territory.

1 Like

Re: Court Sacks Dave Umahi Over Defection To APC by Ojiofor: 2:26pm On Mar 08, 2022
Umahi will serve out his term as he will likely appeal this judgement,btw,Is he the only governor that decamped to another party?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Sacks Dave Umahi Over Defection To APC by fergie001: 2:26pm On Mar 08, 2022
kahal29:
Hahaha

Seriously what do you think about this judgement? Especially the aspect he said that votes are not transferable?

What of those votes of other parties that the supreme court has been transferring?
Supreme Court doesn't transfer votes, they only 'kill' the votes of an unqualified candidate.

The Constitution is silent about defection of those in Section 308, as this only affects lawmakers. This is a new one....

1 Like

Re: Court Sacks Dave Umahi Over Defection To APC by Reinvented: 2:28pm On Mar 08, 2022
seunmsg:
This judgement cannot stand.
Supreme court judge abi? The court said "it is unconstitutional". That people have not challenged the stupidity of Umahi, Matawalle and Ayade does not mean they have not rode rough.

6 Likes

Re: Court Sacks Dave Umahi Over Defection To APC by Nobody: 2:28pm On Mar 08, 2022
I keep saying it that ibos are their own enemies. One by one they will fight themselves out of this Aso Rock race as usual. Is it another region fighting this ibo gov? No. His own people in ebonyi state. They will fight him out of it. Now, he has lost focus...he cant chase Aso Rock seat with full concentration. He is going to start defending his mandate here. grin

See, ibo is not ready at all. I am very confident they arent getting to Aso rock for another 16 years. Na chests dem go dey beat online. grin

3 Likes

Re: Court Sacks Dave Umahi Over Defection To APC by kahal29: 2:28pm On Mar 08, 2022
fergie001:

Supreme Court doesn't transfer votes, they only 'kill' the votes of an unqualified candidate.

The Constitution is silent about defection of those in Section 308, as this only affects lawmakers. This is a new one....

Hahaha

I dey laugh
Re: Court Sacks Dave Umahi Over Defection To APC by chukwuoke(m): 2:29pm On Mar 08, 2022
Good one. Cross River should follow this trend.

Re: Court Sacks Dave Umahi Over Defection To APC by na2016: 2:29pm On Mar 08, 2022
doctokwus:

The speaker of the state assembly.

If he had decamped too, he will not take over. This judgment is really complicated.
Re: Court Sacks Dave Umahi Over Defection To APC by na2016: 2:30pm On Mar 08, 2022
chukwuoke:
Good one. Cross River should follow this trend.

if nobody challenged the CRS in court, it will not follow

4 Likes

Re: Court Sacks Dave Umahi Over Defection To APC by Pecca: 2:31pm On Mar 08, 2022
iwaeda:

Details later..

https://dailytrust.com/breaking-court-sacks-ebonyi-governor-over-defection-to-apc

Oh! How i wish this will be sustained at all level of the judiciary. It'll serve as a landmark judgement

1 Like

Re: Court Sacks Dave Umahi Over Defection To APC by Whynotthetruth(m): 2:31pm On Mar 08, 2022
Otuegbe:
Who will now take over

speaker will be sworn in
Re: Court Sacks Dave Umahi Over Defection To APC by garfield1: 2:33pm On Mar 08, 2022
fergie001:

Just like I told you in that Zamfara own, the lawmakers will be affected.

I want to be circumspect until I see the full judgement but I believe Faleke v INEC brought about this where the Supreme Court said the votes belong to a Party and not the Candidate.

Yes,the faleke vs inec case does not apply.that was pre election.the constitution is clear on how a governor can be removed from office post election and defextiion is not among
Re: Court Sacks Dave Umahi Over Defection To APC by Odidigboigbo(m): 2:34pm On Mar 08, 2022
garfield1:

Umahi will prevail at the appeal
Hope so but logically, there was no basis for his defecting, he was in control of the party in his state before defection and there was no faction both in his state and national level. He aught to have vacate the seat long time ago since Supreme court has ruled that party was the one voted for not candidate. Yaya Below and APC Vs PDP, 2016, but this is Nigeria, anything can happen.

3 Likes

Re: Court Sacks Dave Umahi Over Defection To APC by Mozegee: 2:34pm On Mar 08, 2022
I really do no know u,but u have made my day with this ur write up.i was telling my wife that I foresee this to happen. The fulanis will do it in other to retain power
oilPUSSY:

Politics is a very dirty and very complicated game.. You can't even predict the next thing that will happen..

My mind is telling me that Supreme court might sack Buhari on the eve of presidential election in 2023 then order for Atiku to take over undecided

2 Likes

Re: Court Sacks Dave Umahi Over Defection To APC by Adau123(m): 2:34pm On Mar 08, 2022
LordviccoDaGuru:
[s][/s]

fake news, they have dismissed this case since

Mynd44 dominique rule 8
You are still in bed
Re: Court Sacks Dave Umahi Over Defection To APC by Ayed44: 2:37pm On Mar 08, 2022
Fake news. cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Court Sacks Dave Umahi Over Defection To APC by OBALOLA55(m): 2:37pm On Mar 08, 2022
Clintifydan:
I smell something fishy... why would the court sack a sitting APC candidate ? abi buhari wan do APC wetin hitler do soviet union
YOU ARE CONFUSING US WITH YOUR ENGLISH SIR sad
Re: Court Sacks Dave Umahi Over Defection To APC by adeoba2008(m): 2:39pm On Mar 08, 2022
Tmex:

$1million question
The Speaker of the House Of Assembly.
Re: Court Sacks Dave Umahi Over Defection To APC by maestroferddi: 2:40pm On Mar 08, 2022
Ddokie:

It will end up at the supreme court. When it gets to the supreme court, its between Wike and Umahi.
Umahi began to grow beyond his breeches...

Yes he worked in Ebonyi but that is no reason for him to become heady and unconscionably arrogant to challenge and disregard the order of things especially in Igboland.

With the way the Nigerian system runs, the judgement is timed to put him in his place per the presidential bid.

It will certainly get to the Supreme Court where Tanko presides...

Umahi will have his hands full with trying to put out the fire ignited by this judgement so much that any quest for the number job will become untenable and ridiculous...

Small pikin about learning the hard way.

6 Likes

Re: Court Sacks Dave Umahi Over Defection To APC by ojembaojemba: 2:41pm On Mar 08, 2022
Speaker
Re: Court Sacks Dave Umahi Over Defection To APC by garfield1: 2:42pm On Mar 08, 2022
Odidigboigbo:
Hope so but logically, there was no basis for his defecting, he was in control of the party in his state before defection and there was no faction both in his state and national level. He aught to have vacate the seat long time ago since Supreme court has ruled that party was one voted for not candidate. Yaya Below and APC Vs PDP, 2016, but this Nigeria, anything can happen.

Noo,pooliittics is all about interest and his best interests are in apc.faleke vs bello are not applicable in this instance
Re: Court Sacks Dave Umahi Over Defection To APC by geraldo077: 2:42pm On Mar 08, 2022
If this judgement stands upon appeal this will be a massive game changer in the face of politics in Nigeria.
You cannot use a political party to get a mandate only to defect and start forcing elected politicians to defect against their will...

Zamora should be the next stop.

1 Like

Re: Court Sacks Dave Umahi Over Defection To APC by Siwisheswereesh: 2:43pm On Mar 08, 2022
Wow
Re: Court Sacks Dave Umahi Over Defection To APC by jrusky(m): 2:43pm On Mar 08, 2022
OBALOLA55:
shocked

CHAI, INFACT I DEY SHAME FOR DAVE UMAHI embarassed

No need to be ashamed bro. That Umahi must go down I naturally dislike that man with passion. He is a rebel governor the Fulani empire in Katsina can make their governor or make RUGA governor of the North for the North.

A man who hate criticism, arresting and detaining whoever challenge him, force his entire cabinet to moved to apc he does not deserve leadership sit in any Southern region.

Thunder fire Umahi.

1 Like

Re: Court Sacks Dave Umahi Over Defection To APC by maestroferddi: 2:44pm On Mar 08, 2022
Whynotthetruth:

speaker will be sworn in
Na today?!

Try read the judgement in full and the recommendation of the judge.

He has asked the PDP to furnish INEC with candidates to reclaim their mandate...

Umahi might not be removed but his days as a potent force in the scheme of things are definitely over.

He only has himself to blame...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Shettima: Senate President, Speaker Can’t Be Of Same Faith / Maiduguri Under Attack On Election Day, 7 Explosions Occur Within 10 Minutes / Adekunle Akinlade Emerges APC Ogun Governorship Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.