Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,543 members, 7,827,027 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

[BREAKING]: Court Sacks Ebonyi Governor, Speaker For Defecting To APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / [BREAKING]: Court Sacks Ebonyi Governor, Speaker For Defecting To APC (726 Views)

Court Sacks Senator Emmanuel Bwacha For Defecting to APC / Court Sacks 20 Cross River Lawmakers For Defecting To APC / Gov. Fayemi, Deputy Governor, Speaker Attend Jumat At Central Mosque, Ado Ekiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

[BREAKING]: Court Sacks Ebonyi Governor, Speaker For Defecting To APC by Haywhyho7(m): 1:53pm On Mar 08, 2022
A Federal High Court in Abuja has sacked Governor Dave Umahi, his deputy, Eric Igwe, and the Speaker of the state assembly, Hon Francis Nwifuru, for defecting to the All Progressives Congress (APC).

Justice Inyang Ekwo, in a judgement, on Tuesday, held that their defection was unconstitutional.

The two-term governor, who was elected on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), joined the APC in 2020.

Shortly after the governor and his deputy crossed over to the APC, the speaker and some lawmakers joined them.

In his ruling, Ekwo ordered all the lawmakers who defected to vacate their seats.

Details later…

Read Here: https://livenews.ng/breaking-court-sacks-ebonyi-governor-speaker-for-defecting-to-apc/

Re: [BREAKING]: Court Sacks Ebonyi Governor, Speaker For Defecting To APC by Emmyreal4(m): 1:54pm On Mar 08, 2022
grin grin grin grin
Re: [BREAKING]: Court Sacks Ebonyi Governor, Speaker For Defecting To APC by Olaoluwa112(m): 1:54pm On Mar 08, 2022
Wow.

Thought Apc are the only party who does this shit.

Those parties are one, same result different strategies.
Re: [BREAKING]: Court Sacks Ebonyi Governor, Speaker For Defecting To APC by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 1:54pm On Mar 08, 2022
very good...bunch of ediots,both sacker and sackee..all thieves

1 Like

Re: [BREAKING]: Court Sacks Ebonyi Governor, Speaker For Defecting To APC by Officialgarri: 1:55pm On Mar 08, 2022
All these village court that can't even pronounce judgment in the little village they are built.

Abeg tell me, wetin this kind court wan tell me wey I go answer? Even if na death sentence, I go just book Uber to carry me go house..

Re: [BREAKING]: Court Sacks Ebonyi Governor, Speaker For Defecting To APC by Whiteangel1234: 1:55pm On Mar 08, 2022
Tinubu na bad man naso Umahi go take get Igbo presidency ?
Re: [BREAKING]: Court Sacks Ebonyi Governor, Speaker For Defecting To APC by Xscape1993(m): 1:56pm On Mar 08, 2022
More divisions and factions still awaiting the evil party. My prophecies are indeed coming to pass ooo.

1 Like

Re: [BREAKING]: Court Sacks Ebonyi Governor, Speaker For Defecting To APC by Christistruth00: 1:56pm On Mar 08, 2022
But Dave Umahi is the only Performing Governor in the SE

How come Gov Obaseki of Edo State was not sacked when he defected to PDP ?

This judgment can bring down Obaseki’s Government that means he was not a valid PDP Governorship Candidate because he should have first relinquished the Governors Position before running in the Election

Let us Just Pray the Judiciary is not deliberately trying to destabilise Nigeria
Re: [BREAKING]: Court Sacks Ebonyi Governor, Speaker For Defecting To APC by immortalcrown(m): 1:57pm On Mar 08, 2022
Neither Umahi nor the court that sacked him means well for the masses. It is all about selfish (personal) political interest. Is it this year that Umahi joined APC? Was the court sleeping until today? They just weaponize everything when they are desperate.

1 Like

Re: [BREAKING]: Court Sacks Ebonyi Governor, Speaker For Defecting To APC by Nobody: 1:59pm On Mar 08, 2022
Haywhyho7:
A Federal High Court in Abuja has sacked Governor Dave Umahi, his deputy, Eric Igwe, and the Speaker of the state assembly, Hon Francis Nwifuru, for defecting to the All Progressives Congress (APC).

Justice Inyang Ekwo, in a judgement, on Tuesday, held that their defection was unconstitutional.

The two-term governor, who was elected on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), joined the APC in 2020.

Shortly after the governor and his deputy crossed over to the APC, the speaker and some lawmakers joined them.

In his ruling, Ekwo ordered all the lawmakers who defected to vacate their seats.

Details later…

Read Here: https://livenews.ng/breaking-court-sacks-ebonyi-governor-speaker-for-defecting-to-apc/

Yeye man lolz
Re: [BREAKING]: Court Sacks Ebonyi Governor, Speaker For Defecting To APC by FreeStuffsNG: 2:00pm On Mar 08, 2022
Hmmm.
Re: [BREAKING]: Court Sacks Ebonyi Governor, Speaker For Defecting To APC by marsman: 2:01pm On Mar 08, 2022
Officialgarri:
All these village court that can't even pronounce judgment in the little village they are built.

Abeg tell me, wetin this kind court wan tell me wey I go answer? Even if na death sentence, I go just book Uber to carry me go house..
Federal high court in Abuja, not the one in your village

1 Like

Re: [BREAKING]: Court Sacks Ebonyi Governor, Speaker For Defecting To APC by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 2:01pm On Mar 08, 2022
Nawa o
Re: [BREAKING]: Court Sacks Ebonyi Governor, Speaker For Defecting To APC by stasius: 2:01pm On Mar 08, 2022
Interesting.
Re: [BREAKING]: Court Sacks Ebonyi Governor, Speaker For Defecting To APC by Praxis758: 2:01pm On Mar 08, 2022
Who is now constitutional qualified to step in as governor and deputy?

The speaker or runner up during the primary?

1 Like

Re: [BREAKING]: Court Sacks Ebonyi Governor, Speaker For Defecting To APC by kelechiodo(m): 2:02pm On Mar 08, 2022
Long overdue
Re: [BREAKING]: Court Sacks Ebonyi Governor, Speaker For Defecting To APC by noleflendum: 2:02pm On Mar 08, 2022
another bad news to y1bo presidency
Re: [BREAKING]: Court Sacks Ebonyi Governor, Speaker For Defecting To APC by kuntash: 2:03pm On Mar 08, 2022
Selfish lots,

desperate people, thinking the APC might give the zone presidency ...
Re: [BREAKING]: Court Sacks Ebonyi Governor, Speaker For Defecting To APC by dialfa: 2:03pm On Mar 08, 2022
So who is the governor now?

Who will he hand over to?
Re: [BREAKING]: Court Sacks Ebonyi Governor, Speaker For Defecting To APC by Emir01: 2:04pm On Mar 08, 2022
Praxis758:
Who is now constitutional qualified to step in as governor and deputy?

The speaker or runner up during the primary?

He will appeal the judgement immediately.
Re: [BREAKING]: Court Sacks Ebonyi Governor, Speaker For Defecting To APC by Mynd44: 2:19pm On Mar 08, 2022

(1)

Video: Mrs Moghalu Knocks Aisha Buhari, Fed. Govt Over Kaduna Train Attack / Anambra People Are Xenophobic / Gunmen Destroy Imo Commissioner's House (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.