Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,526 members, 7,826,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Biden : "We're Banning All Imports Of Russian Gas, Oil And Energy - Foreign Affairs (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Biden : "We're Banning All Imports Of Russian Gas, Oil And Energy (34453 Views)

As EU Eyes Stopping Russian Gas Imports, Israel Sees An Opening ( Pix) / Ukraine Sailor Attempts To Sink £5 Million Yacht Of Russian Boss (pics) / Aftermath Of Russian Air Strikes In Ukraine’s Kharkiv (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biden : "We're Banning All Imports Of Russian Gas, Oil And Energy by naijaman2225(m): 10:29pm On Mar 08, 2022
Funkyswagzz:

Dont forget nato is the real reason russia invaded ukraine.. the main aim of nato is to pin russia down. Forget about that freedom shit this war was meant to happen. Russia listed what they want from ukraine remember these are two brothers. Now zelensky invited nato to come into ukraine and they backed down. This is exactly were nato want ukraine and russia to be.. its a premeditated attempt to sabotage that region so dont come here talkin about freedom cos russia wont allow nato into there doorstep. Bdw putin warned nato about what is to and they ignored it. Please stop these sentiment about fighting for freedom.. was russia operating under a martial law?
IF THE ISSUE IS ABOUT UKRAINE'S IMPENDING MEMBERSHIP OF NATO THEN RUSSIA IS ONLY BEING DUPLICITOUS IN INVADING UKRAINE.
1. 'IMPENDING' IS NOT THE SAME AS ACTUAL MEMBERSHIP
2. OTHER FORMER SOVIET UNION STATES ARE ALREADY MEMBERS OF NATO (Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania) AND HASN'T INVADED THEM
3. RUSSIA ITSELF IS ALREADY PART OF A MILITARY ALLIANCE, THE CSTO( COLLECTIVE SECURITY TREATY ORGANIZATION) . SO WHAT IS GOOD FOR RUSSIA SHOULD ALSO BE GOOD FOR UKRAINE.
This war is not really about NATO membership but of other matters. Firstly, Putin is still smarting from the loss of his Manchurian candidate in the White House and looking for a way to 'punish' Biden and the Democrats for it in the MID-TERM elections. Secondly, Putin never fully recovered from the collapse of the Soviet Union. He has referred to that event as a catastrophe. Thirdly, he has been carrying out aggression against neighbouring countries, including Ukraine, and been getting away with it.

1 Like

Re: Biden : "We're Banning All Imports Of Russian Gas, Oil And Energy by Funkyswagzz(m): 10:49pm On Mar 08, 2022
naijaman2225:

IF THE ISSUE IS ABOUT UKRAINE'S IMPENDING MEMBERSHIP OF NATO THEN RUSSIA IS ONLY BEING DUPLICITOUS IN INVADING UKRAINE.
1. 'IMPENDING' IS NOT THE SAME AS ACTUAL MEMBERSHIP
2. OTHER FORMER SOVIET UNION STATES ARE ALREADY MEMBERS OF NATO (Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania) AND HASN'T INVADED THEM
3. RUSSIA ITSELF IS ALREADY PART OF A MILITARY ALLIANCE, THE CSTO( COLLECTIVE SECURITY TREATY ORGANIZATION) . SO WHAT IS GOOD FOR RUSSIA SHOULD ALSO BE GOOD FOR UKRAINE.
This war is not really about NATO membership but of other matters. Firstly, Putin is still smarting from the loss of his Manchurian candidate in the White House and looking for a way to 'punish' Biden and the Democrats for it in the MID-TERM elections. Secondly, Putin never fully recovered from the collapse of the Soviet Union. He has referred to that event as a catastrophe. Thirdly, he has been carrying out aggression against neighbouring countries, including Ukraine, and been getting away with it.

So in essence russia shouldn't panic if georgia, kazakhstan and ukraine join nato? Also why did they suspend russia from being a member of nato?
Re: Biden : "We're Banning All Imports Of Russian Gas, Oil And Energy by MyAmericandream(f): 11:01pm On Mar 08, 2022
EmmanuelScott1:
JUST IN - Average gas prices in the U.S. reached $4.17 per gallon today, the highest in history, breaking the previous record of $4.11 set in July 2008.

@disclosetv

At my end here is 4.75.
Re: Biden : "We're Banning All Imports Of Russian Gas, Oil And Energy by JOemmy(m): 11:02pm On Mar 08, 2022
Look at how mad man Putin single handedly isolated and brought mass poverty to his own people this is the disadvantages of allowing a president to spend too much time in office putin have outlived his usefulness he either resign now or a russian patriot should do the needful to liberate the russian populace before it becomes too late.
Re: Biden : "We're Banning All Imports Of Russian Gas, Oil And Energy by everythinggirly(f): 11:13pm On Mar 08, 2022
This is simply because of the fight, nothing more.
Re: Biden : "We're Banning All Imports Of Russian Gas, Oil And Energy by feedthenation(m): 11:15pm On Mar 08, 2022
---this is a good opportunity to sell their oil to China---
Re: Biden : "We're Banning All Imports Of Russian Gas, Oil And Energy by IMEI: 11:27pm On Mar 08, 2022
naijaman2225:
REALLY??... I LAUGH IN KISWAHILI.
I laugh at your CLUELESSNESS
See you being a typical House Nigga
Re: Biden : "We're Banning All Imports Of Russian Gas, Oil And Energy by Flytime: 11:31pm On Mar 08, 2022
rofanx13:
Nigeria will cash in big time.
Lete see how ApC government will handle the oil proceeds.
Congratulations to Nigeria
nigeria would only cash out if we were refining our oil but instead we sell the raw form and import the finished form and they would also increase the price of the finished form which still bring it down to the same level

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biden : "We're Banning All Imports Of Russian Gas, Oil And Energy by Emmyxclusive: 12:00am On Mar 09, 2022
naijaman2225:

YES BUT DON'T FORGET THAT VENEZUELA ABSTAINED TO SUPPORT RUSSIA AT THE UNITED NATIONS. BESIDES VENEZUELA NEEDS YANKEE DOLLARS AND 700,000 BARRELS OF OIL SOLD DAILY TO THE UNITED STATES IS NOT SOMETHING TO SNEER AT.
infact it looks like Venezuela is about to switch allegiance because of cash. I just watched the Venezuelan president talked about the meeting between USA envoy and Venezuela, damn the man was so happy the meeting took place. Let me qoute some of the words he said if I can remember. "we just held a meeting between the USA and Venezuelan govt, the meeting was held in the presidential official, the first officice which I presided over myself. The flag of the USA was there, the flag of Venezuela was also there, beautifully placed just how it should be"i just dey laf. The guy will be so happy if USA lift the sanctions. It looks like Joe Biden is that dull after all, looks like the man is wise

1 Like

Re: Biden : "We're Banning All Imports Of Russian Gas, Oil And Energy by goodheart01: 12:50am On Mar 09, 2022
abobote:
Good one, Putin fan base says the world can not survive without Russian oil and gas

U dey mind them. Those my geez like MangekyoAlt and DoggoneDogg should come and see. Venezuela oil loading

1 Like

Re: Biden : "We're Banning All Imports Of Russian Gas, Oil And Energy by goodheart01: 12:53am On Mar 09, 2022
ceaser:
Na US citizens go suffer am. By the time better cold hold the citizens well, dem no go tell Biden before he relaxes the ban.

Abeg, Vladimir helep us reroute your LPG to Nigeria make well get price crash
. Like buying 12.5kg for 700 naira.

Which cold?? This one no dey think before him talk. US only buys 3% of Russian crude. So how come cold didn’t kill them since. There is enough crude in Texas and they’re also going for Venezuela crude now. Putin is in shit

1 Like

Re: Biden : "We're Banning All Imports Of Russian Gas, Oil And Energy by goodheart01: 12:55am On Mar 09, 2022
lomprico:

By making price of petrol go up in US abi?

If u don’t understand world economy just keep mute and learn from better people

1 Like

Re: Biden : "We're Banning All Imports Of Russian Gas, Oil And Energy by goodheart01: 12:57am On Mar 09, 2022
colestephan86:

The ban is meaningless, US account to only 1% of Russia oil export..
They will get buyers for their oil.

Okay u guys have dropped it to one percent because US finally banned it. I thought u guys said they can’t stop depending on Russian crude and then u people said it was 8%. Oga the real data is 3% and US has banned the shit on Russian crude simple

1 Like

Re: Biden : "We're Banning All Imports Of Russian Gas, Oil And Energy by goodheart01: 1:00am On Mar 09, 2022
Appleyard:

It's already double digits.

Hate make u people not reason well. The US has never been reliant on Russian crude. It’s just 3% of it they buy from them. Moreover the American government has modules in lace to cushion the effect of any inflation especially from their reserves. A little research will help u out

1 Like

Re: Biden : "We're Banning All Imports Of Russian Gas, Oil And Energy by goodheart01: 1:03am On Mar 09, 2022
WarriAproko:
ask North Korea. They do their things themself

U again! Chai... u no dey try to think at all. North Korea never faced this type of sanctions Russia is facing today. Moreover how good is the North Korean economy today even with the littlest sanctions
Re: Biden : "We're Banning All Imports Of Russian Gas, Oil And Energy by calcal: 1:11am On Mar 09, 2022
Damidave1124:
Both parties (US and Russia) economy will be affected

You are correct, the thing is affecting the American working-class already, price of foodstuff is double now, Petro is more than double, wages remain the same.

In a few months, the rate which Americans will be filing for bankruptcy will double, more people will be homeless also.

miss mortgage payment 3 times, in America that is homeless but in Russia, it is not.

I think it will affect the working class in America than in Russia

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biden : "We're Banning All Imports Of Russian Gas, Oil And Energy by InvertedHammer: 1:23am On Mar 09, 2022
Armaggedon:
US is running out of options. In the present case, they now sanction one country by replacing them with another country in their sanctions list. Imagine running to Venezuela or Iran for oil supply.

Moreover, this rash of sanctions helps no one. It will easily lead to global economic recession and also bring the 'BRICS' together, creating a separate and viable economic sphere of influence for the Chinese. This will hurt the west in the long run.
/

You are funny!

You forgot the most important attribute of US--they are bullies. They can arm-twist at least 90% of the countries in the world. grin

What is playing out is one bully telling another bully to leave the little guy alone.

/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biden : "We're Banning All Imports Of Russian Gas, Oil And Energy by Gospel2Day: 2:48am On Mar 09, 2022
Realist12:
Lol , we all know the EU can't take the same steps , they'd rather protect their citizens life and interests first . That's what the comedian failed to realize dragging his citizens to wrong allegiance.

But his citizens are not complaining or blaming him.
There is what is called national pride.
They do not want to be a vassal state to Russia. Simple.
Some people are not like Africans, always worshipping the high and mighty.
Every sovereign nation should be left to decide their own destiny, without harassment or threats from any superpower. Period.
Shalom.
Re: Biden : "We're Banning All Imports Of Russian Gas, Oil And Energy by revolt(m): 5:46am On Mar 09, 2022
baralatie:
Is the US economy not been indirectly dragged alongside Russia like this so

Its really getting stupid... 2024 should reach quick b4 these ppl take us to war
Re: Biden : "We're Banning All Imports Of Russian Gas, Oil And Energy by WarriAproko: 7:11am On Mar 09, 2022
goodheart01:

U again! Chai... u no dey try to think at all. North Korea never faced this type of sanctions Russia is facing today. Moreover how good is the North Korean economy today even with the littlest sanctions
have i been to North Korea before
Re: Biden : "We're Banning All Imports Of Russian Gas, Oil And Energy by Alusiizizi(m): 7:22am On Mar 09, 2022
naijaman2225:

DIS MATA DEY PAIN U SHA!!!. MY SYMPATHY. FOR YOU INFORMATION, THE U.S IS ALREADY DISCUSSING WITH VENEZUELA. SO THE CONSEQUENCES ON THE AMERICAN ECONOMY WON'T BE 'DIRE' BUT THEY WILL BE CATASTROPHIC ON RUSSIA.

Correction, I could give a fat rat about U.S.A economy and talking with Venezuela does not solve anything.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biden : "We're Banning All Imports Of Russian Gas, Oil And Energy by alizma: 7:25am On Mar 09, 2022
baralatie:
Is the US economy not been indirectly dragged alongside Russia like this so
Before nko, if you fight pig, you will get stained two

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biden : "We're Banning All Imports Of Russian Gas, Oil And Energy by Alusiizizi(m): 7:28am On Mar 09, 2022
chopnaira:

So you think America won't have an alternative to fill the short fall. Perhaps, you think they are Nigerian politicians grin

Rule 1 in economics is to never shock an established market. US/Russia have traded in oil/gas for decades and Biden shocks his economy driven mostly by emotion? And what are these alternatives that you refer to? Venezuela, Iran? Two historical enemies of the USA. That's like replacing one devil with two demons. Don't get me wrong, I am not disposed one way or another to any side in this war, I just find the mans stvpidity alarming.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biden : "We're Banning All Imports Of Russian Gas, Oil And Energy by lomprico(m): 7:52am On Mar 09, 2022
goodheart01:

If u don’t understand world economy just keep mute and learn from better people

We are talking about oil ban here o. grin

Pesin go just open mouth dey talk waaaaaaaaa!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biden : "We're Banning All Imports Of Russian Gas, Oil And Energy by Invitationn: 8:22am On Mar 09, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Eyah.. sorry oo. Feel your pain grin

Oyah, read grin

https://dailypost.ng/2022/03/08/war-us-to-deploy-thaad-patriot-to-shoot-down-russian-missiles/
(
How predictable grin
THAAD and Patriot are defense systems not JETS and they suck!
You probably didn't even read the article. Smh.

The audacity! I give that to you. Geez!
Re: Biden : "We're Banning All Imports Of Russian Gas, Oil And Energy by Burgerlomo: 10:30am On Mar 09, 2022
Teaser4:
e go reach $10 soon…

Working overtime will cover the gas expenses so no big deal grin
Re: Biden : "We're Banning All Imports Of Russian Gas, Oil And Energy by goodheart01: 1:13pm On Mar 09, 2022
WarriAproko:
have i been to North Korea before

I should be asking u that question since you’re using North Korea as a case study in this delicate scenario
Re: Biden : "We're Banning All Imports Of Russian Gas, Oil And Energy by chaloskyx: 4:20pm On Mar 09, 2022
abi now its what they would do to us if we had reversed roles
Farid24224:

OLE!! grin grin
Re: Biden : "We're Banning All Imports Of Russian Gas, Oil And Energy by InvertedHammer: 7:52pm On Mar 09, 2022
/
Buy the rumours, Sell the news.

In just one day after US banned oil import from Russia, oil fell from $130 to $112 per barrel contrary to speculations by armchair analysts online.

So who won? Oil future contract traders only. Front month(April) futures contract will expire next week.

/
Re: Biden : "We're Banning All Imports Of Russian Gas, Oil And Energy by skywalker240(m): 8:42am On Mar 24, 2022
bakar007:

US account for 1% of Russian oil export Goodluck on that , EU over to you lol , it will backfire so so bad for westerners.
While Russian will push the export to Asia which they already doing bit by bit.
We the oil countries should be smiling to the bank this year .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foc7etKU6Bk
Exclude your stupid country that still imports fuel
Re: Biden : "We're Banning All Imports Of Russian Gas, Oil And Energy by skywalker240(m): 8:49am On Mar 24, 2022
goodheart01:

Which cold?? This one no dey think before him talk. US only buys 3% of Russian crude. So how come cold didn’t kill them since. There is enough crude in Texas and they’re also going for Venezuela crude now. Putin is in shit
Venezuela right

You can never still understand politics

Same Venezuela the US sanctioned

Venezuela might even asked to be paid in it's own currency don't you think?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Niger Republic Bans Flights From/To Nigeria / Brazilian President Bolsonaro In Hospital Over Intestinal Obstruction / 18th Century Teapot Used By Chinese Emperor Sold Over £2million At Auction (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.