Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:55 AM

Biden : "We're Banning All Imports Of Russian Gas, Oil And Energy - Foreign Affairs (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Biden : "We're Banning All Imports Of Russian Gas, Oil And Energy (34334 Views)

As EU Eyes Stopping Russian Gas Imports, Israel Sees An Opening ( Pix) / Ukraine Sailor Attempts To Sink £5 Million Yacht Of Russian Boss (pics) / Aftermath Of Russian Air Strikes In Ukraine’s Kharkiv (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biden : "We're Banning All Imports Of Russian Gas, Oil And Energy by naijaman2225(m): 9:14pm On Mar 08, 2022
Frankiss44:

Na them don change mouth, say na just 3 percent abi 7 percent of Russia oil na America dey buy so e nor go affect Russia cheesy
LMAO. SOME OF THEM ARE STILL MAKING NOISE ABOUT PUTIN 'TEACHING THE WEST LESSON' WHEN THE EVIDENCE IS THAT PUTIN IS SWEATING FROM SANCTIONS.

1 Like

Re: Biden : "We're Banning All Imports Of Russian Gas, Oil And Energy by PoliteActivist: 9:15pm On Mar 08, 2022
Bellerophon:

Why do you type gibberish and masquerade them as comments?! The US is in no way reliant on Russian energy imports and as a matter of foreign policy has made self reliance and self sufficiency a cardinal focus of their energy plan hence the increase in investment in shale technology! I guess you are either misinformed or unaware of the energy capacity of the USA as the highest producer of energy in the world and one of the highest exporters as well! Be informed, don’t be blinded by your mad hate for western economic ascendancy!

US WAS energy independent, not any longer. Biden banned shale and also stopped Keystone

1 Like

Re: Biden : "We're Banning All Imports Of Russian Gas, Oil And Energy by TNORWAY: 9:16pm On Mar 08, 2022
stanluiz:
Even in next 6 years, They won't find any alternative.

There is no gas pipeline linking Africa to America and Europe. The same with Asia.

Even if they import gas from Africa and Asian. It is too expensive and costly.

Russia gas is very easy and cheaper. Just a pipeline linking Russia to Europe. Just like nord stream gas pipeline linking Russia to Germany and the rest of western European Union countries.

All this sanctions as just initial gra gra gra by the west. Germany need Russia gas for it industrialization.

They will still remove those useless sanctions and continue to buy Russian gas. They don't have any options. Putin hold them by the balls cheesy

beautiful nonsense......
Re: Biden : "We're Banning All Imports Of Russian Gas, Oil And Energy by naijaman2225(m): 9:17pm On Mar 08, 2022
Funkyswagzz:

Lemme ask u a question.. what exactly is ukraine fighting for?
UKRAINE IS FIGHTING FOR IT'S FREEDOM. NOW THAT'S SOMETHING WORTH FIGHTING FOR.

1 Like

Re: Biden : "We're Banning All Imports Of Russian Gas, Oil And Energy by PaNnamdi: 9:22pm On Mar 08, 2022
Teaser4:
I’m waiting for the EU countries to follow , I wan check something… it’s just 4% inconsequential … Nah Germany Dey my mind… Germany with balls pls ban Russian oil and gas… UK want to wait till the end of the year, dem suppose act asap… pls ban immediately… Jokers!!!

It won’t change anything, only diplomacy go settle this matter…. Make dem meet and negotiate so Ukrainians will have peace and return to their homeland, no place like home….
The way nairalanders analysis issues sometimes it makes me wonder if nearly most of nairalanders have mental problems.

So the way Russia invaded a sovereign nation e good?

Na wa ooooo!!!
Re: Biden : "We're Banning All Imports Of Russian Gas, Oil And Energy by Teaser4(m): 9:25pm On Mar 08, 2022
PaNnamdi:

The way nairalanders analysis issues sometimes it makes me wonder if nearly most of nairalanders have mental problems.

So the way Russia invaded a sovereign nation e good?

Na wa ooooo!!!
nah your papa get mental problems, thunder fire you and that cheap tecno wey yu Dey take type this nonsense…. Fvck off!!!
Re: Biden : "We're Banning All Imports Of Russian Gas, Oil And Energy by Appleyard(m): 9:27pm On Mar 08, 2022
Bellerophon:

I am objective unlike you who is too conceited to make allowance for diversity in opinions, convictions and values! I supported Biden during the last election cycle and am glad he won but still objective enough to state the truth as contemporary American opinion reflects, I am talking with the objective tools of polls, op-eds , prime time interviews from mainstream and conservative media, and an objective personal observation! I don’t go about believing baseless conspiracy theories and fantasies! Stop believing fantastical myths and propaganda! You are getting bloated on stupidity

What you termed conspiracy theory is a term designed to deride the truth movement. Only ediots call factual presentations conspiracy theory. Propanganda is driven by MSM which you claim to rely on, I rely on alternative sources that are neither conservative nor liberal cynical to reality. The reality is that what is happening now could have been avoided, but the warmongering ediotic demorats you are proud of voting for has helped to unleash hell on rising prices worldwide. Well, the chicks always come home to roost.so sit back and enjoy your Let's Go Brandon's roller coaster ride to another economic woe.

1 Like

Re: Biden : "We're Banning All Imports Of Russian Gas, Oil And Energy by lecowas: 9:30pm On Mar 08, 2022
BeanmanX:
PUTIN didn't lose anything,,,,he will sell it to Asian countries especially China and recover everything back

Okay if u say so, let's watch as tins unfold in the coming days, even Russians are complaining already and Putin giving subtle threat of going nuclear because of the sanctions, it is only our nairaland brother that thinks the Sanctions affecting the SanctionER will not affect the SanctionEE . grin
Re: Biden : "We're Banning All Imports Of Russian Gas, Oil And Energy by naijaman2225(m): 9:31pm On Mar 08, 2022
IMEI:
This places Russia in a unique position to pioneer the route to breaking free from Western dependence and standing strong

Africa could be handed a lifeline from the fallout of this

The old order may just be wilting away
REALLY??... I LAUGH IN KISWAHILI.

1 Like

Re: Biden : "We're Banning All Imports Of Russian Gas, Oil And Energy by PaNnamdi: 9:32pm On Mar 08, 2022
Teaser4:
nah your papa get mental problems, thunder fire you and that cheap tecno wey yu Dey take type this nonsense…. Fvck off!!!
Look at what I meant cheesy did I say u have mental problems cool why are you reacting aggressively cool

So if Ghana invade Nigeria and be bombing us now and killing Nigerians in their numbers,shey u go jump up and dance cool
Re: Biden : "We're Banning All Imports Of Russian Gas, Oil And Energy by baralatie(m): 9:32pm On Mar 08, 2022
PoliteActivist:

US WAS energy independent, not any longer. Biden banned shale and also stopped Keystone
When was this
Re: Biden : "We're Banning All Imports Of Russian Gas, Oil And Energy by Appleyard(m): 9:33pm On Mar 08, 2022
naijaman2225:

IT'S NOT YET DOUBLE DIGITS. RIGHT NOW IT'S JUST ABOVE 6%.

My bad...Thanks.
Re: Biden : "We're Banning All Imports Of Russian Gas, Oil And Energy by Funkyswagzz(m): 9:33pm On Mar 08, 2022
naijaman2225:
UKRAINE IS FIGHTING FOR IT'S FREEDOM. NOW THAT'S SOMETHING WORTH FIGHTING FOR.

Dont forget nato is the real reason russia invaded ukraine.. the main aim of nato is to pin russia down. Forget about that freedom shit this war was meant to happen. Russia listed what they want from ukraine remember these are two brothers. Now zelensky invited nato to come into ukraine and they backed down. This is exactly were nato want ukraine and russia to be.. its a premeditated attempt to sabotage that region so dont come here talkin about freedom cos russia wont allow nato into there doorstep. Bdw putin warned nato about what is to and they ignored it. Please stop these sentiment about fighting for freedom.. was russia operating under a martial law?

2 Likes

Re: Biden : "We're Banning All Imports Of Russian Gas, Oil And Energy by Teaser4(m): 9:38pm On Mar 08, 2022
PaNnamdi:

Look at what I meant cheesy did I say u have mental problems cool why are you reacting aggressively cool

So if Ghana invade Nigeria and be bombing us now and killing Nigerians in their numbers,shey u go jump up and dance cool
nah the approach wey you bring oh, If you talk like a gentleman I go reply you nicely….International politics is all about interest bro… you see Isreal say make dem gang up against Iran… there’s no sentiments on the global stage…unfortunately Nigeria or Africa as a whole is inconsequential in the scheme of things… Good night

Ps: I don’t live in Nigeria, I’d care less if Benin Republic start bombing una

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biden : "We're Banning All Imports Of Russian Gas, Oil And Energy by naijaman2225(m): 9:40pm On Mar 08, 2022
baralatie:

Venezuela and Russia are buddies!
YES BUT DON'T FORGET THAT VENEZUELA ABSTAINED TO SUPPORT RUSSIA AT THE UNITED NATIONS. BESIDES VENEZUELA NEEDS YANKEE DOLLARS AND 700,000 BARRELS OF OIL SOLD DAILY TO THE UNITED STATES IS NOT SOMETHING TO SNEER AT.
Re: Biden : "We're Banning All Imports Of Russian Gas, Oil And Energy by Bellerophon: 9:41pm On Mar 08, 2022
PoliteActivist:

Damn I will have to take up a full time teaching role on here to educate the ignorance of a lot of people! The U.S president doesn’t have the express power to ban the use of technology especially as employed by private corporations in their economic endeavors ! Do you know what K street in Washington is? It is home to a billion dollar industry of lobbyist that multi corporations, advocacy groups and special interest groups engage to interface with parliament and government in furtherance of their interest! It has always been a contentious argument the granting of leases to prospecting companies and the opposition of native tribes to the exploration of their land! Biden’s Administration has only granted less permits and not proclaim an outright ban of the use of shale technology which is not a power within the sphere of an executive order! Parliament makes laws not the executive!

1 Like

Re: Biden : "We're Banning All Imports Of Russian Gas, Oil And Energy by naijaman2225(m): 9:43pm On Mar 08, 2022
Emmyxclusive:
just remove the B in BRICS
AND ALSO REMOVE THE 'R'. SMILE

1 Like

Re: Biden : "We're Banning All Imports Of Russian Gas, Oil And Energy by PoliteActivist: 9:43pm On Mar 08, 2022
baralatie:

When was this

In January, soon after his inauguration. Also did many other things to undo anything Trump.
Re: Biden : "We're Banning All Imports Of Russian Gas, Oil And Energy by Bellerophon: 9:44pm On Mar 08, 2022
Appleyard:

What you termed conspiracy theory is a term designed to deride the truth movement. Only ediots call factual presentations conspiracy theory. Propanganda is driven by MSM which you claim to rely on, I rely on alternative sources that are neither conservative nor liberal cynical to reality. The reality is that what is happening now could have been avoided, but the warmongering ediotic demorats you are proud of voting for has helped to unleash hell on rising prices worldwide. Well, the chicks always come home to roost.so sit back and enjoy your Let's Go Brandon's roller coaster ride to another economic woe.

You are not worthy of a response again! Talking to you and expecting a tectonic shift in perspective is like waiting for Godot or pigs to fly! I am too intelligent and educated to indulge this tomfoolery! Enjoy your three course meal of junk news!

1 Like

Re: Biden : "We're Banning All Imports Of Russian Gas, Oil And Energy by naijaman2225(m): 9:50pm On Mar 08, 2022
chopnaira:

For once, the Ukraine crisis is uniting the Republican and the Democrats.
Isn't that supposed to be a good thing grin
PUTIN THOUGHT THAT BY INVADING UKRAINE DURING A U.S MID-TERM YEAR HE COULD HELP REPUBLICANS BY PORTRAYING BIDEN AS WEAK. NOW THE STRATEGY IS BLOWING UP IN HIS FACE BECAUSE EVEN REPUBLICANS ARE LEERY OF BEING IDENTIFIED AS THE PARTY THAT 'LOST' UKRAINE.
Re: Biden : "We're Banning All Imports Of Russian Gas, Oil And Energy by naijaman2225(m): 9:52pm On Mar 08, 2022
pacespot:
Nice move, Russian fanboys, how market
IT'S A BEEN A BAD DAY FOR PUTINISTS ON NAIRALAND. SMILE.
Re: Biden : "We're Banning All Imports Of Russian Gas, Oil And Energy by Emmyxclusive: 9:54pm On Mar 08, 2022
naijaman2225:

AND ALSO REMOVE THE 'R'. SMILE
I don't think China is still in thier league self except if she choose to carry the rest along. The organization was formed in 2006 wen China was still an emerging economy and
Re: Biden : "We're Banning All Imports Of Russian Gas, Oil And Energy by Appleyard(m): 9:55pm On Mar 08, 2022
Bellerophon:

You are not worthy of a response again! Talking to you and expecting a tectonic shift in perspective is like waiting for Godot or pigs to fly! I am too intelligent and educated to indulge this tomfoolery! Enjoy your three course meal of junk news!

Most Demorats supporters usually sound like this. They start and end every discussion with insults, elucidating the inferiority and insecurity complex in them by boasting of their being superiorily intelligent, which is nothing but warped beliefs. Enjoy your regular primetime Kool-aid ditch out to you by your lamestream media.

2 Likes

Re: Biden : "We're Banning All Imports Of Russian Gas, Oil And Energy by naijaman2225(m): 9:55pm On Mar 08, 2022
Great0ne1:

So America will lift sanction on Venezuela, iran just to spit Russia. You want EU countries to sanction Russia then you go at the back, and lift sanction on Venezuela so you can buy from them. Anyway, na European publics go answer there idiotic leaders. They will have to decide whether they were voted in to pursue Americas interest or interest of there citizens.
This could be beginning of the end of EU and possibly and possibly nato
KEEP DREAMING.
Re: Biden : "We're Banning All Imports Of Russian Gas, Oil And Energy by baralatie(m): 9:56pm On Mar 08, 2022
PoliteActivist:

In January, soon after his inauguration. Also did many other things to undo anything Trump.
Yikes
Re: Biden : "We're Banning All Imports Of Russian Gas, Oil And Energy by Charly68: 9:59pm On Mar 08, 2022
Putin will use his stuborness to open up economic door for us .. oil price will rise and economy will improve
Re: Biden : "We're Banning All Imports Of Russian Gas, Oil And Energy by PoliteActivist: 10:07pm On Mar 08, 2022
Bellerophon:

Damn I will have to take up a full time teaching role on here to educate the ignorance of a lot of people! The U.S president doesn’t have the express power to ban the use of technology especially as employed by private corporations in their economic endeavors ! Do you know what K street in Washington is? It is home to a billion dollar industry of lobbyist that multi corporations, advocacy groups and special interest groups engage to interface with parliament and government in furtherance of their interest! It has always been a contentious argument the granting of leases to prospecting companies and the opposition of native tribes to the exploration of their land! Biden’s Administration has only granted less permits and not proclaim an outright ban of the use of shale technology which is not a power within the sphere of an executive order! Parliament makes laws not the executive!

See why you really can't have certain discussions on Nairaland. People know the "ban" is in quotes except on NL where you have to spell everything out or meet up with redundant write-ups like yours, explaining the obvious.
Bottom line, stoppage of Keystone and "ban" of fracking by Biden drove US from being a net exporter of oil under Trump back to being a net importer again.

2 Likes

Re: Biden : "We're Banning All Imports Of Russian Gas, Oil And Energy by caracas: 10:12pm On Mar 08, 2022
Bollinga:
Inflation loading in US
Which useless inflation? Just talking rubbish up n down
Re: Biden : "We're Banning All Imports Of Russian Gas, Oil And Energy by Appleyard(m): 10:14pm On Mar 08, 2022
chopnaira:

For once, the Ukraine crisis is uniting the Republican and the Democrats.
Isn't that supposed to be a good thing grin
I guess it's good for the warmongers. But for the American people, and for US foreign policy on the long run, it's a catastrophic disaster waiting to explode. The US just set in motion the death of the Dollar as the main stay currency of global trade in few years from now. Before they will realise this strategic mistake, it would be too late. China just dey laf. cool

1 Like

Re: Biden : "We're Banning All Imports Of Russian Gas, Oil And Energy by Nobody: 10:14pm On Mar 08, 2022
Omicron007:
shocked

Nairaland war mongers and analysts predicted that Ukraine will full on February 28.
They also opined that sanctions don't mean anything to Russia.

The sanctions are pouring in and it will take years for Russia to recover.
No nation is an island, you need to chill with the big boys if you are to remain a world power.

No mind those people supporting Russia
Re: Biden : "We're Banning All Imports Of Russian Gas, Oil And Energy by Appleyard(m): 10:16pm On Mar 08, 2022
PoliteActivist:

See why you really can't have certain discussions on Nairaland. People know the "ban" is in quotes except on NL where you have to spell everything out or meet up with redundant write-ups like yours, explaining the obvious.
Bottom line, stoppage of Keystone and "ban" of fracking by Biden drove US from being a net exporter of oil under Trump back to being a net importer again.
cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Mikhail Khodarenok Gives Damning Assessment Of Russia's War On State TV / Shocking Images From The Aftermath Of California's Wildfires / John Mccain, Senator And Former Presidential Candidate, Dies At 81

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.