Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,412 members, 7,830,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

Kill List: Putin’s Losses Mount With 9 Commanders Among ‘12,000 Killed' - Sun UK - Foreign Affairs (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kill List: Putin’s Losses Mount With 9 Commanders Among ‘12,000 Killed' - Sun UK (44159 Views)

Israel Sacks Two Military Commanders, Reprimands One After Drone Attack Killed 7 / Afghanistan: At Least 1,000 Killed, 1500 Injured After 6.1 Magnitude Earthquake / Brazilian Man With 9 Wives Plans To Marry 2 More & Have Babies With All Of Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kill List: Putin’s Losses Mount With 9 Commanders Among ‘12,000 Killed' - Sun UK by Chanchit: 5:02am On Mar 10, 2022
GardenOfGod:
Asian countries like South Korea and Japan?

Definitely, you've been listening to only BBC. Japan is practically staying neutral or tend more towards EU. China, India, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Iran, Syria and Pakistan are fully backing Russia. What else is remaining in Asia then? And Africa has no input.

1 Like

Re: Kill List: Putin’s Losses Mount With 9 Commanders Among ‘12,000 Killed' - Sun UK by Sltp: 5:34am On Mar 10, 2022
GardenOfGod:
Yes you are right. No one expected any Russian casualties... Even Putin thought he will win the war in a matter of days in the first week.
They never planned to fight for this long that's why they are exhausted.
How the hell did you know what Putin expected and didn't expect?

1 Like

Re: Kill List: Putin’s Losses Mount With 9 Commanders Among ‘12,000 Killed' - Sun UK by GardenOfGod(m): 6:08am On Mar 10, 2022
Chanchit:

Definitely, you've been listening to only BBC. Japan is practically staying neutral or tend more towards EU. China, India, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Iran, Syria and Pakistan are fully backing Russia. What else is remaining in Asia then? And Africa has no input.
So middle east countries are now part of Asia?

Should also know that I always get my fact right before I argue. Don't argue blindly mate!

Re: Kill List: Putin’s Losses Mount With 9 Commanders Among ‘12,000 Killed' - Sun UK by Nobody: 6:12am On Mar 10, 2022
Appleyard:

The sky is not being contested. Otherwise, They wouldn't be asking for a no fly zone.
Skyp is being contested over kiev; The No fly zone is for reckless russian cruise and ballastic missiles bombing.
Re: Kill List: Putin’s Losses Mount With 9 Commanders Among ‘12,000 Killed' - Sun UK by Jacopini: 6:41am On Mar 10, 2022
hopeforcharles:
Ok this is Russia's loss, Have u ever imagined Ukraine's loss?
This war is grossly underreported, if Russia with all its military artilleries are losing this much then probably quarter of Feeble, half baked ,slightly arm-less crying Ukraine have been wiped of.

I guess u underestimate a pipu fighting fr dere on survival in dere own land. Sometimes it nt wat u fighting wit, it wat u fighting for.
Mind u, i am nt saying Ukraine don't have losses of dere own.
Wen d red army invaded finland, or Russia war wit Georgia they had more losses nd still won d war.
If i hv a larger army, i hv more bodi's to throw forward.
Nd dat discription u use to describe pipu fighting fr survival speaks how inhumane u culd b.
Mak war no meet us fr naija.
Re: Kill List: Putin’s Losses Mount With 9 Commanders Among ‘12,000 Killed' - Sun UK by internet: 8:15am On Mar 10, 2022
MERCHANDISER:

You are a clown just like your Ukrainian president. grin

Even American Veteran and Ex General said that Putin is fighting with a kid glove,meaning that he's lenient with Ukraine because it's more like a father reprimanding his son.

If Putin want to destroy Ukraine, he can do that without losing a soul.

He even said it's a military Exercise not war or invasion

What a fool u are. Military exercise? not war? will conquer Ukraine without loosing a soul. U are a big fool. U think say na call of duty or GTA. Ur mumu no get grade at all. Fool stay away from drugs it will help u a lot
Re: Kill List: Putin’s Losses Mount With 9 Commanders Among ‘12,000 Killed' - Sun UK by rottennaija(m): 8:21am On Mar 10, 2022
GardenOfGod:
KILL LIST: Putin’s Losses Mount With NINE Commanders Among ‘12,000 Killed’ as Kremlin official calls invasion A ‘Clusterf***’

NINE of Vladimir Putin's military commanders have now been killed in Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

The Sun

I hope you know that this commander is still alive. See the latest life video he posted today.

https:// t . me /intelslava/21876

1 Like

Re: Kill List: Putin’s Losses Mount With 9 Commanders Among ‘12,000 Killed' - Sun UK by Appleyard(m): 10:33am On Mar 10, 2022
BritishNaija:

Skyp is being contested over kiev; The No fly zone is for reckless russian cruise and ballastic missiles bombing.

Lmao. A no fly zone for missiles? Don't make me laugh. The Uki skies is being mostly controlled by Russia. This is the reason the west is wary of helping them with fighters. Ukraine have lost the ability to compete on the air.

On February 25th, the Russian S-400 Triumph had it's first combat kill when it took out a Ukrainian Su-27 fighter piloted by Ukrainian Colonel Oleksandr Osanchenko, who Zelensky posthumously awarded "Hero of Ukraine" medal. The shocking thing is that the S-400 located in Belarus destroyed the jet in Kiev which is a range of 150kms away, setting a world record.

On March 5, Russian air defense equipment took out 4 Ukrainian aeriar vehicles, 2 Su-27 fighters, one helicopter and one Bayrakter drone, at the same time. Sorry, Ukraine stand no chance. The Russians dominate the skies and that's why they're calling for a no fly zone.

3 Likes

Re: Kill List: Putin’s Losses Mount With 9 Commanders Among ‘12,000 Killed' - Sun UK by Nobody: 10:47am On Mar 10, 2022
[s]
WhatCanIsay:

I'm not taking it personal, but the kind of thing some people spew out here in support of Russia is appalling, it makes you wonder how unreasonable some human beings can be.

Russia has bombed residential houses, hospitals even killed people that were freeing hot zones after the same Russia announced ceasefire. Yet still we have human beings that were breastfed by their mothers supporting such actions or waving them off as nothing. It's really surprising how low some human beings can go.
[/s]

Where is all these sympathy when US is bombing Yemen and Libya?
Stupeed hypocrite
Re: Kill List: Putin’s Losses Mount With 9 Commanders Among ‘12,000 Killed' - Sun UK by Nobody: 11:09am On Mar 10, 2022
Appleyard:

Lmao. A no fly zone for missiles? Don't make me laugh. The Uki skies is being mostly controlled by Russia. This is the reason the west is wary of helping them with fighters. Ukraine have lost the ability to compete on the air.

On February 25th, the Russian S-400 Triumph had it's first combat kill when it took out a Ukrainian Su-27 fighter piloted by Ukrainian Colonel Oleksandr Osanchenko, who Zelensky posthumously awarded "Hero of Ukraine" medal. The shocking thing is that the S-400 located in Belarus destroyed the jet in Kiev which is a range of 150kms away, setting a world record.

On March 5, Russian air defense equipment took out 4 Ukrainian aeriar vehicles, 2 Su-27 fighters, one helicopter and one Bayrakter drone, at the same time. Sorry, Ukraine stand no chance. The Russians dominate the skies and that's why they're calling for a no fly zone.

There you have your answer, how do you think Ukraine jets and heli takes off if russia are the one fully in control of the Airspace?

Now you are making me laugh.

HOMEPAGE

HOME MILITARY & DEFENSE
Ukraine and Russia are still fighting for control of the skies 5 days into the war, US defense official says
Julie Coleman Feb 28, 2022, 6:38 PM

Sukhoi Su-25 jet aircraft
Sukhoi Su-25 jet aircraft, like the ones that Russia positioned near Ukraine and has reportedly used in its offensive against the country. Photo by Marina Lystseva\TASS via Getty Images
A senior US official said Ukraine's airspace remains contested, contradicting Moscow's claims.
Russia was expected to swiftly knock out Ukraine's air defense capabilities, but that has not happened.
Ukraine has claimed to have shot down Russian fighter jets, helicopters, and even troop transport planes.

Despite Russian claims to the contrary, Ukraine's airspace remains contested as the country's forces fight to repel Russian aggression, a senior US defense official said on Monday during an off-camera press briefing.

"The Russians have not achieved air superiority over the whole country," the official told reporters. "Ukrainian air defenses remain intact and viable in terms of aircraft and missile defense systems, and they're engaged."

"It's a contested airspace, and it's a very dynamic airspace," the official continued, contradicting Moscow's claims this morning that Russia has "total air superiority" over Ukraine.
Re: Kill List: Putin’s Losses Mount With 9 Commanders Among ‘12,000 Killed' - Sun UK by WhatCanIsay(m): 11:12am On Mar 10, 2022
ishit4bodyy:
[s][/s]

Where is all these sympathy when US is bombing Yemen and Libya?
Stupeed hypocrite

Natural hypocrite, why not create a thread for that?
Re: Kill List: Putin’s Losses Mount With 9 Commanders Among ‘12,000 Killed' - Sun UK by Nobody: 11:16am On Mar 10, 2022
[s]
WhatCanIsay:

Natural hypocrite, why not create a thread for that?
[/s] Idiot
Re: Kill List: Putin’s Losses Mount With 9 Commanders Among ‘12,000 Killed' - Sun UK by WhatCanIsay(m): 11:19am On Mar 10, 2022
ishit4bodyy:
[s][/s] Idiot

Shit.
Re: Kill List: Putin’s Losses Mount With 9 Commanders Among ‘12,000 Killed' - Sun UK by Appleyard(m): 11:43am On Mar 10, 2022
BritishNaija:

There you have your answer, how do you think Ukraine jets and heli takes off if russia are the one fully in control of the Airspace?

Now you are making me laugh.

HOMEPAGE

HOME MILITARY & DEFENSE
Ukraine and Russia are still fighting for control of the skies 5 days into the war, US defense official says
Julie Coleman Feb 28, 2022, 6:38 PM

Sukhoi Su-25 jet aircraft
Sukhoi Su-25 jet aircraft, like the ones that Russia positioned near Ukraine and has reportedly used in its offensive against the country. Photo by Marina Lystseva\TASS via Getty Images
A senior US official said Ukraine's airspace remains contested, contradicting Moscow's claims.
Russia was expected to swiftly knock out Ukraine's air defense capabilities, but that has not happened.
Ukraine has claimed to have shot down Russian fighter jets, helicopters, and even troop transport planes.

Despite Russian claims to the contrary, Ukraine's airspace remains contested as the country's forces fight to repel Russian aggression, a senior US defense official said on Monday during an off-camera press briefing.

"The Russians have not achieved air superiority over the whole country," the official told reporters. "Ukrainian air defenses remain intact and viable in terms of aircraft and missile defense systems, and they're engaged."

"It's a contested airspace, and it's a very dynamic airspace," the official continued, contradicting Moscow's claims this morning that Russia has "total air superiority" over Ukraine.

Lmao. Coming from Fox news quoting a US defense source. cool very convenient for you to say. cool

Russia doesn't need to cover the whole of Ukraine to achieve air dominance. What the hell? Is Ukraine military spread across the "whole of Ukraine"? No, they aren't. So is their military aviation and routes.

Here is the fact: anywhere the Russian forces besieged, they come with state-of-the-art Surface to air defense systems, none of which Ukraine can match. This is the main reason Ukrainian aviation finds it difficult to fly because the areas currently besieged by Russia are where the largest remaining Ukrainian military and aviation forces were located. Even with US/NATO Intel helping them with coordinate, they have lost the greater proportion of their elite aerier vehicles like the Su-27 fleets. This reality is the reason why the only contemplation to deliver the said Polish Mig-29s to Ukraine is to fly them from the US base in Germany cutting out the larger Ukrainian air routes that are overwhelmingly covered by Russian air defense forces in the besieged areas. Even this now has a problem because Russian forces are now 30km closed to Kiev, which means more air coverage over the territory. Plus the fear of the Russian S-400 that can take out any Ukrainian plane deep in the Kiev sky even though it isn't deployed in Ukraine but operating from Belarus. We haven't even talked of Russian planes and drones as well, and electronic counter measures.

Zelensky isn't calling for a no fly zone for nothing. He knew they have lost much of the sky to the Russians. Facts don't lie.

2 Likes

Re: Kill List: Putin’s Losses Mount With 9 Commanders Among ‘12,000 Killed' - Sun UK by Nobody: 12:29pm On Mar 10, 2022
Appleyard:

Lmao. Coming from Fox news quoting a US defense source. cool very convenient for you to say. cool

Russia doesn't need to cover the whole of Ukraine to achieve air dominance. What the hell? Is Ukraine military spread across the "whole of Ukraine"? No, they aren't. So is their military aviation and routes.

Here is the fact: anywhere the Russian forces besieged, they come with state-of-the-art Surface to air defense systems, none of which Ukraine can match. This is the main reason Ukrainian aviation finds it difficult to fly because the areas currently besieged by Russia are where the largest remaining Ukrainian military and aviation forces were located. Even with US/NATO Intel helping them with coordinate, they have lost the greater proportion of their elite aerier vehicles like the Su-27 fleets. This reality is the reason why the only contemplation to deliver the said Polish Mig-29s to Ukraine is to fly them from the US base in Germany cutting out the larger Ukrainian air routes that are overwhelmingly covered by Russian air defense forces in the besieged areas. Even this now has a problem because Russian forces are now 30km closed to Kiev, which means more air coverage over the territory. Plus the fear of the Russian S-400 that can take out any Ukrainian plane deep in the Kiev sky even though it isn't deployed in Ukraine but operating from Belarus. We haven't even talked of Russian planes and drones as well, and electronic counter measures.

Zelensky isn't calling for a no fly zone for nothing. He knew they have lost much of the sky to the Russians. Facts don't lie.

The Reason we Started this arguement was because you said Russia totally owns the sky in Ukraine; Which is ofcourse False. And you claiming they have seized ir destroyed all airports which is anothet false claim. So you putting it now "almost" was never the argument, or do you want me to start uploading pictures of downed russian jets by Ukraine sufface to airmissiles?

By the way why did you mention Fox News, Is there anywhere i told you i got my information from force news? Or you are trying to use that to distract the arguement?
Re: Kill List: Putin’s Losses Mount With 9 Commanders Among ‘12,000 Killed' - Sun UK by Chanchit: 1:06pm On Mar 10, 2022
GardenOfGod:
So middle east countries are now part of Asia?

Should also know that I always get my fact right before I argue. Don't argue blindly mate!

Meaning middle East is in the middle of your room abi?
Re: Kill List: Putin’s Losses Mount With 9 Commanders Among ‘12,000 Killed' - Sun UK by GardenOfGod(m): 1:28pm On Mar 10, 2022
How shameful... It is not a crime to be uninformed... But what constitute a criminal offence is when you claim to have known when yu are empty. Humble yourself so you can learn from the feet of the master. Just Google Asian countries and see for yourself, stop embarrassing your parents for sending you to school.
Chanchit:

Meaning middle East is in the middle of your room abi?
Re: Kill List: Putin’s Losses Mount With 9 Commanders Among ‘12,000 Killed' - Sun UK by Appleyard(m): 1:51pm On Mar 10, 2022
BritishNaija:

The Reason we Started this arguement was because you said Russia totally owns the sky in Ukraine; Which is ofcourse False. And you claiming they have seized ir destroyed all airports which is anothet false claim. So you putting it now "almost" was never the argument, or do you want me to start uploading pictures of downed russian jets by Ukraine sufface to airmissiles?

By the way why did you mention Fox News, Is there anywhere i told you i got my information from force news? Or you are trying to use that to distract the arguement?

There is nothing false in what I said earlier. The Uki have lost the air to the Russians, and that's a fact. There is no balance contest there because they simply did not have the means to rub shoulders with the Russians.

For Christ sake, No Fly Zones are for planes, and the man is not calling for it for nothing. You cannot be asking NATO to imposed a no fly zone over your country if you have considerable control over the same airspace. This is common sense. But because that air control ability isn't there, they're hedged in, bogged down and seriously handicapped to wage counter measures against the enemy, which makes them a sitting duck should Russia decides to use it's overwhelming air power. Zelensky didn't hand weapons to civilians for nothing. He knows that the Ukrainian last stand is on the ground, not in the air nor at sea.

The surprising thing is that the Russians are not even making use of their aviation power that much. One US source even believed that so far, Russia has only use 79 of it's fixed-wing planes, 300 of which are available unto them for this operation, something that still baffles western military analysts/experts. Many reasons have been speculated by some experts regrading the mysterious absense of the Russian airpower in Ukraine. The coming days will make the picture clearer as Russia hedged Ukraine the more.

Still, Ukraine have not been able to launch real attacking aerier countermeasures against the Russians. The reason is obvious. They not only lack the capacity to do so, the air is under the coverage of Russian superior air defenses and and land and space based early warning systems. And now that Russia have stepped up the campaign, Zelensky's call for a no fly zone is intensifying.

Let's not make any mistake about this. Russia, not Ukraine, is the one determining the length of this war, even the west knows this to be true, and this is the more reason they are baffled and confused because no one yet understand what's in the ultimate plan of Putin and why are they toiling with Ukraine.

I mentioned Fox News bacause what you posted earlier is exactly what Fox News published as stated to them by one US source from defense.gov.

Both sides have suffered losses in personnel and equipment. But the fact is that, the momentum is in Russia's hand, except you're one of those zombies who believed that Ukraine is doing signs and wonder. cool, which I think you're not. Stay well.

4 Likes

Re: Kill List: Putin’s Losses Mount With 9 Commanders Among ‘12,000 Killed' - Sun UK by Nobody: 2:41pm On Mar 10, 2022
Comradewhy:
I think the USA are supplying Ukraine with intels,how come they are hitting the generals so easily.
Who else thinks Putin deserves this?

Oh ofcourse, intels and GPS guided Snipper bullets.
Once the bullet is locked on you and released, as you move, it moves with your change in position within milliseconds, till it hits.
Re: Kill List: Putin’s Losses Mount With 9 Commanders Among ‘12,000 Killed' - Sun UK by Chanchit: 4:26pm On Mar 10, 2022
GardenOfGod:
How shameful... It is not a crime to be uninformed... But what constitute a criminal offence is when you claim to have known when yu are empty. Humble yourself so you can learn from the feet of the master. Just Google Asian countries and see for yourself, stop embarrassing your parents for sending you to school.

Why are you disgracing your parents online? The middle east you talk about is like saying West Africa or East Africa.
Asia has 48 countries excluding the 3 that are still depending on others. Hope you'll learn this time.

1 Like

Re: Kill List: Putin’s Losses Mount With 9 Commanders Among ‘12,000 Killed' - Sun UK by GardenOfGod(m): 4:50pm On Mar 10, 2022
Chanchit:

Why are you disgracing your parents online? The middle east you talk about is like saying West Africa or East Africa.
Asia has 48 countries excluding the 3 that are still depending on others. Hope you'll learn this time.
Western propaganda grin
Re: Kill List: Putin’s Losses Mount With 9 Commanders Among ‘12,000 Killed' - Sun UK by Remman(m): 5:59pm On Mar 10, 2022
Appleyard:

God save this brother from western propanganda sad
may He save you from your fulani wet dreams.
Re: Kill List: Putin’s Losses Mount With 9 Commanders Among ‘12,000 Killed' - Sun UK by IamAtikulate: 1:31pm On Mar 11, 2022
Appleyard:
I would have ignored this but I feel I owe the truth a service to dispel the puerile and outright lies you posted as facts.

War doctrine is not what is written on paper, but what is practiced on the ground when reality kicks in.

Contrary to what you believe, US war doctrine is not anchor on minimizing civilian casualties, only a misinformed jingoist parrot this nonesense. US war doctrine is carpet-bombing the enemy, especially one that puts up relative resistance.
First, war doctrines are documented. But rule of engagements are not.

Rule of engagement is what plays out in the field and reflects a country's war doctrine. But the post you quoted wasn't talking about war doctrine but battle principles or strategy, which is how a country implements its war doctrine in the field.

Like I said earlier, Russian war strategy is anchored on heavy deployment of men and they are also slow which makes them suffer heavy losses in war.

For example, during the winter war, Russia fought small Finland with about 425,000 to 760,000 soldiers while Finland fought with 300,000 to 340,000 soldiers. Russia had over 300,000 total casualties against Finland's 70,000.

Appleyard:

In Iraq, it took the United States and Britain three weeks to take Baghdad, and that was only achieved after carpet-bombing whole civilian populations killing hundreds of thousands of innocent citizens. The truth is bitter.
The allied forces fought with an expeditionary force and away from home. Russian attacked from their border and friendly countries.

Appleyard:

In Vietnam, it use chemical substances to destroy whole villages killing thousands of innocent women and children, yet ended up losing the war.
The Vietnam war was fought between North and South Vietnams. It was not a direct war with USA but a cold war with the east, against communism. There was no declaration of war, no address to the congress and the government didn't put the country on war footing.

Technically, USA wasn't fighting any war. But people like you don't know that. Sending troops to support allies isn't state of war.

Appleyard:

This is another ignorant assertion. Nazi Germany invaded the USSR by surprise, with more than 3 million Nazi troops, the best fighting force on the planet at the time, and in such circumstances, it's normal that they will lose more soldiers than the invading forces. Besides, Nazi-Germany and their Ukrainian collaborators committed war crimes by directly targeting and killing civilians and POWs. The battle of Stalingrad alone claimed so many lives including that of thousands of civilians. Still, it's the same USSR that ended up beaten the Germans back all the way to Berlin, a sacrifice the world is forever grateful for.

Lame excuse.

USSR didn't defeat Germany, but Russian weather did.

Appleyard:

The US entered the war late and is normal they have such minimal numbers of death. Plus, never at any time did they face the kind of overwhelming ground troops presence faced by the Soviets. Standing up against 3 million plus troops is no child's play.
What overwhelming ground troop?

The total deployment in the Eastern front was 34 million troops for the allied forces while the Axis (German coalition) was 24 million.

During the battle of Berlin USSR invaded with over 2 million troops while Germans defended with about 750k soldiers.

Appleyard:

Now this is the greatest of the misinformation you have put up here today. USA didn't lose 12 soldiers and one CIA operatives only, what the hell? cool They lost more than twelve thousand soldiers, and that did not even include paid private military contractors. Please get your facts straight. After 20 years, they lost and simply ran home from Afghanistan with their tail wagging in between their legs, courtesy of Let's Go Brandon.
I was talking about the invasion. But at the end of the war, USA recorded 2,400 military deaths. You guys are pathetic, Taliban only took over when USA withdrew. Why didn't they take over the country when American soldiers where still on ground.

Even the withdrawal should tell you USA wanted Taliban to take over for geopolitical reasons.

Again, USA met all their war objectives in Afghanistan.

1. To overthrow the Talian government
2. To kill Osama Bin Laden

Appleyard:

Lmao. The US have similar nuclear weapons use doctrine. Don't make me laugh. Please, read here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctrine_for_Joint_Nuclear_Operations

Only few countries such as China and India that did not hasvea nuclear first use policy.

NATO, the US and Russia has the same or similar nuclear first use posture. Heck, the US even has a preemptive nuclear strike policy, and reserve the right to use nukes when threatened with overwhelming large scale conventional force.
I wasn't talking about first use policy. Russians don't have the mind to use nuclear weapon, but they have a doctrine of using nuclear threat to deescalate conventional war. In the context of what is happening in Ukraine, using nuclear threats means Putin don't have the strength to continue with the war.

Appleyard:

For a country that entered the war late and did not even face up to half of what the USSR faced yet incurred such losses. These are flawed permutations. Besides, wars are not beans you cook on stoves. cool
The analogy is to show Putin lapdogs that losing Generals in a conventional war is a rare occurrence. It doesn't always happen. Russian just lost another Colonel yesterday.

The only Colonel I can remember Nigeria losing against BH was Col. Ali. But Mother Russia has lost over 5 in 15 days.

Pathetic
Re: Kill List: Putin’s Losses Mount With 9 Commanders Among ‘12,000 Killed' - Sun UK by Appleyard(m): 1:12pm On Mar 12, 2022
IamAtikulate:

First, war doctrines are documented. But rule of engagements are not.

Rule of engagement is what plays out in the field and reflects a country's war doctrine. But the post you quoted wasn't talking about war doctrine but battle principles or strategy, which is how a country implements its war doctrine in the field.

Like I said earlier, Russian war strategy is anchored on heavy deployment of men and they are also slow which makes them suffer heavy losses in war.

For example, during the winter war, Russia fought small Finland with about 425,000 to 760,000 soldiers while Finland fought with 300,000 to 340,000 soldiers. Russia had over 300,000 total casualties against Finland's 70,000.

Stop confusing yourself. What are doctrines and rules? Rules of engagement are derived from own set doctrines, twisting wordings doesn't change the facts. And based on that, the US carpet-bomb whole cities and kill thousands of civilians as was the case in Vietnam and in Iraq cause that's US war doctrine and practical rules of engagement. Don't lie.

The allied forces fought with an expeditionary force and away from home. Russian attacked from their border and friendly countries.

A fight is a fight, whether fighting hundreds of miles from home or closer to one's border. All wars are same for the US with same conventional military might employed.

The Vietnam war was fought between North and South Vietnams. It was not a direct war with USA but a cold war with the east, against communism. There was no declaration of war, no address to the congress and the government didn't put the country on war footing.

Technically, USA wasn't fighting any war. But people like you don't know that. Sending troops to support allies isn't state of war.

This just shows you have no shame in telling outright lies. Bro, you don't have to be an apostle of mendacity to buttress a point. cool

US fought a direct war in Vietnam, even the devil knows this to be true. cool

The US, in its fear of communism was actively supporting the South Vietnamese government with money, Intel and instructors, but to no avail. Then there was an unconfirmed report that North Vietnam army boats attacked a US Navy destroyer, the USS Maddox that was patrolling the Tonkin Golf coast, and this gave the US all the excuses it needed to escalate the war.

Thus, the Golf of Tonkin Resolution in the house of Congress was passed, and Congress gave President Lyndon Johnson the permission to wage direct war on North Vietnam. By 1968, more than half a million American troops were in Vietnam fighting with the war costing $77 billion per year over 10 years.

Your lies are everywhere, and remember Revelations 2:18...and all liars shall have their part in the Lake of fire... cool Please stop lying to avoid hell. cool

Lame excuse.

USSR didn't defeat Germany, but Russian weather did.

What overwhelming ground troop?

The total deployment in the Eastern front was 34 million troops for the allied forces while the Axis (German coalition) was 24 million.

During the battle of Berlin USSR invaded with over 2 million troops while Germans defended with about 750k soldiers.

Another shameless excuse. The weather did serious damage to morale and equipment of the advancing Nazis, but it was the undying Russian will to fight against the odds that actually turned the tides. The battle of Stalingrad is a testament to that undying Russian will. The weather didn't match all the way to Berlin, the Red Army did.

Stop spewing trash. 3 million strong Nazi troops deployed on the USSR border isn't an overwhelming force? The best fighting army at the time? Are you for real? undecided If not that the USSR (with some armament supply from allied forces) was able to withstand the huge German forces spread across the Soviet borders in the east, many European countries would be speaking German by now. At every particular time, the Soviets were fighting million of Nazi troops, a situation which none of the other allied nations faced in the entire course of the war.

I don't know what you're trying to gain by being deliberately ignorant. You don't have to be a pro US or pro Russia to admit facts.

Who took Berlin at the end? The Russians. So trash your lame excuses.

I was talking about the invasion. But at the end of the war, USA recorded 2,400 military deaths. You guys are pathetic, Taliban only took over when USA withdrew. Why didn't they take over the country when American soldiers where still on ground.

Even the withdrawal should tell you USA wanted Taliban to take over for geopolitical reasons.

Again, USA met all their war objectives in Afghanistan.

1. To overthrow the Talian government
2. To kill Osama Bin Laden

An invasion has a begining and an ending part. From start to finish, the US alone lost 2400 soldiers, which you claimed earlier was 12 soldiers. Or what were you thinking? cool As long as the US had it's forces imbedded in that country and was still fighting the same Taliban forces, it remained an invasion force, till it is over can you start taking total death toll nunbers. And we are not even talking of the allied losses too.

Taliban only took over because the US left my foot.

Taliban taken over was imminent because the US was completely bogged down fighting a guerilla style war they weren't fashioned to win, while wasting billions of taxpayers money and losing soldiers. Yet, the Taliban keeps getting stronger and stronger. It was this reality that prompted the US withdrawal. The US initially only succeeded in kicking the butt of the Taliban from government, but it failed woefully to tame let alone destroy them as a fighting and capable force. So no surprise that they're right back in power after the US shameful exit.

What objective were achieved?

The same Taliban they initially removed from government and spend billions of dollars and lives lost fighting for 20 years rolled back into power, overwhelming the Afghan government forces like a pack of cards, same time Uncle Sam was at the airport running away like a tired prostitute. Is that an achievement? cool

To kill Osama Bin Laden? Lmao grin grin Even the purported killing of Bin Laden did not happen in the course of the Afghanistan war, so how is that an objective in the Afghan war?

Besides, Michael Snowden have said that Osama Bin Laden is alive. And why shouldn't we create room for belief in what he said cool, after all he is a formal top-notch spy asset who has deep contacts. Moreover, the US claimed to have killed the world most wanted man without a single photo to prove it...telling their gullible listeners they just dumped his body into the sea Who buys that easily? cool

Whatever, the fact is the US failed woefully in Afghanistan and contrary to what you want to believe, the withdrawal wasn't in any way geopolitical, but a reality of failure that was further exarcabated by the bloody, and shameful manner it was done. Recently, the Pentagon have concluded a report on the Afghanistan withdrawal and the conclusion was that it was a terrible withdrawal, which Let's Go Brandon have vowed to reject. cool

I wasn't talking about first use policy. Russians don't have the mind to use nuclear weapon, but they have a doctrine of using nuclear threat to deescalate conventional war. In the context of what is happening in Ukraine, using nuclear threats means Putin don't have the strength to continue with the war.

The analogy is to show Putin lapdogs that losing Generals in a conventional war is a rare occurrence. It doesn't always happen. Russian just lost another Colonel yesterday.

The only Colonel I can remember Nigeria losing against BH was Col. Ali. But Mother Russia has lost over 5 in 15 days.

Pathetic

Now you agreed that the US has similar or even worse nuclear use policy as Russia. Putin using nuclear threat is directly related to NATO and the US getting directly involved in the conflict, and that's what is called 'preempting the enemy', a strong form of deterrence. And so far, it's working just fine. cool Even the US won't touch Polish offered Mig-29 jets to Ukraine, and other hotheads in the alliance like Macron of France just said "Russia must be respected". cool The deterrence is working.

Ukraine parroted list of Russian generals it has killed in the war and you expect us to just believe that without a grain of salt? Why have Ukraine not published the number of casualties they have suffered? If because you easily fall for propanganda and you expect others to tow the same line, sorry to disappoint you, I'm not available. Both sides in this war are guilty of propaganda so be careful what you swallow.

Stop crying more than the beareaved. Ukraine is being decimated strategically as we speak even though Russia decided to use Soviet- era armaments like T72 tanks.

It was folks like you with myopic views that also said Russia can't afford the fight in Syria and would fail woefully cause it has no money or armaments blah blah. But today, the reverse is the case. Almost all parts of that country is now under control of it's legitimate government (Assad). Thanks to Russian military might that annihilated all US-sponsored terrorists. If Russia could commit so much to save an ally far away from home, you can be sure that it will see to the end a challenge that dares it's core national interest close to it's borders. Only the deluded and western media programmed minds will be waiting for Russia to give up on Ukraine.

They will wait till fowl grows teeth. cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kill List: Putin’s Losses Mount With 9 Commanders Among ‘12,000 Killed' - Sun UK by ocelot2006(m): 6:53pm On Mar 12, 2022
Believe that 12,000 dead report at your own risk. And the source is The Sun......'nuff said.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Bahrain Recognizes Israel As A Nation / Gabon Residents Hail Soldiers, Celebrate Military Takeover / Trump Warns Biden: Don’t Wrongfully Claim Office Of President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.