Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,472 members, 7,823,100 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Gambari, Ngige, Fashola, Others Inspect 2nd Niger Bridge Today (Pictures) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gambari, Ngige, Fashola, Others Inspect 2nd Niger Bridge Today (Pictures) (44477 Views)

Ambode Joins Sanwo-olu, Fashola, Others At A Reception For Tinubu After 4 Years / Sanwo-Olu, Hamzat And Others Inspect Ikeja BRT Terminal, Igando Housing Estate / Osinbajo In Anambra To Inspect 2nd Niger Bridge & Visit Markets For Trademoni (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gambari, Ngige, Fashola, Others Inspect 2nd Niger Bridge Today (Pictures) by aribisala0(m): 9:35pm On Mar 08, 2022
foryourmindlol:

Shut up. What's there to celebrate?

Did you see the massive toll gates they mounted there while building free railway and roads to Buhari's bandit brothers in Niger Republic?

This bridge is not free. Igbos are paying for it. Chinese investors were told to build it with their money and mount toll gate for next 25 - 40 years. What a wicked country.

So I should start jumping up for a loan I'll pay at ridiculous years for decades? Even unborn Igbo kids will pay for it and I should be happy?

To the kids saying railway is not free. Niger Republic bandits that travel on trains are only paying for train ride which is about 50% subsidized by Ministry of Transportation. They don't pay for building the railway.

Meanwhile Igbos will pay for transport to ply on the useless bridge and still pay extra for toll gate. If you're traveling with your car, you'll pay for car, buy fuel and still pay tollgate. Are you people daft or something?

Wow!!
Do you know the name of Chinese investors that built this with their money?

1 Like

Re: Gambari, Ngige, Fashola, Others Inspect 2nd Niger Bridge Today (Pictures) by humberjade: 9:36pm On Mar 08, 2022
nedekid:

APC beats PDP and other parties in only one thing, poverty propagation.
Even Russia with all the sanctions on them have not had their currency devastated like the naira under apc. In naija you hear of 200% devaluation!
Do you know diesel is ₦650 today? More expensive than in the US.

I agree with you that APC messed our economy up. But my argument is that every party in Nigeria has it's own demons...same PDP spent N2.7trillion electricity to give us more perpetual darkness and ensure Nigerians spent their end of the year periods queuing for petrol.

But at the federal level, the APC has given so much attention to major infrastructure in 7 years than a party that was in power for 16yrs. APC has its many demons, but PDP is never a good replacement for APC. Same people parade both corridors looking for where to regain lost prominence and gain access to the treasury again. The sooner we know this the better for us. Instead, support individuals with tested success rate in governance, not party or desperate spent men.

And for your info, 1 Russian ruble will give you just 3 naira

2 Likes

Re: Gambari, Ngige, Fashola, Others Inspect 2nd Niger Bridge Today (Pictures) by Itzlinda(f): 9:37pm On Mar 08, 2022
foryourmindlol:

Did you see the massive toll gates they mounted there while building free railway and roads to Buhari's bandit brothers in Niger Republic?

This bridge is not free. Igbos are paying for it. Chinese investors were told to build it with their money and mount toll gate for next 25 - 40 years. What a wicked country.

So I should start jumping up for a loan I'll pay at ridiculous years for decades? Even unborn Igbo kids will pay for it and I should be happy?

To the kids saying railway is not free. Niger Republic bandits that travel on trains are only paying for train ride which is about 50% subsidized by Ministry of Transportation. They don't pay for building the railway.

Meanwhile Igbos will pay for transport to ply on the useless bridge and still pay extra for toll gate. If you're traveling with your car, you'll pay for car, buy fuel and still pay tollgate. Are you people daft or something?

You are Indiot. All the new roads being constructed all over the country are going to be tolled. It is not the matter south east alone.

The tolling are largely to finance maintenance not repayment necessarily.

Kano-maiduguri road was built by GEJ by federal government has already contracted tolling it to third party.
Nigeria is bankrupt, we cannot afford all these things now

3 Likes

Re: Gambari, Ngige, Fashola, Others Inspect 2nd Niger Bridge Today (Pictures) by Kwamecron(m): 9:39pm On Mar 08, 2022
Fashola and toll gate, 5&6.
Re: Gambari, Ngige, Fashola, Others Inspect 2nd Niger Bridge Today (Pictures) by GerogeI(m): 9:40pm On Mar 08, 2022
ShaqFu:
Lovely. The fourth picture looks like they want to put toll gate there. Haba!
They have not finished and they already built toll gates.

Answer: Because the bridge is not being funded by the Nigerian government as they claim, but a coalition put together by Julius Berger. So I heard from Julius Berger MD, face to face, in 2012.
Re: Gambari, Ngige, Fashola, Others Inspect 2nd Niger Bridge Today (Pictures) by iamdapsyj(m): 9:41pm On Mar 08, 2022
foryourmindlol:

You didn't read what he said up there. It's sarcasm now!!!!
Re: Gambari, Ngige, Fashola, Others Inspect 2nd Niger Bridge Today (Pictures) by Charly68: 9:45pm On Mar 08, 2022
Thank God for this Govt, PDP would have turned it to abandon project if they are the one in power. Even their own headquarters couldn't be completed despite the billions generated when they raise money for it..

2 Likes

Re: Gambari, Ngige, Fashola, Others Inspect 2nd Niger Bridge Today (Pictures) by aribisala0(m): 9:47pm On Mar 08, 2022
[i][/i]
GerogeI:

They have not finished and they already built toll gates.

Answer: Because the bridge is not being funded by the Nigerian government as they claim, but a coalition put together by Julius Berger. So I heard from Julius Berger MD, face to face, in 2012.
2012?
That was building with mouth

Fashola has changed that

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/491717-why-fg-abandoned-ppp-arrangements-on-second-niger-bridge-lagos-ibadan-expressway-fashola.html#:~:text=The%20Minister%20of%20Works%20and,secure%20needed%20funding%20from%20banks.

2 Likes

Re: Gambari, Ngige, Fashola, Others Inspect 2nd Niger Bridge Today (Pictures) by GerogeI(m): 9:57pm On Mar 08, 2022
aribisala0:
[i][/i] 2012?
That was building with mouth

Fashola has changed that

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/491717-why-fg-abandoned-ppp-arrangements-on-second-niger-bridge-lagos-ibadan-expressway-fashola.html#:~:text=The%20Minister%20of%20Works%20and,secure%20needed%20funding%20from%20banks.
Changed what exactly, cause I see more tolling booths on that bridge than you have at Lekki. What exactly did he change about it or its a case of the more you look the less you see.

Fashola has not completed a single federal road in the South East since he has been minister. Yet thats not how he is building in the South West.
Re: Gambari, Ngige, Fashola, Others Inspect 2nd Niger Bridge Today (Pictures) by izombie(m): 10:05pm On Mar 08, 2022
So for 8 years buhari no fit finish this bridge.
Re: Gambari, Ngige, Fashola, Others Inspect 2nd Niger Bridge Today (Pictures) by everythinggirly(f): 10:09pm On Mar 08, 2022
Nice one.
Re: Gambari, Ngige, Fashola, Others Inspect 2nd Niger Bridge Today (Pictures) by aribisala0(m): 10:10pm On Mar 08, 2022
GerogeI:

Changed what exactly, cause I see more tolling booths on that bridge than you have at Lekki. What exactly did he change about it or its a case of the more you look the less you see.

Fashola has not completed a single federal road in the South East since he has been minister. Yet thats not how he is building in the South West.
You claim that a coalition was put together by Julius Berger

Fashola cancelled PPP so if you see toll there then likely the FG will either concession them or operate them directly.
The SE is a tiny place and does not contribute much so pro rata it should get less that the SW but that is not happening.
The money for that bridge is paid upfront by the FG with funds from the Niger Delta ,Lagos and Abuja

3 Likes

Re: Gambari, Ngige, Fashola, Others Inspect 2nd Niger Bridge Today (Pictures) by nedekid: 10:22pm On Mar 08, 2022
humberjade:

I agree with you that APC messed our economy up. But my argument is that every party in Nigeria has it's own demons...same PDP spent N2.7trillion electricity to give us more perpetual darkness and ensure Nigerians spent their end of the year periods queuing for petrol.

But at the federal level, the APC has given so much attention to major infrastructure in 7 years than a party that was in power for 16yrs. APC has its many demons, but PDP is never a good replacement for APC. Same people parade both corridors looking for where to regain lost prominence and gain access to the treasury again. The sooner we know this the better for us. Instead, support individuals with tested success rate in governance, not party or desperate spent men.

And for your info, 1 Russian ruble will give you just 3 naira

"And for your info, 1 Russian ruble will give you just 3 naira"

Currency does not work that way.
1 Japanese yen will give you a little over 3 naira.
Does it mean yen is worthless?

1 Like

Re: Gambari, Ngige, Fashola, Others Inspect 2nd Niger Bridge Today (Pictures) by Horus(m): 10:27pm On Mar 08, 2022
Re: Gambari, Ngige, Fashola, Others Inspect 2nd Niger Bridge Today (Pictures) by Blackdisciple(m): 10:37pm On Mar 08, 2022
Is that not toll gate am seeing
Re: Gambari, Ngige, Fashola, Others Inspect 2nd Niger Bridge Today (Pictures) by ifiokjohn(m): 10:41pm On Mar 08, 2022
Mikolo70:

Kindly mention one PDP achievement in South East... Thank You
You forgot PDP built atleast twonfedral Universities in the SE. Education is more better.
Re: Gambari, Ngige, Fashola, Others Inspect 2nd Niger Bridge Today (Pictures) by temptnow: 10:42pm On Mar 08, 2022
Lanretoye:
Buhari Bridge.

After the completion of bridge that Igbos will pay for through toll gates. If we see anything Moha, talk less of Mohammed we will blow it up to shreds mark my words
Re: Gambari, Ngige, Fashola, Others Inspect 2nd Niger Bridge Today (Pictures) by wasuka14(m): 10:59pm On Mar 08, 2022
Are there no railway going to east and south??
foryourmindlol:
What's there to celebrate?

Re: Gambari, Ngige, Fashola, Others Inspect 2nd Niger Bridge Today (Pictures) by micfoley: 11:02pm On Mar 08, 2022
Would be an undeniably great legacy if this bridge was commissioned by this administration
Re: Gambari, Ngige, Fashola, Others Inspect 2nd Niger Bridge Today (Pictures) by techWriter3: 11:12pm On Mar 08, 2022
fathom wat we not still commemorates in this decade
Re: Gambari, Ngige, Fashola, Others Inspect 2nd Niger Bridge Today (Pictures) by Horus(m): 11:25pm On Mar 08, 2022
Blackdisciple:
Is that not toll gate am seeing

Yes, this is a toll gate
Re: Gambari, Ngige, Fashola, Others Inspect 2nd Niger Bridge Today (Pictures) by humberjade: 11:35pm On Mar 08, 2022
nedekid:

"And for your info, 1 Russian ruble will give you just 3 naira"

Currency does not work that way.
1 Japanese yen will give you a little over 3 naira.
Does it mean yen is worthless?

You sef stop comparing Nigeria with US and Russia... diesel in Nigeria is cheaper than what obtains in most European country too....Those countries are not in any way in our league. Artificial inflation is what we are battling as a country...and sadly the govt is finding it difficult to find a lasting solution to it. So in that regard, I agree with you.
Re: Gambari, Ngige, Fashola, Others Inspect 2nd Niger Bridge Today (Pictures) by CoolAmbience(m): 11:42pm On Mar 08, 2022
foryourmindlol:

So I should start jumping up for a loan I'll pay at ridiculous rates for decades? Even unborn Igbo kids will pay for it and I should be happy?

Your illiteracy and ignorance are incurable.

You are so foolish that you couldn't imagine that any Nigerian could use the rail to Niger?

Do you know how many traders from Southern Nigerian that do business between Nigeria and Niger?

So, it is only Igbos that would use the 2nd Niger Bridge? E be like say kerosene pour inside your brain.

Do you think the old Niger Bridge would be tolled or dismantled because of the new one?

This one think say toll gates no dey abroad.....if you no wan pay toll, you use alternative route. No be fight.

You no how much wey gridlock for the current Niger Bridge dey cost (manhour losses) the country?

For your information, na Julius Berger dey provide the most fund (over 80%), and also dey build the bridge. I no no wetin carry Chinese investors come 2nd Niger Bridge.
Re: Gambari, Ngige, Fashola, Others Inspect 2nd Niger Bridge Today (Pictures) by ifiokjohn(m): 11:43pm On Mar 08, 2022
Charly68:
Thank God for this Govt, PDP would have turned it to abandon project if they are the one in power. Even their own headquarters couldn't be completed despite the billions generated when they raise money for it..
shutup. Tell APC to solve ASUU wahala. We elected them for such. Education is more important than this rubbish

1 Like

Re: Gambari, Ngige, Fashola, Others Inspect 2nd Niger Bridge Today (Pictures) by ifiokjohn(m): 11:45pm On Mar 08, 2022
aribisala0:
You claim that a coalition was put together by Julius Berger

Fashola cancelled PPP so if you see toll there then likely the FG will either concession them or operate them directly.
The SE is a tiny place and does not contribute much so pro rata it should get less that the SW but that is not happening.
The money for that bridge is paid upfront by the FG with funds frobut ym the Niger Delta ,Lagos and Abuja
but you will come to Imo to come and collect free gas? Hypocrite.
Idiot like you don't even know Imo is part of the Niger delta. Meaning, it also Igbos money.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Gambari, Ngige, Fashola, Others Inspect 2nd Niger Bridge Today (Pictures) by foryourmindlol: 11:46pm On Mar 08, 2022
[s]
CoolAmbience:

You are so foolish that you couldn't imagine that any Nigerian could use the rail to Niger?

Do you know how many traders from Southern Nigerian that do business between Nigeria and Niger?

So, it is only Igbos that would use the 2nd Niger Bridge? E be like say kerosene pour inside your brain.

Do you think the old Niger Bridge would be tolled or dismantled because of the new one?

This one think say toll gates no dey abroad.....if you no wan pay toll, you use alternative route. No be fight.

You no how much wey gridlock for the current Niger Bridge dey cost (manhour losses) the country?

For your information, na Julius Berger dey provide the most fund (over 80%), and also dey build the bridge. I no no wetin carry Chinese investors come 2nd Niger Bridge.

[/s]
Fool. The whole southeast don't have any working railway and you're building expensive standard guage railway to Niger Republic of Boko Haram and Fulani bandits origin.

Yet tomorrow you'll be shouting One Nigeria like clown. If Igbos say they don't want Nigeria, you'll be tagging FIFA, UNN, UEFA, etc.

Let Igbos be in our country. Merge with Niger Republic who you love. Leave us alone you parasites and yoonity beggars grin
Re: Gambari, Ngige, Fashola, Others Inspect 2nd Niger Bridge Today (Pictures) by ello29(m): 11:46pm On Mar 08, 2022
This people are wicked some they build tollgate to make money from the South East did they build tollgate from Lagos -Ibadan expressway? Or the railways?
Re: Gambari, Ngige, Fashola, Others Inspect 2nd Niger Bridge Today (Pictures) by ifiokjohn(m): 11:47pm On Mar 08, 2022
CoolAmbience:

Fool. Talk to your govt to solve ASUU issues. Education is more important than this Rubbish. How can we develop when schools are closed for weeks cause of the failure of the buhari administration.

Because he built two bridges and two rails now we won't hear word.. mtcheeeew
Re: Gambari, Ngige, Fashola, Others Inspect 2nd Niger Bridge Today (Pictures) by CoolAmbience(m): 11:49pm On Mar 08, 2022
DozieMartin:
Toll gate in the East

So what?

There are toll gates around the world.

If this is what will drive infrastructural development....why not?

Na make the roads be death traps naim you prefer?

1 Like

Re: Gambari, Ngige, Fashola, Others Inspect 2nd Niger Bridge Today (Pictures) by mema900: 12:17am On Mar 09, 2022
SadiqBabaSani:
Imagine wat we are still celebrating in this century

Mr. Complainant, is it better we remain where we are? Huh?
Re: Gambari, Ngige, Fashola, Others Inspect 2nd Niger Bridge Today (Pictures) by RealTalkNoBull: 12:21am On Mar 09, 2022
foryourmindlol:

So I should start jumping up for a loan I'll pay at ridiculous rates for decades? Even unborn Igbo kids will pay for it and I should be happy?

Why didn’t your Eastern Governors get together and build it instead of stealing everything in Government coffers?
Re: Gambari, Ngige, Fashola, Others Inspect 2nd Niger Bridge Today (Pictures) by marsman: 12:27am On Mar 09, 2022
Mohammedu Buhari Bridge

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"Buhari Executed My Father But I Will Still Vote For Him" - Lawal Ojuolape's Son / Female Soldier Buried In Camouflage After Her Tragic Death In Port-Harcourt.PICS / Bola Tinubu Storms Ekiti To Campaign For Fayemi (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.