Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,732 members, 7,809,804 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:15 PM

My ₦25,000 Low Budget Wedding In Pictures - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My ₦25,000 Low Budget Wedding In Pictures (54452 Views)

Groom Shows Off What He Gave His In-laws For Traditional Wedding In Enugu (Pix) / Man Dies One Month After His Wedding In Plateau State (Photos) / Terminate My 25-year-old Marriage To Ill-tempered Wife – Pastor Begs Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My ₦25,000 Low Budget Wedding In Pictures by Alexgeneration(m): 6:06pm On Mar 09, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I am afraid you are the one who has got it twisted, my friend.. undecided

Your traditional marriages and dowry systems are for those who chose to let traditions dictate for them what marriage should be, whereas court or registry is meant or intended for those who would rather not submit to confines of tradition in any way or form where there marriage is concerned. undecided

The problem, however, is that to keep many believing in traditional ways, the lie has been sold them that without paying of bride price, and in some case, doing of traditional marriage ceremony , a marriage agreement cannot be entered into. Sadly, this life has forced many to enter blindly into these unions without clear understanding of the ramifications of submitting to such ideas as they hold. undecided

The truth is just like your church marriages, your traditional are equally ceremonial. undecided

Stop lying please.

We have a way of life before the white people came and tried to destroy what we have.

Traditional marriage is never subservient to whatever thing that the white man sold to the people.

5 Likes

Re: My ₦25,000 Low Budget Wedding In Pictures by vincenteger: 6:06pm On Mar 09, 2022
Low budget wedding with Apc banner at the back.
Is there something we need to know
Re: My ₦25,000 Low Budget Wedding In Pictures by Rawhumper(m): 6:06pm On Mar 09, 2022
Same here,mine will be strictly on invitation.

uote author=Solsix post=110872179]My kind of wedding. What is the poster above no be everybody wants his or her event loud. There are people who don't like crowd I am one of them.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: My ₦25,000 Low Budget Wedding In Pictures by Nobody: 6:07pm On Mar 09, 2022
Correct guy. No let the girl ummunna catch you o
Re: My ₦25,000 Low Budget Wedding In Pictures by Omotosho1090905(m): 6:08pm On Mar 09, 2022
If you get money and you still no loud am na run we fit commend no be the one wey money no dey jhor

1 Like

Re: My ₦25,000 Low Budget Wedding In Pictures by Kobojunkie: 6:09pm On Mar 09, 2022
MYHUBBY:
1. your parents didn't wear traditional attires, so what do they wear to registry? Ankara and satin?

2. I don't expect you to understand, your parents married in the old era but if they're in this social media and modern time they will rather be on traditional attire, English dress and take a picture that will be echoing it in your draining brain that when you want to do something even if is not going to be elaborate, let it worth it

3. Nairaland have given a lot of you dead brain kids to be typing above your common sense lately
1. My dad wore regular suit and tire, and my mum wore her regular outfits - they became husband and wife in the 1970s Nigeria. undecided

2. You are not making any sense here. undecided

3. You actually think any of what you have claimed so far makes any sense? undecided

1 Like

Re: My ₦25,000 Low Budget Wedding In Pictures by Solsix(m): 6:09pm On Mar 09, 2022
Kingpee2:
Yes maybe most Nigerians ..
I agree with this
Re: My ₦25,000 Low Budget Wedding In Pictures by Karleb(m): 6:10pm On Mar 09, 2022
AFONAMARO:

Like he'll eat the pictures afterwards?

Been looking at the ones I spent heavily on, and I am wondering if the camera man will take them back and balance me half of the money

It shows you are stingy. tongue
Re: My ₦25,000 Low Budget Wedding In Pictures by Nobody: 6:10pm On Mar 09, 2022
Stingy man.

But you get luck. Your marriage go last. E sure.
Re: My ₦25,000 Low Budget Wedding In Pictures by rickleye: 6:12pm On Mar 09, 2022
Excellent ! Like its the quality of the ceremony that determines the quality of the marriage .
Many whom have married with Millions are divorced and in debt.
Congrats !.
Re: My ₦25,000 Low Budget Wedding In Pictures by Kobojunkie: 6:12pm On Mar 09, 2022
Alexgeneration:
Stop lying please.

1. We have a way of life before the white people came and tried to destroy what we have.

2. Traditional marriage is never subservient to whatever thing that the white man sold to the people.
1. Yes, you have a way of life. Hold on to it as commonsense continues to pass you all by. undecided

2. Sure it isn't, even though in Nigerian Law, it is simply one of three choices available to all individuals
undecided

1 Like

Re: My ₦25,000 Low Budget Wedding In Pictures by Nobody: 6:15pm On Mar 09, 2022
MARRIAGE for APC Secretariat.
Re: My ₦25,000 Low Budget Wedding In Pictures by SaturnNick(m): 6:16pm On Mar 09, 2022
Congratulations bro
Re: My ₦25,000 Low Budget Wedding In Pictures by Pootle: 6:16pm On Mar 09, 2022
Beremx:
This is the kind of wedding you do when your wife’s family is on your neck to marry their daughter after she has had children for you. You simply don’t have money for white wedding and you opted for a wedding you won’t spend shishi.
Wetin consign you? You don collect marriage certificate

mmm...folake for the night o, if i broke na my business cool
Re: My ₦25,000 Low Budget Wedding In Pictures by Buharidgeneral: 6:17pm On Mar 09, 2022
Where is the wife if I may ask?

1 Like

Re: My ₦25,000 Low Budget Wedding In Pictures by OBALOLA55(m): 6:18pm On Mar 09, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Registry marriage has always been an option available to Nigerians for many many decades. I still remember by parent's own registry marriage picture from way back when.. undecided
NA THIS EMOTICON YOU GO USE DECORATE YOUR WEDDING VENUE KOBO grin

1 Like

Re: My ₦25,000 Low Budget Wedding In Pictures by OdefaGirl(f): 6:19pm On Mar 09, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Which bride price again? This here is meant as an alternative to your traditional marriages. undecided

You can choose to either marry through the

1. traditional route
2. Church marriage
3. Registry or court marriage.

You only need do just one to be married. undecided

Guy, why do you like telling lies to yourself. Be real for once.
Re: My ₦25,000 Low Budget Wedding In Pictures by AvalonSpace(m): 6:19pm On Mar 09, 2022
At least, you should've arranged a light refreshments

1 Like

Re: My ₦25,000 Low Budget Wedding In Pictures by OdefaGirl(f): 6:21pm On Mar 09, 2022
Alexgeneration:

Stop lying please.

We have a way of life before the white people came and tried to destroy what we have.

Traditional marriage is never subservient to whatever thing that the white man sold to the people.

Don't mind the I too know guy.... Faking everything to sound wise, unfortunately, it's not working.
Re: My ₦25,000 Low Budget Wedding In Pictures by Kobojunkie: 6:22pm On Mar 09, 2022
OdefaGirl:
Guy, why do you like telling lies to yourself. Be real for once.
What lie? undecided
Section 18 of the African Charter on Human and People's Rights (Ratification and Enforcement) Act, CAP A9, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria, 2004 provides for protection of family life. This is achieved principally by the sanctity of marriage.
Nigerian law envisages 3 types of marriages namely; Traditional/Customary marriage; Church/Islamic marriage and Statutory marriage.
https://www.mondaq.com/nigeria/family-law/636390/an-appraisal-of-types-of-marriage-in-nigeria-and-procedure-for-contracting-statutory-marriage-in-nigeria#:~:text=Nigerian%20law%20envisages%203%20types,Islamic%20marriage%20and%20Statutory%20marriage

1 Like

Re: My ₦25,000 Low Budget Wedding In Pictures by Alexgeneration(m): 6:23pm On Mar 09, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Yes, you have a way of life. Hold on to it as commonsense continues to pass you all by. undecided

2. Sure it isn't, even though in Nigerian Law, it is simply one of three choices available to all individuals
undecided
Because you can string up some basic English language doesn't mean you're wiser than most African and Asian societies.

Your demeaning of the African tradition couched in "common sense " is no different from house Niggars during slavery and woke people in this time and age. Unfortunately, reality hits them when they least expect it.
Re: My ₦25,000 Low Budget Wedding In Pictures by OdefaGirl(f): 6:24pm On Mar 09, 2022
Basicend:
That's the way it should go.

I don't understand why people will be spending so much in wedding. .

Abeg leave that thing.... even if na clean new shirt, am not even asking for jollof rice ooo. Brokelyn is different from Low key grin

2 Likes

Re: My ₦25,000 Low Budget Wedding In Pictures by princeemmma(m): 6:24pm On Mar 09, 2022
Here in Abeokuta, we are printing 50/30 naira depending on number of pages, people are still complaining that its too much
Re: My ₦25,000 Low Budget Wedding In Pictures by ultiliberty(m): 6:25pm On Mar 09, 2022
majamajic:

Not only that . It looked like a fairly used marriage

Either you think it's a fairly used, Tokunbo or Brand New marriage, all na marriage sha

The Lord, God has already blessed their union
Re: My ₦25,000 Low Budget Wedding In Pictures by Kobojunkie: 6:26pm On Mar 09, 2022
Alexgeneration:

Because you can string up some basic English language doesn't mean you're wiser than most African and Asian societies.

Your demeaning of the African tradition couched in "common sense " is no different from house Niggars during slavery and woke people in this time and age. Unfortunately, reality hits them when they least expect it.
At least make an effort as far as the law over this society and traditions which you claim. undecided

Section 18 of the African Charter on Human and People's Rights (Ratification and Enforcement) Act, CAP A9, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria, 2004 provides for protection of family life. This is achieved principally by the sanctity of marriage.
Nigerian law envisages 3 types of marriages namely;
■Traditional/Customary marriage;
■Church/Islamic marriage
■ and Statutory marriage.
https://www.mondaq.com/nigeria/family-law/636390/an-appraisal-of-types-of-marriage-in-nigeria-and-procedure-for-contracting-statutory-marriage-in-nigeria#:~:text=Nigerian%20law%20envisages%203%20types,Islamic%20marriage%20and%20Statutory%20marriage
Re: My ₦25,000 Low Budget Wedding In Pictures by Alexgeneration(m): 6:27pm On Mar 09, 2022
OdefaGirl:

Don't mind the I too know guy.... Faking everything to sound wise, unfortunately, it's not working.
Because they think they can speak English, suddenly African tradition is trash.

Inferiority complex is a disease inherently in most black people, so I'm not surprised.

1 Like

Re: My ₦25,000 Low Budget Wedding In Pictures by Joseph08(m): 6:28pm On Mar 09, 2022
Slay queens won't like this BUT their Papa no too spend to marry their Mama o.

Re: My ₦25,000 Low Budget Wedding In Pictures by AdesewaAde(f): 6:28pm On Mar 09, 2022
In as much as I love a very low key wedding,this type of wedding is a no for me.
Naa wedding you dey do no be say the wife dey market dey sell pepper and the husband dey do teaching job for one bush . They are all looking rough and dirty .

5 Likes

Re: My ₦25,000 Low Budget Wedding In Pictures by Triangles1(m): 6:29pm On Mar 09, 2022
Solsix:
My kind of wedding. What is the poster above saying??no be everybody wants his or her event loud. There are people who don't like crowd I am one of them.

Same bro, I rather give the money to the less privilege than to feed people that will back bite you.

1 Like

Re: My ₦25,000 Low Budget Wedding In Pictures by November24(f): 6:29pm On Mar 09, 2022
Kingpee2:
Congrats man ,forget sha na because money o too dey ,Most Nigerians like to dey show off grace of God when they find it ...I wish you well but like I said earlier na because money no too dey ...

Show me dbanj wedding pictures.
Under 12.
Re: My ₦25,000 Low Budget Wedding In Pictures by Kobojunkie: 6:31pm On Mar 09, 2022
AdesewaAde:
In as much as I love a very low key wedding,this type of wedding is a no for me.
Naa wedding you dey do no be say the wife dey market dey sell pepper and the husband dey do teaching job for one bush . They are all looking rough and dirty .
Even if you wear diamond cover body on that day, na the same marriage you dey enter with those who wear sackcloth on their day. No difference. undecided

1 Like

Re: My ₦25,000 Low Budget Wedding In Pictures by Kobojunkie: 6:31pm On Mar 09, 2022
Triangles1:
Same bro, I rather give the money to the less privilege than to feed people that will back bite you.
ROFLMAO
cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Wife Lied About Her Age, What Should I Do? / Wallpaper At 3500 Per Roll (wholesale's Price) / Meet Phil The Mature Man Who Like To Dress Like A Baby(pics/vieo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.