Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,470 members, 7,816,115 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

Umahi's Sack: We're Waiting For Court Documents To Take Actions - INEC - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umahi's Sack: We're Waiting For Court Documents To Take Actions - INEC (20534 Views)

Court Documents Reveal GEJ Filed Charges Against Tinubu In 2011 For Forgery / Umahi's Sack: President Buhari In Close Door Meeting With Umahi (Photos) / FBI Indictment Of Abba Kyari, Hushpuppi (US Court Documents) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Umahi's Sack: We're Waiting For Court Documents To Take Actions - INEC by Devil1Messenger: 8:02am On Mar 09, 2022
Tareq1105:

I voted individuals across parties. I'm not a politician so I don't have Party but I have individuals that I can vouch for.
During elections, u won't see their names on the ballot rather party name and logo. So it's party u are voting for. That's y when a gov die or get impeached, the same party takes over. E.g. kogi
Re: Umahi's Sack: We're Waiting For Court Documents To Take Actions - INEC by Caseless: 8:03am On Mar 09, 2022
omenkaLives:
But we know this judgement can never be executed. We're in the third month of 2022 already, and by the time the appeal court might be preparing its judgement, we could be talking about a handover to another elected governor in 2023.

The judgement is what it is- a mere pronouncement. It's only utility I see is it making it alot more difficult for incumbents to change parties at will.
That judge is highly high. I'm sure they'll get a stay of execution today until determination of issue bordering on jurisdictions of the court to hear the matter in the first place.
Re: Umahi's Sack: We're Waiting For Court Documents To Take Actions - INEC by Nobody: 8:04am On Mar 09, 2022
OfficialAwol:

Have you imagined that if Umahi remained in PDP, he would have been the strongest contender to the PDP ticket?

Umahi dimmed the chances of Southeast getting the PDP ticket when he left to APC.

Now, look at it, where do you think his chances would have been stronger?
Sir/Ma,

You are absolutely right. Politics is about dispute resolution, but he chose to show stubbornness by moving over. Even Ayade will soon pay for it too. This is why I like Obaseki. He stood till the end.

But it is the same attitude of ibo. They arent patient enough. Any tiny quarrel, they start beating chests.. you know who a bi? You wan die? And bla bla bla .... And before you know it, they have all gathered round supporting at the same time shouting. This is the same anger that made this gov leave. And he will pay for it. Ibos need to learn how to play politics.

This man was portrayed as the best of all the ibos trying to contest, but this flaw in him was what I said from day 1 will work against him. Very greedy human. Less than 6 months you crossed to a new party, you want to contest for number 1 position, and ibos here are cheering the useless man. Imagine. Now, they will say Yoruba or Ijaw is their enemy. cheesy I have told them to forget 2023 because they aren't ready yet. Is it Okorocha or Orji Kalu we will vote into Aso Rock? Lol.

Ibos cannot rule Nigeria. No one is marginalizing them, they are just not ready. They must compete like the other southern tribes. No one will hand over the key of Aso Rock to a group of disorganized and backstabbers. They will fight themselves out of the race. No be juju. That greediness in them is what will work against them as usual. No be ibo? cheesy

One down! More to go. We dey watch in our 3D glasses. cool

1 Like

Re: Umahi's Sack: We're Waiting For Court Documents To Take Actions - INEC by puzzlegate(m): 8:04am On Mar 09, 2022
3coins:

Does it even make any sense. This means we are ruled by a party and not a person.
oga stop talking like a kid now, are we operating non- party system ? As long as parties present candidates to represent their various parties, it's the party that wins or loses elections. Individuals are just candidates. It's like a football team. Individuals represent the team. Be it club or national.
Re: Umahi's Sack: We're Waiting For Court Documents To Take Actions - INEC by internet: 8:07am On Mar 09, 2022
3coins:
When we vote, do we vote for the party or the individual? I don’t understand

It is the party. That is why when u go to vote, u don't see the face of the person, u only see the party logo.

1 Like

Re: Umahi's Sack: We're Waiting For Court Documents To Take Actions - INEC by onuman: 8:08am On Mar 09, 2022
Hopefully, it will not take longer than expected.

Already, it has been too long living with the ugly phenomenon of an elected political office holder selling the mandate he got from voters to other voters who did not vote for him.
Re: Umahi's Sack: We're Waiting For Court Documents To Take Actions - INEC by Attackerokenwa: 8:14am On Mar 09, 2022
What Cross Rivers governor Ben Ayade and Zamfara governor both have defect to opposition party rather than the one put they in power
Re: Umahi's Sack: We're Waiting For Court Documents To Take Actions - INEC by OfficialAwol(m): 8:16am On Mar 09, 2022
PeaceJoyLove:

Sir/Ma,

You are absolutely right. Politics is about dispute resolution, but he chose to show stubbornness by moving over. Even Ayade will soon pay for it too. This is why I like Obaseki. He stood till the end.

But it is the same attitude of ibo. They arent patient enough. Any tiny quarrel, they start beating chests.. you know who a bi? You wan die? And bla bla bla .... And before you know it, they have all gathered round supporting at the same time shouting. This is the same anger that made this gov leave. And he will pay for it. Ibos need to learn how to play politics.

This man was portrayed as the best of all the ibos trying to contest, but this flaw in him was what I said from day 1 will work against him. Very greedy human. Less than 6 months you crossed to a new party, you want to contest for number 1 position, and ibos here are cheering the useless man. Imagine. Now, they will say Yoruba or Ijaw is their enemy. cheesy I have told them to forget 2023 because they aren't ready yet. Is it Okorocha or Orji Kalu we will vote into Aso Rock? Lol.

Ibos cannot rule Nigeria. No one is marginalizing them, they are just not ready. They must compete like the other southern tribes. No one will hand over the key of Aso Rock to a group of disorganized and backstabbers. They will fight themselves out of the race. No be juju. That greediness in them is what will work against them as usual. No be ibo? cheesy

Please don't castigate my tribe. I bet you don't know I'm Igbo.

My grouse with Umahi is that he had no reason to defect to APC.

If he remained in PDP, they'd be 3 southeast governors arguing Southeast course in PDP but he blew it up.

When there is disagreement in your home, is the best thing to vacate your house? Won't you stamp your foot on the ground and see that the conflict is resolved?

However, that Umahi chose to be stupid doesn't mean all Igbos are stupid. There are Igbos who are peaceful people and always choose the path of peaceful resolution of conflict rather than the picture you are painting.
Re: Umahi's Sack: We're Waiting For Court Documents To Take Actions - INEC by FreeStuffsNG: 8:24am On Mar 09, 2022
@Fergie01. I hope you can link this with my position yesterday wink
Re: Umahi's Sack: We're Waiting For Court Documents To Take Actions - INEC by 3coins(m): 8:26am On Mar 09, 2022
puzzlegate:
oga stop talking like a kid now, are we operating non- party system ? As long as parties present candidates to represent their various parties, it's the party that wins or loses elections. Individuals are just candidates. It's like a football team. Individuals represent the team. Be it club or national.
A person seeking clarification means the person is sounding like a kid to you? SMH

1 Like

Re: Umahi's Sack: We're Waiting For Court Documents To Take Actions - INEC by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 8:33am On Mar 09, 2022
Loud it

kingphilip:
I have always been against the idea of carpet crossing because in the real sense, it doesn't make any sense to do so.

Both APC and PDP have different idealogies and what's the essence of you carpet crossing? Is it that you've changed idea or what?

But this is Nigeria sha, even when they do not carpetcross if they find a common ground to loot the country dry, they'll unite even across partylines to do so.

I hope the judgement stands so that the useless carpetcrossing can go to hell.
Re: Umahi's Sack: We're Waiting For Court Documents To Take Actions - INEC by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 8:34am On Mar 09, 2022
another rubbish from the wailing tribe

PeaceJoyLove:

grin
Hahahha. Una no wan hear the truth. Know it and know peace. We no go vote Okorocha and Orji in. Period.

You will not be president in 2023 cos this one portrayed as a good person is not. Right from day 1, I know he is the worst. How can one be greedy to the extent of wanting to rule over people who started a party in 2014? Lol. Very greedy man. Yet, that's the person they said is the best. That's greediness talking. A beg....tou wont see anything wrong in his action if he is not presently having this challenge. This is who most of you are. Lol.

So, no one is insulting you. I am just analyzing the issue. You are the ones insulting yourselves. Your greediness is why many of us are laughing at you. grin

Go and choose the good ones you mentioned. Yes, I know there are good ibos....but generally, you are greedy. And everyone has been saying it to your faces. Or you want to pretend as if people dont say it to your faces now? Ibos are greedy. Yes. It doenst mean everyone there is...but majority of you are. And it is your duty if you are one of the good ones to correct this. Instead of you hiding behind tribalism everytime we tell you the truth.

Go correct yourselves. If you had corrected yourselves, we wouldn't have been bold to say it to your faces that you are mostly greedy. So, I'm dating it with all boldness, ibos are greedy. Lol. Know this...and correct yourselves.

Ibos are greedy. This is the truth. If you like take it in good faith and return home to make correction, if you like keep beating your chests that it's a tribal war. What I know is that you wont get to Aso Rock if you do not change. Not now, not in 2023, not in 100 years to come. Except you change your ways. Period.

Goodluck! wink

Re: Umahi's Sack: We're Waiting For Court Documents To Take Actions - INEC by Blackfriday: 8:35am On Mar 09, 2022
[q[b][/b]uote author=kingphilip post=110873392]I have always been against the idea of carpet crossing because in the real sense, it doesn't make any sense to do so.

Both APC and PDP have different idealogies and what's the essence of you carpet crossing? Is it that you've changed idea or what?

But this is Nigeria sha, even when they do not carpetcross if they find a common ground to loot the country dry, they'll unite even across partylines to do so.

I hope the judgement stands so that the useless carpetcrossing can go to hell.[/quote] Which different idealogies?

No party in Nigeria have any form of idealogy, they are all bunch of thiefies who move both ways at will, when it serves their interest.
Re: Umahi's Sack: We're Waiting For Court Documents To Take Actions - INEC by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 8:36am On Mar 09, 2022
why shouldn't we beat chest...have we lost any territory ?is wakili in charge of any zone? have they polluted our waters with oil spill? have we been Enslaved by the fulanis ..oga gerrat abeg,rubbish analysis from brown roof republic..who knows if you are even writing from Benin republic

PeaceJoyLove:

Sir/Ma,

Re: Umahi's Sack: We're Waiting For Court Documents To Take Actions - INEC by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 8:40am On Mar 09, 2022
see fake love extraordinary...give it to the beggars on your street. It's not needed

PeaceJoyLove:

Says who? grin

See, ibo will keep fighting itself. It is like I hate ibos. No, I dont. I love ibos. As a good friend, I must tell ibos the truth. Now, this guy has been damaged emotionally. He cannot concentrate again with his plan to sit in Aso Rock. He will start fighting this. Can he even fight after he is tossed out?

Lol. cheesy
Re: Umahi's Sack: We're Waiting For Court Documents To Take Actions - INEC by Wiseking00(m): 8:43am On Mar 09, 2022
kingphilip:
I have always been against the idea of carpet crossing because in the real sense, it doesn't make any sense to do so.

I hope the judgement stands so that the useless carpetcrossing can go to hell.

Sir, both parties have only one ideology is to loot and loot and loot
Re: Umahi's Sack: We're Waiting For Court Documents To Take Actions - INEC by MYHUBBY: 8:43am On Mar 09, 2022
BeardGangJnr1:
This judge is null and void. in general elections, we vote for individuals not Parties.
That's the small I know... anyone can enlighten me More

party logo is put on a ballot box, individual only represent, so in this case you vote for the party not individual

a victory of umahi was a victory of PDP in 2019

1 Like

Re: Umahi's Sack: We're Waiting For Court Documents To Take Actions - INEC by Rafmore(m): 8:46am On Mar 09, 2022
Contact us today in terms of Architectural design, consultancy, and construction @ www.Facebook.com/RAfmore 71 or call us on +2349043090523 or +2349017812476 Whatsapp Available

Re: Umahi's Sack: We're Waiting For Court Documents To Take Actions - INEC by neeyor88: 8:46am On Mar 09, 2022
Tareq1105:

Even the judgement doesn't have any legal basis and that's an indication that it will be crushed at the Appeal.

There's no section of either the Nigeria constitution or Electoral Act to back the judgement. So it's just an unfounded pronouncement that cannot stand the test of time.

Remember, the party under whose platform he was elected has a constitution.
Re: Umahi's Sack: We're Waiting For Court Documents To Take Actions - INEC by bluefilm: 8:51am On Mar 09, 2022
omenkaLives:
But we know this judgement can never be executed. We're in the third month of 2022 already, and by the time the appeal court might be preparing its judgement, we could be talking about a handover to another elected governor in 2023.

The judgement is what it is- a mere pronouncement. It's only utility I see is it making it alot more difficult for incumbents to change parties at will.

You get sense die.

Keep it up.
Re: Umahi's Sack: We're Waiting For Court Documents To Take Actions - INEC by christejames(m): 8:53am On Mar 09, 2022
3coins:
When we vote, do we vote for the party or the individual? I don’t understand

Is it the individual's picture that you thumbprint beside on a ballot paper or the party's logo?

1 Like

Re: Umahi's Sack: We're Waiting For Court Documents To Take Actions - INEC by badoh(m): 8:58am On Mar 09, 2022
kingphilip:

Just like what it is, as soon as INEC gets the CTC, they'll issue a certificate of return to the name submitted by PDP.

If or when the appeal court nullifies the judgement, INEC can always revert.

So the issue of waiting for Appeal court or supreme court decision doesn't hold here.
If Nigeria were to be a country that upholds rule of law, the current occupier of the office should vacate immediately the court sacks him and not filing for appeal at the same not leaving office. He should first vacate the office, then file for appeal. If the court of appeal later reinstate him, he goes back to his office.
Re: Umahi's Sack: We're Waiting For Court Documents To Take Actions - INEC by Odidigboigbo(m): 8:58am On Mar 09, 2022
BeardGangJnr1:
This judge is null and void. in general elections, we vote for individuals not Parties.
That's the small I know... anyone can enlighten me More
You vote for party not individual in Nigeria election. Rotimi Amaechi vs Celestine Omehia, Yaya Bello and APC Vs PDP. Supreme court has ruled on this matter in two consecutive times. There is no provision for independent candidate in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Umahi's Sack: We're Waiting For Court Documents To Take Actions - INEC by Veeryeasy(m): 9:00am On Mar 09, 2022
Beautiful, because i don't know where you'll gather vote through a party and now go with the vote to another party
Re: Umahi's Sack: We're Waiting For Court Documents To Take Actions - INEC by erubati: 9:01am On Mar 09, 2022
This justice inyang ekwo is a criminal of the highest order.
The same justice that tried to stop the house from modifying the constitution
Re: Umahi's Sack: We're Waiting For Court Documents To Take Actions - INEC by Indispensable85(m): 9:02am On Mar 09, 2022
CryptoTeacher:
The governor should be preparing an appeal urgently and not chest beating and granting unnecessary interviews. This shit is about to hit the ceiling for him.

You think he won't appeal ASAP?
Lol...... He knows what he's doing.
Re: Umahi's Sack: We're Waiting For Court Documents To Take Actions - INEC by Indispensable85(m): 9:07am On Mar 09, 2022
kingphilip:

Just like what it is, as soon as INEC gets the CTC, they'll issue a certificate of return to the name submitted by PDP.

If or when the appeal court nullifies the judgement, INEC can always revert.

So the issue of waiting for Appeal court or supreme court decision doesn't hold here.

The judgement is for inec to conduct a fresh election not to give certificate of return. The PDP was asked to present their candidates to inec for fresh election.
Hahahaha....you think there'll be a fresh election? The governor will appeal it and remain on his seat. Sometimes I wonder if some of you are from pluto. This same thing happened to Taraba governor before.
Re: Umahi's Sack: We're Waiting For Court Documents To Take Actions - INEC by Indispensable85(m): 9:10am On Mar 09, 2022
Devil1Messenger:

Its party.
U won't see individuals faces on the ballot, rather party logos

Thank God the new constitutional amendments now have independent candidacy. So what will the court say in such case?
Re: Umahi's Sack: We're Waiting For Court Documents To Take Actions - INEC by Indispensable85(m): 9:11am On Mar 09, 2022
Lol.... For naija?
We already know how this will end. They should stop deceiving themselves.
Re: Umahi's Sack: We're Waiting For Court Documents To Take Actions - INEC by Forumobserver12(m): 9:16am On Mar 09, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

Umahi to vacate the seat? grin

This is not western world o, this is zoo o

Once the INEC withdrew his certificate of return, he has no choice but to vacate the seat, he can go ahead and appeal the judgement from outside the Government House, don't forget that this is not election related matter..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sylvanus Adiewere Nsofor: Senate Confirms 82-Year-Old Ambassadorial Nominee / June 12: You’ve declared 1993 election result, Falana tells Buhari / Junaid Mohammed: Tinubu Holds Different View About Buhari In Private

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.