Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,663 members, 7,820,328 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

Crude Oil Price: MAN Warns Of Hyper Inflation, Subsidy Hits ₦400, Diesel, ₦625 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Crude Oil Price: MAN Warns Of Hyper Inflation, Subsidy Hits ₦400, Diesel, ₦625 (13881 Views)

Nigeria Records Zero Revenue From Oil Export As Subsidy Hits N199bn / NNPC Spends N1bn Daily, Petrol Subsidy Hits N19.37/Litre / Fuel Subsidy Hits N2.4billion Daily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crude Oil Price: MAN Warns Of Hyper Inflation, Subsidy Hits ₦400, Diesel, ₦625 by anigbajumo(m): 6:43am On Mar 09, 2022
backbencher:

So, should Buhari bring back subsidy on diesel?

Who tells you he should bring back subsidy for diesel??
Re: Crude Oil Price: MAN Warns Of Hyper Inflation, Subsidy Hits ₦400, Diesel, ₦625 by Nobody: 6:46am On Mar 09, 2022
anigbajumo:

Who tells you he should bring back subsidy for diesel??

Just asking. Because the high price has a lot to do with high price of the raw material...crude, which is due to issues outside government

Since you think the price is too high, maybe goverment should bring back a subsidy on diesel to keep costs down...the same way we got a subsidy on PMS as a result of the 1973 fight between Israel and the Arab world...which led to the OPEC EMBARGO.

(Refineries at home is a solution too).
Re: Crude Oil Price: MAN Warns Of Hyper Inflation, Subsidy Hits ₦400, Diesel, ₦625 by EastisBae: 6:46am On Mar 09, 2022
Comradewhy:
Expect worse.
Nigeria keep getting worse on a daily basis,how on Earth do they expect their citizens to survive this kind of hardship?

There is going to be serious crises. A hungry man is an angry man, and most Nigerians are now hungry, hopeless and frustrated.

I wonder how the country is going to survive what is coming.

2 Likes

Re: Crude Oil Price: MAN Warns Of Hyper Inflation, Subsidy Hits ₦400, Diesel, ₦625 by Nobody: 6:49am On Mar 09, 2022
EastisBae:

There is going to be serious crises. A hungry man is an angry man, and most Nigerians are now hungry, hopeless and frustrated.

I wonder how the country is going to survive what is coming.
Haha

Re: Crude Oil Price: MAN Warns Of Hyper Inflation, Subsidy Hits ₦400, Diesel, ₦625 by samtinx(m): 6:49am On Mar 09, 2022
angry I can't believe in mt lifetime I bought pms fuel for 65 naira and here I am, decade later buying same product for 400naira.
I beg who we offend

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Price: MAN Warns Of Hyper Inflation, Subsidy Hits ₦400, Diesel, ₦625 by anigbajumo(m): 6:50am On Mar 09, 2022
backbencher:

Just asking. Because the high price has a lot to do with high price of the raw material...crude, which is due to issues outside government

Since you think the price is too high, maybe goverment should bring back a subsidy on diesel to keep costs down...the same way we got a subsidy on PMS as a result of the 1973 fight between Israel and the Arab world...which led to the OPEC EMBARGO.

(Refineries at home is a solution too).

That’s my point, He promised us one refinery every year and nothing has been done in the last 7yrs.

5 Likes

Re: Crude Oil Price: MAN Warns Of Hyper Inflation, Subsidy Hits ₦400, Diesel, ₦625 by Nobody: 6:52am On Mar 09, 2022
anigbajumo:

That’s my point, He promised us one refinery every year and nothing has been done in the last 7yrs.

That's because in order to get a refinery at home, subsidy on PMS has to go first.

Same problem his predecessor had. Signed an agreement to build 3 refineries with the chinese, which were not built because subsidy was not removed completely.

If subsidy does not go, the refineries cannot operate profitably. Had we removed subsidy in 2012 or 2015 or 1993 we would have had refineries galore.

But everytime subsidy removal has been suggested, people come on the street and cry poverty. People threaten to come on the street and cry poverty. So, subsides remain, and investors keep out.

At the end, someone had to take an unpopular but good decision, but no...

3 Likes

Re: Crude Oil Price: MAN Warns Of Hyper Inflation, Subsidy Hits ₦400, Diesel, ₦625 by Splitmind: 6:53am On Mar 09, 2022
This is a very good development, Nigerians have been pampered for too long by the PDP and it has spoiled the country.

When petrol sells for it's real price we can now have money to start the real change.

Instead of complaining now is the time to rally behind President Buhari.
Re: Crude Oil Price: MAN Warns Of Hyper Inflation, Subsidy Hits ₦400, Diesel, ₦625 by Splitmind: 6:55am On Mar 09, 2022
anigbajumo:

Stop complaining President Buhari built several refineries in his tenure.

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Price: MAN Warns Of Hyper Inflation, Subsidy Hits ₦400, Diesel, ₦625 by Nobody: 6:55am On Mar 09, 2022
Splitmind:
This is a very good development, Nigerians have been pampered for too long by the PDP and it has spoiled the country.

When petrol sells for it's real price we can now have money to start the real change.

Instead of complaining now is the time to rally behind President Buhari.

So why didn't Buhari completely remove subsides in 2015, when we would have ended this once and for all?
Re: Crude Oil Price: MAN Warns Of Hyper Inflation, Subsidy Hits ₦400, Diesel, ₦625 by Nobody: 6:56am On Mar 09, 2022
Splitmind:

Stop complaining President Buhari built several refineries in his tenure.

Dude, that was like over 40 years ago. Will we continue to dine on past succes? Plus, why didn't he remove subsides in 2015, so that by now we would have had more refineries going up?
Re: Crude Oil Price: MAN Warns Of Hyper Inflation, Subsidy Hits ₦400, Diesel, ₦625 by Splitmind: 6:56am On Mar 09, 2022
backbencher:

So why didn't Buhari completely remove subsides in 2015, when we would have ended this once and for all?

Because lazy youths would cry and he wanted to keep these youths happy.

This is the fault of average Nigerians who wants to live the easy life and take us nowhere.
Re: Crude Oil Price: MAN Warns Of Hyper Inflation, Subsidy Hits ₦400, Diesel, ₦625 by everythinggirly(f): 6:57am On Mar 09, 2022
When will this country get better?
Re: Crude Oil Price: MAN Warns Of Hyper Inflation, Subsidy Hits ₦400, Diesel, ₦625 by Ishilove: 6:58am On Mar 09, 2022
Babaheekmat:
Coming from oil producing nation..

What a shame
A total, disheartening shame. Disgraceful
Re: Crude Oil Price: MAN Warns Of Hyper Inflation, Subsidy Hits ₦400, Diesel, ₦625 by Nobody: 6:58am On Mar 09, 2022
Splitmind:

Because lazy youths would cry and he wanted to keep these youths happy.

This is the fault of average Nigerians who wants to live the easy life and take us nowhere.

Even then, true leadership involves taking unpopular decisions.

Your leader should have taken the unpopular decision to remove subsides. Instead he did not. Like Bubu, like GEJ. Now see where we are. Billions gone to feed the subsidy monster, billions more to feed it now
Re: Crude Oil Price: MAN Warns Of Hyper Inflation, Subsidy Hits ₦400, Diesel, ₦625 by Tonytonex(m): 7:01am On Mar 09, 2022
They should use the extra money they made from increase in crude oil to pay for the subsidy. Abi dey wan pocket that one? I wonder how these people dey think.

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Price: MAN Warns Of Hyper Inflation, Subsidy Hits ₦400, Diesel, ₦625 by Nobody: 7:03am On Mar 09, 2022
Tonytonex:
They use the extra money they made from increase in crude oil to pay for the subsidy. Abi dey wan pocket that one?

That's how they have been doing it....and that is why it has to go, so that the little extra would boost our economy.

Nigerian government and people unfortunately love subsides.
Re: Crude Oil Price: MAN Warns Of Hyper Inflation, Subsidy Hits ₦400, Diesel, ₦625 by dewordman: 7:05am On Mar 09, 2022
Somebody has to pay the difference in price from what it is today to what it should be. I am one of the people that believes that subsidy should remain, if government removes subsidy and there is increase in price with hyper inflation,how would people survive. I put it to you refinery at home will only remove the freight cost which is very little and no much difference will be felt.Government should pay subsidy that is the only thing common man can benefit from all the money the country makes. Only partial removal ,increase prices of items by 100% then what would happen if price moves from 162 to 600. Can government and private employers increase salaries by 400% absolutely no, why increase expenses by above 400% in the name that government needs money, let them make judicious use of the ones available.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crude Oil Price: MAN Warns Of Hyper Inflation, Subsidy Hits ₦400, Diesel, ₦625 by Babaheekmat: 7:07am On Mar 09, 2022
Ishilove:

A total, disheartening shame. Disgraceful
Our leaders know absolutely nothing about politics or global politics.. talkless of self sustaining nation..

Ha .. O ga o
Re: Crude Oil Price: MAN Warns Of Hyper Inflation, Subsidy Hits ₦400, Diesel, ₦625 by Nobody: 7:08am On Mar 09, 2022
Hi Backbencher! I'd like you to give me a WhatsApp message on my number in my bio.
I have thing to discuss with you.
Thanks for your convenience.
backbencher:

That's how they have been doing it....and that is why it has to go, so that the little extra would boost our economy.

Re: Crude Oil Price: MAN Warns Of Hyper Inflation, Subsidy Hits ₦400, Diesel, ₦625 by jeyem(m): 7:08am On Mar 09, 2022
I believed in subsidy removal but the fact is that after removing the subsidy! You can’t keep paying 18k or 32k as minimum wages, how will the common man survive on the street! Minimum wages has to be increased to like 100k but I bet you, no state can pay that! State can’t even pay 32k!
In conclusion, we have a very big problem that I personally think can’t be solve in my dear COUNTRY! NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Price: MAN Warns Of Hyper Inflation, Subsidy Hits ₦400, Diesel, ₦625 by Nobody: 7:10am On Mar 09, 2022
SIBF:
Hi Backbencher! I'd like you to give me a WhatsApp message on my number in my bio.
I have thing to discuss with you.
Thanks for your convenience.

Sorry, regretfully , due to my policy of being private on this forum, I will be unable to do so.
Re: Crude Oil Price: MAN Warns Of Hyper Inflation, Subsidy Hits ₦400, Diesel, ₦625 by Tonytonex(m): 7:11am On Mar 09, 2022
Crude oil price goes down, they cry and complain. Crude oil price goes up, they will still cry and complain. I don't understand this brainless APC government.

2 Likes

Re: Crude Oil Price: MAN Warns Of Hyper Inflation, Subsidy Hits ₦400, Diesel, ₦625 by AleAirHub(m): 7:12am On Mar 09, 2022
100 or 10 litres for 8hrs

Moferere:
Last week I bought diesel for ₦460 /litre, on Sunday, I bought it for ₦500/litre.. Only to get there yesterday and they told me it's ₦627/litre.

Mind you, 100 litres will only last for 8 hours.
That's how they are killing me softly in Nigeria
Re: Crude Oil Price: MAN Warns Of Hyper Inflation, Subsidy Hits ₦400, Diesel, ₦625 by sleek214(m): 7:13am On Mar 09, 2022
Hossannah:
how do they want businesses to survive in this country
. Shebi una want govt to remove subsidy. You guys will buy a liter of fuel for N800 once subsidy is removed. Barrel of crude oil is climbing, so with its byproducts
Re: Crude Oil Price: MAN Warns Of Hyper Inflation, Subsidy Hits ₦400, Diesel, ₦625 by duality(m): 7:14am On Mar 09, 2022
Those who was war will see how it goes.
Re: Crude Oil Price: MAN Warns Of Hyper Inflation, Subsidy Hits ₦400, Diesel, ₦625 by deavicky(m): 7:14am On Mar 09, 2022
Foolish government who band the importation of Rice that we don't have enough and also they don't pay any subsidy on it, but still import fuel with heavy subsidy.
See how senseless they are.
Re: Crude Oil Price: MAN Warns Of Hyper Inflation, Subsidy Hits ₦400, Diesel, ₦625 by Nobody: 7:15am On Mar 09, 2022
sleek214:
. Shebi una want govt to remove subsidy. You guys will buy a liter of fuel for N800 once subsidy is removed. Barrel of crude oil is climbing, so with its byproducts

But then, we see more and more forex to save, and then more people would be incentivized to refine at home....

And then prices will come down due to value of naira improving....since no more forex to feed subsidy.
Re: Crude Oil Price: MAN Warns Of Hyper Inflation, Subsidy Hits ₦400, Diesel, ₦625 by NGArmyTerrorist: 7:16am On Mar 09, 2022
A citizens of suffering and smiling! Continue! Don't protest! Don't air your views! Get frowning and grumbling! Welcome to the Zoo! I had never heard such in Russia, Libya, Saudis, Venezuela before!
Re: Crude Oil Price: MAN Warns Of Hyper Inflation, Subsidy Hits ₦400, Diesel, ₦625 by Nobody: 7:17am On Mar 09, 2022
dewordman:
Somebody has to pay the difference in price from what it is today to what it should be. I am one of the people that believes that subsidy should remain, if government removes subsidy and there is increase in price with hyper inflation,how would people survive. I put it to you refinery at home will only remove the freight cost which is very little and no much difference will be felt.Government should pay subsidy that is the only thing common man can benefit from all the money the country makes. Only partial removal ,increase prices of items by 100% then what would happen if price moves from 162 to 600. Can government and private employers increase salaries by 400% absolutely no, why increase expenses by above 400% in the name that government needs money, let them make judicious use of the ones available.

At the end, we would keep on having budget deficits in the name of subsidy, since the same rising costs means that subsidy would keep rising and eating into our budget for many other things...including education and healthcare.Meaning more debt. Which is not helping people.

Plus, government subsidises education and health....otherwise you would be paying millions of naira for appendix removal at government hospital, and fees of N500000 and more in government universites.
Re: Crude Oil Price: MAN Warns Of Hyper Inflation, Subsidy Hits ₦400, Diesel, ₦625 by Tonytonex(m): 7:18am On Mar 09, 2022
backbencher:

and if that is what they have been doing then why are they crying foul that they will increase the prices of the product?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Edo PDP Primary Election Result Sheet / Sanusi Is Now Dan Majen Kano (Traditional Title) / Petrol: NANS Protest Peacefully In Owerri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.