Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,666 members, 7,809,515 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:47 AM

Ukraine: US Says Poland Offer Of Mig-29 Fighter Jets "Not Tenable". - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ukraine: US Says Poland Offer Of Mig-29 Fighter Jets "Not Tenable". (20700 Views)

Russian Ambassador Says Poland Blocked His Embassy's Bank Accounts / Ukrainian Pilots Arrive In Poland To Pick Up Donated Fighter Jets / Russian Fighter Jets ‘scrambled To Intercept US Spy Plane Over Black Sea(pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ukraine: US Says Poland Offer Of Mig-29 Fighter Jets "Not Tenable". by MT: 9:53am On Mar 09, 2022
kaymart:

What if they purposely didn't want to go all out on Ukraine to device the west....

Why would they want to do that with the number of casualties they are suffering along with their military assets. These are difficult to replace and weaken their military
Re: Ukraine: US Says Poland Offer Of Mig-29 Fighter Jets "Not Tenable". by Svlla: 9:54am On Mar 09, 2022
Nato has 6000+
Russia has 6000+

But Russia has more(6257 against 6065) that's what he's telling you all
@ bolded, listen to yourself, did you really believe that.

So Russia will fold its arm while Nato ready it Nuclear forces and then still fold its arms while Nato deployed them....like Putin said before this Ukrainian crisis "you'll not even have the chance to blink, talk more of article 5".
It's mutually assured destruction for a reason so wake up to reality and stop fantasizing.

BTW....if Nato has the nukes to mess up Russia, then Russia has the nukes to mess up NATO 3× over

Also, nukes are carried by the best bombers, subs and are deployed in secret or heavily guarded silos and both nations has the best bombers, subs and secret or heavily guarded silos within their countries not forgetting to mention missile defence (US: Patriots, THAAD. RUSSIA: S-300,S-400,S-500)

So yes over 85% of nukes deployed during nuclear war will hit its targets

Next time do a small research on Google, na small data e go take

classicfrank4u:

Not true..
NATO has about 6000+ nukes.. Russia has about 6000+ nukes too
So basically they have about the same number of nukes, and mind you they don't even need that amount to wipe out Russia.. Russia won't even survive a war with America alone not to talk of the whole NATO
Re: Ukraine: US Says Poland Offer Of Mig-29 Fighter Jets "Not Tenable". by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 9:55am On Mar 09, 2022
IgOga:

Every war simulation done since 2014 shows that in a war with Russia 1 billion people will die in the first week and the US will loose more than it will gain.

Tell them abeg
Re: Ukraine: US Says Poland Offer Of Mig-29 Fighter Jets "Not Tenable". by babyfaceafrica: 10:06am On Mar 09, 2022
Many naive sentiments on this thread. If NATO and US misbehave, all of us will hear it. Make everybody mind their business. Everybody get nukes. Russia, China, and NATO. No country will be spared if anyone uses it. Una think say Putin dey play. Una go collect!!!... If you don't have anything going for you in life, that's your problem, many of us have futures, this war must stop!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ukraine: US Says Poland Offer Of Mig-29 Fighter Jets "Not Tenable". by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:08am On Mar 09, 2022
MT:

Russia military has been exposed as weak. They even resorted to the use of banned weapon in war, in frustration, which is being investigated as a war crime now.
Go check how many times the US used banned weapons like phosphorus in Iraq and Aghan. Find out then get back let's talk
Re: Ukraine: US Says Poland Offer Of Mig-29 Fighter Jets "Not Tenable". by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:13am On Mar 09, 2022
MT:

Yes it's very average compared to the US.The whole of California alone has bigger economy than the whole of Russia. The whole of Texas has a bigger economy than the entire Canada. US is a beast and a genuine world power. They have the military asset, world powers as allies and financial war chest to prosecute any war and build frightening weaponry. US is stifling Russia with economic warfare because they have a lot of economic leverage on them. What has Russia got on the US, tell me? Even their oil has been banned. US, a nation built for war.....be Careful what you wish for.
My post isn't a comparison about which is bigger between the US and Russia. My post is about the reason for the seemingly slow pace of Russian military advancement in ukraine. Russia has the military capability of carrying out carpet bombing of Ukraine. But it's holding back due to a host of reason.
Then again, you say Russia is average just because US has a much more bigger economy? Hummmmmm
Re: Ukraine: US Says Poland Offer Of Mig-29 Fighter Jets "Not Tenable". by Samoluv(m): 10:15am On Mar 09, 2022
Haaa see you o. Only Russia nuclear weapon pass the whole NATO own. No country has more than Russia.
anambraamaka:
Why NATO dey fear Russia like this?
Re: Ukraine: US Says Poland Offer Of Mig-29 Fighter Jets "Not Tenable". by Winters23: 10:16am On Mar 09, 2022
tragergeorge:
e pain d guy.... hahaha
Make war face your house first ok...ozuor

You're already at war with poverty
Re: Ukraine: US Says Poland Offer Of Mig-29 Fighter Jets "Not Tenable". by MT: 10:18am On Mar 09, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
My post isn't a comparison about which is bigger between the US and Russia. My post is about the reason for the seemingly slow pace of Russian military advancement in ukraine. Russia has the military capability of carrying out carpet bombing of Ukraine. But it's holding back due to a host of reason.

Russia is not holding back. Russia is using vacuum bomb and thermobaric in Ukraine. They are throwing everything at it, yet Ukraine is holding. It is becoming an international disgrace. Their military are being killed and maimed, including their hardware that are being destroyed at will.

War is not about how modern your weaponry are sometimes. The Ukrainians know their lands very well and they are using that against the Russians who are sitting ducks. Then with the weapons being supplied by the west, Russians planes and tanks are being destroyed easily. Imagine if Ukraine has control of its airspace, Russian military will die twice this rate.
Re: Ukraine: US Says Poland Offer Of Mig-29 Fighter Jets "Not Tenable". by Padipadi(m): 10:20am On Mar 09, 2022
Blake755:
Poland should be careful
and so what? They ll be oebeled too? Russia n her allies can bomb the whole world. They ll still be the loser
Re: Ukraine: US Says Poland Offer Of Mig-29 Fighter Jets "Not Tenable". by MT: 10:23am On Mar 09, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
Then again, you say Russia is average just because US has a much more bigger economy? Hummmmmm

Yes US economy completely dwarfs Russia economy. US military budget is way above Russia and China military budget combined. US has money to build devastating weapons. There are two things you should be looking at - known and unknown. You only talk about the "known" of the US military assets, what about the unknown.

Before you tell me that China and Russia too have unknowns, they don't have the money to build capabilities that will dwarf that of the US. Go and check out their military budget as indicated below. I repeat, US is a beast!

Source: https://www.investopedia.com/articles/personal-finance/043015/us-vs-china-military-budget.asp
Re: Ukraine: US Says Poland Offer Of Mig-29 Fighter Jets "Not Tenable". by nograv: 10:25am On Mar 09, 2022
puremaker7:
yhe! na armageddon be that o..abeg make them settle o.

Exactly Bros, this is why I want this zelensky to see sense..

You fought well, but give up abeg.. The stakes are too high..

Stop this nonsense..
Re: Ukraine: US Says Poland Offer Of Mig-29 Fighter Jets "Not Tenable". by nograv: 10:27am On Mar 09, 2022
Grandmeister:

In summary a nuclear war will make world war 2 look like a common riot.

Yup.. I don't want world war 3.. I heard an Oyinbo man say who wants to survive this war if it happened..

I am not sure I disagree with that sentiment..
Re: Ukraine: US Says Poland Offer Of Mig-29 Fighter Jets "Not Tenable". by nograv: 10:28am On Mar 09, 2022
SEGLIZ:
I hope they understand this whole grammar of yours, if only they do those drumming for this war to persist won't do.

I hope so too bros.. This World War 3 will be a different thing o.. Even naija would not be safe..
Re: Ukraine: US Says Poland Offer Of Mig-29 Fighter Jets "Not Tenable". by Awesometouch1: 10:37am On Mar 09, 2022
I agree with US.
Re: Ukraine: US Says Poland Offer Of Mig-29 Fighter Jets "Not Tenable". by classicfrank4u(m): 10:38am On Mar 09, 2022
Svlla:
Nato has 6000+
Russia has 6000+

But Russia has more(6257 against 6065) that's what he's telling you all
@ bolded, listen to yourself, did you really believe that.

So Russia will fold its arm while Nato ready it Nuclear forces and then still fold its arms while Nato deployed them....like Putin said before this Ukrainian crisis "you'll not even have the chance to blink, talk more of article 5".
It's mutually assured destruction for a reason so wake up to reality and stop fantasizing.

BTW....if Nato has the nukes to mess up Russia, then Russia has the nukes to mess up NATO 3× over

Also, nukes are carried by the best bombers, subs and are deployed in secret or heavily guarded silos and both nations has the best bombers, subs and secret or heavily guarded silos within their countries not forgetting to mention missile defence (US: Patriots, THAAD. RUSSIA: S-300,S-400,S-500)

So yes over 85% of nukes deployed during nuclear war will hit its targets

Next time do a small research on Google, na small data e go take

Of course! In a nuclear war between NATO and Russia there will be "MAD" but Russia Will be wiped out at the end of the day while most NATO countries will still be there even Putin knows this himself, we shouldn't even be having this argument,one country cannot win against 28

The only reason NATO will not go into any war with Russia is because they value the lives of their citizens, unlike Putin who is ready to sacrifice the whole Russia for some stupid unnecessary reason
Re: Ukraine: US Says Poland Offer Of Mig-29 Fighter Jets "Not Tenable". by kaymart: 10:38am On Mar 09, 2022
MT:

Why would they want to do that with the number of casualties they are suffering along with their military assets. These are difficult to replace and weaken their military
Weaken their military to what extent?
Most of the Russian military personnel are youngsters in their early 20's. They lack real military combat experience. The real personnel weren't deployed.
Besides, they toiled long with Ukrainians, not wanting to hurt civilians hence giving the ukranian soldiers the respite to hide among civilians thus adopting the guerilla tactics.
Re: Ukraine: US Says Poland Offer Of Mig-29 Fighter Jets "Not Tenable". by elijahkayode(m): 10:41am On Mar 09, 2022
crystalpapers:

Yeah people don't know how dangerous and ruthless the russians are. Putin can't be killed without dust been raised is like saying Biden would be killed without dust been raised. This war could have been avoided. I think there is more to this war than majority of us are seeing, reading and hearing. Because to me this whole was clearly planned as a way maybe
1. To curtail Russia and Putin
2. To test the so called might of Russia
And so on. The best we can could is to hope the war ends, no one wants another European war.

Total power have made USA the new villain
Facebook & Twitter censor opposition views, elections are rigged, mandate against freedom everywhere
Now if USA fight, half of the world must fight along
America is corrupt

2 Likes

Re: Ukraine: US Says Poland Offer Of Mig-29 Fighter Jets "Not Tenable". by elijahkayode(m): 10:44am On Mar 09, 2022
nograv:

Exactly Bros, this is why I want this zelensky to see sense..

You fought well, but give up abeg.. The stakes are too high..

Stop this nonsense..

Stupid zelenskyy
Pun of the west
Blind to see the destruction you caused Ukraine which existed 100 of years peacefully with beside Russia
Zelenskyy will surely face wrath
Re: Ukraine: US Says Poland Offer Of Mig-29 Fighter Jets "Not Tenable". by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 10:45am On Mar 09, 2022
nograv:

Nuclear weapons are for deterrence only. You can never really use them.

If you do it is literally the end of the world. This was defined by the doctrine M.A.D. mutually assured destruction.

If Nuclear weapons are fired by either power it would be the end of the world as we know it. Firstly all major cities across Europe, America and Russia would be destroyed..

For the survivors the worst would not be over. Some would die from third degree burns caused by the Nuclear blasts. All electronics and machinery including cars/tractors would stop working due to EMPs electro magnetic pulses generated by the Nuclear bombs..

Then there would be fallout, radioactive dust swept into the air by the bombs. If you inhale this dust or breathe it in soon after the blast, you will first start vomiting then die a painful death within days.

Assuming you survive the fallout which will only become safe after the radioactive isotopes have decayed after a few days (scientists reckon at list two weeks). You will need to stay inside for all of that time. Then you and the many other survivors will need to find food.

Nuclear winter caused by all of the dust swept into the atmosphere will begin. Plunging the earth into a mini ice age. Crops will fail and existing supplies of food will begin to run out.. millions will starve.

That is the best case scenario from a full on Nuclear war. This is why the west is taking it easy with Russia.

Damn. You got so much knowledge on this.
Re: Ukraine: US Says Poland Offer Of Mig-29 Fighter Jets "Not Tenable". by classicfrank4u(m): 10:48am On Mar 09, 2022
Walkee:
search am by yourself naa. Russia mostly focus almost all their attention on rockets, missiles and jets. They don't really care that much about tanks. Russia have thermobaric bomb that will suck all the oxygen out of the air and cause your lung, heart and liver to explode on their own even if you are hiding under rock. That was what they used to decimate the rebels USA funded in Syria. That's also why Ukraine don't want to let civilians to escape because once civilians flee Russia will start using those weapons

Unnecessary hype, there is nothing the Russians have as weapons that U.S doesn't have x2, the fact is they don't come out every now and then to brag about what weapons they have in their arsenal like Russia and china..

A country that spends over 600b$ every year on their military vs Russia that spends just 60b$..
U.S and Russia are not on the same level, you all should stop deceiving yourself
Re: Ukraine: US Says Poland Offer Of Mig-29 Fighter Jets "Not Tenable". by Great0ne1: 10:53am On Mar 09, 2022
classicfrank4u:

Not true..
NATO has about 6000+ nukes.. Russia has about 6000+ nukes too
So basically they have about the same number of nukes[b], and mind you they don't even need that amount to wipe out Russia.. Russia won't even survive a war with America alone not to talk of the whole NATO[/b]
So why is Russia not yet defeated ?
Re: Ukraine: US Says Poland Offer Of Mig-29 Fighter Jets "Not Tenable". by nograv: 11:00am On Mar 09, 2022
MyVILLAGEpeople:

Damn. You got so much knowledge on this.

Thanks, I learned a lot about the Cold War as a child as my uncle worked in the then USSR just before it collapsed.

I watched two nuclear war films when young

"The day after" that scared Reegan and Gorbachev into reducing their nuclear weapons arsenals

And another British film called "Threads", both are free to watch online.

Watch them and they will give you sleepless nights.. shocked

After that when you hear anyone say X country should use nukes, you will respond "U dey craze"
Re: Ukraine: US Says Poland Offer Of Mig-29 Fighter Jets "Not Tenable". by Dasilva12: 11:00am On Mar 09, 2022
fasmukol:
Even the almighty US dey fear Putin wahala.
I just pity the Ukrainians because they are the sacrificial lamb here.
THEY NO FEAR PUTIN AT ALL, THEY JUST TRY TO MAKE PEACE SO THAT THE WAR WON'T SPREAD MORE.
COZ ANY SUPPLY OF JET TO UKRAINE WILL MAKE RUSSIA ANGRY AND ATTACK NATO ALLIES.
Re: Ukraine: US Says Poland Offer Of Mig-29 Fighter Jets "Not Tenable". by MT: 11:07am On Mar 09, 2022
kaymart:

Weaken their military to what extent?
Most of the Russian military personnel are youngsters in their early 20's. They lack real military combat experience. The real personnel weren't deployed.
Besides, they toiled long with Ukrainians, not wanting to hurt civilians hence giving the ukranian soldiers the respite to hide among civilians thus adopting the guerilla tactics.

I will be happy for you to point me at creditable source stating that the Russian pushed their inexperienced infantry to the warfront while keeping the experienced ones? Dont let us discuss base on conjectures.

And about civillians, do you know how many civillians that had been targeted and killed which were captured on video?
Re: Ukraine: US Says Poland Offer Of Mig-29 Fighter Jets "Not Tenable". by classicfrank4u(m): 11:08am On Mar 09, 2022
Great0ne1:

So why is Russia not yet defeated ?
Because Ukraine is not a member of NATO..
Why didn't Russia invade Lithuania, Estonia, Romanian? They're all very close to Russia and also a former member of Soviet union just like Ukraine.
and are a member of NATO that's why Putin won't attempt to try shit with them
And mind you when it comes to nuclear war there is nothing like a winner,all parties involved will lose hence why NATO will not go into war with Russia because of Ukraine who is not a member...
Re: Ukraine: US Says Poland Offer Of Mig-29 Fighter Jets "Not Tenable". by atiku07(m): 11:16am On Mar 09, 2022
Haryour12:
The war is getting really interesting by d day but its affecting Nigeria badly... They should pls find a way to make up and accept each other differences

Hike in fuel price would kill lotta families in Nigeria, war isn't good for anyone

It is out stupidity that will kill us not the hike why can't we refine ourselves atleast we own the crude
Re: Ukraine: US Says Poland Offer Of Mig-29 Fighter Jets "Not Tenable". by Great0ne1: 11:21am On Mar 09, 2022
Voldoz:

Only fools will think Russia max at 6000.

Us maxed at 5000.

Us knows Russia has more but trust me deep down under the sun both of these countries have more than that and for fact the Tsar and Satan nukes might not be the deadliest in Russia arsenal and the US have untold stories and unseen stories too. You think they invested so much in space for nothing ?? Think again even NASA trip to the moon too is not for sight seeing.
Possible. But trust me, a world completely dominated by a country like united States of America, is not good for humanity. We need other blocks that can stand against evil Us and UK. This is the genesis of there conflict with Russia. Russia and china are no Saints. But they offer alternative to other countries, when Washington turns there back, for whatever reason(if the narrative doesn't favour them). For example, if libya had some kind of millitary alliance with Russia, the country might not have been left in ruins. In 1962 America planned to invade Cuba. Cuba requested for nuclear missiles from there ally ussr, and it actually served as deterrent from America invasion. This is why they want to eliminate Russia and china. You won't have option. You will be at there mercy, just like Libya.
The Us lead nato has turned there back on Ukraine.UK and US have turned there back on Ukraine refugees . This should tell you all need to know about this people.
Instead of all this sanctions and the threat of this conflict snowballing into nuclear war, why can't Washington sign an agreement with Moscow that they will never admit Ukraine into nato ? Why ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ukraine: US Says Poland Offer Of Mig-29 Fighter Jets "Not Tenable". by Walkee: 11:22am On Mar 09, 2022
classicfrank4u:

Unnecessary hype, there is nothing the Russians have as weapons that U.S doesn't have x2, the fact is they don't come out every now and then to brag about what weapons they have in their arsenal like Russia and china..

A country that spends over 600b$ every year on their military vs Russia that spends just 60b$..
U.S and Russia are not on the same level, you all should stop deceiving yourself
that's a lie. Russia have more nukes than USA. Russia have better supersonic missiles than USA. USA spending 600bn on their defence doesn't make it any superior. They send a very large percentage of that budget to Israel, they also spend a lot of the money defending NATO countries which was what Trump was complaining about. Russia have the natural resources they need so don't spend money importing raw materials for their products which makes it cost efficient for them.
All the armed conflicts that have involved Russia and Usa since after second World War, Russia have won all. Vietnam, Afganistan, Syria and Ukraine 2014. USA know Russia that's why they are doing all they can to avoid direct conflict with them. In fact when Russian fighter jets entered Syria, USA backed down

1 Like

Re: Ukraine: US Says Poland Offer Of Mig-29 Fighter Jets "Not Tenable". by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 11:22am On Mar 09, 2022
nograv:

Thanks, I learned a lot about the Cold War as a child as my uncle worked in the then USSR just before it collapsed.

I watched two nuclear war films when young

"The day after" that scared Reegan and Gorbachev into reducing their nuclear weapons arsenals

And another British film called "Threads", both are free to watch online.

Watch them and they will give you sleepless nights.. shocked

After that when you hear anyone say X country should use nukes, you will respond "U dey craze"

Ok thanks. I will watch them
And you wanna give me any links to study too?
I like making friends with folks like you honestly.
Re: Ukraine: US Says Poland Offer Of Mig-29 Fighter Jets "Not Tenable". by Great0ne1: 11:31am On Mar 09, 2022
classicfrank4u:

Because Ukraine is not a member of NATO..
Why didn't Russia invade Lithuania, Estonia, Romanian? They're all very close to Russia and also a former member of Soviet union just like Ukraine.
and are a member of NATO that's why Putin won't attempt to try shit with them
And mind you when it comes to nuclear war there is nothing like a winner,all parties involved will lose hence why NATO will not go into war with Russia because of Ukraine who is not a member...
Instead of all this sanctions, which doesn't seem to detter Russia, they should just accept Ukraine into nato and stop this killing once and for all. I actually hate the idea of killing people and young children loosing there dad's, but on the other hand, i just don't want America and UK to have there way. They have dragged the innocent Ukrainian citizens into a needless war, with the help of there puppet president, and they will not send millitary help or accept there citizens as refugee in there country. We can all see how much they love Ukrainians
Re: Ukraine: US Says Poland Offer Of Mig-29 Fighter Jets "Not Tenable". by michoim(m): 11:32am On Mar 09, 2022
What a shame on Biden's administration. The US under Biden's has become the SUPER COWARD of the world...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Falling Boulders Kill 9 Tourists In India Landslide (Pic, Video) / War Unnecessary, But We’re Ready To Defend Ourselves, Niger Junta Tells ECOWAS / Magnitude 5.6 Earthquake Hits West Java Province, Indonesia. 56 Dead, 700 Injure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.