Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,196 members, 7,835,968 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later (37960 Views)

The Yam Porridge I Made With Just 2400. Very Delicious. Photos / Be Honest, Can You Eat This Yam With 5 Toes? (Photo) / Nigerian Yam Porridge Without Palm Oil: How Make Yam Porridge In Tomato Sauce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by Mariangeles(f): 2:05pm On Mar 10, 2022
Mexyz:

About N200 or so. 3 cloves of ginger
Currently not at home, so i can't share any picture now
The taste is so harsh, the taste is nasty.
I don't remember adding anything unusual from what i have been adding to my stew before aside that ginger.

I no even know who send me o

Just try and finish it ehn? cheesy
Just take it as a herbal stew, and an immune booster. (Ginger is good for blood circulation too)

1 Like

Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by Tallesty1(m): 2:11pm On Mar 10, 2022
pocohantas:

Lol. I remember when I was younger. I would cook stew and it would be tasteless. After I done bring am down, I would na add 2 more cubes. Hey God! E go still dey tasteless. I will put it back on fire and add small salt, still tasteless. I go just give up. How time flies… cheesy
Slay queen
Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by Tallesty1(m): 2:15pm On Mar 10, 2022
Lordofalmajiri:

Hehehehe, I pity the husband's intestine Sha... If my wife use 3cubes of maggi and half cup of cray fish for porridge of few pieces of yam. wetin she go con use cook big soup?
shocked
Dude, my next door neighbor(a guy) once asked me for four cubes of maggi, said he already has five.

I was like, guy wetin you wan cook with 9 cubes of maggi?

He said a pack of spaghetti.

I had dysentery by just hearing it grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by pocohantas(f): 2:19pm On Mar 10, 2022
Tallesty1:
Dude, my next door neighbor(a guy) once asked me for four cubes of maggi, said he already has five.

I was like, guy wetin you wan cook with 9 cubes of maggi?

He said a pack of spaghetti.

I had dysentery by just hearing it grin

Hahahahahaha. He asked for 4 and he already had 5? Reminds me of a colleague that said his gf cooked with 8cubes of knorr. He fainted when he saw the wraps inside the bin.

Tallesty1:
Slay queen

I was just young then cheesy. I didn’t know all I had to do was boil/fry more to eradicate that sour taste.

Mariangeles:

Throway wetin!? cheesy
He must finish it! I detest wastage. undecided

Stew wey person put N200 ginger? Omo!
I don’t even buy that much at a time. Lol

1 Like

Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by lilvicky68(m): 2:19pm On Mar 10, 2022
3 cubes of Maggi and how many spoons of salt pls?? grin
Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by southsouthking(m): 2:22pm On Mar 10, 2022
This is what yam pottage looks like.

6 Likes

Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by lilvicky68(m): 2:22pm On Mar 10, 2022
Mexyz:
Right thread for me to ask my question.

So i prepared stew yesterday, i have seen my mom grind ginger with her tomatoes before preparing her stew when i was still with her, so i decided to try it yesterday but it seems i added too much of it o because i don't even understand the taste of what i cooked.

In a nutshell, i don go overdo am cry

Any remedy to salvage the stew? Can't imagine me throwing the stew away o, not with the amount i 'invested' in it and in this period where everything is so expensive and sapa dealing with people.
Just add 3 cubes of Maggi and 1/2 cup of crayfish..
Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by Lordofalmajiri(f): 2:33pm On Mar 10, 2022
pocohantas:

Lol. I remember when I was younger. I would cook stew and it would be tasteless. After I done bring am down, I would na add 2 more cubes. Hey God! E go still dey tasteless. I will put it back on fire and add small salt, still tasteless. I go just give up. How time flies… cheesy
lol, I can relate... I started cooking at 11years, I was damn good at it. Na magic I dey do for kitchen when I was younger..... Cooking scares me now , but I dey try small as a guy grin
Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by Mexyz(m): 2:35pm On Mar 10, 2022
pocohantas:

N200 ginger (- 3 cloves) inside a pot of stew? Goodness gracious. You should have watched how much your mum puts too na. Anyway, the solution is to add more tomatoes and tatashe. But I would advise you pick out the meat and throw the stew away. I am sure it is one terrible stew. grin

I bought N100 ginger 3 weeks ago and it is still remaining. I divide one big one for my pot of stew.
So my pot of stew gone like that?

I should have just gone with what i know o

Thanks Poco
Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by Tallesty1(m): 2:36pm On Mar 10, 2022
pocohantas:

Hahahahahaha. He asked for 4 and he already had 5? Reminds me of a colleague that said his gf cooked with 8cubes of knorr. He fainted when he saw the wraps inside the bin.
As in eeh. I envy people that their stomach
accepts everything they eat. Person like me go just die.

pocohantas:

I was just young then cheesy. I didn’t know all I had to do was boil/fry more to eradicate that sour taste.
Slay queen lite.

tongue
Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by BluntCrazeMan: 2:41pm On Mar 10, 2022
SLOVFO:
No dry fish and other small small animals?
I was actually expecting dried fish or smoked fish..
Na’im I come see half cup of crayfish and 3 kubes of maggi..
For 6 slices of yam??
Not even 1 tuber

1 Like

Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by PrimadonnaO(f): 2:44pm On Mar 10, 2022
I don't put tomatoes at all in mine.

Lots of onions and pepper... then a bit of scent leaves (efirin), then smoked or dried catfish.

2 Likes

Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by BluntCrazeMan: 2:44pm On Mar 10, 2022
koondog:
I can tell you are a Igbo or easterner by how beautiful it looks and served in white plate as well. When I lived in the SW and go my Yoruba friends house, they will serve food in colored plates, like green, yellow, black, even blue. It shocked me because these things are alien or strange to Igbos and easterners. In fact if you serve food to Igbo people in colored plates, they will not eat it. Something for yorubas to learn. I know you people are bit careless or indifferent with things like that but Igbos take it very very seriously and can cause serious quarrel!
That they prefer white doesn't mean that they can't eat food served with coloured plates.
Stop this nonsense superstition..
And you're telling other people to learn it?
For what?
So that what will happen?
Misplaced priorities everywhere.!!

1 Like

Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by BluntCrazeMan: 2:46pm On Mar 10, 2022
southsouthking:
This is what yam pottage looks like.
My brother,, where you dae??
Na your own I wan eat..
The OP cooked potti..
Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by Sarsaproko: 2:46pm On Mar 10, 2022
This is more like yam inside maggi soup..Definitely not yam porridge.
Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by ubee(m): 2:46pm On Mar 10, 2022
Correction.
Its *Pottage not Porridge.
Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by oza20(m): 2:48pm On Mar 10, 2022
Mexyz:
Right thread for me to ask my question.

So i prepared stew yesterday, i have seen my mom grind ginger with her tomatoes before preparing her stew when i was still with her, so i decided to try it yesterday but it seems i added too much of it o because i don't even understand the taste of what i cooked.

In a nutshell, i don go overdo am cry

Any remedy to salvage the stew? Can't imagine me throwing the stew away o, not with the amount i 'invested' in it and in this period where everything is so expensive and sapa dealing with people.

Sure!
All you need to do is "Titration". Like in Chemistry, balance the equation. Try to get about 50% of Fresh Tomatoes, Paper, Vegetable oil (Type used initially), fry separately with onion until well cooked and add some Tomatoes paste. Lastly add everything together with the first Stew. You will be sure, the taste will change for better.

1 Like

Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by Athemisia: 2:49pm On Mar 10, 2022
Lordofalmajiri:
cool cool 3 cubes of maggi?? Na wa o
Madam you no Sabi cook!! undecided
No be lie comrade...

1 Like

Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by abeliver: 2:50pm On Mar 10, 2022
e dey delicious no mean say e dey nutritious....
u fit prove am? stop feeding the people fake news
Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by Munzy14(m): 2:50pm On Mar 10, 2022
Lordofalmajiri:
grin grin grin
Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by zicoraads: 2:58pm On Mar 10, 2022
PrimadonnaO:
I don't put tomatoes at all in mine.

Lots of onions and pepper... then a bit of scent leaves (efirin), then smoked or dried catfish.
I like tomatoes... embarassed sad
Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by Mariangeles(f): 2:58pm On Mar 10, 2022
oza20:

Sure!
All you need to do is "Titration". Like in Chemistry, balance the equation. Try to get about 50% of Fresh Tomatoes, Paper, Vegetable oil (Type used initially), fry separately with onion until well cooked and add some Tomatoes paste. Lastly add everything together with the first Stew. You will be sure, the taste will change for better.

You got it.

He doesn’t even need more peppers. Just fresh tomatoes and onions.
Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by Glowqueen3(f): 3:02pm On Mar 10, 2022
]Right thread for me to ask my question.

In a nutshell, i don go overdo am .

Any remedy to salvage the stew? Can't imagine me throwing the stew away o, not with the amount i 'invested' in it and in this period where everything is so expensive and sapa dealing with people.[/quote]

Get tomato paste like gino or peppertera and pour it into the soup,it will curb the taste of the ginger.
Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by pocohantas(f): 3:13pm On Mar 10, 2022
Glowqueen3:
]

Get tomato paste like gino or peppertera and pour it into the soup,it will curb the taste of the ginger.

Hmmmmm cheesy
That would be worst o.

zicoraads:

I like tomatoes... embarassed sad

Stop cooking porti.
Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by Thazard(m): 3:14pm On Mar 10, 2022
SLOVFO:
No dry fish and other small small animals?

grin
Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by ReneeNuttall(f): 3:20pm On Mar 10, 2022
Lordofalmajiri:

3 cubes of Maggi + tomatoes + ugwu= steady toilet visitation.

1 Like

Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by Kellie069(m): 3:27pm On Mar 10, 2022
Half cup of crayfish and 3 cubes?? For how many tubers of yam?
Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by pocohantas(f): 3:31pm On Mar 10, 2022
Mercychen:
Nothing beats the Togolese woman asaro in my primary school days.

So thick with few lumps and very yellowish in color.

You tried Sha.
Don't mind those trying to calculate the Maggie and crayfish you used. It a matter of preference. Do you anytime.

You like mashed asaro? Lord knows I hate it so much. I am surprised you like it because it is not how we Igbos cook pottage yam.
Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by tallceejay(m): 3:37pm On Mar 10, 2022
Well done. I'd rather scent leaf , less Maggi. This photo looks oily. Can't even see d porridge

Favour315:
Hello people, I understand some of us don't get to eat yam more often probably because the recipe they know is no longer appetizing or they have lost interest entirely. But wait, don't give up on our dear yam yet cos I bring to you a recipe that will give you not only a delicious meal but also a highly nutritious one. So come with me let me show you how to prepare and enjoy yam porridge!

INGREDIENTS
- 6 slices of medium sized yam
- 8 medium sized tomatoes
- half cup of crayfish
- half cup of palm oil
- ugu leaves
- 3 cooking cubes
- one medium sized onion
- pepper and salt to taste

PROCEDURE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4fbCwEUqak
Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by Godispeace: 3:46pm On Mar 10, 2022
walahi , on that small porridge oooo grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Lordofalmajiri:
Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by Favour315(f): 3:46pm On Mar 10, 2022
Lordofalmajiri:

What is wrong with the 3 cubes of maggi?

Or is it because I wrote 6 slices of yam. Let me clear you. The 6 slices of yam are actually one whole yam tuber. The 6 slices of yam after dicing produced 4*6, 24 diced yams. A full pot that will comfortably serve 6 adults.
If it still doesn't go well with you after this explanation then I don't know what else to say. You should watch the video for clarification
Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by Sheedeensen(m): 3:46pm On Mar 10, 2022
To cook no hard, na you won make am sweet.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yummy Crocodile Meat I Bought / Abia Corper Wraps Her Spoon With A Nylon Before Eating With It / Crocodile Smiles To The Pot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.