Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,384 members, 7,819,393 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later (37893 Views)

The Yam Porridge I Made With Just 2400. Very Delicious. Photos / Be Honest, Can You Eat This Yam With 5 Toes? (Photo) / Nigerian Yam Porridge Without Palm Oil: How Make Yam Porridge In Tomato Sauce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by Favour315(f): 3:47pm On Mar 10, 2022
Elvixbeatz:
grin grin grin ok.. madam nice. One abeg how I go take know say dis thing way u cook now no be potty like d ones I normally cook grin grin grin grin..

Will get back to you mk I go try am if I close from work today.,.

Bt op u for just still add small goat meat na..

Help me add the goat meat
Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by Favour315(f): 3:50pm On Mar 10, 2022
Adakintroy:

Lol after half cup of crayfish.

Excuse me!
I hope you are not thinking that the half cup of crayfish is grided one? No dear, after grinding it will will give you about 2-3 spoons of powdered crayfish
Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by Favour315(f): 3:53pm On Mar 10, 2022
mcdokwe:
Will try out this weekend
You will surely love it

1 Like

Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by southsouthking(m): 3:55pm On Mar 10, 2022
BluntCrazeMan:
My brother,, where you dae??
Na your own I wan eat..
The OP cooked potti..

E enter eyes abi?

Bring your spoon Charley.
Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by Freddy2021(m): 3:56pm On Mar 10, 2022
To spicy
Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by Nobody: 4:02pm On Mar 10, 2022
pocohantas:

You like mashed asaro? Lord knows I hate it so much. I am surprised you like it because it is not our we Igbos cook pottage yam.

I love it!

I prefer the mashed one. That our igbo version dey quick Taya me undecided. Mgbor.
Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by Lordofalmajiri(f): 4:05pm On Mar 10, 2022
Favour315:

What is wrong with the 3 cubes of maggi?

Or is it because I wrote 6 slices of yam. Let me clear you. The 6 slices of yam are actually one whole yam tuber. The 6 slices of yam after dicing produced 4*6, 24 diced yams. A full pot that will comfortably serve 6 adults.
If it still doesn't go well with you after this explanation then I don't know what else to say. You should watch the video for clarification

. Madam I cooked same porridge yesterday, I used 3 medium sized yams..I no put more than 2 cubes, dried pepper (black),salt onion and small crayfish. And it was very tasty. undecided
Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by Kehfie(f): 4:05pm On Mar 10, 2022
Blend more fresh tomatoes, boil/fry and add to the stew. All the best.
Mexyz:
Right thread for me to ask my question.

So i prepared stew yesterday, i have seen my mom grind ginger with her tomatoes before preparing her stew when i was still with her, so i decided to try it yesterday but it seems i added too much of it o because i don't even understand the taste of what i cooked.

In a nutshell, i don go overdo am cry

Any remedy to salvage the stew? Can't imagine me throwing the stew away o, not with the amount i 'invested' in it and in this period where everything is so expensive and sapa dealing with people.
Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by Egoveen: 4:12pm On Mar 10, 2022
For this girl mind now she sabi cook....
I pity anyone that eats that porridge, you go stay 5hours inide toilet.......well wetin concern me.....I dey on my gulder ultimate beer.
Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by ohosi4real(m): 4:20pm On Mar 10, 2022
Okay
Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by PrimadonnaO(f): 4:25pm On Mar 10, 2022
zicoraads:

I like tomatoes... embarassed sad

I do, too. But I've never thought to try it out with pottage.
Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by vinceyinnovation: 4:49pm On Mar 10, 2022
Yeah.... I'll eat and thank you later (when I have come out from the toilet)

Anyways one man food is another my poison
Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by SweetDipBenny(m): 4:57pm On Mar 10, 2022
Looks alright but next time add smoke fish
Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by SweetDipBenny(m): 5:02pm On Mar 10, 2022
I'm not a fan of yam porridge. I prefer white yam and vegetable or egg sauce or stew or even red oil wit plenty fresh pepper and onions
Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by Mariangeles(f): 5:26pm On Mar 10, 2022
Favour315:

What is wrong with the 3 cubes of maggi?

Or is it because I wrote 6 slices of yam. Let me clear you. The 6 slices of yam are actually one whole yam tuber. The 6 slices of yam after dicing produced 4*6, 24 diced yams. A full pot that will comfortably serve 6 adults.
If it still doesn't go well with you after this explanation then I don't know what else to say. You should watch the video for clarification

In spite of the criticisms, don’t stop cooking and making your videos.

Content creating no be beans. E easy for people to criticize.
Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by zicoraads: 5:27pm On Mar 10, 2022
pocohantas:

Hmmmmm cheesy
That would be worst o.

Stop cooking porti.
grin cheesy grin
Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by Adakintroy: 5:32pm On Mar 10, 2022
koondog:
I can tell you are a Igbo or easterner by how beautiful it looks and served in white plate as well. When I lived in the SW and go my Yoruba friends house, they will serve food in colored plates, like green, yellow, black, even blue. It shocked me because these things are alien or strange to Igbos and easterners. In fact if you serve food to Igbo people in colored plates, they will not eat it. Something for yorubas to learn. I know you people are bit careless or indifferent with things like that but Igbos take it very very seriously and can cause serious quarrel!

Perhaps why you lost the war. Pettiness.
Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by Bbbw: 5:51pm On Mar 10, 2022
Yeah
Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by Transcriber: 6:25pm On Mar 10, 2022
koondog:
I can tell you are a Igbo or easterner by how beautiful it looks and served in white plate as well. When I lived in the SW and go my Yoruba friends house, they will serve food in colored plates, like green, yellow, black, even blue. It shocked me because these things are alien or strange to Igbos and easterners. In fact if you serve food to Igbo people in colored plates, they will not eat it. Something for yorubas to learn. I know you people are bit careless or indifferent with things like that but Igbos take it very very seriously and can cause serious quarrel!
some people don't have sense.
You're one of them
Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by SLOVFO(m): 7:04pm On Mar 10, 2022
Himtulie247:
Oyaa ! Take This join am cheesy cheesy cheesy
This is it! Tuale baba grin
Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by ImaIma1(f): 9:30pm On Mar 10, 2022
Yam porridge or yam peppersoup?
Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by kingyakos: 9:55pm On Mar 10, 2022
Tomato for yam porridge, this one na pordge medicine oooo
Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by merits(m): 10:31pm On Mar 10, 2022
Favour315:
Hello people, I understand some of us don't get to eat yam more often probably because the recipe they know is no longer appetizing or they have lost interest entirely. But wait, don't give up on our dear yam yet cos I bring to you a recipe that will give you not only a delicious meal but also a highly nutritious one. So come with me let me show you how to prepare and enjoy yam porridge!

INGREDIENTS
- 6 slices of medium sized yam
- 8 medium sized tomatoes
- half cup of crayfish
- half cup of palm oil
- ugu leaves
- 3 cooking cubes
- one medium sized onion
- pepper and salt to taste

PROCEDURE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4fbCwEUqak

You tried nice food.
Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by koondog: 1:26am On Mar 11, 2022
Transcriber:
some people don't have sense.
You're one of them

You that uses colored plates have sense? You put black amala on black plate? Aturu afonjas
Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by Transcriber: 7:32pm On Mar 11, 2022
koondog:

You that uses colored plates have sense? You put black amala on black plate? Aturu afonjas
lol
It's really pretty and stupid to think like this.
Im sorry for you
Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by Favour315(f): 1:52am On Mar 14, 2022
pocohantas:

Lol. Favour315, next time ehn, the quantity of maggi, pepper, salt and oil you used, is your personal business. I say this because Nigerians are very sensitive to them and it varies amongst individuals and tribe. So keep it to yourself.

Happy cooking. wink

And yea, 3 cubes seems much for 6 slices of yam, but then, to each his own.

Thanks for your contribution, the 6 slices of yam is actually a complete one tuber of yam that produced 24 diced yams that can serve 6 adults so I don't think it's bad. And as for keeping the quantities of ingredients to myself, that's my own recipe, anyone can chose to adjust it to his choice
Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by Favour315(f): 1:56am On Mar 14, 2022
VillageHead:
It really look delicious!

Hope it won't tempt someone into selling his birthright like Esau?
Thanks dear
Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by Favour315(f): 1:59am On Mar 14, 2022
Adakintroy:

Lol after half cup of crayfish.
Well you are entitled to your opinion. Cooking a tuber of yam Porridge with half cup of crayfish (2 spoons of powdered crayfish) is OK for me, especially when I didn't put dry fish.
Meanwhile you can suit yourself if it doesn't go well with you.
Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by Favour315(f): 2:01am On Mar 14, 2022
SLOVFO:
No dry fish and other small small animals?
When some people are complaining of the quantity of crayfish. Meanwhile all these depends on what you want, so you can help me add the crayfish when cooking yours
Re: Try This Yam Porridge Recipe And Thank Me Later by Favour315(f): 2:03am On Mar 14, 2022
koondog:

You are funny sha but I don't believe in single story

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yummy Crocodile Meat I Bought / Abia Corper Wraps Her Spoon With A Nylon Before Eating With It / Top Ten Amala Joints In Lagos!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.