Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,162 members, 7,835,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

NBA Chides Umahi, Describes Response To Court Order As Executive Rascality - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NBA Chides Umahi, Describes Response To Court Order As Executive Rascality (18448 Views)

Femi Adesina Returns To Sun Newspaper As Executive Vice Chairman / Executive Rascality: SERAP Takes Wike, FG To ECOWAS Court Over Rights Violations / SERAP Accuses Ajimobi Of Executive Rascality Over Demolition..... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NBA Chides Umahi, Describes Response To Court Order As Executive Rascality by BanevsJoker(m): 12:27pm On Mar 09, 2022
After sacrificing your people to Fulani Herdsmen on the altar of political correctness, have they not left you behind?
Mumu Man!

1 Like

Re: NBA Chides Umahi, Describes Response To Court Order As Executive Rascality by onuman: 12:28pm On Mar 09, 2022
Executive rascality, yes.

Dave Umahi thinks like Rochas Okorocha - both believe that president Buhari can clear their routes on every event in Nigeria.

Both built bogus and white elephant projects in their state capital.
Both see all landmark buildings in their states as meant only for the state capital.
Re: NBA Chides Umahi, Describes Response To Court Order As Executive Rascality by FreeStuffsNG: 12:29pm On Mar 09, 2022
Nauttyprof:

Get the point clear on the matter and not type as if NBA is in support of the judgement.

Did you take your time to read the letter? They condemned the statement of the Governor as being wrong and all he could have said was that legal actions will be taken to challenge the judgement. Instead of the Governor stooping so low by calling the judge all sorts of name and speaking against judgement pronounced as if he was a superior court or judge.
I think you should read my comments slowly since it is obvious you did not comprehend it sir.
Once again,NBA will be in order to call for investigation of the judge as well.

2 Likes

Re: NBA Chides Umahi, Describes Response To Court Order As Executive Rascality by RexTramadol1: 12:30pm On Mar 09, 2022
Udoboss:

Lol...but laws can be formulated from precedence..

And the opposition brought a technical case with proofs the only thing the defendant is saying that there is was no clause lyk dat in the constitution....but it doesn't vindicate him..
Check wat Sagay said....

Nnamdi kanu was charged with an offence dat didn't exist wen He committed it but technical analysis he was charged with it..

I am not against Dave..I love his works in Abakaliki but His legal team should come with something strong not it doesn't exist..

There can’t be judgment that has no basis in the constitution, however, sometimes cases aren’t proven beyond reasonable doubt, but still there’s still the place of judicial precedent

That no law court has ever given such judgment doesn’t mean there’s no technicality that can swing in it considering the argument of counsels

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBA Chides Umahi, Describes Response To Court Order As Executive Rascality by onuman: 12:34pm On Mar 09, 2022
A political office holder selling the mandate given to him by his people to another political party: such a politician is poorly educated despite his chain of university degrees.

2 Likes

Re: NBA Chides Umahi, Describes Response To Court Order As Executive Rascality by Agugbadin: 12:40pm On Mar 09, 2022
Absolutely
Re: NBA Chides Umahi, Describes Response To Court Order As Executive Rascality by onuman: 12:45pm On Mar 09, 2022
densiks:
The NBA should as well make a public statement to demand judges to stop making a mockery of the judiciary through dubious judgments that have no basis in the constitution.

I have also read and heard from a number of very senior and respected members of the bench who have condemned the judgment and stated its lack of constitutional basis.

By inference, It therefore suggests that there is the possibility that court judgments are now for sale to the first buyer or highest bidder as the case may be.

The judiciary must not destroy our democracy, this is the message I expect to hear from the NBA ,I believe Umahi was outraged ,hence his decision to lecture his supporters about the existence of another judgment from a court of concurrent jurisdiction in order to forestall breakdown of law and order which that vexatious and unconstitutional judgment was capable of causing.

Pray tell, is it not in this country that the NJC has severally sacked or demoted judges for giving questionable judgments because of perceived patronage here and there?

I believe we must stop all these stupid professional correctness especially when it stands in the face of equity,constitutionalism and justice.

Preacher.
This country needs to be retrieved from political corruption.

Why then did the electoral process support multi party system if the constitution you rely on did not prohibit an elected political office holder from selling the mandate he got from a political party to an opposition political party?

The Constitution is a guide, it can't make pronouncements on everything. The judges interprete the constitution with the purpose of advancing the political and economic activities of the country.

1 Like

Re: NBA Chides Umahi, Describes Response To Court Order As Executive Rascality by GardenOfGod(m): 12:48pm On Mar 09, 2022
Because of Tinubu you lost your equilibrium... grin
FreeStuffsNG:
Sincerely, he went too emotional in his outburst.

To NBA,please and please, Justice Ekwo is not God and he can make mistakes or be influenced, so sitting on the bench does not make him an almighty.
It will be fair to call for his investigation as well as chiding HE Umahi.
Here's free book on business ideas & money sources directory for you,it's 100% free! https://www.nairaland.com/6666800/looking-business-ideas-money-fund. Cheers.
Re: NBA Chides Umahi, Describes Response To Court Order As Executive Rascality by shinealight(m): 12:52pm On Mar 09, 2022
Malory:
NBA should have known that everything about the satanic party APC is rascality. Even their national leader recently vowed to fight dirty and unleash mayhem on anyone who stands on his way to Aso rock. What a group of political bandits

When did the APC National Leader say he will fight dirty? He used the metaphor of “when fighting a pig, you should be prepared to be dirtied” by unscrupulous people like YOU. Is that the same thing as saying he will fight dirty? Get your facts right, my friend!

1 Like

Re: NBA Chides Umahi, Describes Response To Court Order As Executive Rascality by Karemarealty288(m): 12:52pm On Mar 09, 2022
Umahi

Re: NBA Chides Umahi, Describes Response To Court Order As Executive Rascality by Malory: 12:55pm On Mar 09, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

To NBA,please and please, Justice Ekwo is not God and he can make mistakes or be influenced, so sitting on the bench does not make him an almighty.
Here's free book on business ideas & money sources directory for you,it's 100% free! https://www.nairaland.com/6666800/looking-business-ideas-money-fund. Cheers.
This is one of the supporters of the criminal who vowed to fight dirty and kill anyone who stands on his way to Aso rock. Mods should ban him
Re: NBA Chides Umahi, Describes Response To Court Order As Executive Rascality by prophetfire: 12:56pm On Mar 09, 2022
athaboi:
Umahi is arrogant
Very very arrogant and doesn't tolerate opposition. He uses social media law he enacted to harrass people of Ebonyi state.
Re: NBA Chides Umahi, Describes Response To Court Order As Executive Rascality by KaluwisxPRO: 12:57pm On Mar 09, 2022
Bmaster:
I thought this has been the format for a long time now.

"Win an election with a party of the people,and decamp to the party of your choice".

Why is H.E Dave's own different ?

That has been happening because a lot of politicians are not ready to pursue their cases up to the Supreme court, doesn’t mean it is right or law to decamp at will after winning an election.
Re: NBA Chides Umahi, Describes Response To Court Order As Executive Rascality by Malory: 1:00pm On Mar 09, 2022
shinealight:

When did the APC National Leader say he will fight dirty? He used the metaphor of “when fighting a pig, you should be prepared to be dirtied” by unscrupulous people like YOU. Is that the same thing as saying he will fight dirty? Get your facts right, my friend!
The mods shouldn't hesitate to ban you for defending a political bandit who promised to go berserk just to win the presidency
Re: NBA Chides Umahi, Describes Response To Court Order As Executive Rascality by luizpippo(m): 1:02pm On Mar 09, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

And his mistakes are supposed to be corrected by insults and thrashtalks from an executive governor?
Re: NBA Chides Umahi, Describes Response To Court Order As Executive Rascality by NairaMaster1(m): 1:05pm On Mar 09, 2022
densiks:
The NBA should as well make a public statement to demand judges to stop making a mockery of the judiciary through dubious judgments that have no basis in the constitution.

I have also read and heard from a number of very senior and respected members of the bench who have condemned the judgment and stated its lack of constitutional basis.

By inference, It therefore suggests that there is the possibility that court judgments are now for sale to the first buyer or highest bidder as the case may be.

The judiciary must not destroy our democracy, this is the message I expect to hear from the NBA ,I believe Umahi was outraged ,hence his decision to lecture his supporters about the existence of another judgment from a court of concurrent jurisdiction in order to forestall breakdown of law and order which that vexatious and unconstitutional judgment was capable of causing.

Pray tell, is it not in this country that the NJC has severally sacked or demoted judges for giving questionable judgments because of perceived patronage here and there?

I believe we must stop all these stupid professional correctness especially when it stands in the face of equity,constitutionalism and justice.

Take heart bro.
Re: NBA Chides Umahi, Describes Response To Court Order As Executive Rascality by JudasNaKarrot: 1:08pm On Mar 09, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
You again.
You no get work to do?
Posting Tinubu up and down in Nairaland won't take him to Aso Rock. Stop this nonsense. Go and look for a meaningful thing to do and become useful to your parents and community.
Re: NBA Chides Umahi, Describes Response To Court Order As Executive Rascality by luizpippo(m): 1:11pm On Mar 09, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

I think you should read my comments slowly since it is obvious you did not comprehend it sir.
Once again,NBA will be in order to call for investigation of the judge as well.

See this one asking the judge to be investigated for giving a ruling based on precedence cheesy

Wasn't that why judiciary can keep evolving?
Re: NBA Chides Umahi, Describes Response To Court Order As Executive Rascality by shinealight(m): 1:16pm On Mar 09, 2022
Malory:
The mods shouldn't hesitate to ban you for defending a political bandit who promised to go berserk just to win the presidency

Are you the mouthpiece of the mods?? They will ban you first for making untrue assertions to tarnish other people’s image. We need honest, truthful and upright human beings here….you’re not one of them!!

1 Like

Re: NBA Chides Umahi, Describes Response To Court Order As Executive Rascality by Malory: 1:18pm On Mar 09, 2022
shinealight:

Are you the mouthpiece of the mods?? They will ban you first for making untrue assertions to tarnish other people’s image. We need honest, truthful and upright human beings here….you’re not one of them!!
I'm one of the few upright person in the world so mind what you are saying
Re: NBA Chides Umahi, Describes Response To Court Order As Executive Rascality by shinealight(m): 1:24pm On Mar 09, 2022
Malory:
I'm one of the few upright person in the world so mind what you are saying

You could have fooled me!
So, you don’t know what a metaphor is? If you speak Yoruba, go and listen again to his statement and then come back here to tell us you’re an upright person!

1 Like

Re: NBA Chides Umahi, Describes Response To Court Order As Executive Rascality by Misterone: 1:26pm On Mar 09, 2022
Maxymilliano:
I am so loving this man Olumide Akpata.

Wouldn't have been better said. Well done sir
if votes belong to political parties then why was David Lyon of APC in the last gubernatorial election in Bayelsa sacked for a crime committed by his deputy? the court would simply have told the party to nominate another person since the owner of the mandate (the party) did not commit any offence

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBA Chides Umahi, Describes Response To Court Order As Executive Rascality by Malory: 1:26pm On Mar 09, 2022
shinealight:

You could have fooled me!
So, you don’t know what a metaphor is? If you speak Yoruba, go and listen again to his statement and then come back here to tell us you’re an upright person!
In politics there's nothing like uprightness
Re: NBA Chides Umahi, Describes Response To Court Order As Executive Rascality by tonysunkan: 1:27pm On Mar 09, 2022
Umahi's vowed recalcitrant stance is an affirmation of executive recklessness.
Re: NBA Chides Umahi, Describes Response To Court Order As Executive Rascality by shinealight(m): 1:35pm On Mar 09, 2022
Malory:
In politics there's nothing like uprightness

You’re either upright or you’re not. When your time comes to be judged by your Maker concerning His Commandment: ”Thou Shalt Not Bear False Witness Against Thy Neighbour”…..you cannot say you were only playing politics. That’s how even otherwise good people end up in Hell.
Re: NBA Chides Umahi, Describes Response To Court Order As Executive Rascality by Malory: 1:48pm On Mar 09, 2022
shinealight:

You’re either upright or you’re not. When your time comes to be judged by your Maker concerning His Commandment: ”Thou Shalt Not Bear False Witness Against Thy Neighbour”…..you cannot say you were only playing politics. That’s how even otherwise good people end up in Hell.
So you are supporting another sick old man to be the president
Re: NBA Chides Umahi, Describes Response To Court Order As Executive Rascality by FamTomx2(m): 1:58pm On Mar 09, 2022
Obyangel:
Good evening Dave Umahi, í ga agba egwu surugede, egwu umu mmuo. Best judgement of the centurygrin

He never see anything, thinking he can sub change the will of his people because of his personal gain..

APC promise him presidential ticket for 2023 if he can surrender a party that gave him victory to them.

This is an executive rascality to its peak, and he has to be made to face the consequences.

PDP hierarchy should continue with pace of tremendous pressure to oust him from the office.

1 Like

Re: NBA Chides Umahi, Describes Response To Court Order As Executive Rascality by olatuns2017: 2:02pm On Mar 09, 2022
Kwanza:

This current NBA

Are like the usual CAN

One belle face

Re: NBA Chides Umahi, Describes Response To Court Order As Executive Rascality by JOemmy(m): 2:10pm On Mar 09, 2022
densiks:

Nothing like a bought judgement the supreme court have earlier ruled in the cases of amaechi vs omehia and also that of gov. bello that votes cast in any election belongs to the parties not the candidates there's no provisions yet for independent candidates in the nigerian constitution justice ekwo only followed the rulings of the supreme court.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu Delivers 16th Housing Project In 3 Years / Who Are Bola Tinubu’s Children And What Do They Do For A Living? / IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.