Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,270 members, 7,836,214 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

NBA Chides Umahi, Describes Response To Court Order As Executive Rascality - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NBA Chides Umahi, Describes Response To Court Order As Executive Rascality (18452 Views)

Femi Adesina Returns To Sun Newspaper As Executive Vice Chairman / Executive Rascality: SERAP Takes Wike, FG To ECOWAS Court Over Rights Violations / SERAP Accuses Ajimobi Of Executive Rascality Over Demolition..... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NBA Chides Umahi, Describes Response To Court Order As Executive Rascality by IPIGSRHYPO: 2:13pm On Mar 09, 2022
This NBA is more like the PDP legal department. What sort of rubbish trash is this. Political lawyers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NBA Chides Umahi, Describes Response To Court Order As Executive Rascality by shinealight(m): 2:17pm On Mar 09, 2022
Malory:
So you are supporting another sick old man to be the president

It’s not a matter of being young or old. A youth can be barren of ideas and be using the office to pursue women (like Bill Clinton or Yahaya Bello with 3 wives) grin grin Again, someone like Paul Biya (89 yrs) is demonstrating relative peace and progress in Cameroon. Also, Akufo-Addo of Ghana (nearly 78yrs) is performing creditably well and leading other African presidents in terms of achievements!
May the best man (who knows how to get things done) win the Presidency in 2023….that should be our prayer!

1 Like

Re: NBA Chides Umahi, Describes Response To Court Order As Executive Rascality by Dimitarr: 2:28pm On Mar 09, 2022
Nauttyprof:

Get the point clear on the matter and not type as if NBA is in support of the judgement.

Did you take your time to read the letter? They condemned the statement of the Governor as being wrong and all he could have said was that legal actions will be taken to challenge the judgement. Instead of the Governor stooping so low by calling the judge all sorts of name and speaking against judgement pronounced as if he was a superior court or judge.

I guess you are not familiar with is rhetoric's on this site. He and that manniquenbbq only enter threads that praises this government, talk rubbish and proceed to advertise Buhari or on in this case Tinubu.
Trust me you have seen nothing yet, check at least 10 threads created everyday and you will see the same format of writing a line on the topic and proceed to slurping tinubu's dick.
They both lack any thinking or assimilation faculty
Re: NBA Chides Umahi, Describes Response To Court Order As Executive Rascality by Osilama1: 2:33pm On Mar 09, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

I think you should read my comments slowly since it is obvious you did not comprehend it sir.
Once again,NBA will be in order to call for investigation of the judge as well.
investigate how if one isn't satisfied with a judgement there's appeal and supreme... Stop being sycophantic...
Re: NBA Chides Umahi, Describes Response To Court Order As Executive Rascality by ItswellMike: 2:34pm On Mar 09, 2022
Go and appeal the judgement
FreeStuffsNG:
Sincerely, he went too emotional in his outburst.

To NBA,please and please, Justice Ekwo is not God and he can make mistakes or be influenced, so sitting on the bench does not make him an almighty.
It will be fair to call for his investigation as well as chiding HE Umahi.
Here's free book on business ideas & money sources directory for you,it's 100% free! https://www.nairaland.com/6666800/looking-business-ideas-money-fund. Cheers.

Re: NBA Chides Umahi, Describes Response To Court Order As Executive Rascality by ItswellMike: 2:39pm On Mar 09, 2022
Go and appeal the judgement
densiks:
The NBA should as well make a public statement to demand judges to stop making a mockery of the judiciary through dubious judgments that have no basis in the constitution.

I have also read and heard from a number of very senior and respected members of the bench who have condemned the judgment and stated its lack of constitutional basis.

By inference, It therefore suggests that there is the possibility that court judgments are now for sale to the first buyer or highest bidder as the case may be.

The judiciary must not destroy our democracy, this is the message I expect to hear from the NBA ,I believe Umahi was outraged ,hence his decision to lecture his supporters about the existence of another judgment from a court of concurrent jurisdiction in order to forestall breakdown of law and order which that vexatious and unconstitutional judgment was capable of causing.

Pray tell, is it not in this country that the NJC has severally sacked or demoted judges for giving questionable judgments because of perceived patronage here and there?

I believe we must stop all these stupid professional correctness especially when it stands in the face of equity,constitutionalism and justice.

Re: NBA Chides Umahi, Describes Response To Court Order As Executive Rascality by sayso: 2:46pm On Mar 09, 2022
Please ooh,what about Ben Ayade?
Re: NBA Chides Umahi, Describes Response To Court Order As Executive Rascality by HRMK: 2:50pm On Mar 09, 2022
which #nba?are the members not into partisan politics?those lawyers that appeared for #umahi in court,are they not members of the body?make we hear word oooh..........

1 Like

Re: NBA Chides Umahi, Describes Response To Court Order As Executive Rascality by Reptyle(m): 3:19pm On Mar 09, 2022
Kwanza:

The NBA should busy itself with cautioning and sanctioning members of the bar that consistently bring the noble profession into disrepute. Umahi has a right to react publicly to what he perceives as an attempt to scuttle his government illegally. You cannot beat a child and bar that child from crying...that would be the height of cruelty.

The law recognizes 3 ways by which a governor can be removed from office viz, resignation, death, or impeachment. The Supreme Court has also established time and time again that votes in an election belong to the candidate and not to the party on which they ran.

Not sure where the judge got his precedent from but I am sure the Appellate courts will correct this issue.

1 Like

Re: NBA Chides Umahi, Describes Response To Court Order As Executive Rascality by Malory: 3:37pm On Mar 09, 2022
shinealight:

It’s not a matter of being young or old. A youth can be barren of ideas and be using the office to pursue women (like Bill Clinton or Yahaya Bello with 3 wives) grin grin Again, someone like Paul Biya (89 yrs) is demonstrating relative peace and progress in Cameroon. Also, Akufo-Addo of Ghana (nearly 78yrs) is performing creditably well and leading other African presidents in terms of achievements!
May the best man (who knows how to get things done) win the Presidency in 2023….that should be our prayer!
okay let the best man win
Re: NBA Chides Umahi, Describes Response To Court Order As Executive Rascality by RomanGreen: 3:52pm On Mar 09, 2022
densiks:
The NBA should as well make a public statement to demand judges to stop making a mockery of the judiciary through dubious judgments that have no basis in the constitution.

I have also read and heard from a number of very senior and respected members of the bench who have condemned the judgment and stated its lack of constitutional basis.

By inference, It therefore suggests that there is the possibility that court judgments are now for sale to the first buyer or highest bidder as the case may be.

The judiciary must not destroy our democracy, this is the message I expect to hear from the NBA ,I believe Umahi was outraged ,hence his decision to lecture his supporters about the existence of another judgment from a court of concurrent jurisdiction in order to forestall breakdown of law and order which that vexatious and unconstitutional judgment was capable of causing.

Pray tell, is it not in this country that the NJC has severally sacked or demoted judges for giving questionable judgments because of perceived patronage here and there?

I believe we must stop all these stupid professional correctness especially when it stands in the face of equity,constitutionalism and justice.

Are you mad? You read from beer parlor gossips to make your own submission, have you bothered to check what the constitution says...let me quote to make it easy for you... section 221 of the 1999 constitution states that "votes belongs to political parties and that politicians are trustees of the party"

The judge relied on this section to arrive at it's judgement, can you say the judge is wrong? She obviously relied on the constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria to deliver the judgement.

The problem with most of you is that you don't read, I advise you take your time to read the judgement and leave the supreme court to have the final interpretation.
Re: NBA Chides Umahi, Describes Response To Court Order As Executive Rascality by loster: 3:54pm On Mar 09, 2022
FalseProphet1:
Umahai would become politically useless after 2023, he's greed made sure of that.

This I have seen.
at list his ligacy in the state will speak for him anytime any day

1 Like

Re: NBA Chides Umahi, Describes Response To Court Order As Executive Rascality by poiZon: 4:46pm On Mar 09, 2022
densiks:

So how r we sure matawale didnt procure his own judgement?

These cases were filed at the same time, zamfara delivered judgement earlier, fed high court delivered their judgment yesterday.. Had it been PDP files the case of ebonyi after zamfara had delivered judgment, then we can say justice inyang ekwo erred, u don't expect inyang to throw the case out when he didn't give his own judgement.
What the counsel to apc would have done was to cite the zamfara judgment as reference...
Re: NBA Chides Umahi, Describes Response To Court Order As Executive Rascality by poiZon: 4:59pm On Mar 09, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

I think you should read my comments slowly since it is obvious you did not comprehend it sir.
Once again,NBA will be in order to call for investigation of the judge as well.
Because he interpreted the laws well and it affected apc?

What if matawale bought his own judgement, what if inyang ekwo is right on this?

Umahi should appeal, definitely it will get to supreme court, that is when we will get the final judgment whether just or unjust. Xause we know even supreme court gives unjust judgement like in the case of uzodinma n ihedioha. Where number of votes didnt tally with total number of accredited voters.
But all in all, i want proper interpretation of this judgment so it will lay to bare every form of indiscriminate decamping by our politicians.
If u want to decamp, resign from the post u were and decamp. Inec will always do by-election, u contest with ur new party.
Re: NBA Chides Umahi, Describes Response To Court Order As Executive Rascality by Ntipia: 7:48pm On Mar 09, 2022
No matter what God loves you

Re: NBA Chides Umahi, Describes Response To Court Order As Executive Rascality by tamzi: 7:15pm On Mar 10, 2022
stinflame:

They will use this one and Nail him, once him appeal .
grin

Exactly he just blew his chances of appealing his case, I still can't figure out he will still go back to the same judiciary for an appeal after all he has said.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Judge Refuses To Give Judgement In Case Between Cecilia Adams And Ayade / Boko Haram Attacks Military Base In Yobe, Kills Soldier / Imo Monarchs Endorses Okorocha's Recall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.