Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,286 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Why I Am In Politics | Etigwe Uwa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Am In Politics | Etigwe Uwa (349 Views)

Anambra Seals Uwa Mgbede Market, Onitsha Over Poor Sanitation, Other Infractions / Etigwe Uwa Urges Court To Declare Him Winner Of APGA Guber Primary In Abia / Tinubu With A Placard, Demands Justice For Uwa, Tina And Jennifer (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why I Am In Politics | Etigwe Uwa by mrtalktrue(m): 12:45pm On Mar 09, 2022
I Am in the race to take a stand against bad governance! To take a stand against imposition and the stealing of party structures through undemocratic means! Am in the race to stop impunity and conscienceless plunder of the commonwealth and patrimony of our people.
I have taken a stand and I am willing to stand by its consequences. I stand on the side of truth and conscience. I stand on the side of the people who die every day because of the absence of hospital infrastructure across the state! People whose pensions have been denied for several years and who die of want and deprivation even in the midst of plenty!

I stand on the side of Restoring Abia to flourish. I do not aspire to be a good politician and will not be. I aspire to be a man of conscience and conviction and to be fearless and courageous in my pursuit of the greatest good of the greater majority of our people.
Martin Luther King took a stand. Mandela took a stand. I have taken a stand and I am on the side of what I believe in. I have decided to stand with the people against the oppressors of their destiny. I honestly believe that only through a selfless pursuit of the good of our people rather than political interest can our people be saved from the dungeon and abyss of hopelessness and grieve they have been plunged into these two and half decades. That is the side I am on.

Our individual successes shall not only be reckoned by our various individual accomplishments but by our collective contribution towards the development of the place we call hone.

It is my candid prayer and supplication that we all join hands to restore and rebuild Abia. We must, more than ever, determine to plant trees even if we must not be around to find safety under it. The time has come when all true lovers of Abia must embark on a selection process which throws up our best eleven regardless of party affiliations.

I am willing and happy to continue to engage with men of goodwill and indeed, nde Abia in this regard.

I pray that the Lord will strengthen our hands as we galvanise together towards rebuilding Abia

(1) (Reply)

How Debt Management Office Proved Umahi Right - Aide, Nwaze / Why Akume Is Best Candidate For APC National Chairmanship Position - Lawani / NATIONAL LIBERTY VANGUARD GRAND FINAL OF ALL SECONDARY SCHOOLS ON OGBOMOSO ESSAY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.