Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

Toilet Disease, Real Or Imaginary? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Toilet Disease, Real Or Imaginary? (41782 Views)

Common Toilet Disease : Symptoms And Prevention / TOILET DISEASE/INFECTION-REAL OR IMAGINARY? / How To Handle Toilet Disease? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Toilet Disease, Real Or Imaginary? by naijaking1: 2:46pm On Aug 29, 2007
aisha2:

Naijaking please refresh your studies on public health. I know STIs are sometimes blamed on toilets as a means of infection but it will be quite ignorant to outrightly reject the existance of toilet infections.
Go and do more research please because we have had cases of infection even in Children.

My dear, there is no value reading my posting or your public health texts upside-down.

I never rejected the existence of STI acquired from contaminated toilets, but compared to other classic forms of acquiring the infection, toilet related cases remain anecdotal.

Most of the STIs are not from the toilet, I challenge you or any other wannabe out there to show me the reference or the population where toilets serve as the most common form of STI transmission.

As a public health official, your emphasis should be on the most likely source of infection, while not totally ignoring the few outlaying anecdotal cases.

Once again, if 100 people on nairaland pick up STI, most of them would have picked it up from sexual contact, and other conditions I listed earlier.

Very few of them if any would have contacted it from a dirty toilet, so your advice must be based on the most likely cause(s).
Re: Toilet Disease, Real Or Imaginary? by olanajim(m): 12:04am On Aug 30, 2007
Naijaking1,
I think you have a point. But I must say that I disagree with your manner of presentation. Why? Because you obviously think that toilet infection wouldn't be of any significant.

The truth is that everyone knows that STIs are only contracted through sex while few know there is probability of chance infection in the toilet which you acknowledged. Therefore, it is no more imaginary but real. If as you said out of 100 infections only 1 is contracted from the toilet, then it is real. My own concern is that, that one exception will find it difficult to convince anyone he/she didn't contract it through sex. If he/she is married, there is every probability that it would result in marrital conflict such as accusation of infidelity etc. Don't also forget that that one person may eventually transmit it to others through sex without knowing.

What Aisha2 had done, is to educate us on the probability of it occurence. I don't think she is saying it is the most common. She had done well to educate us on the possibility. We just have to know every posibilities and then guard against them.

One good example to butress this assertion is HIV virus. We know it is contracted through sex. Just as it could spread by sharing sharp objects. To ignore the later because it is not prevalence is to say the least, a great gamble.

I think you guys deserve commendations for giving us these useful hints.
Re: Toilet Disease, Real Or Imaginary? by naijaking1: 9:11am On Aug 30, 2007
olanajim:

One good example to butress this assertion is HIV virus. We know it is contracted through sex. Just as it could spread by sharing sharp objects. To ignore the later because it is not prevalence is to say the least, a great gamble.

I think you guys deserve commendations for giving us these useful hints.

With all due respect, the Hiv example is a rather bad one. Sharing needles and exchanging body fluids are known major routes of transmission, it's not anecdotal like contracting STI from a dirty toilet seat. Infact, a whole population of iv-drug users have been known to contract HIV from their habit, rather than sex.

Contacting STI through dirty toilet seats is more like getting killed by lightening: it's possible, but rare. Some people even think it's one of those medical zebras[i]."If you hear sound of hoofs, think horses first, and not zebras"[/i]

How many normal and sane persons would knowingly use a dirty toilet in the first place?
So, when a patient comes to you and says "doctor, i have STI, and I picked it from a dirty toilet last week"

You just don't give him or her antibiotics and send him home; the correct medical practice is investigate, document, and infact tell the patient that though you believe him, but that most people just don't pick up this type of disease from the toilet.

You have a responsibility(as a health practioner) to make the patient address the most likely source of the infection.

The exceptions include children, institutionalized, mentally handicaped, etc.

I chose to call this "imaginary", not because it doesn't exist in the rare situations above, but because more times than one, the medical practioner has to force patients to accept responsibility for their sex life, hygiene, and general medical condition.

Telling them that most STI is secondary to dirty toliet relieves them of that obligation and responsibility, and should be condemned.

Nobody's looking for commendation for this type of discussion, but it's an important for public service duty.
Re: Toilet Disease, Real Or Imaginary? by Keziah(f): 12:38pm On Aug 31, 2007
@naijaking1

I think toilet still plays a crucial role in the transmittion of these diseases. I say this because:

1. If u use share a water system with someone who has such disease and the water splash on ur privates i guess u will be at risk of catching such,

2. If one uses an infected latrine/pit toilet, i understand that the heat or vapour that comes from such toilet is really dangerous and poisonous.

3. I understand most ladies who are not promiscuous can also catch it through these media simply by opening themselves to the heat or the water that splash from such toilets when defacing or urinating.

Those are the most reasons why most people refer to them or generalize them as toilet disease. So I'll say toilet spread it faster than sex. Because 20 or more people can have access to such toilet than to a Carrier via sex.
Re: Toilet Disease, Real Or Imaginary? by olanajim(m): 12:50pm On Aug 31, 2007
I know that in Nigeria 70% of the population are poor. Most of these people do not have access to good home talkless of good toilet. The typical Lagos toilet is an eyesore at least once a while. The absent of portable water (most people buy water, and some use satchet or bottled water to clean themselves) makes the situation suspect though it make look neat.

I do not dispute your claim. But with due respect, I believes we shouldn't just focus on major but also minor means of spreading any germs.

Asking how many people would use a dirty toilet is to say the least lack of understanding of Nigerian situation. Few public toilets, shortage and irregular water supply, over population, wuruwuru culture etc. Given these and many more, I think the education is worth it.

Let me give an insight into lagos life: you are visiting a place you have no friends. And suddenly you urge to heed call of nature. You looks around and found only one public toilet. You checked in only to behold an eyesore. No money back. You have two options: to leave or to use it even if you have to wash it yourself! Anyone who had been in a state of urgency know that he would have to use it. In the event where you leave, it is either you use the street (which is common ) or soil your germent.

Thousands of people faces this scenerio everyday in lagos. Just do a little survey.

All the same, it is nice reading from you.
Re: Toilet Disease, Real Or Imaginary? by naijaking1: 11:58pm On Aug 31, 2007
Guys

I guess I might have forgotten a lot about naija, lack of water to flush the toilet, lack of toilets to start with in the first place, etc. That certainly makes for a special situation, I agree. There may actually be more cases of toilet-acquired STI in naija than in most places.

But before you let your patients off on a lame excuse about contracting an STI from a toilet, it beholds the care provider to emphasize safe sex, good hygiene, etc.
Re: Toilet Disease, Real Or Imaginary? by olanajim(m): 11:26am On Sep 01, 2007
Sure, AIDS is there already to remind a randy man of danger of unsafe sex. But, my observations show that people are not affraid of AIDS! An uncle of mime with a Master Degree in Engineering and a couple of other awards plus being a notable politician at his local govt in Ogun state used to tell whoever cares to listen that STIs are just Oyinbo way of reducing population in Africa! People like this abounds and they are having a field day confusing others.
Re: Toilet Disease, Real Or Imaginary? by naijaking1: 4:37pm On Sep 01, 2007
misinformation is public health care enemy number 1
Re: Toilet Disease, Real Or Imaginary? by olanajim(m): 5:18pm On Sep 01, 2007
That is why no information should be trivialize simply because some are not as important as others.
Re: Toilet Disease, Real Or Imaginary? by onyejify: 2:02pm On Sep 13, 2007
bla bla bla bl bl bl b b b, more info pls. olanajim, u seems to be d moderator. what are d cures for toilet infections(drugs)
Re: Toilet Disease, Real Or Imaginary? by Aladunni(f): 4:00pm On Sep 13, 2007
Before anything try to visit the nearest clinic, sometimes for females a swap or smear is needed to know the level of the bacteria or fungal as the case may be in you. The level of these antibodies helps them to know the particular drug to prescribe to you. Meanwhile just as you will quickly use paracetamol without prescription, you can get Trosyd Cream or Powder and quickly apply at slightest itching (sorry am not promoting any company) it costs like #1,000.00 and above. Alternatively u can get Acyclovir Cream (like #3,500), its very effective when other drugs fail and use along with Nizoral tablets (like ten days). Please am not a doctor or health practitioner but am hyper-sensitive to toilets, any toilet no matter how neat, but after the first day am ok again.
Then when u dont have these drugs at hand, warm water with a pinch of salt can make u comfortable for the night before you get the drugs. Please dont cultivate the habit of using any disinfectant to wash your privates (females please) there are some necessary bacteria to keep you clean when u wash them off, trouble starts. Please maybe someone may teach us better. I dont know the technical terms well.
Then untreated toilet diseases normally goes up to block the tubes (by the way its not possible to be untreated but it may not be treated well, as in its too uncomfortable to leave) then the bacteria have a way of eating up the sperms of the man and thus creating an infertile situation (Read that). Please get "Everywoman" you will see more.
Re: Toilet Disease, Real Or Imaginary? by olanajim(m): 4:25pm On Sep 13, 2007
So far, your prescriptions was narrowed to women. We heard that men can get it too though in a rare circumstance. Supposing an innocent man get it from his babe, what should he do?

Since, he may not know he get the germs anyway, what are the few sympthons a man must look out for to suspect infection. You know some STI had recognizable sympthons, a man must be educated too. Should he also go buy those creams babe are talking about?

Furthermore, a woman may not be able to tell her man she had infection. I understand most of you girls are even embarased to get the gentleman disease, talkless of telling your man you are infected. An angry man would rather suspect you have been having a fling or you are putting his life in danger.

Now that guy might have got the germs after mating his babe.

You have to tell us what to do since all the creams the lady use would come to naught if her man have the germs and still mate with her. Let hear your view on this.

It doesn't matter whether it is prevalence or not. If it exist then somebody is going to benefit fr6 the knowledge. After all prevention is better than cure.
Re: Toilet Disease, Real Or Imaginary? by Aladunni(f): 5:02pm On Sep 13, 2007
olanajim:

So far, your prescriptions was narrowed to women. We heard that men can get it too though in a rare circumstance. Supposing an innocent man get it from his babe, what should he do?

Since, he may not know he get the germs anyway, what are the few sympthons a man must look out for to suspect infection. You know some STI had recognizable sympthons, a man must be educated too. Should he also go buy those creams babe are talking about?

Furthermore, a woman may not be able to tell her man she had infection. I understand most of you girls are even embarased to get the gentleman disease, talkless of telling your man you are infected. An angry man would rather suspect you have been having a fling or you are putting his life in danger.

You have to tell us what to do since all the creams the lady use would come to naught if her man have the germs and still mate with her. Let hear your view on this.

It doesn't matter whether it is prevalence or not. If it exist then somebody is going to benefit fr6 the knowledge. After all prevention is better than cure.

Please try and consult a physician for all those, i learn about females than i do with guys (sorry about that please) I will try and get something done and i believe there is someone out there who could give us a thorough lesson on what to do for guys who are infected. They don't normally have symptoms as much but i think some do itch at the tip. You can also seek help on the medical advice thread.

Faithfullness, Trust and Open communication is the word. I know if you maintain one man, one partner u can never find it difficult telling your partner what is happening to you as a lady. Infact there are some gyneacologist i know that will never treat your infections without seeing your partner with you even if they will, they will advise you to bring your partner if not you will carry the thing, the next time you meet with your partner.

i will try and get in touch the moment i know enough about guys fate, but before then someone talk ooooooooooooooooo
Re: Toilet Disease, Real Or Imaginary? by wolexanda(m): 6:05pm On Sep 20, 2007
hay don be an ingnorant call on me today for the treatment of all your toilet disease and proper cleaning today on 08026889217
Re: Toilet Disease, Real Or Imaginary? by Adebam(f): 1:46pm On Sep 21, 2007
yeah, it is real. i have once been infected.it took some time and treatments before it left finally.
Though i couldnt really say the actual drugs that stopped it.
it happened when i was in school.i rushed down to the school clinic because mine was a bad one with bad odour that even somebody next to me was able to smell the odour.
so i was given some drugs-including ones to be inserted and it finally left. after i have been battling with it for long- going off and on.undecided.
ever since it has not come back

so it is real though it has levels
Re: Toilet Disease, Real Or Imaginary? by naijaking1: 3:26am On Sep 22, 2007
There continues to be a lot of misunderstanding about this so-called toilet disease.

After the previous postings I had an opportunity to speak to a practicing physician friend of mine in Lagos.
I was not surprised that he, like many doctors out there think it's a joke.
"I remember one patient also telling me that she got pregnant from sitting on a dirty toilet when her soldier husband travelled overseas on an assignment" he laughed.

As ridicoulous as it seems, some doctors in naija may not confront a well paying patient about risky behaviours that lead to sexually transmitted diseases, but they should!
However, the truth remains that most normal people, even in 2007 naija do not contract STD from the toilet, they simply contract it from risky sexual behaviours, poor sanitation, and then from immune deficiency.

Remember it's called sexually transmitted disease, not toilet transmitted disease.
While  most female patient would rather tell their doctor that they sat on a dirty toilet and ended up with STD symptoms, instead of acknowledging a risky sexual behaviour, the doctor would most likely smile behind her back without conviction. So, don't fool yourself or your doctor about STD, he or she knows better.
If you're a male, I am even more appalled at the idea of getting STD bacteria from the toilet. You can always get it from having sex with a woman who 'got it from the toilet'

olanajim:

If you contract an STD from a female who "picked it up from a toilet", it's still sexually transmited. The severity, duration and proper management remain the same. No difference.

Applying some stupid cream used by your female partner who probably convinced you that she picked up the disease from a toilet actually does you more harm than good for a variety of medical reasons.
The best course of action is go to your M.D

If you're a fellow physican, I like to know your input on this matter, but if you're a patient or a bystander, there is no time to educate you on the intricate microbiology, anatomy, and biohemistry invoved in this issue, and your response may not be answered.
Re: Toilet Disease, Real Or Imaginary? by Aladunni(f): 10:21am On Sep 22, 2007
naijaking1:

There continues to be a lot of misunderstanding about this so-called toilet disease.

Remember it's called sexually transmitted disease, not toilet transmitted disease.

Applying some stupid cream used by your female partner who probably convinced you that she picked up the disease from a toilet actually does you more harm than good for a variety of medical reasons.
The best course of action is go to your M.D

I think the first poster in this thread was actually asking about toilet diseases, these are candidasis and the likes. They can be gotten from sitting on a toilet seat please, but it becomes a sexually transmitted infection when an infected partner passes it to the other person and on an on like that through sexual contact.
So please never rule it out that this things are gotten from the toilet. And those stupid creams are working, but i still emphasized that any infected person should go and see the doctor. Shikena
Re: Toilet Disease, Real Or Imaginary? by olanajim(m): 12:00pm On Sep 22, 2007
Naijaking1, I love your presentation educative and informative.

Aladunni, you are right in your observations. That is what we are actually talking about. I hope Naijaking1 take note. He may have further input.

Honestly, some of us reading the thread are benefiting from vital infomations. There appear to be misconception between toilet disease proper and the STD they seems to have some similarities. Please we need further clarification in the interest of public.

Next, I still want to know what a man should do if he suspect his wife but he exhibited no symthon of any type.
Re: Toilet Disease, Real Or Imaginary? by Outstrip(f): 2:32am On Oct 04, 2007
According to Dr. Oz it is almost impossible to catch an infection or STD from a toilet seat unless you are deliberately trying to get it.
Re: Toilet Disease, Real Or Imaginary? by wanitas(f): 2:27am On Feb 04, 2008
i agree with naijaking guy,

cos truly, methinks these toilet disease thing is just over-rated, our chics r not just saying the truth, but seriously, mayb its becos we lose sight of the incubation period after picking the bacteria frm sex (during which time we defintiely use the toilet) that we seem to attribute it all to the toilet

sides' candida is not a big deal,(ask the pregnant women) just get a simple test done and get proper treatment

@ aisha2
u say children come down with candida too/
seen a virgin come down with candida
Re: Toilet Disease, Real Or Imaginary? by uspry1(f): 3:42am On Feb 04, 2008
Toilet Diease is real!!! I am not talking about STD itself. (sexually transmitted disease), i talk about bacteria, germ, and other diseases from dirty toilet.(not sexual ones). Not only Nigeria, it is everywhere in the world.

From my local tv news in the US to display which FIVE TOP lists that are the worst public toilet (eg. toilet disease, bacteria, other infections) no matter how clean it is by janitors due to largest people go in and out publicly.

1) on the planes/train/commerical or charter buses, also inside airports, bus stations, and rail/amtrak stations

2) hospitals

3) restuarants

4) schools/universities/stadiums/megachurches/amusement parks/museums

5) someone's homes in family gatherings like family reunions, birthday parties, etc.

For women, I suggest you to carry your own toilet seat papers, anti-bacterial air spray and mini wipes inside your purses everywhere you go in case of any public toilets ran out toilet papers and seat papers.

Also not only toilet disease, you can get disease from dirty unwashed bed linens on beds and bathroom linens sitting on towel holder that carry bacteria too. crabs, bed lices, etc.
Re: Toilet Disease, Real Or Imaginary? by naijaking1: 5:45am On Feb 04, 2008
@uspry1
Lest people get confused, 'you are not talking about STD itself' Anybody who has studied biology for one day knows that there communicable diseases all over the place as you list.

However, STD is caused by very labile organisms such as neisseria gonorrhea, chlamydia, etc that can't even survive on a formite for one minute.

Before you misunderstand TV reports about communicable diseases, please note that toilet acquired STD is not prevelent in the US, I know, because I currently practice medicine in US.
Re: Toilet Disease, Real Or Imaginary? by almondjoy(f): 3:46pm On Feb 04, 2008
wanita_s:

i agree with naijaking guy,

because truly, methinks these toilet disease thing is just over-rated, our chics r not just saying the truth, but seriously, mayb its because we lose sight of the incubation period after picking the bacteria frm sex (during which time we defintiely use the toilet) that we seem to attribute it all to the toilet

sides' candida is not a big deal,(ask the pregnant women) just get a simple test done and get proper treatment

@ aisha2 u say children come down with candida too/
seen a virgin come down with candida

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Inna-res-ting!

uspry1:

Toilet Diease is real!!! I am not talking about STD itself. (sexually transmitted disease), i talk about bacteria, germ, and other diseases from dirty toilet.(not sexual ones). Not only Nigeria, it is everywhere in the world.

From my local tv news in the US to display which FIVE TOP lists that are the worst public toilet (eg. toilet disease, bacteria, other infections) no matter how clean it is by janitors due to largest people go in and out publicly.

1) on the planes/train/commerical or charter buses, also inside airports, bus stations, and rail/amtrak stations

2) hospitals

3) restuarants

4) schools/universities/stadiums/megachurches/amusement parks/museums

5) someone's homes in family gatherings like family reunions, birthday parties, etc.

For women, I suggest you to carry your own toilet seat papers, anti-bacterial air spray and mini wipes inside your purses everywhere you go in case of any public toilets ran out toilet papers and seat papers.

Also not only toilet disease, you can get disease from dirty unwashed bed linens on beds and bathroom linens sitting on towel holder that carry bacteria too. crabs, bed lices, etc.

people must be shoving the whole toilet into their arses for there to be any kind of contagious organisms "catchable" from public toilets.

How do people sit on those things for crying out loud? shocked

Or do the guys use their equipment to do a thorough sweep of the commode enough to catch something from these surfaces? cheesy

naijaking1:

@uspry1
Lest people get confused, 'you are not talking about STD itself' Anybody who has studied biology for one day knows that there communicable diseases all over the place as you list.

However, STD is caused by very labile organisms such as neisseria gonorrhea, chlamydia, etc that can't even survive on a formite for one minute.

Before you misunderstand TV reports about communicable diseases, please note that toilet acquired STD is not prevelent in the US, I know, because I currently practice medicine in US.

he he he he he. cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Toilet Disease, Real Or Imaginary? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Feb 04, 2008
Almondjoy, You have to understand the poor sanitory conditions of most public toilets in Nigeria especially in female hostels. Its not like the clean flush toilets abraod. They could seem clean to the eyes but they could be crawling with germs and infection from the toilet seat to the ater in the water system. Over 60% of Nigerians do not have acces to clean toilets. even the Supposedly clean ones 25% are not cleaned with disinfectants.
My Collegues and my sister always laugh at me hen i trevel for feild work or conferences because no matter how clean a toilet is in a hotel i dont use it till i get back home, this means sometimes i dont poo poo for a week till i get back home.
I am not saying toilets are the cause of every STI but with the situation we have in Nigeria, they constitute a lot to its spread.
Re: Toilet Disease, Real Or Imaginary? by almondjoy(f): 5:29pm On Feb 04, 2008
aisha2:

Almondjoy, You have to understand the[b] poor sanitory conditions of most public toilets in Nigeria especially in female hostels.[/b] Its not like the clean flush toilets abraod. They could seem clean to the eyes but they could be crawling with germs and infection from the toilet seat to the ater in the water system.

Over 60% of Nigerians do not have acces to clean toilets. even the Supposedly clean ones 25% are not cleaned with disinfectants.
My Collegues and my sister always laugh at me hen i trevel for feild work or conferences because no matter how clean a toilet is in a hotel i don't use it till i get back home, this means sometimes i don't poo poo for a week till i get back home.
I am not saying toilets are the cause of every STI but with the situation we have in Nigeria, they constitute a lot to its spread.

I understand the case in Nigeria. One of the reasons when I visit--I do not attend parties or visit people I do not know intimately.  Even when I do use any bathroom, I am careful to avoid "splashes". cheesy I was a little intrigued by the fact that some people here do not believe children and virgins could contract "candida". Like it is only through sexual intercourse you can catch yeast infections?  Many people on antibiotic therapy come down with yeast infections as side effects.   Inna-rest-ting, I say.

My puzzle was about Usrpy1's analysis of the situation in America. Like naijaking1,  I found some things she wrote quite unbelievable.  From the public restrooms to private restrooms in America--I have rearly come across a dirty one.  Even at remote campsites.

@Uspry1--where did you get your stats from? cheesy

Na wah for you oooooooooooooooooh!  No poo poo for a week? shocked

Gawd alllllllllllllmarrrrrrrrrrrrrrry!!!!  Please head to the nearest bush a beg.  You want to kill yourself? cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Toilet Disease, Real Or Imaginary? by wanitas(f): 8:02pm On Feb 04, 2008
i insist that the chance of getting any form of STI is gotten from d toilet is very slim, no, i donot think that possible, germs we kno r prevalent in some places more than others but sexually transmitted infections are called that for precisely the reason that they r sexually transmitted, unless, u perhaps use a toilet immediately after someone with an oozing warts, otherwise.

as for yeast infections,course d use of antibiotics do trigger them, pregnancy, hormonal imbalance generally

pls lets not confuse things, STI r STIs, like i said before,mayb d period of their incubation esp in women make peopl attribute them to the use of d toilet,
as has been rightly stated, use of tissue to clean of toilet b4 use goes a long to help,clean,dry underwear, cleaning after peeing etc all reduce incidence of bacterial infection,
Re: Toilet Disease, Real Or Imaginary? by naijaking1: 8:19pm On Feb 04, 2008
@Almondjoy/wanita s

Thanks for your help on this matter, public health information and education is very hard, especially when patients and audience have already made up their minds.

Could you imagine how long this debate has been going on, because it's more convenient to say 'Honey, I contracted gonorrhea from all these dirty Lagos public toilets while you were away', instead of of saying 'I played a little risque while you were gone'.
Re: Toilet Disease, Real Or Imaginary? by uspry1(f): 5:36am On Feb 05, 2008
almondjoy:

My puzzle was about Usrpy1's analysis of the situation in America. Like naijaking1, I found some things she wrote quite unbelievable. From the public restrooms to private restrooms in America--I have rearly come across a dirty one. Even at remote campsites.

@Uspry1--where did you get your stats from? cheesy

@almondjoy and naijaking1

Last year 2007 around November or December I watched either FOX or CNN TV news (don't remember which one) on cable TV with closed captioning (CC) for the hearing impaired TV viewers where the health TV news reporter talked about communicative diseases displaying a graphically statistic of TOP-FIVE the most dirty public restrooms on their backscreen. That's all I remembered well.

For dirty unwashed bed/bathroom linens, again it came from either FOX or CNN health TV news talking about a bedbug or chigger I watched with CC few years ago.

For bacteria-related, again same thing from FOX or CNN health TV news over and over.

Are you tell me that all FOX/CNN health TV news are FALSIFIED to feed TV viewers misconceptions about communicable diseases? I thought that was very EDUCATIONAL INFORMATION to let people be aware surrounding themselves.

I better stop BELIEVING ON ANY MEDICAL EDUCATIONAL on cable tv anymore!!! Just like I don't believe any internet content writing by different authors as well as all media especially gossip newspapers (Enquirer, all Nigeria newspapers, Stars) and people's rumors/gossips. I always research for FACTS, not false stuffs.
Re: Toilet Disease, Real Or Imaginary? by uspry1(f): 5:48am On Feb 05, 2008
Go look at the following link at below in order to get the idea what I talk about.  lipsrsealed

Toilet Splash and Disease Transmission
http://www.paklinks.com/gs/showthread.php?t=249757

Are you telling me this is far-fetched not to catch disease transmitted from toilet splash? Does it mean blog is BS story to get people attention? undecided
Re: Toilet Disease, Real Or Imaginary? by naijaking1: 2:31am On Feb 06, 2008
@uspry1
You're right about contracting communicable diseases from dirty environments, toilets included, but you must differentiate communicable diseases from sexually transmitted diseases.

They are not the same.

Some of the organisms causing STD need the delicate ph balance of the urethra to propagate and cause disease, some of them would die on contact with toilet water themselves, and would have no chance of causing any disease.

Like I wrote in this thread earlier, there's so much microbiology, biochemistry, and anatomy involved in this topic that I can't fully educate you at this time. Better still, ask your primary care doctor in US when next you go for a check up.

I appreciate the difficulties of the hearing and speech impaired, but the TV captions you're quoting might have been misunderstood.

The link you provided was a huge joke, you should have known that.

You should have also seen their last word:

PP - I'm joking with you, of course. Do NOT attempt any of the things I've recommended here, PLEASE! Thank you for making my day, and for confirming that we in the US don't have the monopoly on idiocy.
Re: Toilet Disease, Real Or Imaginary? by uspry1(f): 3:27pm On Feb 06, 2008
@naijaking1

Thank you for replying me. I am aware the fact that communicable diseases and sexually transmitted diseases are not the same.

Ok, the provided link, i overlooked at the end of the bottom paragraph reading too fast---not paid attention to first sentence. Again, I re-read article to realize that the author/blogger wrote entire as a big joke!

Have a good day naijaking1.
Re: Toilet Disease, Real Or Imaginary? by uspry1(f): 3:33pm On Feb 06, 2008
I have made my decision that TOILET DISEASE is no such thing! PERIOD!

Your mind is poisoned when it comes to TOILET DISEASE to trigger your fear or paranoid or panic!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ogun Student Commits Suicide For Being Dumped By Girlfriend / YPO COVID-19 Isolation Centre In Lagos Shut Down / What To Do With My Wife's Placenta?????

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.