Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,771 members, 7,817,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment (35704 Views)

The NYSC 2019 Batch A Mobilization Time Table Is Finally Out / My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State / Kano Corpers And Camp Soldiers Clash In Karaye NYSC Orientation Camp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by seunlayi(m): 9:55am On Mar 10, 2022
SalisuJasper:
I am currently in plateau state nysc orientation camp and with what i have seen so far, the government needs to do better as the 21days in camp can actually put you into depression if you are not bouyant in cash.

The officials have turned the place to a living hell and they find a means in all ways to extort student instead of making life very easy.

i will be pointing out some point thats need to be checked.

They disconnect all the socket in the camp and corp members are being forced to charge at the mami market.

Power bank goes for 100 naira and phones goes for 70 naira. You will have to charge everyday and lets say 200 naira per day for 21days thats total of 4,200.

using of the POS machine for cash withdrawal.

They do not charge the normal fee they do outside the camp.

To collect 1k is 100 naira and anything above that is 200 naira, 8k is 250 and 10k is 300.

Just imagine all this.

Most times we will have to buy water in the morning for 50 naira, when there will be no water in the tank to bath.

I thought the government make provisions for all this and i wonder why the officials are milking the people dry thru the maami market.
lol
Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by Csami(m): 9:55am On Mar 10, 2022
Report to the appropriate authority lemme know if they take something like this seriously.
Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by dukia: 9:56am On Mar 10, 2022
I camped in Lagos last year may . It was fun everything was available from water to light .. we no Dey pay to charge for maami .Na where we Dey drink beer we Dey charge and besides there were sockets in the rooms if you know your way sojo go get you extensions.. Lagos camp is the best

2 Likes

Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by biggy4joe(m): 9:56am On Mar 10, 2022
Bros na NYSC camp ooh,no be NYSC GARDENS....E bi like say you never do frog jump or sit-down inside sun na him make u dey talk like dis.Guy focus and join the parade Immediately

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by keentola(m): 9:56am On Mar 10, 2022
A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading.”

If you're looking for ways to update your library with good books, you can contact me.

Notable books I have in my library:

Soldiers of Fortune by Max Siollun
All Chimamanda's books
Ben Okri's books
Dan Brown's
Munroe, Osteen, Benny Hill and other Christian authors.
Books on civil war.
Books on self-development.
Books on Politics and Philosophy.
Autobiographies and Biographies.
Rare Books

You can get these eBooks, Paperbacks and Audiobooks in minutes.
Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by Jeezuzpick(m): 9:57am On Mar 10, 2022
Mario1989:
NYSC CAMP BE LIKE PARAMILITARY TRAINING GROUND...NO EXPECT SAY NA PICNIC YOU GO!!!

So you buy water to bathe in your paramilitary camp, abi?

What's bad is bad, biko!

I served, too, but because I have elder ones who have served, I was briefed enough to carry enough cash. I also hardly used my phone, so I didn't need to charge it often.

Before you ask me how I coped without internet, there were NO smartphones then! grin

5 Likes

Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by Nobody: 9:57am On Mar 10, 2022
nahr:
Scrap out NYSC.
It's either you are done with nysc or aren't yet in the university.

Either of the two is true

3 Likes

Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by federal9: 9:58am On Mar 10, 2022
They will give you Agbada to adjust for 3k.

I remember 2016 Batch but lagos camp.
Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by kelvinunilag: 9:58am On Mar 10, 2022
Good day nairalanders,please I stay around unilag akoka ,I have a cousin that wants to sit for GMat exam,he is very good in the qualitative and integrated reasoning but he is having problem with the verbal and writing,please I need a private teacher for him,will pay you handsomely ......

1 Like

Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by nurudeen181(m): 9:58am On Mar 10, 2022
so with all that you mentioned now corper how e take be government fault.. abi na the nysc officials dey sell food, do pos, charge phones, etc.. what makes you think your camp is same as others.. i served in tsafe 2020 and there was a back generator, it was in december there is always light, there are sucket yet some boys dod some connections that almost got us roasted even after being warned.. i no get much to say sha.. but no be everything they suppose tell person.. you go one camp out of 37 and you say naso waiting you see go be for others... na government...
Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by bluefilm: 10:00am On Mar 10, 2022
SalisuJasper:
I am currently in plateau state nysc orientation camp and with what i have seen so far, the government needs to do better as the 21days in camp can actually put you into depression if you are not bouyant in cash.

The officials have turned the place to a living hell and they find a means in all ways to extort student instead of making life very easy.

They disconnect all the socket in the camp and corp members are being forced to charge at the mami market.

Power bank goes for 100 naira and phones goes for 70 naira. You will have to charge everyday and lets say 200 naira per day for 21days thats total of 4,200.

To collect 1k is 100 naira and anything above that is 200 naira, 8k is 250 and 10k is 300.

Just imagine all this.

Most times we will have to buy water in the morning for 50 naira, when there will be no water in the tank to bath.

I thought the government make provisions for all this and i wonder why the officials are milking the people dry thru the maami market.

Please how much do they charge for sex?

2 Likes

Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by Awkabigboy: 10:00am On Mar 10, 2022
Parachoko:
Kaduna camp was not like this.

I miss Black Gold Camp embarassed
I camped in black gold too cool
Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by DJAbu: 10:03am On Mar 10, 2022
biggy4joe:
Bros na NYSC camp ooh,no be NYSC GARDENS....E bi like say you never do frog jump or sit-down inside sun na him make u dey talk like dis.Guy focus and join the parade Immediately
Instead of concentrating on the essence of the orientation and making the best of the experience, my guy they complain.
Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by nairaman66(m): 10:03am On Mar 10, 2022
falcon01:
Toh it's your camp problem, where I camped everything was available but i still choose to buy with my money. There's always water sockets connected, everything available except the price of things is slightly high.

Did you read where he mentioned where he is? If you didn’t here it is again..

I am currently in plateau state nysc orientation camp and with what i have seen so far, the government needs to do better as the 21days in camp can actually put you into depression if you are not bouyant in cash
Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by delishpot: 10:05am On Mar 10, 2022
Corruption na your mate?
Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by cardoctor(m): 10:05am On Mar 10, 2022
I sorry for africa

1 Like

Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by Ayomi90: 10:06am On Mar 10, 2022
Professorcplus:
To set up a space for business requires more money and also, socket are purposely disconnected because, of fire hazard, phone/laptop theft and other reasons best knoe to camp commandant.
This is not an excuse, then we shldnt have sockets in government buildings all over the country because of fire hazard.

2 Likes

Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by nahr(f): 10:07am On Mar 10, 2022
Hammyaladin:
It's either you are done with nysc or aren't yet in the university.

Either of the two is true

Either of the two is false.
Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by elocas: 10:07am On Mar 10, 2022
It's an experience for 21 days and you are on your own. Try to make things happen anywhere you're posted. Nobody is extorting you.
At the end you will have story to tell like others.
Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by Deltavariant(m): 10:08am On Mar 10, 2022
NYSC orientation camp=prisoner of war detention centre
Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by cruzydal(m): 10:11am On Mar 10, 2022
dukia:
I camped in Lagos last year may . It was fun everything was available from water to light .. we no Dey pay to charge for maami .Na where we Dey drink beer we Dey charge and besides there were sockets in the rooms if you know your way sojo go get you extensions.. Lagos camp is the best
lagos camp isnt even better than ogun state camp. lagos camp that is dirty

2 Likes

Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by lexy2014: 10:11am On Mar 10, 2022
Mario1989:
NYSC CAMP BE LIKE PARAMILITARY TRAINING GROUND...NO EXPECT SAY NA PICNIC YOU GO!!!

Does being in a paramilitary training ground mean that things should more expensive than they usually are outside the camp? Is that what being a paramilitary camp is all about?

1 Like

Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by Roger3D(m): 10:12am On Mar 10, 2022
SalisuJasper:

Just imagine all this.

I thought we had it bad 15 years ago when I served but not knowing that things were about to get alot worse. Back then alot of the services you are paying for right now were virtually nonexistent so the avenues to exploit copers was slim but they still took advantage of our situation nonetheless.

1 Like

Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by lexy2014: 10:12am On Mar 10, 2022
cruzydal:

lagos camp isnt even better than ogun state camp. lagos camp that is dirty

Did u camp in both camps?

1 Like

Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by Bollinga: 10:14am On Mar 10, 2022
This has been happening for more than a decade..

Those phone chargers and pos vendors paid huge sum to be allowed to do business in the camp. Including everyone in that mammi market

It's the government are the beneficiary of the money they paid
Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by Kutunban: 10:15am On Mar 10, 2022
So sad that some people see bad governance and adminstration cum exploitation as normal in this country.

2 Likes

Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by Drsnives(m): 10:15am On Mar 10, 2022
Nonwa gam tai still remains the best

2 Likes

Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by nonxo007(m): 10:15am On Mar 10, 2022
I served in Ogun state, to me that camp is the best in Nigeria. The camp has its own stadium, though I think it is owned by Remo stars. We had constant electricity and water supply. The camp is well structured and tared, the only place that wasn't tared was mami market. De Rok liquor had a mega stand then in camp and every night was Jayie night grin. They even brought beach sand to the camp.
I was a member of the security squad then so I basically didn't participate in any parade and most times I skipped SAED because I was posted to the main gate with the bomb squad, police and military. When ever De Rok liquor was passing the gate they always drop a bag of liquor for men to soft, even ladies drank to stupor. The cost of goods and commodities were fair priced.
Due to my joining the security squad I was given the privilege to pick where I'd like to serve, the place sha aggressively rejected me. Infact the place was the Ambassadors collage. After much toiling and rejection one small school in an uncompleted building accepted me. The owner of the school wanted to still delay salary after so much input I made in the school, I just jejely returned to my base and immediately got a really good government agency that requested for me.
In the end though I enjoyed my short stay in the South West.

2 Likes

Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by elasticlala: 10:16am On Mar 10, 2022
SalisuJasper:

Just imagine all this.

It a common thing with northern states. It was like that in Sokoto about 11 years ago when I served.

1 Like

Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by cruzydal(m): 10:16am On Mar 10, 2022
lexy2014:

Did u camp in both camps?
my friends camped in lagos , the pictures too , lagos camp is dirty , they use canopies , over crowded , its just the hype. ogun state use stadium for their lectures , ATM vans readily available , i never bought water , set of clean toilets and cleaners , i never washed my clothes cause mummy AY is here will wash 15 clothes for 5h, Ogun state was the 5 star camp

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

1st Class UNIUYO Graduate Who Died In NYSC Camp In Zamfara Buried Amidst Tears(p / My Life Is A Mess Right Now, I Need Some Advice Please! / Simon Godwin Idoko Made First Class After Writing JAMB 6 Times, Completes NYSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.