Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,440 members, 7,954,740 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:16 AM

How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment (36187 Views)

The NYSC 2019 Batch A Mobilization Time Table Is Finally Out / My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State / Kano Corpers And Camp Soldiers Clash In Karaye NYSC Orientation Camp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by Banker94(f): 12:07pm On Mar 10, 2022
HarunaWest:
Well when i camped in Umunna Bende in Abia State, we had excess light, we had excess water. Borehole functioned 24/7. Then getting cash we were charged fairly cos withdrawals was made from ATM point and not POS that is in vogue now. The camp food made absolute sense and the officials were so cool..I really enjoyed my stay in Abia State gaskiya. I intend to visit there soonest when this IPOB madness has subsided.
We will be waiting
Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by Banker94(f): 12:09pm On Mar 10, 2022
I camped in Gombe state but my only regret was the long journey and that nonsense trumpet every morning no rest mcheeeew

1 Like

Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by Irijosa777(m): 12:09pm On Mar 10, 2022
You people just come online to speak any how.
I'm currently serving in Plateau.
Some of the things you said are not totally true
1. Socket was disconnected because of the way corpers are using it based on pass events.
Just take a good looks at how the fans wires have been disconnected for charging of phone. Also, since I came I have been using the socket close to my bed to charge my phone same with others but when people started complaining that their phone is stolen while charging it they came yesterday to disconnect all the socket.
2. It is hot water that is being sold for N50, not cold water. Again, some corpers once there is no water in their block they will find it difficult to go to the next block. There has never been a time where you won't see water in any of the blocks. But lazy corpers don't want to go to other blocks to get water.
3. As for pos, 2k is N100 not N200.
Another thing I have also observe is the stubbornness of the corpers, corpers are very stubborn especially from my hostel. Also, we always want our right to be respected by camp officials but we don't respect ourselves, we don't even behave like graduate.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by ArewaNorth: 12:10pm On Mar 10, 2022
This isn't a general problem. When I served in Katsina we had access to water and there was always light though sockets were disconnected for mostly safety reasons but not monetary gain. We had ATM machine in the camp.
Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by blackboy(m): 12:11pm On Mar 10, 2022
Good bless you for your comment. I have seen so many lame defences Im like are ppl real or have brains or zombies.
Ayomi90:

This is not an excuse, then we shldnt have sockets in government buildings all over the country because of fire hazard.
Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by seunlayi(m): 12:12pm On Mar 10, 2022
TheSociopath:

Mumu comment. So remove all the sockets in your house then since you're at risk
look at yourself
Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by lexy2014: 12:15pm On Mar 10, 2022
cruzydal:

gateway international stadium, and hey boy nobody is arguing with u , even people that camped in lagos know ogun state was better

Has the Ogun state nysc camp been moved to Abeokuta from shagamu or do corpers travel all d way to Abeokuta just for lecture during camping?

Can u show me the argument u are referring to?

Was mummy AY washing your clothes for free? Does Lagos not have access to ATMs?
Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by seyz91(m): 12:22pm On Mar 10, 2022
Has Nigerian Polithiefians Not turned Naija to a Business Hub themselves

They just get in political positions to be on Looting Spree
SalisuJasper:
I am currently in plateau state nysc orientation camp and with what i have seen so far, the government needs to do better as the 21days in camp can actually put you into depression if you are not bouyant in cash.

The officials have turned the place to a living hell and they find a means in all ways to extort student instead of making life very easy.

i will be pointing out some point thats need to be checked.

They disconnect all the socket in the camp and corp members are being forced to charge at the mami market.

Power bank goes for 100 naira and phones goes for 70 naira. You will have to charge everyday and lets say 200 naira per day for 21days thats total of 4,200.

using of the POS machine for cash withdrawal.

They do not charge the normal fee they do outside the camp.

To collect 1k is 100 naira and anything above that is 200 naira, 8k is 250 and 10k is 300.

Just imagine all this.

Most times we will have to buy water in the morning for 50 naira, when there will be no water in the tank to bath.

I thought the government make provisions for all this and i wonder why the officials are milking the people dry thru the maami market.
Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by HarunaWest(m): 12:25pm On Mar 10, 2022
Banker94:

We will be waiting
yowa. Sannu.
Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by ghettochild(m): 12:33pm On Mar 10, 2022
Whois:
I had the same experience in Agwu, enugu camp. We pay to charge our phone, we buy water to bath and pos charges is 100 naira for every 1k. I noticed the only cheap commodity in mammy market is food, a plate of cooked food was sold for 300 naira
I served in Agwu too.
That camp is one of the worst in Nigeria.
Their pit latrine was even full we had to do shotput always.
No water.. No electricity
But in my block, one elect elect Otondo connect electricity from the wire in the roof so our room always had electricity others even come to charge sef.
Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by aaking(m): 12:35pm On Mar 10, 2022
HarunaWest:
Well when i camped in Umunna Bende in Abia State, we had excess light, we had excess water. Borehole functioned 24/7. Then getting cash we were charged fairly cos withdrawals was made from ATM point and not POS that is in vogue now. The camp food made absolute sense and the officials were so cool..I really enjoyed my stay in Abia State gaskiya. I intend to visit there soonest when this IPOB madness has subsided.

I de tell you. Umunna bende is lovely area cool and calm. Orji kalu's hometown. The camp is one is one of the Best in Nigeria. The meals are topnotch especially Sunday special
Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by EmmaLege: 12:38pm On Mar 10, 2022
shagamu camp was very okay back then in 2014, i dont know about now sha
Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by aaking(m): 12:40pm On Mar 10, 2022
Banker94:

We will be waiting

Abia State has the best camp in Nigeria forget the propaganda about the state. Orji uzor kalu did wonders over there

1 Like

Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by aaking(m): 12:42pm On Mar 10, 2022
Hannover:

I served there in 2010. All what you said up there is very correct. I experienced them all. When did u serve?

Wow . I also served in Abia State. 2010 batch B.
Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by jericco1(m): 12:53pm On Mar 10, 2022
Well I don't know about now but when I served we had everything. We even had two ATM machine
Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by lilvicky68(m): 12:54pm On Mar 10, 2022
Whois:
I had the same experience in Agwu, enugu camp. We pay to charge our phone, we buy water to bath and pos charges is 100 naira for every 1k. I noticed the only cheap commodity in mammy market is food, a plate of cooked food was sold for 300 naira
Lol those pos guys really made money..

Enugu has water issues and the camp own was the worst sometimes we go to girls hostel to fetch..

what I love about enugu camp is that the parade ground is outside and very easy to skip morning and evening drills grin
Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by Nyanabo(m): 12:56pm On Mar 10, 2022
Whois:

Food is now sold for 500 naira. I'm currently in camp Awgu Enugu state. Things are just going bad. More often than not there is no water. We have to wait till they supply water to all the tanks in camp. That's understandable because of how hilly it is

Secondly the maami people are now exploiting people through POS, goods and services. Should I say they necessarily make the food from the dining so bad so we could patronize the food vendors? Yes that's correct.

1 Like

Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by cruzydal(m): 1:02pm On Mar 10, 2022
lexy2014:

Has the Ogun state nysc camp been moved to Abeokuta from shagamu or do corpers travel all d way to Abeokuta just for lecture during camping?

Was mummy AY washing your clothes for free? Does Lagos not have access to ATMs?
u sound retarded no offense, asking questions like a toddler , no point of this convo when its not my fathers house .
first gateway stadium is in sagamu ,
2 i mentioned earlier that she washes bulk for just 500 but no u have decided to ask questions like my 2 years old niece.
Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by Obodo999(m): 1:03pm On Mar 10, 2022
When the NYSC was founded in 1973, it was promote unity and social integration after civil war. But it has failed. NYSC has now turned into enslave labour and abuse of human rights. It should be made voluntary and not mandatory even if it is not scrapped entirely.

1 Like

Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by lexy2014: 1:16pm On Mar 10, 2022
cruzydal:

u sound retarded no offense, asking questions like a toddler , no point of this convo when its not my fathers house .
first gateway stadium is in sagamu ,
2 i mentioned earlier that she washes bulk for just 500 but no u have decided to ask questions like my 2 years old niece.

So if Mummy AY washes your clothes for 500, why the hype? By d way, what does "bulk" entail?

The gateway stadium is in sagamu. So u guys have to go to d stadium for lectures. that's lovely. do u guys populate the entire stadium? Is there a hall within the camp ground?

Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by Enemyofpeace: 1:20pm On Mar 10, 2022
Very useless country
Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by cruzydal(m): 1:23pm On Mar 10, 2022
lexy2014:

So if Mummy AY washes your clothes for 500, why the hype? By d way, what does "bulk" entail?

The gateway stadium is in sagamu. So u guys have to go to d stadium for lectures. that's lovely. do u guys populate the entire stadium? Is there a hall within the camp ground?

bulk
something very large, or a large amount, not divided into smaller parts: she washes my bedsheets , clothes ,socks down to my canvass for cheap . na only boxers i dey wash. it was very cheap

yes there is also a hall but the stadium is more condusive, lagos corpers sit on the floor lol hahahaha
i stay in lagos bro but i purposely chose ogun state
we didnt full the stadium , just half of it . the toilets are neat , like those ones in yankee high school movies , they dont call it 5 star camp for nothing

Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by EtteP(m): 1:34pm On Mar 10, 2022
Here in Delta State things are very expensive. One bag of pure water #300, a plate of food #500, changing of phone #100, POS #150 for 5k, barbing #500 etc. I thank God it's only few days that is remaining

1 Like

Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by yommyoke: 1:39pm On Mar 10, 2022
SalisuJasper:
I am currently in plateau state nysc orientation camp and with what i have seen so far, the government needs to do better as the 21days in camp can actually put you into depression if you are not bouyant in cash.

The officials have turned the place to a living hell and they find a means in all ways to extort student instead of making life very easy.

i will be pointing out some point thats need to be checked.

They disconnect all the socket in the camp and corp members are being forced to charge at the mami market.

Power bank goes for 100 naira and phones goes for 70 naira. You will have to charge everyday and lets say 200 naira per day for 21days thats total of 4,200.

using of the POS machine for cash withdrawal.

They do not charge the normal fee they do outside the camp.

To collect 1k is 100 naira and anything above that is 200 naira, 8k is 250 and 10k is 300.

Just imagine all this.

Most times we will have to buy water in the morning for 50 naira, when there will be no water in the tank to bath.

I thought the government make provisions for all this and i wonder why the officials are milking the people dry thru the maami market.

Baba, I camped in mangu, although wall sockets were disconnected, but legends know the way about it, we charged Everytime we enter hostel, don't ask me how sha grin

1 Like

Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by lexy2014: 2:09pm On Mar 10, 2022
cruzydal:

bulk
something very large, or a large amount, not divided into smaller parts: she washes my bedsheets , clothes ,socks down to my canvass for cheap . na only boxers i dey wash. it was very cheap

yes there is also a hall but the stadium is more condusive, lagos corpers sit on the floor lol hahahaha
i stay in lagos bro but i purposely chose ogun state
we didnt full the stadium , just half of it . the toilets are neat , like those ones in yankee high school movies , they dont call it 5 star camp for nothing

That's nice. But if your definition of bulk is as above, then that means we missed something in what u said earlier:

"mummy AY is here will wash 15 clothes for 5h"
Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by cruzydal(m): 2:11pm On Mar 10, 2022
lexy2014:

That's nice. But if your definition of bulk is as above, then that means we missed something in what u said earlier:

just checked aND NOTICED you asked foolish questions like someone thats mentally slow , so at this point im done with u
Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by lexy2014: 2:12pm On Mar 10, 2022
cruzydal:

just checked aND NOTICED you asked foolish questions like someone thats mentally slow , so at this point im done with u

Can u show me the question in d post u just responded to:

This is a question below:

Does Lagos camp not have ATMs?
Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by Panda7: 3:10pm On Mar 10, 2022
so the corp members are like the future of nigeria or what? anyway take heart nigeria don't have a priority
Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by Emmariks(m): 3:14pm On Mar 10, 2022
HarunaWest:
Ochendu Y2. I see you.
Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by zutu(m): 3:16pm On Mar 10, 2022
Parachoko:
Kaduna camp was not like this.

I miss Black Gold Camp embarassed
oga na the same thing.. no socket is working.. I charge my phone in Mami market.
Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by Parachoko: 3:17pm On Mar 10, 2022
zutu:
oga na the same thing.. no socket is working.. I charge my phone in Mami market.
How did you pass English Language in school?
Re: How The Nysc Orientation Camp Has Been Turned To A Business Hub By The Goverment by Titugirl(f): 3:30pm On Mar 10, 2022
HarunaWest:
I camped in Umunna Bende too but I was practically counting my days there. The whole Nysc orientation camp experience was just too stressful for me.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Is NYSC In Akwa-ibom State / 2016 Batch B NYSC Call-up Letter Is Out – See How To Print Yours / Female Corper Survives Horrific Accident On Her Way To Orientation Camp (Graphic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.