Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,928 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:55 PM

How Do You Handle Deductions/removals From Salary By Management - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Do You Handle Deductions/removals From Salary By Management (10744 Views)

Money Saving Tips: 16 Ways On How To Save Money From Salary Every Month / Have You Encountered Such? How Did You Handle It? / How Do You Handle Being Shouted On At Work??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Handle Deductions/removals From Salary By Management by FriendsAndFans(m): 2:16pm On Mar 10, 2022
Frankspot:
The first job I got after service the pay was 50k with 6 months of probation, 3 months after there was change of management. The new management ask that we apply again which we all did and we were given another appointment letter to start another indefinite probation period with deductions for lateness and being absent. I never got complete salary. I dont miss work neither do i come late but steady deductions, (money that only takes care of my transport fare and nothing more) one morning I woke up angry after receiving 44,580 as salary the first call i received was from the COO telling me to come early that we have a new client we need to deploy internet service at her home before the client leaves for work. I just texted her on WhatsApp that I’m done with the job that i dont find any motivation to continue.

E shock her cos at that time everything in that department revolved around me, others quit earlier

Bro i am considering quiting too. It makes me feel less a human when I am expecting a full salary only to receive almost half of my salary. What kind of witchcraft is that embarassed

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle Deductions/removals From Salary By Management by Oppy2k2: 2:23pm On Mar 10, 2022
About 7 years ago, I was working with a state government. The government then owned us like 6months of salary. Unlucky for the government, they mistakingly credited few of us for our monthly salaries and a month salary they owned us before. When the government realised this mistake, they started withdrawing the extra one month they mistakingly paid.

As sharp guy, immediately I saw the 2 months alerts, I took the next bike to the bank, I withdrew all the two months salaries.
The following Month, the government did not pay me salary which was okay by me.

The two months salaries I withdrew was what I used to roof my house.

VERDICT- 1. Government won
2. I won too.
Nice doing business together

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Handle Deductions/removals From Salary By Management by Monchengladbach(m): 2:28pm On Mar 10, 2022
This man as been doing it to his workers since 7 years now, very insensitive to workers welfare.

Re: How Do You Handle Deductions/removals From Salary By Management by Nobody: 2:31pm On Mar 10, 2022
Heartless humans always try to reap where they didn't sow.. Your contractor is not doing himself any good by stealing from you all in the name of penutive measures..
Re: How Do You Handle Deductions/removals From Salary By Management by ONNYX: 2:37pm On Mar 10, 2022
Diligent1:
I worked in a company where by if you are late , just 2 minutes late N500 will be deducted from your salary. A lady earning N18,000 collected N3,000 at the end of the month.

That person is incorrigible.

The 3k should have been accompanied with a dismissal letter.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle Deductions/removals From Salary By Management by Dimejimichael(m): 2:44pm On Mar 10, 2022
Frankspot:
The first job I got after service the pay was 50k with 6 months of probation, 3 months after there was change of management. The new management ask that we apply again which we all did and we were given another appointment letter to start another indefinite probation period with deductions for lateness and being absent. I never got complete salary. I dont miss work neither do i come late but steady deductions, (money that only takes care of my transport fare and nothing more) one morning I woke up angry after receiving 44,580 as salary the first call i received was from the COO telling me to come early that we have a new client we need to deploy internet service at her home before the client leaves for work. I just texted her on WhatsApp that I’m done with the job that i dont find any motivation to continue.

E shock her cos at that time everything in that department revolved around me, others quit earlier

Going by ur writeup, I think u work as a networking engineer..

Which company are u now ?
Re: How Do You Handle Deductions/removals From Salary By Management by GboyegaD(m): 2:55pm On Mar 10, 2022
FriendsAndFans:

That's a futile endeavor. cry

You sure you needed advise or just someone to pity you? It is your right, get that, and take them to the industrial court if the deductions are fraudulent.
Re: How Do You Handle Deductions/removals From Salary By Management by Skyfornia(m): 3:02pm On Mar 10, 2022
Diligent1:
I worked in a company where by if you are late , just 2 minutes late N500 will be deducted from your salary. A lady earning N18,000 collected N3,000 at the end of the month.

I doubt if you are diligent if you still see late coming as something not bad. Change your moniker.
Re: How Do You Handle Deductions/removals From Salary By Management by streetsoldier1(m): 3:03pm On Mar 10, 2022
FriendsAndFans:
In my department i discovered that my colleagues and i, our salary is being deducted supposedly to serve as "punitive measures''.
This deductions apart from being unfair, is for random unconnected events.

It turns out its happening every month which obviously portrays WHATEVER PURPOSE ITS MEANT FOR as being sinister.

How do you deal with this if you are experiencing such ?

Quitting is the cure for such nonsense, start looking for job elsewhere
Re: How Do You Handle Deductions/removals From Salary By Management by Nwaotu10(m): 3:06pm On Mar 10, 2022
By quitting the job grin
Re: How Do You Handle Deductions/removals From Salary By Management by Maobichek: 3:32pm On Mar 10, 2022
FriendsAndFans:
In my department i discovered that my colleagues and i, our salary is being deducted supposedly to serve as "punitive measures''.

It turns out its happening every month which obviously portrays WHATEVER PURPOSE ITS MEANT FOR as being sinister.

Good day, i complained about it but my compliant failed on deaf ears, i improved on my services and was vigorously searching for a better job; the day i resigned, i did with dignity and admiration of my colleagues.

Don't give people room to pity you also do your best to be admired, thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do You Handle Deductions/removals From Salary By Management by GloriousGbola: 4:11pm On Mar 10, 2022
FriendsAndFans:

What is a random unconnected event? Perpetual latecoming? Absenteeism? Laziness on the job?
Perpetual incompetence? Asset mismanagement?

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle Deductions/removals From Salary By Management by Diligent1(f): 5:08pm On Mar 10, 2022
Skyfornia:

I doubt if you are diligent if you still see late coming as something not bad. Change your moniker.
You don't know the nature of the work, when you resume 8:00am you close 7:30pm Monday to Saturday no poblic holiday and the work is stressful.
When 6 workers fell sick at the same time, two rushed to hospital, the MD adjusted by force
Re: How Do You Handle Deductions/removals From Salary By Management by InfinixMine: 5:26pm On Mar 10, 2022
espn:
I resigned...I resigned...I remember my boss always setting me up back then. Once the rule is against me...he activates it...if it is against those he likes...he looks away or make excuses for them. In some cases he will cover up...but trust GOD I always end up knowing.

How are you coping now? And living now?
Re: How Do You Handle Deductions/removals From Salary By Management by Bbbw: 5:42pm On Mar 10, 2022
Hard
Re: How Do You Handle Deductions/removals From Salary By Management by phemmyfour: 5:47pm On Mar 10, 2022
Zane2point4:
You come to work late or you behave as you want against the ethics of your company why wont there be deduction so that you’ll get serious?
Or do u prefer sack?

Theres actions to every reactions and vice versa’
At least, they should made it known and for how long the deduction would be. Let there be transparency in all you do as an employer
Re: How Do You Handle Deductions/removals From Salary By Management by Bimpe29: 6:36pm On Mar 10, 2022
What is the nature of your appointment and office?
Re: How Do You Handle Deductions/removals From Salary By Management by Selfmotivated: 7:23pm On Mar 10, 2022
FriendsAndFans:

The best thing is to quit! Find a job elsewhere because when management start this deductions, spell bad omen
Re: How Do You Handle Deductions/removals From Salary By Management by htdot: 7:59pm On Mar 10, 2022
U
Re: How Do You Handle Deductions/removals From Salary By Management by GRAMMARJAMES(m): 8:05pm On Mar 10, 2022
It's simple o. I'll take it back from a crooked means
Re: How Do You Handle Deductions/removals From Salary By Management by Skyfornia(m): 9:18pm On Mar 10, 2022
Diligent1:

You don't know the nature of the work, when you resume 8:00am you close 7:30pm Monday to Saturday no poblic holiday and the work is stressful.
When 6 workers fell sick at the same time, two rushed to hospital, the MD adjusted by force

I'm not justifying the deductions, but once you agreed to terms and conditions of a job without being forced ..you are mandated to abide by it. We know there are times things come up to obstruct our plans and schedules...but making it a constant thing to the extent she went home with 3k at the end of the month shows she is not diligent. If she can't abide by the terms...she should quit.
Re: How Do You Handle Deductions/removals From Salary By Management by BItt: 10:23am On Mar 14, 2022
It's obvious the management of that establishment can afford to pay full salaries hence they introduce penal deductions on your salary.
God will provide a better job for you
Re: How Do You Handle Deductions/removals From Salary By Management by FriendsAndFans(m): 9:57pm On Mar 15, 2022
Selfmotivated:

The best thing is to quit! Find a job elsewhere because when management start this deductions, spell bad omen
cant quit now. i need to find another one first and i promise not to look back
Re: How Do You Handle Deductions/removals From Salary By Management by BItt: 5:40pm On Mar 16, 2022
seunny4lif:
No, what they did to me was worst
They still own me one month salary.
2 different companies
That's the evil men do.
But I think the problem is the consultant heading the management. Those actions are deliberate.
Re: How Do You Handle Deductions/removals From Salary By Management by seunny4lif(m): 9:26pm On Mar 16, 2022
BItt:

That's the evil men do.
But I think the problem is the consultant heading the management. Those actions are deliberate.
Well, in Nigeria, something are left alone.
One was a former CP while the other brothers and husband were Reps and Senators

(1) (2) (Reply)

What's Your Experience Like In The Labor Market? / Interview At A College Of Education / 2023 Census: Adhoc Staff Protest Non-Payment Of Allowances

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.