Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,083 members, 7,821,730 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

US House Passes $13Bn Ukrainian Aid Bill; Outrage At Bombing Of Mariupol - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US House Passes $13Bn Ukrainian Aid Bill; Outrage At Bombing Of Mariupol (13888 Views)

US House Of Reps Votes To Ban TikTok in US / Photos Of Giant Crater Left By The 1000kg Bomb That Hit Mariupol Kids Hospital / Real Gun Which Looks Like It Is Made From Lego Causes Outrage Across The US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US House Passes $13Bn Ukrainian Aid Bill; Outrage At Bombing Of Mariupol by nahr(f): 9:44am On Mar 10, 2022
Appleyard:

You're real funny. cool

lol fr though
Re: US House Passes $13Bn Ukrainian Aid Bill; Outrage At Bombing Of Mariupol by 24brains(m): 9:51am On Mar 10, 2022
GardenOfGod:
Russia-Ukraine War Latest News: US House Passes $13bn Ukrainian Aid Bill; Outrage At Bombing Of Mariupol Hospital

**Aid bill includes $6.5bn to send troops and weapons to eastern Europe, and $6.8bn to care for refugees and provide economic aid to allies.

The Guardian UK
GOD bless AMERICA and GOD bless every heart that does good. putin has lost his prestige and crumble tumble their ruble.

2 Likes

Re: US House Passes $13Bn Ukrainian Aid Bill; Outrage At Bombing Of Mariupol by Hndrrxxx(m): 9:52am On Mar 10, 2022
Viraltrends123:
Check their external debt, they owe China alone 1.1 trillion dollars.

By the way, enjoy your ban
Oh you tryna diss Hndrrxxx that will prolly get you killed??
Re: US House Passes $13Bn Ukrainian Aid Bill; Outrage At Bombing Of Mariupol by gamechanger547: 9:54am On Mar 10, 2022
Sky News

Armed forces minister says Russia is committing war crimes and British soldiers should not be going to fight in Ukraine
James Heappey, the armed forces minister, has told Sky News that "what you see on your TV screens is a war crime", after a hospital was bombed in the southern city of Mariupol.
He said: "Western countries are working together to make sure that that evidence is gathered in the best way so that people can be held to account.
"But let's be clear - what Putin is doing is not a war waged between two militaries. He has besieged a number of Ukrainian cities, and he's waged a war against Ukrainian civilians."
Mr Heappey also confirmed that more defensive aid is on its way to Ukraine.
On accepting refugees, the minister said that personnel would be bolstered in Poland rather than Calais, as that is the busiest centre "by some margin". He also confirmed that the home secretary is considering changes to the visa process.
Mr Heappey also said that serving British soldiers should not be going AWOL (absent without leave) to fight in Ukraine, adding that it is illegal to do so.
"They will be in an awful lot of trouble" if they go and fight, he said.
"This is not the time for people to be going there, and the Ukrainians have made clear, once you cross the border with the with the expectation to fight, you're in it for good.
"So people who think they can go and do a couple of weeks, take some selfies, get some Instagram shots, and then come home - that is not the way the Ukrainians are viewing the people that go to fight for British people should not be doing it."
It comes after the Army yesterday confirmed a number of British soldiers had gone AWOL and may have travelled to Ukraine.
About Sky News
Re: US House Passes $13Bn Ukrainian Aid Bill; Outrage At Bombing Of Mariupol by SIRTee15: 9:58am On Mar 10, 2022
Appleyard:

With all the knowledge acquisition tools available, you're still stuck in the warp belief and misinformation that the government owes 80% of the debt to itself? cool

Google is your friend. I don't have time for illiterates.
Re: US House Passes $13Bn Ukrainian Aid Bill; Outrage At Bombing Of Mariupol by SIRTee15: 10:03am On Mar 10, 2022
Viraltrends123:
Dollar is a popular currency, nothing global about it.

You don't see in tweeter where their business experts and lawyers complain about it, it would be hard for then to survive without it.

Talking about 80%, I was talking about external debt, they owe China alone about 1.1trillion dollars

There's more dollar outside the USA than within, that's why it's a global currency. 60 to 65% of daily global transaction is in dollars. There's no rival yet...maybe in the future.
U were not specific about external debt..did u?
Besides china buying USA securities is out of necessity. Yuan is fixed to the dollar and to maintain that exchange rate, CCP has to mop out excess dollar out of circulation.

1 Like

Re: US House Passes $13Bn Ukrainian Aid Bill; Outrage At Bombing Of Mariupol by Nobody: 10:16am On Mar 10, 2022
Comradewhy:

B.S

Truth hurts. USA apologist.

Russia all the way.

I still wonder why Russia is treating Kyiv with kids gloves.

They should just nuke that city to stone age.. just give 3days corridor to every civilian to leave. And any one who stayed back is a target..

Use unholy bombs to make a statement. After the distruction we rebuild.

Putin is not been decisive enough. He is shown brotherly pity to Kyiv. And i just hate it.

2 Likes

Re: US House Passes $13Bn Ukrainian Aid Bill; Outrage At Bombing Of Mariupol by Nobody: 10:22am On Mar 10, 2022
ademola721gmai:

So, to you, USA is a good country. When it was not your relatives that was bombed in Iraq when they lied the country had WMD bypassing the UN. Well , last time I checked- Only European lives matter.

God bless you bro.. African Asian lives doesn't matter to those European racists bastards. Russia should deal with Ukrainian decisively. Bombs every thing...women will reproduce and replenish. By the way Ukraine has a population of 45millon Russia hasn't killed upto 1million.. nonsense..

1 Like

Re: US House Passes $13Bn Ukrainian Aid Bill; Outrage At Bombing Of Mariupol by paafin(m): 10:23am On Mar 10, 2022
Comradewhy:
Let's take a minute to appreciate this great deed from USA, firstly Putin broke international law by invading Ukraine, secondly he committed a war crime by hitting civilians especially children to the extent of bombing an hospital.
Is this an act of frustration or what,no one deserves this.
My heart goes to the children and innocent civilians that were struck.

And US didn't break international laws or killed civilians (Including children) in Iraq, Afghanistan and Syria?

Oga, Russia security guarantees must be met either by dialogue or by military intervention, anyway NATO, US and Ukraine wants it!

We want peace in the world and it's clear who wants war for it's military industries..
Re: US House Passes $13Bn Ukrainian Aid Bill; Outrage At Bombing Of Mariupol by Nobody: 10:25am On Mar 10, 2022
jcross19:
what about if the incident was not true? That's war strategy to gain sympathy from the western in order to impose no fly zone in the country..
And that is what putin is looking for. Every war nation knows that in war anything can happen. That's why NATO is avoiding confrontation with Russia. I honestly want NATO to get involved. It's been long we have seen nuclear explosions.

It will be nice to see some European refugees in Africa.
Re: US House Passes $13Bn Ukrainian Aid Bill; Outrage At Bombing Of Mariupol by Kingpele(m): 10:38am On Mar 10, 2022
[quote author=Mossadd post=110905628]Nonsense blood money from terrorist country.thses are the sign of early mental problem. You blame putin for invading Ukraine and you don't have any problem with USA and her terrorist allies invading other sovereign countries tagging them terrorist you are mad.
,if you praise trump for approving assassination of a sovereign country General for being a threat to them and her allies but you are criticising putin for trying to put terrorist Ukraine and zelenzy in thier place for being threat to her nations security you have gone beyond redemption.what Russia is doing is bad but HYPROCRITE America and terrorist NATO have done worse than that,so you America ass lickers and NATO lack moral rights to conderm president putin.[ u most be a yoruba Muslim terrorist, if what you condemned the west for doing in the past is been performed by putin u are praising now that makes u a fool.because two wrongs doesn't make a right,children and women are dying and majority of them have been forced to live their homes and live hoods and u still support putin u need to be locked away in a psychiatric hospital
Re: US House Passes $13Bn Ukrainian Aid Bill; Outrage At Bombing Of Mariupol by Viraltrends123: 10:56am On Mar 10, 2022
SIRTee15:

There's more dollar outside the USA than within, that's why it's a global currency. 60 to 65% of daily global transaction is in dollars. There's no rival yet...maybe in the future.
U were not specific about external debt..did u?
Besides china buying USA securities is out of necessity. Yuan is fixed to the dollar and to maintain that exchange rate, CCP has to mop out excess dollar out of circulation.
even their politicians and business experts do complain about the loans on almost every newspapers. I simply said Dept in trillion, be it external or internal, it's still trillions. They borrow from many countries, not only China. You are free to continue with your sycophancy, you are on your own. But, Don't expect praising when you come back to curse your country for doing the same
Re: US House Passes $13Bn Ukrainian Aid Bill; Outrage At Bombing Of Mariupol by GardenOfGod(m): 11:05am On Mar 10, 2022
24brains:
GOD bless AMERICA and GOD bless every heart that does good. putin has lost his prestige and crumble tumble their ruble.
And I say Amen to that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US House Passes $13Bn Ukrainian Aid Bill; Outrage At Bombing Of Mariupol by Nobody: 11:10am On Mar 10, 2022
Enter the NGO, decent citizens who once fended for themselves no reduced to refugees over night.
Will Ukraine be better than how it was last year? No! Do we see a pattern here?
Re: US House Passes $13Bn Ukrainian Aid Bill; Outrage At Bombing Of Mariupol by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 11:15am On Mar 10, 2022
Kastonkastroll:
The same USA giving the Ukrainians this aids are still the same hypocrites giving them weapons to stop the war from ending. undecided
humans must complain, they gave them u will complain, they didn't give them u will complain. Useless critic
Re: US House Passes $13Bn Ukrainian Aid Bill; Outrage At Bombing Of Mariupol by SIRTee15: 11:25am On Mar 10, 2022
Viraltrends123:
even their politicians and business experts do complain about the loans on almost every newspapers. I simply said Dept in trillion, be it external or internal, it's still trillions. They borrow from many countries, not only China. You are free to continue with your sycophancy, you are on your own. But, Don't expect praising when you come back to curse your country for doing the same

Comparing Nigeria to USA debt profile is ridiculous. America borrow in dollars, it's their currency. The whole world use it...america simply exports it's inflation to the rest of the world.
Besides most debt is owed by is American govt itself...almost 80 percent of the debt. Pls go and read about us debt.
Nigeria borrows in foreign currency, we have to work very hard to pay back those money. Any attempt to print excess naira to pay back will need to massive inflation within the country. Nobody wants the naira not even Nigerians.

America can owe gigantum amount of debt and get away with it....at least for now.
Nigeria toeing same path is stupidity in geometric progression.
Pls don't encourage our politicians to be foolish, they will just bury off Nigeria.
Re: US House Passes $13Bn Ukrainian Aid Bill; Outrage At Bombing Of Mariupol by Truckpusher(m): 11:27am On Mar 10, 2022
nahr:
Zelensky should be happy with this news, it seems like his cries have eventually been heard. Now he can start rebuilding the ruins and Ukrainians can come back home to continue with their lives and businesses. 1 million dollars should be sent to each Ukrainian household as a means of finding their feet back. Also with that huge amount of money Ukraine can build their own nuclear heads and bomb Moscow out of oblivion in retaliation and then the much touted WW3 can start. I have dug out my own bunker incase any missile mistakenly flies over Nigeria.
grin grin
Re: US House Passes $13Bn Ukrainian Aid Bill; Outrage At Bombing Of Mariupol by Ronnnie: 11:40am On Mar 10, 2022
seanwilliam:
and what’s your problem exactly ? USA is bad , are you ok now? Or you want the power to move to east ? What are you driving at exactly ? ..

Anyway none of those countries saint, but by far, USA is better .. if power moves to the Russians or China especially , u go suffer
How are you sure power hasn't moved already....They both have better economies than US and Nigeria benefit mostly from them than the US...
I mean Russia supplies more than 10% of energy around the world...
China is the biggest exporter in the world presently....do you know how many cranes of good comes into Nigeria from China daily??
So how will I suffer boss?
Your opinions are baseless.....research well before replying
Re: US House Passes $13Bn Ukrainian Aid Bill; Outrage At Bombing Of Mariupol by kumulus(m): 11:53am On Mar 10, 2022
jazon:
Take it or leave it. USA is a good country.

For those supporting Russia. That's how they would have supported Hitler if ww2 happened today

$13billion aid = $13billion national debt (+interests)

God Bless America
Re: US House Passes $13Bn Ukrainian Aid Bill; Outrage At Bombing Of Mariupol by internet: 11:55am On Mar 10, 2022
Kastonkastroll:
The same USA giving the Ukrainians this aids are still the same hypocrites giving them weapons to stop the war from ending. undecided

If u can avoid drugs, it will do u a lot of good bro.

1 Like

Re: US House Passes $13Bn Ukrainian Aid Bill; Outrage At Bombing Of Mariupol by 27Pushing30: 12:09pm On Mar 10, 2022
Comradewhy:

Was that intentional?

Was the hospital intentional?
Re: US House Passes $13Bn Ukrainian Aid Bill; Outrage At Bombing Of Mariupol by seanwilliam(m): 12:09pm On Mar 10, 2022
Ronnnie:

How are you sure power hasn't moved already....They both have better economies than US and Nigeria benefit mostly from them than the US...
I mean Russia supplies more than 10% of energy around the world...
China is the biggest exporter in the world presently....do you know how many cranes of good comes into Nigeria from China daily??
So how will I suffer boss?
Your opinions are baseless.....research well before replying
Russia and China economies don’t measure up to USA . America economy is almost 24t$, while Russia/China is not up to 17tr$..
An average Nigerian benefits from USA than China .. when I say benefit, I’m not talking about cheap product.

Some Nigeria make their living on YouTube , GOogle play stores,linkeld , Instagram , WhatsApp etc.
can you say the same of Russia/China?

The google you’re using is an American product , Instagram , Facebook , windows, Android , iOS are all American products.
Even nairaland webhost is probably from USA.
To burst your brain, AMERICA has offered more benefits to some Nigerians than what Nigeria has done for them ..
Even that same AMERICA is the biggest China trade partner ..

And I can bet my balls that if you’re asked to choose between working with an AMERICAn company and Chinese company , you won’t hesitate to choose the former..

You’re just an hypocrite and ingrate!.
Re: US House Passes $13Bn Ukrainian Aid Bill; Outrage At Bombing Of Mariupol by Ronnnie: 12:35pm On Mar 10, 2022
seanwilliam:
Russia and China economies don’t measure up to USA . America economy is almost 24t$, while Russia/China is not up to 17tr$..
An average Nigerian benefits from USA than China .. when I say benefit, I’m not talking about cheap product.

Some Nigeria make their living on YouTube , GOogle play stores,linkeld , Instagram , WhatsApp etc.
can you say the same of Russia/China?

The google you’re using is an American product , Instagram , Facebook , windows, Android , iOS are all American products.
Even nairaland webhost is probably from USA.
To burst your brain, AMERICA has offered more benefits to some Nigerians than what Nigeria has done for them ..
Even that same AMERICA is the biggest China trade partner ..

And I can bet my balls that if you’re asked to choose between working with an AMERICAn company and Chinese company , you won’t hesitate to choose the former..

You’re just an hypocrite and ingrate!.

Dude.....choose whatever side you want..Kos I see the West have your Blinded....
US economy will continue to be stronger Kos of the Dollar and how it rules the international Market.....
Calling someone an Hypocrite doesn't make you any smarter??..just make a point and I will give mine as that's what makes an argument....
You dey talk like woman and I don't argue with that gender....
Re: US House Passes $13Bn Ukrainian Aid Bill; Outrage At Bombing Of Mariupol by gamechanger547: 1:01pm On Mar 10, 2022
Russia says any foreigner captured in Ukraine war will not be treated as prisoner of war.

10 Mar, 2022 10:54
Around 100 Americans screened to join Ukrainian forces
Kiev’s military attaché in Washington DC has been conducting interviews with volunteers via Zoom
A Ukrainian soldier in an armoured vehicle on the west side of the Ukrainian capital of Kyiv on February 26, 2022. © AFP / Daniel LEAL
Approximately 100 US citizens have passed the screening to join the Ukrainian armed forces fighting the Russian offensive, Kiev’s military attaché in Washington DC has revealed.
Since Moscow launched its invasion of its neighbor on February 24, some 6,000 people, mostly Americans, have reached out to the Ukrainian Embassy in the US to express their willingness to serve alongside Ukrainian forces, Major General Borys Kremenetskyi, has told the news agency AP.
Interviews with volunteers have been conducted by Kremenetskyi and other diplomatic staff in the US capital via Zoom.
According to the official, half the applicants had to be rejected early in the vetting process as they did not have the required military experience, had a criminal background, or were either too young or too old. Others did not make the list because the embassy was not able to adequately check their background. To be granted official permission to fight for Ukraine, those candidates who make it through the initial stages have to undertake a final Zoom interview.
Before any foreigner can join up, they are required to sign a contract to serve without pay in the International Legion for the Territorial Defense of Ukraine. The combatants have first to get themselves to Poland, then cross the Polish-Ukrainian border at a specified point. They are given weapons on arrival in Ukraine, but are expected to provide their own protective gear.
Kiev estimates suggest that, since the start of the war, approximately 20,000 foreign fighters from dozens of countries across the world have joined the Ukrainian forces.
Kremenetskyi said that among those American volunteers deemed eligible were veterans of the Iraq and Afghan wars with combat experience, including a number of helicopter pilots.
The US government has advised its citizens against heading to the war zone. In fact, last Wednesday, Secretary of State Antony Blinken called on Americans who might be thinking of traveling there “ not to go. ” The State Department says that it is unclear how many have arrived in Ukraine since the start of the war, however.
According to an unnamed senior US federal law enforcement official cited by AP, Americans taking part in a military conflict abroad could face criminal charges at home or even lose their citizenship, under certain circumstances.
Several other experts the news outlet spoke with noted that such volunteers could potentially be recruited by foreign intelligence services while in the war zone and continue working for them on their return to the US. Others pointed to the risks to America’s national security posed by white supremacists, who are believed to be among the new recruits, and who could become even more radicalized in Ukraine.
The Russian Ministry of Defense, for its part, warned “ foreign mercenaries ” last week that they would not be considered prisoners of war should they be captured by Russian troops.
Ukraine’s military attaché in the US insists that the volunteers are “ not mercenaries who are coming to earn money, ” but rather “ people of goodwill who are coming to assist Ukraine to fight for freedom. ” Kremenetskyi told AP it was the “ unfair ” and “ unprovoked” nature of Moscow’s attack that was compelling Americans to “ go and help ” Ukraine, asserting that “ Russians can be stopped only with hard fists and weapons. ”
You can share this story on social media:
Top stories
Subscribe to RT newsletter to get news highlights of the day right in your mailbox
Subscribe
RT Features
ﺍﻟﻌﺮﺑﻴﺔ ESP РУС DE FR
Re: US House Passes $13Bn Ukrainian Aid Bill; Outrage At Bombing Of Mariupol by Nobody: 1:50pm On Mar 10, 2022
SarkinYarki:

Cool down that place is a Nazi brigade stronghold and that hospital probably an ammo depot . Read more about Azov Brigade

Nazi in ukraine that laughable when the president is a Jewish man don't fall for a russian propaganda russian are the nazi here
Re: US House Passes $13Bn Ukrainian Aid Bill; Outrage At Bombing Of Mariupol by SarkinYarki: 1:56pm On Mar 10, 2022
Jesse25:

Nazi in ukraine that laughable when the president is a Jewish man don't fall for a russian propaganda russian are the nazi here

Google and Azov brigade nowa
Re: US House Passes $13Bn Ukrainian Aid Bill; Outrage At Bombing Of Mariupol by Nobody: 2:34pm On Mar 10, 2022
SarkinYarki:

Google and Azov brigade nowa

See ur point
Re: US House Passes $13Bn Ukrainian Aid Bill; Outrage At Bombing Of Mariupol by seanwilliam(m): 2:35pm On Mar 10, 2022
Ronnnie:

Dude.....choose whatever side you want..Kos I see the West have your Blinded....
US economy will continue to be stronger Kos of the Dollar and how it rules the international Market.....
Calling someone an Hypocrite doesn't make you any smarter??..just make a point and I will give mine as that's what makes an argument....
You dey talk like woman and I don't argue with that gender....
shut up ! Stop shifting goal post. Mumu buruku. If someone is going to condemn USA , it should not be someone from an average country whose life depends solely on west products
Re: US House Passes $13Bn Ukrainian Aid Bill; Outrage At Bombing Of Mariupol by Karnice600: 2:39pm On Mar 10, 2022
jazon:
Take it or leave it. USA is a good country.

For those supporting Russia. That's how they would have supported Hitler if ww2 happened today
No country is good. None.
I'll say the US is the best evil to have amongst the global powers today
Re: US House Passes $13Bn Ukrainian Aid Bill; Outrage At Bombing Of Mariupol by Karnice600: 2:47pm On Mar 10, 2022
clevybrown:
what's ur point exactly?

That guy is not happy with himself and life in totality. Looks like he's always bitter about his existence.
Re: US House Passes $13Bn Ukrainian Aid Bill; Outrage At Bombing Of Mariupol by Karnice600: 2:56pm On Mar 10, 2022
ademola721gmai:

So, to you, USA is a good country. When it was not your relatives that was bombed in Iraq when they lied the country had WMD bypassing the UN. Well , last time I checked- Only European lives matter.

And none of your relatives were also in the tower that came crumbling at 11:11.

Looks like you're just pained and biased for personal reasons.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg Considering A Run For President In / Tinubu To Mali, B'Faso, Niger: Re-consider Your Decision, ECOWAS not your enemy / Xenophobia - South Africa . What Your Opinion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.