Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,800 members, 7,862,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 09:56 PM

Renewal Of Mindset Brings Liberation - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Renewal Of Mindset Brings Liberation (617 Views)

The Liberation Of Makkah (paran) By 10,000 Muslims In The Bible / Messy Sex Life Of Liberation City Prophet, Chris Okafor …sleeps With Countless F / Typical 'illuminati' Mindset (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Renewal Of Mindset Brings Liberation by yommyuk: 9:44pm On Jun 29, 2011
James 1:21
So get rid of all the filth and evil in your lives, and humbly accept the word God has planted in your hearts, for it has the power to save your souls.

Apostle James emphazises that all believers are called to respond to the Word that God himself has put WITHIN our very being in fulfillment of Jer 31:33

"But this is the new covenant I will make with the people of Israel on that day." says the Lord. "I will put my instructions deep within them, and I will write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people"

We become born again by accepting Jesus Christ as our lord and Savior. Once a person is born again, God is not finished with him/her; He is just beginning. After the New Birth, the individual is turned over to the Holy Spirit for transformation. The tool the Holy Spirit uses to bring about this transformation is the Word of God.

The spirit of the new believer becomes  re-born, brought back to life. Now this person will need to work out his/her own salvation with fear and trembling. In other words, his soul needs to be saved. The soul is often defined as the mind, the will and the emotions. Each of these areas needs salvation. According to the Scriptures, the mind must be renewed by the Word of God.

CONCLUSION

We are to accept the Word of God with all our soul (which refers to our whole being/person). Give your all to God Words. No questions asked. Just do what it says. When God formed man from the dust of the ground, he breathed the breath of life into man's nostrils, and the man became a living person. It is God who gave us life and our sole purpose in life should be to do his perfect will which is good for us.

God bless wink

(1) (Reply)

Us Bank Shuts RCCG‘s Accounts / . / God Still Heals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.